dbx

I have several ".dbx" files from a previous installation
of Outlook Express. I now have Outlook 2000.  It is
impossible to import them.  Is there someway to move these
into a folder or file within Outlook 2000. I really need
to access these folders.
0
anonymous (74722)

Import them into the instance of OE currently on your computer and then
export to Outlook.

> I have several ".dbx" files from a previous installation
> of Outlook Express. I now have Outlook 2000.  It is
> impossible to import them.  Is there someway to move these
> into a folder or file within Outlook 2000. I really need
> to access these folders.

0
me9 (928)

Outlook Express 6.0 dbx files can't be opened
I messed up and deleted my identity on Outlook Express. OLE6 says the dbx files exist, but I see no information on how to access them. I tried rebuilding the original identity, but found OLE6 assigned a new, unique identity code every time one creates an identity anew. Does anyone know how I can "restore"/gain access to my OLE dbx file & folders? Cliff Stubbs This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE...

dbx
I have several ".dbx" files from a previous installation of Outlook Express. I now have Outlook 2000. It is impossible to import them. Is there someway to move these into a folder or file within Outlook 2000. I really need to access these folders. Import them into the instance of OE currently on your computer and then export to Outlook. <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0f3801c3a886$461fa970$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have several ".dbx" files from a previous installation > of Outlook Express. I now have Outlook 2000. It is > i...

pst and dbx files
Hello I was wondering if you could help me. I am still trying to understand something about pst and dbx files. I want to know whether essentially pst files and dbx files are the same. They obviously are not exactly the same, but whether their structure is the same. I have been speaking to different people, and what they tell me is contradictory! Do pst and dbx files work in the same way, such that when you delete an email, you are not actually deleting the email, but you are rather deleting the link that shows where in the file the data is held,has now been deleted. Which is v...

Edited Outbox.dbx file
My OS is Windows XP SP3 I did a bad thing and edited the Outbox.dbx and by edit I mean deleted everything in there. Now I cannot send mail. I get a "The message could not be sent. An error occured." I have renamed it old, so it can rebuild, I have tried to restore my Store folder from a saved version on a jump drive. Nothing seems to work. Anyone have any ideas? Do I have to reinstall Outlook Express? I would rather not if possible. Make sure OE is closed and then go to the message store and delete all Outbox files, old or new. When you open OE, a new Outbo...

Fixing corrupted OE dbx
Hello OE doesn't recognize Inbox.dbx as a valid dbx file and creates new. How to fix OE 6.0 Inbox.dbx file? Is there any free tools? I already found a DBExtract. But it's not the best solution. Some extracted messages loose subject when imported back to valid Inbox and message loose a date, as there is a present date everywhere. Therefore just extracting all messages would be the last effort only after fixing has failed. Any ideas how to fix instead of extraction? Thank you! PS. Googling results are not very reliable as, there are many similar applications under dif...

.DBX
I am using Outlook 2K and need to import OE6 .dbx folders Who can help? The import part of Outlook 2K does not have OE, OE6, or .dbx as a choice ??? Been all over ms web to no avail. open the dbxs in outlook express then open outlook and import from OE. N "RQ" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:202901c3cf19$44d3d050$3101280a@phx.gbl... > I am using Outlook 2K and need to import OE6 .dbx folders > Who can help? > The import part of Outlook 2K does not have OE, OE6, > or .dbx as a choice ??? > Been all over ms web to no avail. ...

dbx in outlook ??
Non riesco a trovare i file dbx in outlook Mentre in outlook express li trovo tranquillanmente come mai? Non ci sono file dbx in outlook? Grazie Winnie Hello winnie, you wrote on 12 Aug 2005 02:30:55 -0700: > Non riesco a trovare i file dbx in outlook > Mentre in outlook express li trovo tranquillanmente > come mai? > Non ci sono file dbx in outlook? > Grazie > Winnie You should write in english! -- Best Regards Christian Goeller Sorry Chris I repeat all in english ... I can't find file .dbx in outlook in Outlook Express I find that? What's up? doesn t ex...

looking for dbx file format specification
hi, I am looking for dbx file format specification I am aware of the specification of Arne Schloh at http://oedbx.aroh.de, but it seems incomplete and unofficial is there something more complete and more official, describing the microsoft outlook 5 or 6 file format thanks, gjuro namely, the real question is how to write a program to read dbx files, preferably from .net (C# or VB.NET), preferably without any special library but with barebone byte reading, directly from file "Gjuro Kladaric" <gjuro@kladaric.net> wrote in message news:uK3Ci8#xK...

Can I import my previous message w/o "Folders.dbx"
Hi, I just knew that importing the previous OE mail message requires the file "Folders.dbx". Because I have lost this file, is there any way to import my previous OE5 message / folders to OE6 without checking the file "Folders.dbx"? Symptom: Whenever I try to import the previous mail message, an "Import Message" says - No message can be found in this folder or another application is running that has the required files open. Please select another folder or try closing applications that may have files open. It doesn't work either do I put the previous f...

outlook .dbx files
I have old .dbx files/folders with as much as 654,000K in them. Are these old emails and if so, how can I access them to see what they contain? ...

.dbx files
Is it possible to save a .dbx file to CD/DVD? At present I use DBXtract.exe to save old emails to a file however a load of surplus, unwanted characters appear when you open the email and any attachments are not shown. If it is possible to save .dbx to CD/DVD can I use my email program (OE6) to open and read them? Many thanks aw56001 Are you running out of disk space? Unless you are, I would just keep them as they are, but backup as a safety net. If you don't need space, but just want to clean up OE, I would suggest creating another identity for the sole purpose of arc...

DBX on mapped drive
Hello, Users in our domain are getting an OE error: 0x800C013B from time to time. I know, I know, sent item corruption and all. I have recreated all dbx's many times already, but it does not fix the problem. We use schema where users maiboxes are stored in servers mapped drive and if I move mailboxes to local machine, OE starts to work fine again. When I move them back, it works until some big attach comes to mailserver and when OE starts to pull that mail, I get the same error again. Outlook Express version 6.0 -- Pawel Rutkowski 1) Outlook Express questions go to: microsoft.p...

mbox to dbx
I am trying to convert my Entourage MAC email files to Outlook dbx or other to be able to import them. thanks, enric try www.tomsterdam.com/insideOE/index.htm or Google: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF8&q=mbox+dbx -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Expert Zone http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups: http://groups.google.com/groups?as_ugroup=microsoft.public.outlook.*&...

How do I import.DBX files?
I backed up my Outlook 2000 folders (.DBX) files. Now with a fresh install of Office, how can I import these folders in to Outlook? "Geary Boulrice" <boulrice@sonalysts.com> wrote in message news:8b9201c432b8$838f14a0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I backed up my Outlook 2000 folders (.DBX) files. Now > with a fresh install of Office, how can I import these > folders in to Outlook? Outlook 2000 does NOT use dbx files. What you had was outlook EXPRESS. To import these files into OUTLOOK, you need first to import them into Outlook EXPRESS and then either export to OUTLOOK o...

.dbx to outlook
Hello have many .dbx files containg old e-mails. how can I get these email into outlook? Erlend Hallstensen Norway ERLEND HALLSTENSEN <post135@start.no> wrote: > have many .dbx files containg old e-mails. > how can I get these email into outlook? Import them into Outlook Express and then export them from there to Outlook. -- Brian Tillman See http://www.insideoe.com for the steps needed to reconnect the dbx to OE. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help wi...

Addind dbx files for Outlook Express ...
I had to redo my wife's laptop, and could not export her OE files (error said could not initialize MAPI ?????), so I copied all her dbx files (inbox.dbx,etc) to our server. When done, I simply copied those files back to the appropriate directory, but not all folders show up, and not all messages in the folder appear. Why can't you simply copy dbx folders around, using the same user name?? I tried to import instead of just copying but not all folders show up as available for import. I guess I wonder how the messages in the dbx folders are encoding or whatever, and why some are not r...

dbx to pst
How do you convert or copy your dbx files to pst files "Michael" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01ad01c3ae08$fbc021b0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How do you convert or copy your dbx files to pst files In OE go to File-Export. You must have Outlook installed on the same machine, AFAIK..... ...

Outlook Express dbx files
Hi, I have just upgraded from ME to XP and don't know how to bring back all my backed up outlook express dbx files to me new outlook express withing windows XP Can anybody help thanks and regards Hi Anthony, here you could get your information. http://shortwork.net/compu/OE-migrate-howto.php -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de ...

dbx files
I am trying to access old emails that I know were saved, exported, compressed or something. They file extension is .dbx and I cannot get windows or outlook to recognize this file type. Any ideas? Thanks!! dbx files can only be used by Outlook Express. To reload a single dbx file (e.g. Inbox.dbx) you would create a new folder in OE named Restore. Close OE and replace Restore.dbx with the file named Inbox.dbx from your backup. "John" <john.bannister@sunflower.com> wrote in message news:052401c359c6$46bd17a0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to access old emails that ...

import .dbx files
I should have added that my Outlook is 2003 version. Pat That is fine. Just follow what Gordon posted -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Pat" <Pat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B88CC5B9-EFCE-4F45-B9B8-BAB7ACCA284F@microsoft.com... >I should have added that my Outlook is 2003 version. Pat wrote: > I should have added that my Outlook is 2003 version. You should have added it to your original thread. You started a NEW and *disc...

How do I open .dbx files saved from my computer in outlook
I have a number of .dbx files I saved on an external hard drive just before my computer died. How do I open them on my new computer. It has Vista and office outlook 2007 You need to use Windows Mail and make the folders available there (import from identity - Outlook Express) , before in WM exporting msgs to Exchange (Outlook) "colinswood" <colinswood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD7FEA1C-813C-4DD0-8C22-860B2AABCE9E@microsoft.com... >I have a number of .dbx files I saved on an external hard drive just before > my computer died. How do ...

Opening .dbx files
How do I import .DBX files into outlook 2000 ? none of the options in the "import" tab seem to work. Thanks for any help. John You'd need to sign up for Yahoo's service that allows POP and forwarding. It isn't free. John wrote: > How do I import .DBX files into outlook 2000 ? none of > the options in the "import" tab seem to work. > Thanks for any help. > > John Oops - sorry, hit reply to the wrong post! You need to run an export from OE to Outlook. Lanwench [MVP - Exchange] wrote: > You'd need to sign up for Yahoo's service th...

.dbx files
For some reason my outlook express just cleaned up files and place them in .dbx format. I would like to restore them because i didn't ask for them to be cleaned up. Can anybody help me to get my mail back either into outlook XP or outlook express? Tammie wrote: > For some reason my outlook express just cleaned up files > and place them in .dbx format. I would like to restore > them because i didn't ask for them to be cleaned up. Can > anybody help me to get my mail back either into outlook > XP or outlook express? *.mbx is used bu Outlook Express 5 ->, s� this ...

.dbx to .pst
I upgraded my system and now have Outlook 2007. Before upgrading (I actually did a clean install), I saved all my old emails from Outlook Express (inbox, sent, etc) as .dbx files by exporting them and saving into a folder. I now want to import those into Outlook 2007 and can't figure it out. If I had Outlook Express still installed, then it wouldn't be an issue (just use the import/export function and go through the steps). After lots of online research, I can't seem to figure this out and really need some help. One place said it would work to put those .dbx files on your desk...

OE DBX files
I received some DBX files that I need to get into Outlook 2000. How can I convert these DBX files so I can get them into Outlook 2000? Thank you in advance. Open them in Outlook Express and then use Outlook to import them. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Judd asked: | I received some DBX files that I need to get into Outlook | 2000. How can I conv...