Cyclic Redundancy error on pst

Hi all,

I am trying to copy a .pst file from one laptop to
another. During the process it hangs by saying Cyclic
redundacny error and stops copying. Is there any way to
transfer this pst

You bet! i did that too........ the result was no bad
sectors.
(the pst file is
>sitting on a bad cluster and can't be copied until a
repair is made.)

>"Mithesh" <mitheshsharma@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am trying to copy a .pst file from one laptop to
>> another. During the process it hangs by saying Cyclic
>> redundacny error and stops copying. Is there any way to
>> transfer this pst
>

>.

can you copy the file to a new location on the source drive? (e.g. copy from
folder1 to folder2 on the same disk?)

> You bet! i did that too........ the result was no bad
> sectors.

0
neo5748 (288)

Outlook reply error (associated with SP3?)
Greetings. I recently bought a new Dell, wiped the drive, performed a clean install of my own licensed copies of XP Pro and Office XP Pro, and migrated all my settings from my old computer. For a few glorious days I enjoyed newfound speediness with no glitches whatsoever. Now I am running into the following message when I reply to a message in Outlook: "A program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this?" If I click Yes or No the new message window opens; both do the same thing. (Of course, clicking Yes means that I won't see th...

Excel Function VLOOKUP
Hi, I'm having trouble looking up a table of "Names". The table deifene below is called ROL_IS and list hundred of other defined tables. Error where: =VLOOKUP(A33,VLOOKUP(CUR_MON,ROL_IS,3,FALSE),2,FALSE) but no errors where =VLOOKUP(A33,ACT_IS,2,FALSE) or =VLOOKUP(CUR_MON,ROL_IS,3,FALSE) ANS: ACT_IS The array function in VLOOKUP appears not to converting formula to NAME. If anyone knows or needs further details if would be appreciated. Thanks Elizabet -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If I understand you correctly =VLOOKUP(A33,INDIRECT(VLOOKU...

formula error
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel =COUNTIF(DIARY!$I$2:$I$3068,1) <br> The above formula does not automatically update to increase the range of cells as new data is being added to sheet diary. How do I correct this. Also the sheet has over 200 items. Do I have to correct the formula for each cell or is it possible to correct the range in all at one go? <br> Thanks You need to format the range as either a List or a Dynamic Range. A List is simpler. See the Excel Help topic "Create a list". For Dynamic Ranges, see here: ...

Workflow PostURL error/bug
Is there a way to set the timeout for a PostURL workflow step. We have noticed that if the PostURL takes more than 8-10 seconds to complete, then the workflow step becomes paused in the workflow monitor. We have created the following simple web service that can be used to reproduce the problem. Create a new web service or ASP page and paste the following function to reproduce the problem. your times may vary, but when we pause for 10 seconds then the workflow step becomes paused in the workflow monitor. <WebMethod()> Public Function SendEmail(ByVal accountid As String) As String Try...

Auth error,could not log on to CRM.Help!!! #2
Hi,i've upgraded my CRM 1.2 and everything went ok.When i tried to log on to the CRM 3.0 i recieved the following error:Authentication Error Microsoft CRM could not log you on to the system. Make sure your user record is enabled and that you have been assigned at least one security role. For more information, contact your system administrator. I'm logging as a domain administrator with that account the crm was installed and upgrated,i've tried with other accounts but still the same,and i can open the page only if i type the ip adress of the site when i type http://loca...

error messages #9
I have a user who has personal folders and recently started getting the following message. The data file 'file name' was not closed properly. This file is being checked for problems. I have archived some of his email to control the .pst file size. I have also run scanpst and a defrag in Outlook. The error message still comes up occasionally. He is running all the latest patches and updates to XP and Office... I am currently working on the same issue for customer. Have you tried to detect and repair on Outlook or reinstalling it. The profile could be corrupted as well. F...

Error importing xBase file
Help! I have a commercial application that stores certain data in an xbase file. I use access to import the data and manipulate it. This worked fine in Access 97, but have since upgraded to Access 2000. Now I get the message "External table is not in the expected format". I can pull into an Excel file and then export to access, however, I don't think my boss will like that. Any ideas? Thanks, Ron ...

MSExchangeAL errors / warnings 8033, 8063, 8257
Hi, I have a problem with SBS and Exchange 2003. When I create a new user account, the Windows account is created but there is something wrong with Exchange account. The new mail account is not visible in GAL and the user can't connect to his mailbox from Outlook. I see three errors / warnings in Eventlog: MSExchangeAL: LDAP Operations: 8033: LDAP search result on directory serwer.Zaltan.local for entry '' was unsuccessful with error:[0x1] Blad operacji [ 00000000: LdapErr: DSID-0C090627, comment: In order to perform this operation a successful bind must be completed on the connec...

Cannot combine chart type error with only one chart.
I am receiving the error "Some chart types cannot be combined with other chart types. Select a different chart type." Funny thing is... this is the only chart I am trying to create. There are no other charts in the entire workbook. Moving the data to another sheet in the workbook does not work. I am running excel 07. I can copy the data to a new workbook and create the chart with no problem. Is it possible that something in this specific workbook is corrupted? If I copy the chart from the new workbook to the bad one, all the data "disappears". I would be happy to ...

MSGPDocumentExchange (DX) Errors after installing Integration with Great Plains
I am getting MSGPDocumentExchange (DX) Errors after installing Integration with Great Plains. My application log contains 3 messages, all pertaining to errors (An Information, Error, and Warning message). The errors continue to repeat and fill up the Application Log. Any ideas how to fix? Please email me at "ivan AT kairoscorp DOT com". The errors are as follows: INFORMATION Event Type: Information Event Source: MSGPDocumentExchange Event Category: None Event ID: 0 Date: 9/1/2004 Time: 11:26:02 AM User: N/A Computer: NU Description: An exception was thrown from Doc...

OUTLOOK ERROR 550
HI all, I am using Microsoft Outlook XP and I m getting the following error: "Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: FW: Mailing Sent: 9/15/2004 2:21 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'manoj_singh13@hotmail.com' on 9/15/2004 2:21 PM 550 not local host hotmail.com, not a gateway" Thanx in advance Strangy....? strangy <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am using Microsoft Outlook XP and I m getting the > following error: > "Your message did not ...

Date Change and other OS-errors. XP or RMS?
Since upgrading to RMS 1.3 we have encountered some really strange errors. The last one is the best. Right in the middle of the day, yesterday, ONE of our computers changed its own date from 12/30/06 to 12/15/06. Both dates showed up in the journal and the incorrect dates printed on several receipts. Today, one of our computers changed its own date to 12/31/2007. I KNOW no one changed it. Please, no jokes about the Y2K06 bug. Unless they're really funny. Anyone else seeing anything like this happen since the 1.3 upgrade? All our machines are running XP Pro with automatic update t...

Unknown Error
I have seen this issue before but cannot find the answer. I have run 1.3 with a Star TSP100 at two different stores for about 6 months. Now at one location I am receiving an "Unknown Error" message when I ring up customers...not every transaction but several times a day. At the other store--no problems. The only difference is the type of cash drawer. Anyone ever found a solution for this issue? Thanks This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0451_01C70A44.DF648830 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quot...

choosing where to create 2nd (and subsequent) PST files?
Under my profile I have multiple email accounts -- one from my cable provider that is POP3, one from an online service that supports IMAP, and a hotmail account. I am running Office 2007 on a Windows 7 computer. I'm not sure why, but Outlook creates a new PST file each time I configure a new account under the same profile. That's not the issue I have, though; I want to be able to control where the PST files reside. For the 1st file I create, no problem. I configure the email account and get it working, then close Outlook, move the PST file, reopen Outlook. As per the...

run time error
When I attempt to import a text file (.txt) in to Access, an error occurs. Run-time error �3163�: The field is too small to accept the amount of data you attempted to add. Try inserting or pasting less data When I click the Debug button this pops up: .Fields("TranType").Value = rs("MoveType").Value A different error occurs when save it to my desktop, and this is what happens.Run-time error �2185�: You can�t reference a property or method for a control unless the control has the focus. When I click the Debug button this pops up: MsgBox "Import File Not Found:&quo...

Outlook/Word Email Editor Reply error
When using Word as your email editor I receive a message stating "Title: Microsoft Office Outlook (Message: Microsoft Word is set to be your e-mail editor. However, Word is unavailable, not installed, or is not the same version as Outlook. The Outlook e-mail editor will be used instead) I was running a beta version of Office prior to this and that's the only thing i can recall. I have since then done a total uninstall of any office component and a full reinstall to see that the problem still exists. I've tried reregistering word with a winword /r. I've tried r...

outlook 2000
Any message in any Outlook folder dated prior to 10/25/03 can not be moved or deleted. Get a message which states that "errors have been detected... Quite all Outlook ... use the Inbox Repair Tool. I must assume this tool is SCANPST.EXE. When I use it, it finds no error. Anyone know of another Outlook Repair tool? Any other ideas? Thanks! J.F. W. <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Any message in any Outlook folder dated prior to 10/25/03 > can not be moved or deleted. Get a message which states > that "errors have been detected... Quite all Outl...

cyclic redundancy error in outlook?
i had this error once before and had to revert back to a .pst file that was 2 years old (my bad for not backing up my data). well, a year later it has happened again. it is totalling screwing up my outlook. is there any way to repair/fix this file? what is causing this? we normally always leave our computer on. it is on 24 hours a day with outlook running. both times that this problem has happened is after we have shut down our computer before going away on vacation. the problem appeared both times right after we returned and booted up the computer. thoughts? What is the exa...

When starting Outlook Error:Unable to open your default e-mail fol
I just installed Outlook 2003 and when i open it a box comes up saying Configuring Outlook with "Migrating Account Settings" highlighted in a list. Then an error pops up saying: Unable to open your default e-mail folders This error can occur if you attempt to run Outlook from a Terminal Server session when the OST file is in use by the console session. To access this instance of Outlook, exit the current Terminal Server session and start a new session by using the following Run command (click Start, then click Run): mstsc.exe /CONSOLE You must be an administrator on the computer ...

Modifying error message
Is it possible to modify the error message that Exchange (2003) return when you send an email to a recipient that does not exist? If so, where? I looked in ESM but did not find anything. Simon On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 17:22:29 GMT, "Simon" <simon@castortech.com> wrote: >Is it possible to modify the error message that Exchange (2003) return when >you send an email to a recipient that does not exist? > >If so, where? I looked in ESM but did not find anything. > >Simon > Not easy at all. I've done the Google you needed to do. Miost people working on G...

error message
what does this message mean The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was 'allsmiles@tpg.com.au'. Subject 'pets', Account: 'mail.tpg.com.au', Server: 'mail.tpg.com.au', Protocol: SM...

HTTP Error 401.1
Hi everyone I'm getting this error when the other user is trying to access Ms CRM:HTTP Error 401.1 - Unauthorized: Access is denied.I've created the user in MS CRM and assigned him security role Thanks in advance -- donn ...

unexpected errors
Recently I tried to forward a couple of emails which failed with a pop up message of unexpected errors. Anyone know what that means or how to correct? I get a similar message when I try to remove messages from a "Recovered" folder in the personal folder area of outlook. In that case I can't delete the messages. You will be more likely to get a response if you post to one of the Outlook newsgroups. This one is for Word. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Rob...

Can't get Money to install correctly or run without error
I've tried to install Money about 5 times with the same problem each time. Microsoft Money Error Report = AppName: msmoney.exe AppVer: 14.0.0.724 ModName: mnyob99.dll ModVer: 14.0.0.724 Offset: 00092113 Even though I send the error report to MS I am not able to open the app and get to the product code to be able to logon to chat with a MS tech to determine why I can't get app to load correctly. Any Idea's? Try Uninstalling Money, Deleting the Money Folders and Money Registry Keys Delete the Money data in the Application Data folder Search your computer for the mnyob99.dl...

Outlook Express- error message
Hi, Every time I start OE it brings up an error msg box saying. OE has encountered a problem and needs to close. There is no other information or error code. I can still use OE as per normal. The only thing I can think of that caused this is Quotetracker update which I did before this error msg. Also, as there is no OE in Vista and I'm using XP, if I want to upgrade how can I transfer my messages to Hotmail, or should I transfer to another email program. I thought I could just forward the 300 msgs but I can't mark them as read in hotmail, only as unread. I think thats the ...