D-Link DP-301U print server will not print from Outlook, OE, or Firefox

Hi, folks.  We've got a home network here with an XP machine and an
Apple Quad PowerPC.  We hooked up a D-Link DP-301U print server a
couple weeks ago with our D-Link DL-624 wireless router and were
successful at getting it to print anything the Mac sends to the
Samnsung ML-1430 laserprinter.  The XP machine is a different story:
documents sent from Word, Notepad, or IE6 print ok.  We can print the
printer test page, too.  We *CANNOT* print anything from Outlook 2003,
OE6, or Firefox.

WHAT is the solution to this problem?  I disabled 3rd party browser
extensions in IE6, but I can't figure out how or if I should do the
same thing for the three problematic programs.

I'm getting pissed off enough that I want to take back this somewhat
useless print server.  Any suggestions (including take back the
equipment)?  Please post here.  Thanks a bunch.
0
xymergy (3)

are you getting any errors?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"KLS" <xymergy@suds.com> wrote in message
> Hi, folks.  We've got a home network here with an XP machine and an
> Apple Quad PowerPC.  We hooked up a D-Link DP-301U print server a
> couple weeks ago with our D-Link DL-624 wireless router and were
> successful at getting it to print anything the Mac sends to the
> Samnsung ML-1430 laserprinter.  The XP machine is a different story:
> documents sent from Word, Notepad, or IE6 print ok.  We can print the
> printer test page, too.  We *CANNOT* print anything from Outlook 2003,
> OE6, or Firefox.
>
> WHAT is the solution to this problem?  I disabled 3rd party browser
> extensions in IE6, but I can't figure out how or if I should do the
> same thing for the three problematic programs.
>
> I'm getting pissed off enough that I want to take back this somewhat
> useless print server.  Any suggestions (including take back the
> equipment)?  Please post here.  Thanks a bunch.

0
outlookmvp (5838)
3/22/2006 6:40:31 AM
On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 01:40:31 -0500, "Diane Poremsky [MVP]"
<outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote:

>are you getting any errors?

No errors EXCEPT a notice from the printer icon in the lower right
toolbar tray saying This document cannot print; click here to
Troubleshoot.  When I try that and go through all the steps, it ends
up with no solution for me.  I suspect the print server device itself
is the problem.
0
xymergy (3)
3/22/2006 11:52:23 AM
On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 11:52:23 GMT, KLS <xymergy@suds.com> wrote:

>On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 01:40:31 -0500, "Diane Poremsky [MVP]"
><outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote:
>
>>are you getting any errors?
>
>No errors EXCEPT a notice from the printer icon in the lower right
>toolbar tray saying This document cannot print; click here to
>Troubleshoot.  When I try that and go through all the steps, it ends
>up with no solution for me.  I suspect the print server device itself
>is the problem.

I wanted to follow up to my original post and tell everyone that after
four days of battling with this situation, we finally determined that
the VPN (Virtual Private Network) program I was using to connect to my
work computer network was blocking printer communication.
0
xymergy (3)

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Public Folder server
Hi, I have 2 different servers as follows : Server1 = Mailbox server Server2 = Public Folder server (only has one PF store) My query: What should be the value for HomeMDB attribute when i click on ADSI edit and navigate till ...>Server Name > System Attendant's properties on Server2? Right now the value for HomeMDB of System Attendent on Server2 is showing "Not Set". Should it be pointing to Server1? Pls guide. thanks Are you having problems with the way it's configured? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!"...

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Crash on 'Send"

Reminders in Outlook

Outlook default to paragraph

cant start outlook pst file to large

Outlook 2003

How to restore entire server?

Outlook "Ruler" won't go away

Moving Contacts to Outlook Address Book

outlook 98 corperate forms

Outlook OOF

White Printing
How do I print white text onto black paper? The text just comes out blank when printed. I am using a black background on screen to see what it looks like, then deleting that so I can print in white. On Mon, 12 May 2008 18:46:03 -0700, PJ1980 <PJ1980@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I print white text onto black paper? The text just comes out blank >when printed. I am using a black background on screen to see what it looks >like, then deleting that so I can print in white. Interesting. Does your printer have a WHITE ink cartridge? NO? You can't do it. Ther...

why are links to websites (inserted in publisher documents) disab.
why are links to websites and e-mailadresses (inserted in publisher documents) still working in emailpreview but disabled in webpage preview? ...

OutLook and Notes co-existing.

Import from Eudora 6 to Outlook 2003