Data file not closed properly #3

I saw several post regarding this, but none had any answers, so I starting a
new post. There is also nothing in the KB about this. Since othe people are
having the same problem Microsoft should take a look at it.

I get the message "The data file 'Personal Folders" was not closed properly"
every time I close Outlook 2003. It runs a quick check/fix and starts up fine.

I am running XP pro w/ SP-2.
Outlook 2003 w/ SP-1
All patches and updates are current.

My notebook was just rebuilt for so I could get a clean slate for the office
2003 install, (reformat drive and new install of everything) and it was a new
install of Outlook 2003.

I imported my outlook 2002 PST file.

Any suggestions? I am afraid one day it is not going to open correctly.

Thanks!
--
   -> D
0

Cannot email large PDF file
Trying to email a large (195MB) PDF file but get the error message that there is not enough memory. Any ideas please? Thanks Jeff "Efremis" <Efremis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3DBF2BF-A9A7-48F3-8EC9-B77B0CE5CF70@microsoft.com... > Trying to email a large (195MB) PDF file but get the error message that > there > is not enough memory. Any ideas please? > Thanks > Jeff Most ISP's operate with a maximum sending size, some allow as high as 20MB, mostly 5 or 10MB, but none that I am aware of allow anything remotely near ...

Can not read two-byte file...VC8 MFC80 vs. VC6 MFC42 in two-byte Windows system
Sorry for the cross post...need some help.. When we switched to VC8 (VS2005) and delivered application to our Japanese/Chinese customers, they claim they can no longer open files that's in Japanese/Chinese Windows for file name that's in local language. The File/Open dialog turn out to be garbage, and the File/Open returned to be failing. However, the VC6 version worked just fine. This problem did not happen when they use standard straight English file name. We did not use any unicode setup, and don't want to waste time switching to it, is there any way to cure this problem in ...

updating XML file from .aspx page
Thanks in advance fo rany help... I have an XML data file (well- formed) that I need to place into my website's app_data folder. I would like to have an .aspx form on my site that simply has two textboxes (corresponding to two XML fields in my file), and a "submit" button that will update the file. Any clues as to the code to use? I'm most familiar with the DataAdapter/DataSet model and using SQLserver files and having an INSERT INTO query to update. Can this be used on an XML file also? There may be better ways, but just curious if this model COULD work with XML. Thanks! ...

I have a 8MB Excel file that is sooo slow to open and save. Any .
There is one column that has about 15 rows that are added to the next corresponding 15, that are added to the next corresponding 15, etc. 9 times. This is the only unusual thing about this spreadsheet. Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Kim" <Kim@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:46745637-8CE6-4C17-B6B2-6F191F104619@microsoft.com... > There is one column that has about 15 rows that are added to the next > corresponding 15, that are added to the next corresponding 15, etc. 9 times. &...

If Function #3
How Do I Insert A Function That Puts O.d In A Cell Below Another Cel Containing A Balance. I Want O.d To Appear When The Balance Shows Re For A Negative Number -- geoman ----------------------------------------------------------------------- geomanc's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1513 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26769 =IF(cellref<0,"O.d","") Where cellref is the Balance cell. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 12:57:35 -0500, geomanc <geomanc.1dtkdz@excelforum-nospam.co...

Pivot Charts #3
Does anyone know if it is possible to add the row/comlumbn totals and grand totals from the pivot table to the graphic in the pivot chart? I don't know of a way to include the grand total in a PivotChart. You can create a normal chart, based on the pivot table, and include the totals in that. On Jon Peltier's site, there are instructions for creating a normal chart from pivot data: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotcharts.htm jcarper wrote: > Does anyone know if it is possible to add the row/comlumbn totals and grand > totals from the pivot table to th...

CRM 3.0 Faxing
Apart from OmniRush, does anyone know of any other Faxing software which is compatible with CRM 3.0 ? Thanks Nicos Papaioannou ...

get file name
Hi all, i built a code that allow to choose file and its via excel object from access. the problem is that the minute the user is opening the dialog box to open choose the file and move to diffent place,the dialog box is disapearing and the only thing left is to close the access file and start all over again. does anyone know about a better way of using the get file dialog box and maybe there is a diffrent function i can use from access thread <yaniv.dg@gmail.com> wrote in news:1191443578.880070.29270@o80g2000hse.googlegroups.com: > Hi all, > i built a code that allow to choose...

Excel Charts #3
I have some charts that are linked to a summary page. If I change the summary page the charts change accordingly. Each chart has a heading with different names on it. I set up the charts so that when I change the date on the first chart it will change the date on all the other charts. The line under the date is used to show whether or not the chart shows something under or over depending on the formula that I have entered in each chart. Somehow, when I go to any chart and change the term "Under" or "Over" it will change all the charts as well as show up in the heading on my...

Outlook 2003 #3
We have several applications that pull data from Outlook clients. After installed OL2003, every 10 minutes we get a popup saying a program is trying to access your email, do you wish to let it.... so every 10 minutes we have to tell it yes. It got annoying very quick. Any way to get around it? ...

Northwind Data Base 2007
Is there a Access 2007 version of the Northwind Data Base? If not, is there an equivalent sample with macros and VBA code? Ed Hi Ed, Try this (assuming you're using Access 2007): 1. Open Access 2. On the Getting Started screen there are some categories listed in the left task pane 3. Click the one called Sample 4. You should see the Northwind 2007 template now in the middle of the screen 5. Click on the icon, enter the name and location on the right task pane, and then click the Download button Or this: 1. Search your computer for the file called Northwind.accdt 2. On a Win XP machin...

CopyFile deletes File after copy
Hi all, I have a strange problem. I use CopyFile to copy some files from cd to harddisk. Everything works fine for "normal" files, but I have 2 files with about 300 MB. Bei calling CopyFile this file will be shown in explorer, but when copying is done -> the file is gone (deleted). Why? Is 300 MB too much? Regards Matthias The CopyFile() API function returns BOOL. If the return value is zero an error occurred. You can use GetLastError() to trap any errors that occur. CopyFile didn't delete the file, the function never actually copied the file. If the "bFailIfExists&...

Worksheet protection #3
I want to lock all of the cells in all worksheets that have formula's. I have 26 pages and the formula's are in the same cells on each page. I want to protect the formula's but the only way I can find to do this is by protecting one page at a time. So everytime I need to change a formula, I have to unprotect each page, change the formula, then protect each page again. Is there a way to protect all of the pages at one time? When I try to use the protection for the workbook, it doesn't seem to do anything. Jeannine Wrote: > I want to lock all of the cells in all wor...

passing arrays to VB via EXCEL4 API #3
Jim - Nothing personal - thanks for the response. I guess I'll have to kee searching for an Excel archeologist. Say... maybe this knowledge o antiquities is a marketable skill! Hmm... Thanks again, - Ro -- cell divisio ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cell division's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1610 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27553 ...

EARN $ 1,434,892.8 BY E-GOLD (GUARANTEED!!) All you need is 3 People You know #5
EARN $ 1,434,892.8 BY E-GOLD (GUARANTEED!!) All you need is 3 People You know Hello every body , im be glad to introduce one of the best MLM for every body who wants to explod his/her earning with very simple steps and incredible situation! JUST IMAGINE...... If you achieve only 10% success you will still make $ 143,489.28 If you achieve only 1% success you will still make $ 14,348.928 But If we trust to each other and be serious, reaching to $ 1,434,892.8 is not seem so far,just three or four weeks!! The whole works that you should do : 1) You should open an e-gold account ,th...

recovered .pst file
I recovered a corrupted outlook.pst file using the repair inbox program. Now it's placed all my inbox mail in a folder called "lost&found" and then another folder under that called "recovered 8020". I want to put these messages under the old "Inbox" name directly under my personal folder. I've dragged and dropped them but all my new messages still come to that recovered folder. How do I get my new messages to come into my new INBOX? P.S. It won't let me rename the folder or move it. ...

recovering data
Money 2000: Is there a way to recover data that was not backed up. I accidently deleted all deposits. When I used the restore file procedure all saved deposits were restored, but all deposits and withdrawals that hadn't been backed up were deleted. How can I get that work back? Thanks! Retype it all? I mean, seriously, if you type three pages to a document in Word that you last backed up a month ago, delete the three pages and then quit Word where are you? "ETHORN" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:e40d01c3f101$8989da00$a101280a@phx.gbl...

After concatenating data, how do I get Excel to recognise date?
I have used the "concatenate" function to put together data from 4 separate columns to form a date & time entry in the next column (the original 4 columns came from a .cvs file) on the basis of dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm format. I have defined the destimation column for 'Custom' Cell Format using the dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm choice. But Excel does not recognise the information as date & time, BUT, if I press the Return Key on each individual cell, then Excel does recognise the contents as a date & time. Then I can go on to chart my results on a timeline (the whole purpose o...

Create a new 2005 data file with 2004 settings.
Hello: I am using Money 2004. I would like to create a new data file for 2005 but retain my settings from the 2004 data file I currently have. Is there a way to do this? Basically I need to use the 2004 data file settings as a template for 2005. I want to retain my accounts, and various lists... Thanks Harold In microsoft.public.money, harold wrote: > >I am using Money 2004. I would like to create a new data file for 2005 but >retain my settings from the 2004 data file I currently have. Is there a way >to do this? Basically I need to use the 2004 data file settings as a ...

OUTLOOK 2000 PST FILE
I have recently opened a staff members outlook.pst file which I have copied over a network from the users old Windows 98 pc which was running MS Office 2000 to the users new pc (Windows XP Pro) running the same office software appliction. (This file is 1.96G which excludes the idea of saving the pst file to CD). I managed to open this file the first time the user logged on to the pc, but it has now become corrupt. Now every time Outlook is run I get a couple of pop up messages followed by the application automatically shutting down. These messages are as follows: "Properties ...

Formulas not data 0
Hi guys I want to somehow create a formula, which give me the following results... I want it to SUM a serious of cells e.g. SUM(A1:A5) However, if there are no results in cells A1 to A5, I don't want the SUM cell to display a 0 I want for it to stay blank. Please advise thanks Hi Ravi, IF(SUM(A1:A5)=0,"",SUM(A1:A5) or else you can turn off displaying zeroes in Tools>Options Edit tab, although this will apply to the whole workbook. -- HTH Bob Phillips "Ravi Sandhu" <ravisandhu@mail.com> wrote in message news:AaKWa.108$Vg.24@newsfep1-gui.server.nt...

Error: Unable to Read File
I saved a file last week, and now when I try to open it, it give me an "Unable to Read File" error. Does anyone have any suggestions? It's a very important file and any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Hi see your other post -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Pat wrote: > I saved a file last week, and now when I try to open it, > it give me an "Unable to Read File" error. Does anyone > have any suggestions? It's a very important file and any > help would be greatly appreciated. > > Thanks ...

with Publisher or Office.Will I be able to access old files docume
I am frustrated with my Open Office org. program for many reasons. I would like to use Publisher or Office or? Will I be able to access, email, documents etc files previously made on another program if I download Publisher or Office or ? Erica wrote: > I am frustrated with my Open Office org. program for many reasons. > I would like to use Publisher or Office or? > Will I be able to access, email, documents etc files previously made on > another program if I download Publisher or Office or ? Office applications cannot open OpenDocument files. You will have to convert them to O...

All Office 2000 and 2007 Excel and Word files open very slowly
If I open a Excel or Word file from a folder it takes a good 15 seconds for the file to open. If I start Word or Excel first and then do a file, open, the file will open instantly. I dowloaded the trial version of Office 2007 after this started with my Office 2000 and 2007 does it as well. I have removed and reinstalled Office 2000 and re-downloaded all SP's and updates. Have you cleared your TIF folder and Temp folders lately? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 09:04:01 -0700, thecloak <thecloak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >If I open a Excel or Word file...

how to extact a compressed file
I cannot uzip my zipped files ..Help Winnie Hello Winnie Winnie wrote: > I cannot uzip my zipped files ..Help is this a Word problem? Have you inserted ZIP files as objects in word, for instance? If not, better ask in a forum/newsgroup for your ZIP application or your operating system HTH Robert -- /"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT | \ / | MVP | Scientific Reports X Against HTML | for | with Word? / \ in e-mail & news | Word | http://www.masteringword.eu/ ...