data file not closed properly ALL THE TIME!

My outlook data file is not closing properly almost every time i exit
outlook.  It doesn't matter if I hit the X close buttun, or exit from
the file menu.  Everytime i start it up again, it has to check for
errors which takes up to 10 min!

any ideas?

thanks

0
IAmChoop (8)

In news:1135127304.926932.250900@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com,
Christopher Kennedy <IAmChoop@gmail.com> typed:
> My outlook data file is not closing properly almost every time i exit
> outlook.  It doesn't matter if I hit the X close buttun, or exit from
> the file menu.  Everytime i start it up again, it has to check for
> errors which takes up to 10 min!
>
> any ideas?
>
> thanks

Where is your PST file located?
What version of Outlook? What SP on same?

0
lanwench (7567)
12/21/2005 4:16:47 AM
Also, check to see what you might be running that would hold Outlook open.
Add Ins, COMs, synch software for a Palm, etc.
--
Kathleen Orland
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:

> In news:1135127304.926932.250900@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com,
> Christopher Kennedy <IAmChoop@gmail.com> typed:
> > My outlook data file is not closing properly almost every time i exit
> > outlook.  It doesn't matter if I hit the X close buttun, or exit from
> > the file menu.  Everytime i start it up again, it has to check for
> > errors which takes up to 10 min!
> >
> > any ideas?
> >
> > thanks
>
> Where is your PST file located?
> What version of Outlook? What SP on same?

0
KOrland1 (1012)

horizontal data to vertical data

Excel 2007
When files are already open by another user, we have found that only users with Administrator permissions on their computers are able to open files read-only. If the user only has basic user permissions they receive a message stating the file could not be found. This was not a problem with Office 2000 (which we recently upgraded from). Any ideas? Thanks, Chris ...

Count how many times conditional formatted cells are positive
Once you have applied conditional formatting, is it possible to count the number of cells that turn the different colours? Counting by colors requires code (a UDF). However, the simple workaround is to count by the same condition that triggers the color. If, for example, your condition is a positive number, then use: =countif(range,">0") Regards, Fred "Caroline Keen" <Caroline Keen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:735CAC6E-3664-4CAF-A702-F28E165AC7A0@microsoft.com... > Once you have applied conditional formatting, is it possib...

export public folder data?

storing read only data

Returns entered from previous closed shift
When doing a close, how do you work off any returns entered from sales of previous closed shift? Since these returns are not from the current shift and it would not square off with current cashier shift at closing. On Sep 30, 7:04=A0am, RicoTowers <RicoTow...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When doing a close, how do you work off any returns entered from sales of > previous closed shift? =A0Since these returns are not from the current sh= ift > and it would not square off with current cashier shift at closing. Not sure what you are asking. All that matters from the sh...

How to organize data?

importing an .ost file to OL2007
Hi, I was using Outlook 2003 at my previous employer on a MS Exchange server. Before I left I backed up my .ost file and .pst files. I am running Outlook 2007 at home and am trying to work out how to open the ..ost folder. It appears to only be looking for .pst files. Can anyone help please? You cannot Maybe find a third party who will convert for you "Tim123" <Tim123@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D9F4666-0CA7-4C08-9FE2-5892B0CB5E11@microsoft.com... > Hi, I was using Outlook 2003 at my previous employer on a MS Exchange > server. > Before I ...

SFO Client Record Times Change on Sync to CRM Server
When I am on a client site, I open up an account record on SFO Client and enter in all of the details of what is occurring while I'm on site. Sometimes this information is important according to the time it was completed. I rely quite heavily on the time stamp made by the SFO client. When I come back to the office and then resync, the time changes (thus disregarding my important information). I don't understand why this would be by design. Please add this to a service pack or a patch. This feature is very important for me and clients I am considering this for. ------------...

file names in excel
When I try to name a file all I get saved is the first letter of the title I have entered. What is set wrong? Doesn't sound right. Show us the code that you use. -- HTH Bob Phillips "TonyB" <TonyB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4BCC8463-39BE-40D2-84C4-44311DEE14FA@microsoft.com... > When I try to name a file all I get saved is the first letter of the title I > have entered. > > What is set wrong? WinXP? Check to see if Excel is running in Windows 95 compatibility mode. There was a post that said: When I disabled compatibility mode...

Selecting specific data #2
Hi everyone I have another little problem. I have got a list of 20 items on sheet1, Cells A1 - A20 (numbered 1 - 20) and Cells B1 - B20 are items relating to that number, ie, number 1 = Concrete, number 2 = walls, and so on. Now on sheet 2 I have a table, again cell range A1:B20. I would like to know a formula so that when I enter a number in to column A, the corresponding item to that number appears in column B. ie, if I enter number 8 in Cell A1 on sheet 2, then I would like Floor to appear in Cell B1. Does this make sense? -- Thanks in advance for your help Lee Hi Lee Data range i...

Unable to open Excel file #4
Error message: File cannot be accessed. The file may be read-only, or you may be trying to access a read-only location. Or, the server the document is stored on may not be responding. The file was not saved as read-only and the file is on a diskette. Sounds like a bad disk. Copy the disk to the hard drive somewhere an try to open there. -- kkkni ----------------------------------------------------------------------- kkknie's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=754 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26520 Vic Cop...

Saving sheet to text file
Hi, Can someone please help me with a date formatting problem. When I save a sheet to a TXT file manually (using the SaveAs option, etc.), I have no problems and the dates remain as they are shown on the sheet as d/m/yy (eg 15/9/05), but when I use the following macro, the dates on that sheet are saved to the text file as month/day/year (eg 9/15/05) Sub ExportToMYOB() ActiveWorkbook.Save Sheet2.SaveAs Filename:="C:\Premier9\Data files\ExportToMYOB.txt", _ FileFormat:=xlText, CreateBackup:=False ActiveWindow.Close End Sub Why is it so? Rob How did you ve...

What was your data migration experience for MS CRM 3.0?
Has anyone used DMF 3.0 to migrate data into CRM using its wizards or stored proceedures? What happened and how did you do it? Andy It's a bit unwieldy, but if you follow the documentation closely and do thorough tests it is a helpful tool. You should be prepared to do some extensive data cleansing and search the newsgroups when you hit a roadblock. -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Andy" wrote: > Has anyone used DMF 3.0 to migrate data into CRM using its wizards or > stored proceedures? > > What happened and how did you do it? >...

Last Column With Data
How do I check a certain row to find out the last column in the row that has data? Dim myRow as long dim LastCol as long myrow = 1243 with worksheets("SomeSheetnamehere") lastcol = .cells(myrow,.columns.count).end(xltoleft).column end with msgbox LastCol This will break if you've used the last column in that row -- or if you haven't used any cells in that row. Is that a problem? Bishop wrote: > > How do I check a certain row to find out the last column in the row that has > data? -- Dave Peterson This gives a interger...

2003 files not looking right in 2007
I opened a brochure in 2007 I just completed last week using 2003. Whew, it was a mess. Spacing wrong etc. I went to another computer and using 2003 opened it and it was fine. Why is this? I have to almost redo the whole brochure if I am going to use it in 2007. Am I missing something. Thanks Different printer? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Pam" <Pam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C260E80A-0B9E-4965-AFFB-8DB24DF05B32@microsoft.com... >I opened a brochure in 200...

.NET & XSLT: Unwanted namespace in resulting file after using extension objects
Hello, after using extension objects in the stylesheets there's an additional namespace entry in the resulting file. How can I prevent that? See: ..NET/C#: XslCompiledTransform xslt = new XslCompiledTransform(); .... XsltArgumentList xsltArgs = new XsltArgumentList(); xsltArgs.AddExtensionObject("ibd:DanTe", this); .... xslt.Transform( _source, xsltArgs, target ); XSLT: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/ Transform" xmlns:ibd="ibd:DanTe"> &l...

data file: how to start its application

merging data
I have a master file and 4 workbooks where individuals enter info daily. I need to update the master file workbook at the end of the day with the info from the 4 individual notebooks. How would I merge this data? I tried the "shared workbooks" process but it wouldn't let me do it. Please Help! Since your question is very "general", here's a "general" suggestion: Explore the use of links. Have all WBs open. Right click in a pertinent data cell of one of the 4 WBs, and choose "Copy". Navigate to the appropriate cell in the "Master&quo...

Scanning website files on the fly
Hi folks, One of my websites got infected with a virus and was blocked by Google. I stumbled across this page and it really helped me getting the problem solved very quickly without having to reupload my website from my computer. I can't paste the whole method here because it's explained in pictures. Check out: http://www.orioncities.com/scanning-website-files-for-malware-and-viruses I hope this will help someone. Their are many well known and known to be good sites, that will help others with malware and virus infection, I wouldn't click on any link inclu...

Vertical Data Extraction
Hi, I need to create a chart that is based on changing values. The Values are all stored vertically in a Worksheet called Percentage. The chart sheet contains a selection box where the user can select a specific search and a date and the selected conditions should be searched for and the chart should display results. Basically, when the user selects X in the first list box and Y in the second one, the code should search the Percentage worksheet for all instances of value=x and y and output. column Row Feature1 Feature2 Feature3 2000 0.5 8.3 10 2000 ...