Default Mail Account #3

I recently run into a problem with an sbs network.
My clients select their pop3 account as default but when rebooting the
Exchange account becomes the default account.
What can i do with this ?

I want the pop3 account to be the default.

0
sera (7)

What version of Outlook are you working with?  The reason that I ask is that
POP3 and Exchange in the same profile tends to be a bad mix in earlier
versions.

"makis" <sera@mind.gr> wrote in message
>I recently run into a problem with an sbs network.
> My clients select their pop3 account as default but when rebooting the
> Exchange account becomes the default account.
> What can i do with this ?
>

> I want the pop3 account to be the default.

0
neo7948 (622)

"neo [mvp outlook]" <neo@online.mvps.org> wrote in message
> What version of Outlook are you working with?  The reason that I ask is
that
> POP3 and Exchange in the same profile tends to be a bad mix in earlier
> versions.
>
> "makis" <sera@mind.gr> wrote in message
> >I recently run into a problem with an sbs network.
> > My clients select their pop3 account as default but when rebooting the
> > Exchange account becomes the default account.
> > What can i do with this ?
> >

> > I want the pop3 account to be the default.

0
sera (7)

Hello How to add an additional email domain and make it default for Exchange 2007? Thanks! Look up: New-RecipientDomain Get-EMailAddressPolicy New-EMailAddressPolicy Set-EMailAddressPolicy -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Ronald" <2omikk@gmail.com> wrote in message news:uOf%23x$$nKHA.5520@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello > > How to add an additional email domain and make it default for Exchange > 2007? > > Thanks! > We have a dedicated group for SBS...

HELP- Copy a Data Series to Other Graphs? #3
Hi- I'm using Excel 2002 and I've got a lot of XY (Scatter) graphs. When I add a new data series to one graph, it is defined by 3 values (Name, X Value and Y Value) If I want to add this data series to 7 or 8 add'l graphs, I know that I can copy/paste these 3 values to each of them. Is there a simpler way to accomplish this? thnx ...

workplace default pane default tab
Hi, Strange as it may seem, some users cannot find "Default tab" and "Default pane" to customize in the General tab of the Workplace (either in Client or Web Access). Even those who already used it, do no find it anymore. How can this be achieved (customization / programming)? Thanks a lot. ...

Form defaults
Hi, I have a button on a form that disables and rearranges controls. I think I went into design view it it pressed and that control arrangement became the default. I cannot change it back though. I tried clicking the button twice and everything goes back to how it should be in form view. Then when I go to design mode everything goes to the wrong defaults. I hope that makes sense. Thanks for your help. ...

Default Catagory
Is ther a way in Outlook 2002 and 2003 to set a default catagory to all new Calendar items when they are created i.e. "Work" and then add any others you require? Also can you add a catogory to all the existing items in the calendar again "Work" in one go without destorying any existing catogories? Thanks Shane ...

Opening Links in E-mail messages
I have just installed Outlook 2007 and find that when I try to open a web link within the e-mail message I get the following message: This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Contact System admin" I have read and tried most of the solutions on here suggesting reseting internet options and changing my default browser, none of them seem to work for me. I'd be grateful for any suggestions. I am using Windows 7, Outlook 2007 and IE 8 On Sat, 2 Jan 2010 07:56:01 -0800, Ian-Cardiff <Ian-Cardiff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:...

Outlook Mail Deleting
In Outlook 2003, In the >Tools>Options>Other In the "General" section when you have a check mark in the "Empty the Deleted Item folder upon exiting" Item will not delete when you close outlook. At times, you can manually delete the files and when you open Outlook again, they are still there. Also, hold true for the sent folder. It takes a combination of rebooting, unchecking and rechecking the option to make it work again. I have used the detect and repair option with no success. What can I do to fix this? Thanks JW Does it help if you use th...

Change default outlook calendar
I just went from outlook 2002 to outlook 2003 pro. I now have a default calendar that I would like to delete because of all of its errors (duplicates, etc.) and replace it with a clean copy of an alternative calendar. How? David <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just went from outlook 2002 to outlook 2003 pro. > > I now have a default calendar that I would like to delete > because of all of its errors (duplicates, etc.) and > replace it with a clean copy of an alternative calendar. > How? Create a new PST and set it to be your default delivery locat...

Shortcut for mail accounts
Using OL 2002 SP2 on XP Pro SP1 Hi all, Is it possible to create a shortcut for the individual mail accounts that I use that will show up as icons under My Shortcuts on the left side of the UL window pane? I was looking for something along the line of what appears there with the Hotmail account that I now have. The icon will show how many emails in the account as it does in the Hotmail one. I'm trying to do this so I can monitor an account that I have at my ISP that filters spam out to a separate account. What I have to do now is open that account separately to check the volume of ju...

Office Products can't send mail through WLM (General mail failure)
Office Pro 2007 and latest patches XP Pro SP3 IE8 Windows Live Mail (Set as default email client) Open Excel Open an Existing spread sheet File (Office Orb)->Send->E-Mail Error Message "General mail failure. Quit Microsoft Office Excel, restart the mail system, and try again." I have tried to repair Office Verified WLM is the default email client though IE tools-Options Run FixMapi.exe (this sometimes works when Excel is open, but will fail the next you start Excel to send again) I should add that I can right click on a file in explore and ...

What is error# 0x80040102, my Domino connector is not reading mail
My calendar & tasks are read by the outlook easily but fails to read mails. It's working for perfect for a collague but fails on me every time. Finally this is the error which is shown by the replicator. ...

smtpsvc errors and now no outgoing mail
My sbs2000 server will no longer allow outgoing mail, I started to get these two error messages: The description for Event ID ( 4005 ) in Source ( smtpsvc ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following information is part of the event: 0, 0, 0. The description for Event ID ( 756 ) in Source ( smtpsvc ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following infor...

Windows Mail
I have a website with an email account (Mr Site) and I want to transfer the 30 folder from theer to Windows Mail. Each folders may have a dozen emails in, and the amount will increase in folders and email over the next 12 months. Is it o.k to do this, or will I be overloading the mail account? Kind regards Mel You won't overload your mail account locally by doing this. Windows Mail will handle hundreds of thousands of messages. steve "Melanie Garney" <Melanie Garney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4A87B91E-987A-45B0-8412-BF3E48...

After restore can't see the e-mail in outlook
Want to know if someone experienced this problem or know a solution for this prob . One user and is mailbox got deleted, and the mailbox had been purge, so I recreate is account and mailbox go in my Backup exec 8.6 with the exchange agent and do a restore of is mailbox, everything is fine, see all is e-mail in the status windows, restore completed successful in system manager I see that he have 210 object and xx kb so I reconfigure is outlook, but no e-mail are showing.. The only case that I saw with this prob was the language of the outlook, but it is the same as before. I tried the Exmerge...

Outgoing E-mail #2
I use verizon dsl, and have no problem sending out emails from home. Recently I have taken it to a friends office who also uses Verizon dsl, but I cannot send e-mails using his connection. I have tried setting up a new account, but that hasnt worked either. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Check your SMTP server settings - are you set to authenticate to the Verizon SMTP server? anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > I use verizon dsl, and have no problem sending out emails > from home. Recently I have taken it to a friends office who > also uses Verizon dsl, but I...

Change default font and size for comments?
Does anyone know how to do the above? Many thanks Anita Hi Anita! Right-click on the desktop > Properties Appearance tab > Item dropdown, select Tooltip Choose a font Size, click OK You'll see that you can change the font and colour as well. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au To change the default font size (this will also change the settings for tooltips in Excel and other programs): Right-click on the desktop, and choose Properties On the Appearance tab, click Advanced. From the Item dropdown, choose Tooltip Choose a font ...

Stuck Email #3
I'm running Outlook 2003 and I'm getting this error message when checking emails. Task '(Server Name) - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: +OK 641 octets follow.' I've been told by my ISP that it's a stuck email, a conflict between my email client and anti virus software. (Have just upgraded to Symantec SystemWorks 2004) If I log onto mailbox via web I can isolate the email to...

IMF and mail not going to junk folder
Hi! Have installed and enabled IMF on our Ex2003. Have set Gateway Blocking to 8 and "no action" and set StoreJunk E-mail to 4. In Outlook 2003 spammails still go to inbox and not to junkmail folder. Why? I have junkmail set to "high". Is it possible to see what SCL every mail gets? What am I doing wrong? Tomppa You need to set the action to archive. see http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/IMF-Managers.html There is an add-in for outlook that lets you view the SCL as well..I don't have the link handy, though... "Tommy Forsman" <tofors99@hotmai...

Public folder e-mail address
E2003 on SBS2003. I just added several public folders with e-mail addresses thus: created them via Outlook, then mail-enabled via System Manager. SMTP addresses only. When I send mail from any Exchange client in the organization to any of them, the message arrives in the public folder correctly as a post. However, when I send from outside, the server denies delivery like this: Reporting-MTA: dns;<FQDN of my server> Received-From-MTA: dns;;<FQDN of sending SMTP server> Arrival-Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 16:18:32 -0700 Final-Recipient: rfc822;<Destination e-mail ad...

envelope symbol on accounts
I am using Microsoft Money 2002 and notice an envelope symbol with a question mark on some of the entries in my checking register. I can't seem to find an explanation on it's meaning, or how to remove it----any help ? Thanks See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q6. "Ed" <dc@pro-ns.net> wrote in message news:19cc01c3fbf9$fba52b00$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I am using Microsoft Money 2002 and notice an envelope > symbol with a question mark on some of the entries in my > checking register. I can't seem to find an explanation on > it's meaning, or how to ...

Footer defaults
I use a consistent protocol for footers on my reports but would like those footers to exist in every file I create. Is there some way to make them the default? -- Joe S. Hi create a new workbook with this footer and save this as a template (*.xlt file) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Joe S." <JoeS@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4D12465C-3586-4F79-A000-19AB582C456C@microsoft.com... > I use a consistent protocol for footers on my reports but would like those > footers to exist in every file I create. Is there some way to make them th...

Reducing The Account Format
Is there a tool that allows you to reduce the number of segments you have allocated to you COA in a company and consolidate the accounts? I have a client that has 5 segments and wants to reduce it down to 3. They have posted transactions. Will PST or the product from Corporate Renaissance do this? I know they can increase it... How would you reduce it? Would you be removing separators or remoing two segments? For example: AA-BB-CC-DD-EE to AABB-CCDD-EE or AA-BB-CC- DD-EE to AA-BB-CC? >-----Original Message----- >Is there a tool that allows you to reduce the number of segment...

Default organization not default
Hey, I changed my default organization of CRM. However when opening the default server URL. Still the old default organization is opened. Resetting IIS, clearing the Internet Explorer cache en even rebooting the server does not help. Does someone have more ideas?? Thx. Mirella try to disable the other organization and keep the only one . access it with default and post us if you get the error. ------ Aamir http://danishmscrm.blogspot.com/ I disabled all the organizations except the one I that needs to be de default. Opening CRM with the default URL the following error is displa...

Setting the default contact list for Outlook 2007
When I create an email message, and click on "To" to search my contact list, by default it always goes to the Global Address List. Is there a way to make my Contact List the default? "brenda" <brenda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FED962FD-27E7-42BA-B0CE-FEA9256DDEC4@microsoft.com... > When I create an email message, and click on "To" to search my contact > list, > by default it always goes to the Global Address List. Is there a way to > make my Contact List the default? When that Address Book window opens, click Tool...

default mail programme
Email Client: pop how do i make entourage my default email programme. See my answer in your other thread. On 30/04/2010 14:01, Digs@officeformac.com wrote: > Email Client: pop how do i make entourage my default email programme. -- Michel Bintener Microsoft MVP (Macintosh) *** Please always reply to the newsgroup. *** ...