Dear Microsoft....stop trying to protect me from myself

I bought the new Outlook 2003 and just discover I can't
receive .exe files. WHAT THE ????

Microsoft, I bought you upgrade but now you are trying to
protect me from myself. I always send .exe files to and
from work. Now, thanks to some genius in your programming
staff, I can't do this because I can't turn off the
security 'upgrade' that prevents opening .exe files. Stop
trying to 'Help' users by not allowing them to turn off
security features manually. If I want receive .exe files,
I should be able to. Stop telling me I can't.
0
sweber (1)

"scottweber" <sweber@lactac.org> wrote in message
> I bought the new Outlook 2003 and just discover I can't
> receive .exe files. WHAT THE ????
>
> Microsoft, I bought you upgrade but now you are trying to
> protect me from myself. I always send .exe files to and
> from work. Now, thanks to some genius in your programming
> staff, I can't do this because I can't turn off the
> security 'upgrade' that prevents opening .exe files. Stop
> trying to 'Help' users by not allowing them to turn off
> security features manually. If I want receive .exe files,
> I should be able to. Stop telling me I can't.

Try this add-on:
http://www.slovaktech.com/attachmentoptions.htm

0
me9 (928)
1/20/2004 7:10:50 PM
I wholeheartedly agree that MS should stop trying to protect me from me.

Zip up the exe, email the zip file, then detach and unzip it on the
receiving end.

"scottweber" <sweber@lactac.org> wrote in message
> I bought the new Outlook 2003 and just discover I can't
> receive .exe files. WHAT THE ????
>
> Microsoft, I bought you upgrade but now you are trying to
> protect me from myself. I always send .exe files to and
> from work. Now, thanks to some genius in your programming
> staff, I can't do this because I can't turn off the
> security 'upgrade' that prevents opening .exe files. Stop
> trying to 'Help' users by not allowing them to turn off
> security features manually. If I want receive .exe files,
> I should be able to. Stop telling me I can't.

I have the same thoughts about this.
but I searched MS.com and found you can hack the reg to
allow the type of email you want to allow. its been a
while so I dont have the link but do a search and you
should find it

0
anonymous (74719)

Oh Dear. Brain Dead and stupid!
Hi Guy's. I was very tired and not thinking too well. I managed to delete the Bluesoleil from my task bar in Outlook 2000, don't ask me why but I did! I used to have on the task bar a synchronise, pull and other tabs which I never used and deselected them from the tools options menu. Stupidly I opened the commands and deleted the bluesoleil tool bar. Now of course Outlook launches until the end of loading the task bars and then reports that it found a problem and needs to close. Is there a way to put it right without having to reinstall it? is this part of Outlook or Window...

Add-ons for Microsoft CRM 3.0
Hello CRM Gurus! We have created a website with an overview of almost all Microsoft CRM Add-ons. You can find it on http://www.pimpmycrm.com We hope that we help the Microsoft CRM community with this overview. It is helpfull for us, maybe it helps you as well. We actually don't think that we have found all available add-ons. So if you have an add-on not listed on the site, feel free to give comments. We will add it to the site. Other comments on the site are also very welcome. We have add-ons listed from the following companies: @Work; appStrategy ;Axias ;Axonom ;C360 ;CardScan ;Cova...

Final Reminder
Microsoft Office Evolves Community as Part of Office 2010 Launch: As you know, this is a big year for Microsoft as we are launching the latest version of Office. Office 2010 is all about making it easy for you to get and use Office on your terms. Office 2010 lets you work from the office, from home, or at school across the PC, the Phone, and the Browser. You can purchase Office 2010 from retail, from our OEM manufactures when you purchase a new PC, or get it direct from Microsoft, faster than ever via a new software delivery mechanism called Click-To-Run. And, we're work...

Microsoft CRM bulk product import
we recently installed microsoft crm 1.2 and can't seem to find how to bluk import products. is there away to import products from a file to crm? cheers Gayan You can use dts (accesible from enterprise manager of MS SQL) to create a package to do data import. This works for every data, not only products. I have to admit that it takes a little bit of time to get to know that tool, but it works perfectly Good luck Ronald Lemme Accenture This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_03B2_01C425F5.0D6BCB80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Conten...

Location of Microsoft Access 2003 Custom designed Toolbar file
Where is the Microsoft Access Custom Toolbar (the one I have created icons on) located on the hard drive? What is the actual file name Thanks! There is no particular file. If you create a custom menu/tool bar, then that is contained with the database... The options to complete hide and keep people out of the ms-access interface can easily be done using the tools->start-up options. Using those options allows you to complete hide the ms-access interface (tool bars, database window etc). Also, using these options means you do not have to bother setting up security. Try downloading ...

How do I stop all cells from being selected in excel?
When I click on a cell to add information, all cells are selected. I then can't use the worksheet at all. The mouse will not even let me select any items from the toolbar. I have to completely shut down the program and try to start over. All the cells???? This might not be the solution, but it can't hurt... Look at the statusbar (at the bottom of the worksheet window). Do you see the abbreviation EXT in the embossed boxes to the right. If you do, hit the F8 key to toggle this off. (EXT means to extend the range.) If that doesn't help. Try gently banging on your mouse-...

Prove these security pack which comes from Microsoft
--vtjnxcngudalziz Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="viamvwfbfcgnn"; type="multipart/alternative" --viamvwfbfcgnn Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="hxgxomeylxzay" --hxgxomeylxzay Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install...

Microsoft Money Deluxe
Hey all. I have a few questions for the group. 1. With Microsoft Money Deluxe, do you find that you need to upgrade it (purchase thier new version) every 2 years or so so that you do not lose certain online features? 2. Are you able to convert data from Quicken 2003 Deluxe to Microsoft Money? 3. Are you able to download mutual fund / stock portfolio performance on a daily basis? Thanks. Dave In microsoft.public.money, David S. wrote: >Hey all. I have a few questions for the group. > >1. With Microsoft Money Deluxe, do you find that you need to upgrade it >(purchase ...

Microsoft Mail for PC Networks
Don't Laugh! I am looking for a copy of where I could get a copy of Microsoft Mail for PC Networks 3.5 to setup a LAB Migration to Exchange. I have tried our Micorsoft Representative but they can't help, any ideas where I could get a copy? Thanks John "JohnJ" <JohnJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am looking for a copy of where I could get a copy of Microsoft Mail for PC >Networks 3.5 to setup a LAB Migration to Exchange. > >I have tried our Micorsoft Representative but they can't help, any ideas >where I could get a copy? Ebay, maybe...

Duplicate Record Name when trying to modify Role Privileges
Hi, I'm trying to modify an existing Role to allow users to Create Accounts within their own Business Unit. When I try to Save and close the Role screen I get a window saying "Saving Role ... please wait" and then an error window "Duplicate Record Name The name for this record conflicts with an exsting record name. You must use a unique name" Any ideas? Richie I sorted this out, I was trying to modify the role in a child BU, once I made the modification in the parent BU it was fine. "Datapac" wrote: > Hi, > > I'm trying to modify an exi...

Watch these pack from the Microsoft
--mbiqsduxaxffa Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="fpjmpqyauuvqcq"; type="multipart/alternative" --fpjmpqyauuvqcq Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="wsvawgoeg" --wsvawgoeg Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to continue keepin...

This Transaction Can Not Be Entered
I had a bunch of investment accounts as well as my checking and credit card accounts in Money. I wasn't satisfied with the information I could get from the reports so I made a copy of the Money file, opened it, closed all of the investment accounts and wanted to use it just for Checks and Credit Cards. Everytime I try to enter a transaction, whether manual or from the "Bills" feature I get the message that the transaction can not be entered. Is this because I made a copy? Thanks for the help -- Jerry In microsoft.public.money, Jerry <jyeagley3@comcast.net(donotspam)>...

Nationwide Bank ditched Microsoft mnoey
Nationwide has ditched microsoft money as they say microsoft has abandoned Money as the last full release was 2005. This means yoy can no longer automatically download transaction details for all accounts direct into Money. They are not switching to any other software package to help their customers. Has Microsoft totally abandoned Money as i understand Their is no Windows 7 version? In microsoft.public.money, ottocold wrote: >Nationwide has ditched microsoft money as they say microsoft has abandoned >Money as the last full release was 2005. This means yoy can no longer >auto...

download stops at 99%
What would cause a download to stop at 99%. I've read a virus program could cause it is there anything else. Hi, 1. A full or corrupted Temporary Internet Files folder. Try clearing the Temporary Internet Files and set the size to less than 100 MB. 2. A third-party program- antivirus, security suite, download manager, firewall. etc. - Hope this helps, Don [MS MVP- IE] "Walter Goldschmidt" <wgold@woh.rr.com> wrote in message news:hhs2th$4le$1@news.eternal-september.org... > What would cause a download to stop at 99%. I've read a virus program...

error when trying to view folder list
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0057_01C3BAB9.58C49460 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Outlook 2002. I can view the Outlook Bar but when I try to view the = Folder List it just pops up with an error and I have to restart Outlook. = Error:=20 Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are = sorry for the inconvenience. I've tried everything short of uninstalling Outlook. I've deleted the = ost file. Anyone have any ideas? =20 ------=_NextPart_000_0057_...

dear
you are all hero !!! you see clike here www.familyutility.blogspot.com see soon ...

Quicken Primier to Microsoft Money
I have started to have problems with Quicken Primier 2006 and am contemplating the swicth to Money. Has anyone made the switch from Quicken to Money and regretted the move? Thanks in advance What kind of problems? Did you contact tech-support? "Nathan" <Nathan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2F236EE2-BAC8-4F66-A270-D146F618A297@microsoft.com... >I have started to have problems with Quicken Primier 2006 and am > contemplating the swicth to Money. Has anyone made the switch from > Quicken > to Money and regretted the move? > > Thanks i...

problems installing outlook client: The Microsoft CRM Data File, M
Problem trying to install Microsoft CRM 3 Outlook desktop client on a PC running windows XP service Pack 2 and Outlook 2003 service Pack 2 connected to exchange. Originally downloaded ISO installation file from Microsoft downloads, and burnt CD. Installation failed, it seems the installation CD was corrupt. We then found our original installation CD, which when we installed it, it came up with two messages: - Microsoft Outlook was not initialized. Please run Outlook and configure your mail account. ---- Outlook is installed and running, there's no problem with this so I do not unde...

Re: protecting worksheet corrupts file
I have tried several different methods including: ActiveWorkbook.Protect "Password" Dim objSheet As Worksheet For Each objSheet In Worksheets If objSheet.ProtectContents = False Then objSheet.Protect "a@#&ladfl&^" Next objSheet or With ActiveSheet .EnableSelection = xlUnlockedCells .Protect Contents:=True, Password:="Password" End With or ActiveSheet.Protect UserInterfaceOnly:=True, Password:="Password" even just ActiveSheet.Protect Password:="Password" Nothing works, I have macros that need to have ...

How to stop calc using un-rounded data
Hi everyone, I've used the percentage increase answer provided by GE Gimpsey to calculate increase in fees for this year. Only problem was that the cells are all formatted to 2 decimal places but calc'ed on full figure so that once rounded soem of the figures were incorrect if you worked out the %age increase the old fashioned way by calculator (not old enough - or clever enough - for the old fashioned way to be in my head) What can I do to make sure that the calculation is carried out to 2 dec places without altering the orig data. TIA -- Thank you Annie Apologies to JE McG...

password protected to sub form
i have a form which don't want to be used by everyone.it should be protected with a password. i have Main form which calls many sub forms, one of the sub forms need to be protected with password. Below are the forms created in my database frmForm frmMain1 frmPassword frmForm has a command button(cmdDo) which calls Form(frmPassword). in frmPassword there is text box(PASSWORD),when i type password as A to my text box this should open my frmMain1 ...

Microsoft Error Reporting Window on Quitting Word
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Since upgrading to Snow Leopard about half the times that I quit Word I get a Microsoft Error Reporting Window stating that "Microsoft Word has encountered a problem and needs to close." I have not yet been able to determine under what circumstances this does and does not occur. It's an odd message since Word has been working just fine up until I quit. It occurs when quitting from the menu, dock, keyboard, or by shutting down the computer. Thanks for any help you can offer to correct this! On 10/13/0...

keeping footnotes on same page using Microsoft Word 2007
I have lengthen decrease my bottom margin in the footnote and am having difficulty keeping a short line to separate the footnotes. Any suggestions? I find myself adjusting the text by inserting page breaks. Is there a more efficient way to go about this? Please let me know. See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BottomLine.htm for factors involved. See also http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/FootnoteOnDiffPage.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "NOLA" <NOLA@discussions.microsoft.com...

Microsoft Outlook #32
Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The .dll for the information service could not be found. MAPI was unable to load the information service PSTPRX.DLL. See if the information in the following MSKB article helps: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];293058 -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:2e28001c46b35$dc0c5150$a401280a@phx.gbl, Jaime wrote: > Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The .dll for > the inform...

Please Microsoft block him
Larsen the pest I mean Pete (Northolt UK) | Larsen the pest I mean I think Microsoft is gone by now. Most of the newsgroups have already been shut down on the MS server. Have you not seen the notices posted here? The msnews.microsoft.com NNTP server is closing down. Microsoft wants to control the discussion of their products. They've set up [unusable] web forums where people are required to get a LiveID "tracking collar, and Microsoft employees are in charge of directing and deleting the discussion as they see fit. (Some of the groups, like VB programming, are just...