Default Email Account

Greetings,

I have email accounts with three ISPs, but I almost always send email from one of them.  Is it possible to get Outlook 2002
(SP3) to automatically use the desired account, so as to avoid having to select it every time I create a new email?

Thanks
LarryS

0
alresford (4)

On what basis are you looking for Outlook to know which is the desired
account?

"LarryS" <alresford@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Greetings,
>
> I have email accounts with three ISPs, but I almost always send email from
one of them.  Is it possible to get Outlook 2002
> (SP3) to automatically use the desired account, so as to avoid having to
select it every time I create a new email?

> Thanks
> LarryS

I would assume that there is a preference or default setting; e.g., always send via Hotmail.  Naturally the default could be
overridden for individual email messages.

"Graeme" <graeme.gibson@websetters.co.uk> wrote in message news:O$scrZIGEHA.580@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
| On what basis are you looking for Outlook to know which is the desired
| account?
|

| "LarryS" <alresford@hotmail.com> wrote in message
| > Greetings,
| >
| > I have email accounts with three ISPs, but I almost always send email from
| one of them.  Is it possible to get Outlook 2002
| > (SP3) to automatically use the desired account, so as to avoid having to
| select it every time I create a new email?
| >
| > Thanks
| > LarryS

0
alresford (4)
4/2/2004 11:16:38 AM
Sorry Larry, I misunderstood your question.

Absolutely. When you set-up the accounts you define the default account
(Tools/Accounts) that will be used when sending mail items by default (when
selecting the Send function).

When you wish to send using one of the other accounts, select the Send
Using... function on the File menu of the mail item and you will be asked to
select one of the active mail accounts.

Regards
Graeme
=====================================
Websetters - home of the WS:Outlook AddIn
the only limits are those of vision...
www.websetters.co.uk
=====================================

> I would assume that there is a preference or default setting; e.g., always
send via Hotmail.  Naturally the default could be
> overridden for individual email messages.
>

> "Graeme" <graeme.gibson@websetters.co.uk> wrote in message
> | On what basis are you looking for Outlook to know which is the desired
> | account?
> |

> | "LarryS" <alresford@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> | > Greetings,
> | >
> | > I have email accounts with three ISPs, but I almost always send email
from
> | one of them.  Is it possible to get Outlook 2002
> | > (SP3) to automatically use the desired account, so as to avoid having
> | select it every time I create a new email?
> | >
> | > Thanks
> | > LarryS

I would assume that there is a preference or default setting; e.g., always send via Hotmail. Naturally the default could be
overridden for individual email messages.

LarryS

"Graeme" <graeme.gibson@websetters.co.uk> wrote in message news:O$scrZIGEHA.580@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
| On what basis are you looking for Outlook to know which is the desired
| account?
|

| "LarryS" <alresford@hotmail.com> wrote in message
| > Greetings,
| >
| > I have email accounts with three ISPs, but I almost always send email from
| one of them.  Is it possible to get Outlook 2002
| > (SP3) to automatically use the desired account, so as to avoid having to
| select it every time I create a new email?
| >
| > Thanks
| > LarryS

0
alresford (4)
4/3/2004 4:37:34 AM
I would assume that there is a preference or default setting; e.g., always send via Hotmail. Naturally the default could be
overridden for individual email messages.

LarryS

"Graeme" <graeme.gibson@websetters.co.uk> wrote in message news:O$scrZIGEHA.580@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
| On what basis are you looking for Outlook to know which is the desired
| account?
|

| "LarryS" <alresford@hotmail.com> wrote in message
| > Greetings,
| >
| > I have email accounts with three ISPs, but I almost always send email from
| one of them.  Is it possible to get Outlook 2002
| > (SP3) to automatically use the desired account, so as to avoid having to
| select it every time I create a new email?
| >
| > Thanks
| > LarryS

0
alresford (4)
4/3/2004 4:39:22 AM
On a similar note I have numerous accounts that I use one of which is only
valid when I'm on dialup - ie not on the LAN.  If I'm on the LAN it gives me
an error each time it synchronises.  How do I temporarily disable one
account to not synchronise??

> Greetings,
>
> I have email accounts with three ISPs, but I almost always send email from
one of them.  Is it possible to get Outlook 2002
> (SP3) to automatically use the desired account, so as to avoid having to
select it every time I create a new email?

> Thanks
> LarryS

0
wooble (11)
4/17/2004 9:28:29 PM
Uncheck it from the send/receive group.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Gargamil asked:

| On a similar note I have numerous accounts that I use one of which is
| only valid when I'm on dialup - ie not on the LAN.  If I'm on the LAN
| it gives me an error each time it synchronises.  How do I temporarily
| disable one account to not synchronise??

| "LarryS" <alresford@hotmail.com> wrote in message
|| Greetings,
|| I have email accounts with three ISPs, but I almost always send
|| email from
| one of them.  Is it possible to get Outlook 2002
|| (SP3) to automatically use the desired account, so as to avoid
|| having to
| select it every time I create a new email?
|| Thanks
|| LarryS

0
MillyS9060 (3207)

Multiple copies of a forwarded email in Exchange
Hie all, I have a challenge that is a thorn in side. Background that may help: I have seven Exchange servers in one 2003 Active Directory domain. These servers are located in six ddifferent countries with one country also hosting the front end server. I have contacts that have email addresses belonging to other sytems e.g yahoo.com hotmail.com etc. On to my Challenge: I have setup forwarding for a number of accounts to their contacts (one of them is my CEO). What happens is that if anyone who's mailbox is not hosted on the same server as his mailbox, sends him email, more than on...

Collecting Data via Email (InfoPath error)
I used the "Collecting Data via email" feature in Access 2007 and chose the InfoPath option. The first time I opened the form in Outlook, it worked fine. Then I went back to Access to tweak the table a little bit and used the "Collecting Data via email" feature again. This time when I tried to open the form in Outlook I received the following error: "InfoPath cannot create a new, blank form. InfoPath cannot open the form. To fix this problem, contact your system administrator." I then clicked on the show details: "InfoPath cannot open t...

set up email 09-01-10
my msn email stoped working..tried to re-set up..keeps saying POP3 cannot be found...got to tools...accounts..etc..won't let me set up.any thoughts..mike Make sure your settings agree with this: http://mailcall.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!CC9301187A51FE33!49799.entry Use port 587 rather than port 25 for the SMTP server. Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ------------------------------------------------------ "mik" wrote in message = news:E5446DB5-CE7B-45D6-B3B5-E6DAC9D25547@microsoft.com... my msn email stoped working..tried to re-set up..keeps saying POP3 = ...

Hello How to add an additional email domain and make it default for Exchange 2007? Thanks! Look up: New-RecipientDomain Get-EMailAddressPolicy New-EMailAddressPolicy Set-EMailAddressPolicy -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Ronald" <2omikk@gmail.com> wrote in message news:uOf%23x$$nKHA.5520@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello > > How to add an additional email domain and make it default for Exchange > 2007? > > Thanks! > We have a dedicated group for SBS...

workplace default pane default tab
Hi, Strange as it may seem, some users cannot find "Default tab" and "Default pane" to customize in the General tab of the Workplace (either in Client or Web Access). Even those who already used it, do no find it anymore. How can this be achieved (customization / programming)? Thanks a lot. ...

Forwarding incoming emails to multiple users or administrator
How can I forward and incoming email to another email account or to my administrator account without deleting the incoming email and the person knowing they're being spy on. Working with Exchange 2003. Can someone help me with this? Thanks in advance. You can either forward it to the mailbox and alternate recipient by going to user properties | Exchange General tab | Delivery Options | Forwarding Address and selecting the alt. recipient and checking "Deliver messages to both forwarding address and mailbox"; or you can move mailbox to another Store and enable journaling on t...

cant send email from ukonline address
0x800CCCoe error code, settings worked fine before i moved house, i had all of my services (virginmedia) reinstalled at my new house and then although I can receive email from this address I cant send.... any ideas welcome! Please post any error message in its entirety. You can left click on it to highlight and then right click to copy and then paste it into this thread. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "funsmiley" <funsmiley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF3B8030-4A45-48DA-A0C8-9A910425FEA0@micros...

Cannot Block Outgoing Email
We have a single MS Exchange Server 2003. I have setup two SMTP virtual servers, one for port 25 and one for another port that for our outside MX service. Both are enabled for sender, recipient, and connection filtering. I began by taking a particular hotmail address and adding it to recipent filtering. After not successfully blocking the email address, I ultimately used *@hotmail.com. I still cannot block email addresses from being sent. What am I missing? Thanks in advance, Mark Napa, CA - Sender Filtering is for **inbound mail from** particular senders/domains - Recipient Fi...

Form defaults
Hi, I have a button on a form that disables and rearranges controls. I think I went into design view it it pressed and that control arrangement became the default. I cannot change it back though. I tried clicking the button twice and everything goes back to how it should be in form view. Then when I go to design mode everything goes to the wrong defaults. I hope that makes sense. Thanks for your help. ...

block email
I have Outlook 2000 and would like to block an email. How do I go about doing this? Thanks for any help. MK Why not use Zone Alarm to detect all incoming emails, it soon recognises those you do not want. "MtnKitty68" <MtnKitty68@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F64A25FF-C662-4E2C-B9D6-B742B4694858@microsoft.com... > I have Outlook 2000 and would like to block an email. How do I go about > doing this? > Thanks for any help. MK You can check out this info on OL2000's Junk Mail filtering: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-...

RE: offline defrag -- internet email content lost
we ran into an issue with exchange 2000 in which we reached the 16GB mailsto re limit where we had to run an off-line defrag using the eseutil utility ; when i ran the ESEUTIL I used the /i switch (do not defragment streaming fil e) ; I decided to do this because of time considerations ; after the defrag, I replaced the old EDB and STM with the new EBD and STM ; after running the defrag it seems that we are missing the content from a lot of messages rece ived from the internet (all we see is the header information) ; I read that this information is stored in the STM (streaming database) file...

help with entering data into Investment Accounts
Hello, I'm quite confused on how I should enter data into my Investment Account (a mutual fund account). Suppose I start from the beginning: I put $5000 into the account and buy some FundA and FundB. What kind of transaction are these, are they "buy" or "add shares"? Secondly, if I later transfer/switch from one fund to the other, are they "sell... buy" or "remove shares... add shares". (There isn't a "switch" transaction type). Finally, if I sell some funds and transfer the money out of the fund account, how do I do this? Use t...

Email is never received
I have a user who is trying to receive a 10MB email from a university. She states that she didn't receive it and it didn't bounce back to the sender. I checked her mail limits and she can send and receive up to 20MB. As a test, I sent her a 13MB file from my Yahoo account and it hasn't arrived either and I haven't seen the email bounce back. I have Exchange 2003. Could the emails still be floating around on the Internet or is my server deleting them without delivering them? Thanks, John On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 16:32:45 -0400, "John" <bsmith@a...

Outlook xp pro will not archive email.
I can no longer archive email. It says it is archiving but no messages are moved. Check the Last Modified date on the items that aren't being archived as you think they should. That's the date Outlook uses to determine whether or not an item is ready to be AutoArchived, and a simple action such as moving the item to another folder can change the Last Modified date. More information and a list of actions that change the Last Modified date can be found here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;295657 -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-m...

Default Catagory
Is ther a way in Outlook 2002 and 2003 to set a default catagory to all new Calendar items when they are created i.e. "Work" and then add any others you require? Also can you add a catogory to all the existing items in the calendar again "Work" in one go without destorying any existing catogories? Thanks Shane ...

Change default outlook calendar
I just went from outlook 2002 to outlook 2003 pro. I now have a default calendar that I would like to delete because of all of its errors (duplicates, etc.) and replace it with a clean copy of an alternative calendar. How? David <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just went from outlook 2002 to outlook 2003 pro. > > I now have a default calendar that I would like to delete > because of all of its errors (duplicates, etc.) and > replace it with a clean copy of an alternative calendar. > How? Create a new PST and set it to be your default delivery locat...

Shortcut for mail accounts
Using OL 2002 SP2 on XP Pro SP1 Hi all, Is it possible to create a shortcut for the individual mail accounts that I use that will show up as icons under My Shortcuts on the left side of the UL window pane? I was looking for something along the line of what appears there with the Hotmail account that I now have. The icon will show how many emails in the account as it does in the Hotmail one. I'm trying to do this so I can monitor an account that I have at my ISP that filters spam out to a separate account. What I have to do now is open that account separately to check the volume of ju...

Stuck Email #3
I'm running Outlook 2003 and I'm getting this error message when checking emails. Task '(Server Name) - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: +OK 641 octets follow.' I've been told by my ISP that it's a stuck email, a conflict between my email client and anti virus software. (Have just upgraded to Symantec SystemWorks 2004) If I log onto mailbox via web I can isolate the email to...

Change default font and size for comments?
Does anyone know how to do the above? Many thanks Anita Hi Anita! Right-click on the desktop > Properties Appearance tab > Item dropdown, select Tooltip Choose a font Size, click OK You'll see that you can change the font and colour as well. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au To change the default font size (this will also change the settings for tooltips in Excel and other programs): Right-click on the desktop, and choose Properties On the Appearance tab, click Advanced. From the Item dropdown, choose Tooltip Choose a font ...

Footer defaults
I use a consistent protocol for footers on my reports but would like those footers to exist in every file I create. Is there some way to make them the default? -- Joe S. Hi create a new workbook with this footer and save this as a template (*.xlt file) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Joe S." <JoeS@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4D12465C-3586-4F79-A000-19AB582C456C@microsoft.com... > I use a consistent protocol for footers on my reports but would like those > footers to exist in every file I create. Is there some way to make them th...

Print an email attachment
If I have an email with a pdf attachment, is it possible to print the email and attachment together without first opening the .pdf file? If not are there 3rd parties available to do this? I'm using Outlook 2007. Thanks The PDF must be opened separately in order to print it. "JDR - Hotmail" <jdrut10@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:89C441C4-E128-4C00-B06F-69A9FF69D859@microsoft.com... > If I have an email with a pdf attachment, is it possible to print the > email and attachment together without first opening the .pdf file? If not > are there 3rd parti...

Reducing The Account Format
Is there a tool that allows you to reduce the number of segments you have allocated to you COA in a company and consolidate the accounts? I have a client that has 5 segments and wants to reduce it down to 3. They have posted transactions. Will PST or the product from Corporate Renaissance do this? I know they can increase it... How would you reduce it? Would you be removing separators or remoing two segments? For example: AA-BB-CC-DD-EE to AABB-CCDD-EE or AA-BB-CC- DD-EE to AA-BB-CC? >-----Original Message----- >Is there a tool that allows you to reduce the number of segment...

Unwanted email duplicates
All my email transactions -- going out and coming in -- are in multiples. I get between two and six copies of each email transaction. My web host tells me it's my email client causing this. I'm running Outlook 2000, and I did import all my old messages from Outlook Express (not sure if this is a problem). Thanks. >-----Original Message----- >All my email transactions -- going out and coming in -- >are in multiples. I get between two and six copies of >each email transaction. My web host tells me it's my >email client causing this. I'm running Outlook 20...

Default organization not default
Hey, I changed my default organization of CRM. However when opening the default server URL. Still the old default organization is opened. Resetting IIS, clearing the Internet Explorer cache en even rebooting the server does not help. Does someone have more ideas?? Thx. Mirella try to disable the other organization and keep the only one . access it with default and post us if you get the error. ------ Aamir http://danishmscrm.blogspot.com/ I disabled all the organizations except the one I that needs to be de default. Opening CRM with the default URL the following error is displa...

cannot recieve email with outlook 2003
I have not recieved any email from my exchange server for the last two days. I can recieve email from the other user accounts I log with and use outlook 2003 but not one particular account. check antivirus files and everything is uptodate and clear. Where do I go next. Please help. Any suggestions. do I need to do something on my exchange server?? Please help. thank you. It sounds like you might have a problem with your mailbox on the Exchange server. There are a few tests to try to narrow down the problem. 1. Try creating a new profile in Outlook and setting up your Exchange account...