Default account when replying to certain email address

I experienced a problem last evening that is really confusing me.  I
emailed a friend I had not corresponded with in some time.  Outlook
2003 is refusing to use my default email account when replying to this
one email address.

I have five different email accounts set up for particular purposes,
and xyz@kirtland.com (example) is set as default.  Nearly everything I
send uses this address unless I specifically tell Outlook to do
otherwise.  When I send email to one particular person, Outlook
insists in using an alternate account to send, regardless of telling
it otherwise.

I'm out of ideas of what to check.  If anyone has any thoughts, they
are greatly appreciated.

Joe

Are you replying to this person's email that was sent to the wrong acct?
That's the only thing I can think of.

"Joe Bento" wrote:

> I experienced a problem last evening that is really confusing me.  I
> emailed a friend I had not corresponded with in some time.  Outlook
> 2003 is refusing to use my default email account when replying to this
> one email address.
>
> I have five different email accounts set up for particular purposes,
> and xyz@kirtland.com (example) is set as default.  Nearly everything I
> send uses this address unless I specifically tell Outlook to do
> otherwise.  When I send email to one particular person, Outlook
> insists in using an alternate account to send, regardless of telling
> it otherwise.
>
> I'm out of ideas of what to check.  If anyone has any thoughts, they
> are greatly appreciated.
>
> Joe

0
Mary1 (682)
9/25/2005 8:15:03 PM
No, the received email was sent to my default account.  However, my
reply does not use default, even when deliberately chosen.  This
particular individual in replying is the only one I've ever seen this
happen.  I'm baffled.

Joe

On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 13:15:03 -0700, "Mary"
<Mary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Are you replying to this person's email that was sent to the wrong acct?
>That's the only thing I can think of.
>
>"Joe Bento" wrote:
>
>> I experienced a problem last evening that is really confusing me.  I
>> emailed a friend I had not corresponded with in some time.  Outlook
>> 2003 is refusing to use my default email account when replying to this
>> one email address.
>>
>> I have five different email accounts set up for particular purposes,
>> and xyz@kirtland.com (example) is set as default.  Nearly everything I
>> send uses this address unless I specifically tell Outlook to do
>> otherwise.  When I send email to one particular person, Outlook
>> insists in using an alternate account to send, regardless of telling
>> it otherwise.
>>
>> I'm out of ideas of what to check.  If anyone has any thoughts, they
>> are greatly appreciated.
>>
>> Joe

DisAbled Accounts
We talked about this long time ago and it has come back. I have AD accounts which are disabled but I can still logon to those mailboxes from OWA adn when I send mail to those accounts they receive it. Though there is no SELF account and no other user has the Associated External Account permissiosn? How come I not get an NDR and why the user can logon via the OWA? Thank you. Have you checked your DC replication? Exchange reads the user information from the DCs, so if you have replication problems Exchange could be looking at out of date information. "WILDPACKET" <...

Collecting Data via Email (InfoPath error)
I used the "Collecting Data via email" feature in Access 2007 and chose the InfoPath option. The first time I opened the form in Outlook, it worked fine. Then I went back to Access to tweak the table a little bit and used the "Collecting Data via email" feature again. This time when I tried to open the form in Outlook I received the following error: "InfoPath cannot create a new, blank form. InfoPath cannot open the form. To fix this problem, contact your system administrator." I then clicked on the show details: "InfoPath cannot open t...

Multiple copies of a forwarded email in Exchange
Hie all, I have a challenge that is a thorn in side. Background that may help: I have seven Exchange servers in one 2003 Active Directory domain. These servers are located in six ddifferent countries with one country also hosting the front end server. I have contacts that have email addresses belonging to other sytems e.g yahoo.com hotmail.com etc. On to my Challenge: I have setup forwarding for a number of accounts to their contacts (one of them is my CEO). What happens is that if anyone who's mailbox is not hosted on the same server as his mailbox, sends him email, more than on...

Hello How to add an additional email domain and make it default for Exchange 2007? Thanks! Look up: New-RecipientDomain Get-EMailAddressPolicy New-EMailAddressPolicy Set-EMailAddressPolicy -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Ronald" <2omikk@gmail.com> wrote in message news:uOf%23x$$nKHA.5520@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello > > How to add an additional email domain and make it default for Exchange > 2007? > > Thanks! > We have a dedicated group for SBS...

set up email 09-01-10
my msn email stoped working..tried to re-set up..keeps saying POP3 cannot be found...got to tools...accounts..etc..won't let me set up.any thoughts..mike Make sure your settings agree with this: http://mailcall.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!CC9301187A51FE33!49799.entry Use port 587 rather than port 25 for the SMTP server. Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ------------------------------------------------------ "mik" wrote in message = news:E5446DB5-CE7B-45D6-B3B5-E6DAC9D25547@microsoft.com... my msn email stoped working..tried to re-set up..keeps saying POP3 = ...

workplace default pane default tab
Hi, Strange as it may seem, some users cannot find "Default tab" and "Default pane" to customize in the General tab of the Workplace (either in Client or Web Access). Even those who already used it, do no find it anymore. How can this be achieved (customization / programming)? Thanks a lot. ...

How do I name the column headings ie. Address
I would like to create a database of names and addresses. I'm unable to find out how to label the column headings ie. Name, Address, Town etc. You can't directly, but you could put headings in Row 1 and turn off Excel's column Headings, Tools>Options>View, Row and Column headers. -- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "Lyric35" <Lyric35@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:443AD86B-E599-4FFF-B733-A432EDC44959@microsoft.com... >I would like to create a database of names and addresses. I...

Form defaults
Hi, I have a button on a form that disables and rearranges controls. I think I went into design view it it pressed and that control arrangement became the default. I cannot change it back though. I tried clicking the button twice and everything goes back to how it should be in form view. Then when I go to design mode everything goes to the wrong defaults. I hope that makes sense. Thanks for your help. ...

Cannot Block Outgoing Email
We have a single MS Exchange Server 2003. I have setup two SMTP virtual servers, one for port 25 and one for another port that for our outside MX service. Both are enabled for sender, recipient, and connection filtering. I began by taking a particular hotmail address and adding it to recipent filtering. After not successfully blocking the email address, I ultimately used *@hotmail.com. I still cannot block email addresses from being sent. What am I missing? Thanks in advance, Mark Napa, CA - Sender Filtering is for **inbound mail from** particular senders/domains - Recipient Fi...

Account Loses Retirement Status
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0024_01C4DA80.0B725D90 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am using MS$2004 Deluxe. I previously posted an issue about my = retirement accounts not being seen in the Lifetime Planner or the 401k = manager. I seem to have stumbled into some additional information = regarding this, but it still does not clear up the issue for me. If I = now create a new retirement account, it will show up in the Lifetime = Planner. However, if I update the account to be in my Wa...

Email is never received
I have a user who is trying to receive a 10MB email from a university. She states that she didn't receive it and it didn't bounce back to the sender. I checked her mail limits and she can send and receive up to 20MB. As a test, I sent her a 13MB file from my Yahoo account and it hasn't arrived either and I haven't seen the email bounce back. I have Exchange 2003. Could the emails still be floating around on the Internet or is my server deleting them without delivering them? Thanks, John On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 16:32:45 -0400, "John" <bsmith@a...

Outlook xp pro will not archive email.
I can no longer archive email. It says it is archiving but no messages are moved. Check the Last Modified date on the items that aren't being archived as you think they should. That's the date Outlook uses to determine whether or not an item is ready to be AutoArchived, and a simple action such as moving the item to another folder can change the Last Modified date. More information and a list of actions that change the Last Modified date can be found here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;295657 -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-m...

RE: offline defrag -- internet email content lost
we ran into an issue with exchange 2000 in which we reached the 16GB mailsto re limit where we had to run an off-line defrag using the eseutil utility ; when i ran the ESEUTIL I used the /i switch (do not defragment streaming fil e) ; I decided to do this because of time considerations ; after the defrag, I replaced the old EDB and STM with the new EBD and STM ; after running the defrag it seems that we are missing the content from a lot of messages rece ived from the internet (all we see is the header information) ; I read that this information is stored in the STM (streaming database) file...

help with entering data into Investment Accounts
Hello, I'm quite confused on how I should enter data into my Investment Account (a mutual fund account). Suppose I start from the beginning: I put $5000 into the account and buy some FundA and FundB. What kind of transaction are these, are they "buy" or "add shares"? Secondly, if I later transfer/switch from one fund to the other, are they "sell... buy" or "remove shares... add shares". (There isn't a "switch" transaction type). Finally, if I sell some funds and transfer the money out of the fund account, how do I do this? Use t...

Default Catagory
Is ther a way in Outlook 2002 and 2003 to set a default catagory to all new Calendar items when they are created i.e. "Work" and then add any others you require? Also can you add a catogory to all the existing items in the calendar again "Work" in one go without destorying any existing catogories? Thanks Shane ...

Change default outlook calendar
I just went from outlook 2002 to outlook 2003 pro. I now have a default calendar that I would like to delete because of all of its errors (duplicates, etc.) and replace it with a clean copy of an alternative calendar. How? David <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just went from outlook 2002 to outlook 2003 pro. > > I now have a default calendar that I would like to delete > because of all of its errors (duplicates, etc.) and > replace it with a clean copy of an alternative calendar. > How? Create a new PST and set it to be your default delivery locat...

Shortcut for mail accounts
Using OL 2002 SP2 on XP Pro SP1 Hi all, Is it possible to create a shortcut for the individual mail accounts that I use that will show up as icons under My Shortcuts on the left side of the UL window pane? I was looking for something along the line of what appears there with the Hotmail account that I now have. The icon will show how many emails in the account as it does in the Hotmail one. I'm trying to do this so I can monitor an account that I have at my ISP that filters spam out to a separate account. What I have to do now is open that account separately to check the volume of ju...

Stuck Email #3
I'm running Outlook 2003 and I'm getting this error message when checking emails. Task '(Server Name) - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: +OK 641 octets follow.' I've been told by my ISP that it's a stuck email, a conflict between my email client and anti virus software. (Have just upgraded to Symantec SystemWorks 2004) If I log onto mailbox via web I can isolate the email to...

Change default font and size for comments?
Does anyone know how to do the above? Many thanks Anita Hi Anita! Right-click on the desktop > Properties Appearance tab > Item dropdown, select Tooltip Choose a font Size, click OK You'll see that you can change the font and colour as well. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au To change the default font size (this will also change the settings for tooltips in Excel and other programs): Right-click on the desktop, and choose Properties On the Appearance tab, click Advanced. From the Item dropdown, choose Tooltip Choose a font ...

Public folder e-mail address
E2003 on SBS2003. I just added several public folders with e-mail addresses thus: created them via Outlook, then mail-enabled via System Manager. SMTP addresses only. When I send mail from any Exchange client in the organization to any of them, the message arrives in the public folder correctly as a post. However, when I send from outside, the server denies delivery like this: Reporting-MTA: dns;<FQDN of my server> Received-From-MTA: dns;;<FQDN of sending SMTP server> Arrival-Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 16:18:32 -0700 Final-Recipient: rfc822;<Destination e-mail ad...

envelope symbol on accounts
I am using Microsoft Money 2002 and notice an envelope symbol with a question mark on some of the entries in my checking register. I can't seem to find an explanation on it's meaning, or how to remove it----any help ? Thanks See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q6. "Ed" <dc@pro-ns.net> wrote in message news:19cc01c3fbf9$fba52b00$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I am using Microsoft Money 2002 and notice an envelope > symbol with a question mark on some of the entries in my > checking register. I can't seem to find an explanation on > it's meaning, or how to ...

Footer defaults
I use a consistent protocol for footers on my reports but would like those footers to exist in every file I create. Is there some way to make them the default? -- Joe S. Hi create a new workbook with this footer and save this as a template (*.xlt file) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Joe S." <JoeS@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4D12465C-3586-4F79-A000-19AB582C456C@microsoft.com... > I use a consistent protocol for footers on my reports but would like those > footers to exist in every file I create. Is there some way to make them th...

Reducing The Account Format
Is there a tool that allows you to reduce the number of segments you have allocated to you COA in a company and consolidate the accounts? I have a client that has 5 segments and wants to reduce it down to 3. They have posted transactions. Will PST or the product from Corporate Renaissance do this? I know they can increase it... How would you reduce it? Would you be removing separators or remoing two segments? For example: AA-BB-CC-DD-EE to AABB-CCDD-EE or AA-BB-CC- DD-EE to AA-BB-CC? >-----Original Message----- >Is there a tool that allows you to reduce the number of segment...

Print an email attachment
If I have an email with a pdf attachment, is it possible to print the email and attachment together without first opening the .pdf file? If not are there 3rd parties available to do this? I'm using Outlook 2007. Thanks The PDF must be opened separately in order to print it. "JDR - Hotmail" <jdrut10@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:89C441C4-E128-4C00-B06F-69A9FF69D859@microsoft.com... > If I have an email with a pdf attachment, is it possible to print the > email and attachment together without first opening the .pdf file? If not > are there 3rd parti...

Fast Way of copying and paste to the same account
Is there a faster way of copying and pasting within the same account rather than using the Copy To Account... context menu option? It would have been nice if one could use Ctrl C and Ctrl V... Oh well... ...