Default client #2

I want to make Outlook my default mail client.

In tools, options, other, the box to check to make
Outlook the default client doesn't appear.

How do I make this show up and put it in play ?

Much obliged.
0
dan.dunn (1)

It's actually easier to do this: Open Internet Explorer.  Go to Tools,
Internet Options, Programs tab.  Use the drop down there to set the default
mail client to Outlook.

--
Patricia Cardoza
Outlook MVP

Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003

***Please post all replies to the newsgroups***
"Dan" <dan.dunn@rihmkenworth.com> wrote in message
> I want to make Outlook my default mail client.
>
> In tools, options, other, the box to check to make
> Outlook the default client doesn't appear.
>
> How do I make this show up and put it in play ?
>
> Much obliged.

0
patriciac (522)

Cell names #2
Is there a way to delete multiple names from the Insert>name>define box? One at a time. But you can get a copy of Jan Karel Pieterse's (with Charles Williams and Matthew Henson) Name Manager to help: You can find it at: NameManager.Zip from http://www.oaltd.co.uk/mvp e_vandenbush wrote: > > Is there a way to delete multiple names from the Insert>name>define box? -- Dave Peterson Hi E, To delete multiple names and many other name related utilities, try downloading Jan Karel Pieterse's invaluable Name Manager addin. It is downloadable, free of charge, at: ...

DNS clients Does not query the secondary DNS
Hi, I have 2 w2003 Dcs - both DNS servers Primary and secondary. I have Clients running XP static Ip and in both DNS servers IP is configured as Primary and Secondary DNS. My Primary DNS server went down, all clients are not quering the secondary! using NSLOOKUP it showed that clients are still querying the primary with a tomeout error !! all name resoultiond stoped in the organization! any idea? tx NsLookup does not automatically fall through to alternate DNS servers, it is not a good way to test server redundancy. If you ping a host, which will use the DNS Cl...

Hello How to add an additional email domain and make it default for Exchange 2007? Thanks! Look up: New-RecipientDomain Get-EMailAddressPolicy New-EMailAddressPolicy Set-EMailAddressPolicy -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Ronald" <2omikk@gmail.com> wrote in message news:uOf%23x$$nKHA.5520@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello > > How to add an additional email domain and make it default for Exchange > 2007? > > Thanks! > We have a dedicated group for SBS...

workplace default pane default tab
Hi, Strange as it may seem, some users cannot find "Default tab" and "Default pane" to customize in the General tab of the Workplace (either in Client or Web Access). Even those who already used it, do no find it anymore. How can this be achieved (customization / programming)? Thanks a lot. ...

Form defaults
Hi, I have a button on a form that disables and rearranges controls. I think I went into design view it it pressed and that control arrangement became the default. I cannot change it back though. I tried clicking the button twice and everything goes back to how it should be in form view. Then when I go to design mode everything goes to the wrong defaults. I hope that makes sense. Thanks for your help. ...

Default Catagory
Is ther a way in Outlook 2002 and 2003 to set a default catagory to all new Calendar items when they are created i.e. "Work" and then add any others you require? Also can you add a catogory to all the existing items in the calendar again "Work" in one go without destorying any existing catogories? Thanks Shane ...

[ANN] Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac Service Pack 2 (12.2.0) available for download
The Office 2008 for Mac 12.2.0 SP2(SP2) Update is a combo updater. It includes all the updaters since 12.1.0 (SP1). You can download the combo from Mactopia or via the AutoUpdater (under Help in the Menu bar). This updater does not include Exchange Web Services (EWS). Users that have the EWS beta installed should not use this updater. EWS and Office for Mac SP2 are independent development efforts and their release dates are not linked. Expect more announcements in the coming weeks. Continue reading for more info: <http://tinyurl.com/mma5ux> -- Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP Entourage...

Borders #2
Hello to all, I have a range of cells C34:N35 I need VBA code in order to have borders for this range or clearing the borders depending on the checkbox if it is cliked or not. ie. The code will be part of CheckBox2 button with condition to show the border or hide them.The sheet is protected. Homework? -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Khalil Handal" <khhandal@stthom.edu> wrote in message news:eqUJGJOuHHA.4476@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hello to all, > I have a range of cells C34:N35 > I need VBA code in order to have borders for this ra...

CRM Offline Client Installer Error
Am trying to install CRM Offline Client onto Outlook 2007 in Vista. I am getting the following error; Error| An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'Microsoft.Crm.Entities,fileVersion="3.0.5300.1361",version="3.0.5300.0000",culture="neutral",publicKeyToken="31BF3856AD364E35"'. The signature or catalog could not be verified or is not valid. Then after clicking 'ok', the setup continues for a second, then fails with this error; Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Client.InstallClientAction failed. Below is the lat part of the...

Change default outlook calendar
I just went from outlook 2002 to outlook 2003 pro. I now have a default calendar that I would like to delete because of all of its errors (duplicates, etc.) and replace it with a clean copy of an alternative calendar. How? David <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just went from outlook 2002 to outlook 2003 pro. > > I now have a default calendar that I would like to delete > because of all of its errors (duplicates, etc.) and > replace it with a clean copy of an alternative calendar. > How? Create a new PST and set it to be your default delivery locat...

How to print 2000+ characters seen in formula bar? #2
Formula bar shows +1024 characters, screen only shows 1024. Printer only prints 1024. How can I print all? Add some alt-enters to force new lines within the cell. Use a smaller font. Widen the column width lengthen the row height. Curious wrote: > > Formula bar shows +1024 characters, screen only shows 1024. Printer only > prints 1024. How can I print all? -- Dave Peterson ec35720@netscape.com Thanks, but none of your suggestions work. I'm using Excel 2003 by the way. "Dave Peterson" wrote: > Add some alt-enters to force new lines within the cell. &g...

Customizing CRM 1.2 Home Page
I'm a C#/VB.NET developer that's been put in charge of the CRM system for our company. One of the requests that has been made is to change the "Home" page to allow the sorting of activities based on different fields, etc. How can I do this? I've familiarized myself with the basics of modifying the CRM (the stuff that's documented), but I don't see anything that supports what I need to do with the "My Home" page interface. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks! David You need to add your modification into the isv.config file and also turn...

Outgoing E-mail #2
I use verizon dsl, and have no problem sending out emails from home. Recently I have taken it to a friends office who also uses Verizon dsl, but I cannot send e-mails using his connection. I have tried setting up a new account, but that hasnt worked either. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Check your SMTP server settings - are you set to authenticate to the Verizon SMTP server? anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > I use verizon dsl, and have no problem sending out emails > from home. Recently I have taken it to a friends office who > also uses Verizon dsl, but I...

Change default font and size for comments?
Does anyone know how to do the above? Many thanks Anita Hi Anita! Right-click on the desktop > Properties Appearance tab > Item dropdown, select Tooltip Choose a font Size, click OK You'll see that you can change the font and colour as well. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au To change the default font size (this will also change the settings for tooltips in Excel and other programs): Right-click on the desktop, and choose Properties On the Appearance tab, click Advanced. From the Item dropdown, choose Tooltip Choose a font ...

Footer defaults
I use a consistent protocol for footers on my reports but would like those footers to exist in every file I create. Is there some way to make them the default? -- Joe S. Hi create a new workbook with this footer and save this as a template (*.xlt file) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Joe S." <JoeS@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4D12465C-3586-4F79-A000-19AB582C456C@microsoft.com... > I use a consistent protocol for footers on my reports but would like those > footers to exist in every file I create. Is there some way to make them th...

Default organization not default
Hey, I changed my default organization of CRM. However when opening the default server URL. Still the old default organization is opened. Resetting IIS, clearing the Internet Explorer cache en even rebooting the server does not help. Does someone have more ideas?? Thx. Mirella try to disable the other organization and keep the only one . access it with default and post us if you get the error. ------ Aamir http://danishmscrm.blogspot.com/ I disabled all the organizations except the one I that needs to be de default. Opening CRM with the default URL the following error is displa...

default mail programme
Email Client: pop how do i make entourage my default email programme. See my answer in your other thread. On 30/04/2010 14:01, Digs@officeformac.com wrote: > Email Client: pop how do i make entourage my default email programme. -- Michel Bintener Microsoft MVP (Macintosh) *** Please always reply to the newsgroup. *** ...

Setting the default contact list for Outlook 2007
When I create an email message, and click on "To" to search my contact list, by default it always goes to the Global Address List. Is there a way to make my Contact List the default? "brenda" <brenda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FED962FD-27E7-42BA-B0CE-FEA9256DDEC4@microsoft.com... > When I create an email message, and click on "To" to search my contact > list, > by default it always goes to the Global Address List. Is there a way to > make my Contact List the default? When that Address Book window opens, click Tool...

email default
I set up my outlook as my email default (the same as in outlook 2000). The difference in 2007 is that whenever I sign on to outlook, it totally empties my aol mail box. With 2000, I got my mail but it also stayed in aol. How can I change this? Change the Advanced tab on your Account Properties to leave the messages on the server. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. "Fran" <Fran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Changing & recalculating default values on a form
There are a number of occassions in my application where I use a calculated control (1) as the default value for an unbound control (2). Most of the time the user will accept this value and move forward; however, if one of the underlying values upon which the calculated control (1) is based changes, I would like the value of the unbound control (2) to be updated. I do not want to bind the control (2), because there will also be a few times when the user will need to change its (2) value independent of the value calculated in Control (1) Can I do this? Thanks so much. =?Utf-8?B?TGVM...

? change default line style from solid to dotted
In Format Cell Borders Line Style I use a dash or dotted box around cells rather than the solid line that is the default setting. How do I select a different line as the default. ...

Default Meeting Times
I am trying to re-set the default meeting times to either 25 minutes or 55 minutes. I am working on implementing processes whereby people are given 5 minutes in between meetings for whatever reason and it is to easy to default to the 30 and 60 minute time frames. Is this possible? "Stacey" <Stacey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4344BCCF-018D-44A2-9FED-0D0695B101A5@microsoft.com... >I am trying to re-set the default meeting times to either 25 minutes or 55 > minutes. I am working on implementing processes whereby people are given 5 > ...

Everyone Group #2
I migrated from NT 4.0 to 2003 I had a 5.5 exchange server and I migrated to 2003, my issue is all my users can open each others email boxes. I have looked at the mailbo rights in exchange and the Everyone group is listed with full acess. How can I change this? On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 07:59:05 -0700, "James M" <JamesM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I migrated from NT 4.0 to 2003 I had a 5.5 exchange server and I migrated to >2003, my issue is all my users can open each others email boxes. I have >looked at the mailbo rights in exchange and the Everyone group i...

range checking #2
hi i have a worksheet with a lot of data on it column A contains the date column B contains an area column C contains the fault column D contain a quantity A B C D 1/4/04 stores damaged 10 7/4/04 bins rust 60 what i want to do is return quantity for a date range(one week) that is both damaged and in the stores or any other combination there are 10 areas and 12 faults plus 52 weeks this is a lot of formulas anyone got any ideas how i can ...

Validating sum of 2 cells, same row
Hi- I have created a row with 2 categories and 2 numerical selection lists The numerical selection list represents a % allocation and goes fro 0-100 in increments of 5 and the goal is to apply a percent of tim spent on activities in each category. The sum of the two %allocatio cells should equal 100 - is there a way to confirm/validate this befor the user leaves the row?? eg Row 1 Category 1 %allocation Category2 %allocation Row 2 Activity 1 0-100 (selection list) Activity 2 0-100(selection list) Thanks -Ji -- jgkoci ------------------------------------...