Dates in Custom Fields

Hi,

I have an end user who has created some custom date fields in a contact
form.

This is all good.  However,  if the user types in Jan 07 as a date it always
saves as Jan 08.  If she enters Jan 2007 then all is good.

I know this is the end user being a little lazy but is there a way to change
the way dates are saved to suit my end user?

Thanks,
Joe

0
Joe (497)

outlook (like excel) reads jan 07 as  1/7 current year.  I know of no way to
change the behavior in outlook.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Joe" <joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have an end user who has created some custom date fields in a contact
> form.
>
> This is all good.  However,  if the user types in Jan 07 as a date it
> always saves as Jan 08.  If she enters Jan 2007 then all is good.
>
> I know this is the end user being a little lazy but is there a way to
> change the way dates are saved to suit my end user?
>
> Thanks,
> Joe

0
outlookmvp (5838)
1/18/2008 1:47:01 AM
"Diane Poremsky" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote in message
> outlook (like excel) reads jan 07 as  1/7 current year.  I know of no way
> to change the behavior in outlook.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> "Joe" <joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have an end user who has created some custom date fields in a contact
>> form.
>>
>> This is all good.  However,  if the user types in Jan 07 as a date it
>> always saves as Jan 08.  If she enters Jan 2007 then all is good.
>>
>> I know this is the end user being a little lazy but is there a way to
>> change the way dates are saved to suit my end user?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Joe

Cool.  Thanks,
Joe

0
Joe (497)

filter by date and action

Transaction Date VS Business Date

Numbering custom table of contents (TOC)
I've created a custom table of contents (TOC) by entering my own TC field codes. This shows correctly, but how do I automatically add chapter numbers to my TOC entries, (eg. 1, 2, 3..., etc) so that they will automatically resequence, if I add new chapters, or re-order them. eg. 1. Chapter on Flowers 2. Chapter on Trees 3. Chapter on Grasses At the moment, I have to add the chapter number to the custom TC field, but I've already had to renumber them all manually. I'm not using Outline TOC numbering derived from Heading styles, because my TOC entries actually di...

Enable fields based on drop down choice
Background: we give evaluations on a number of positions, each has 2 stages. Those evaluations cover 28 different areas, but the areas tested vary by position and stage. In my data-entry form, there is a combo-box for position, a combo-box for stage, and a text box (for a 1-5) rating for each area. What I want to do is disable the fields for areas that are unnecessary when the user selects the position and stage (in 2 separate fields). ...

Post Dated Checks

Calculated Fields 04-18-07
We're helping someone with a relatively basic requirement for CRM, but they've thrown two awkward ones into the mix. The first of which is a desire to use some custom fields on an entity which are then automatically totalled. e.g. when they do a quote each item on the quote (free entry) has a custom field for the cost to the organisation of providing the service. On the main quote screen/report they need these to be totalled, in the same way that the built-in sell-price fields are. Is this possible without reaching for Visual Studio? I've had a look through a pile of...

strange date format problem

How to sort by name then date?

if statement with dates #2

Counting Dates?

An expression for dates from and to

Price per Unit in Opportunity Products field??
In CRM, when entering products for a given opportunity, is there a way to make the Price Per Unit field a user input field instead of getting it from a price list? When you create an opportunity you have to select a price list. When you add products, you have to select the product from a price list and it populates the Price Per Unit field on the Opportunity Product form. I need to have this field be a user input or overridden field. I know you can do this at the opportunity level � overwrite the price. I need to do this at the Opportunity Product level and still have it rolled up / c...

Refering to fields on master from from subform
I have a text box on a subform, that I am using an IIf statement in, so that if the field ([IUSA]) on the parent form Is Null, returns "No data for this record", else returns "IUSA Data" as a caption. The code: =IIf([Form].[ProspectForm].[IUSA] Is Null,"RefUSA record not connected","RefUSA Data") Am I referring to the field on the parent form (ProspectForm) incorrectly, because it isn't working? It returns #Name? thanks in advance! magmike Where you have form, it should be forms: =IIf([Forms].[ProspectForm].[IUSA] Is Null,"RefUSA record no...

Customize NDR's #2
I'm just full of Q's today ;-) Anyone know how to fix the NDR readability issue. What I'm talking about is that Microsoft Entourage, Hotmail, Gmail, yahoo, eudora, etc do not show anything in the NDR that it receives from Exchange, just the code (example: #5.2.3). Outlook, OWA, and outlook express somehow read the same NDR's and give the reason behind that code number. In fact, when I use Outlook to POP the messages off the exchange server, it shows the reason too. Anyone know how to fix this? Anyone sending us a message with a mistyped user or to someone who's mail...

Link purchase to customer invoice item for item profitability
At our service company we oursource certain services to other service vendors. The service gets billed to our customer at an agreed upon rate. We then get billed by and must pay back the vendor. We have just implemented GP 10 and did not take our needs into account for this so I am open if the solution requires configuring another module such as POs. Here is the problem: We bill the customer in SOP for the service before we received the vendor invoice. We don't know exactly what the vendor invoice amount will be at the time we invoice our customer. Sales reports need to show the prof...

show all fields in the Outlook 2007 task form
I see that a contact has "Show All Fields". Where is this option for tasks? I'd like to see some of these things in the task form, not just the table view. It's in the same place, only the standard task form hides that page. You'd need to design a custom task form that has that page visible. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54 "jay.meerdink@gmail.com" wrote: > I see that a contact has "Show All Fields"....

Returning only MAX(date) not all dates
I want to be able to list the most current date an item is checked out. As I was working through the query I used max as an aggregate function but I still can't get the simple result I want. I'd rather list the fields I have chosen and somehow select just the most current checkout date. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here is my query: SELECT tblTerritory.TerritoryID, [TerritoryName] & " " & [TerritoryDescription] AS Description, tblTerritory.TerritoryTypeID, tblTerritoryType.TerritoryType, Max(tblTerritoryCheckout.DateCheckedOut) AS Checked...

System Date
Can anyone help me on how to force the system date to a member field of "Date" type? I could not find any help on msdn that comes with visual c++. Any hint or help will be appreciated. Thanks, Behrouzk Are you just trying to get the current date. You can use CTime::GetCurrentTime() or COleDateTime::GetCurrentTime() Tom "Behrouzk" <Behrouzk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D8FA4B6B-73CE-4058-B50C-C9BEBAB67E68@microsoft.com... > Can anyone help me on how to force the system date to a member field of > "Date" type? I could not fi...

Conditional Formatting
Hi, I have a spreadsheet that is for tracking work. I would like to have conditional formatting so that if the date in column E is between todays date and 4 weeks away then make it blue, if it is a date that is after 4 weeks away then make it yellow but if it is in the past make it red. Can this be done with conditional formatting or does it need vba? Also it would be nice if the whole row changes colour even if just the condition is on the date which is in column E - but if that can't be done then just the cell is fine. Thanks Assume the dates start in E2, select all dates w...

Time and date problem
Hello I have spreadsheet cell (B1) that contains a date and time: 05/11/2003 13:45:50 I have another series of cells (A1 to A100) that contain an increment of 30 seconds: 30.00 I would like to add the seconds to the date and time putting the result in column C, I have tried to do: =B1+(A1/100000) but the answer is wrong by 4 seconds and then gets worse the further down the column I go. Can somebody show me how to add the seconds to the date please. Thanks Tom Tom, Right method, wrong divider! 86,400 secs in a day.. change your 100000 to 86400 and you're there. Nikos Y. (nyannaco ...

CRM customization 10-03-05
I need to be able to have a "company" field listed in the contact view. I have added the "Company" field to the schema, published the addition and run iireset. I have cutomized the contact form by removing "Salutation" and adding the new "Company" field but when I try to create a new contact, the "Salutation" field still shows and the "Company" field is not there. What am I dion wrong? Go reset IIS again. "brellim" wrote: > I need to be able to have a "company" field listed in the contact view. > I ...