cw mode and 'on behalf of'

Hi,

I am using Outlook 2000 in CW mode with six email accounts. When I send an
email from other than the primary email account the From block shows
"<primary email account> on behalf of  <second email account>". How can I
send the email with the account that I choose as the sender (From block)
without showing the "on behalf of..."

Thanks,

Have the administrator grant you Send As permissin over the second account.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

"Gecko" <decisionsplus@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am using Outlook 2000 in CW mode with six email accounts. When I send an
> email from other than the primary email account the From block shows
> "<primary email account> on behalf of  <second email account>". How can I
> send the email with the account that I choose as the sender (From block)
> without showing the "on behalf of..."
>
> Thanks,

0
suemvp (4038)

vc6.0 debug mode
Hi I am really having trouble of debugging the program when using the debug mode. The whole window just freezes and took a long time to go to the break point. does anyone have the same situation? If you do and even don't know how to fix it, pls still let me know so I know I am not alone. thanks a lot. ...

Outlook 2003 Cached mode #2
We are using cached Exchange mode on our outlook 2003 clients. Users in our call center have multiple mailboxes open in their outlook. i.e. there are 2 shared mailboxes that everyone opens that they receive email on. The problem is that if you are using cached mode it caches all the accounts that you open. Each of the shared mailboxes is around 500MB and then the users mailbox is 200MB. So they all have HUGE ost files. Is there a way around this? Shared mailboxes shouldn't be cached, only public folders if they have it enabled in the account configuration. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Ou...

Compatability Mode
I am using Windows Vista Home Premium (32 bit) and I have an older spreadsheet program to install that I understand should be run in a "Compatibility Mode". May I ask for additional information on this? How would I do this? On Mar 24, 11:49=A0pm, "Gene L." <Camelot...@tampabay.rr.com> wrote: > I am using Windows Vista Home Premium (32 bit) and I have an older > spreadsheet program to install that I understand should be run in a > "Compatibility Mode". May I ask for additional information on this? How > would I do this? ---------...

Can't get out of Draft Mode in Word 2007
Windows Vista Home Word 2007 My wife has been complaining about her documents automatically and without warning going into Draft Mode. She then can't figure out a way to get back to Normal view. The program just won't go back to normal once this happens and believe me, she has done all the obvious things. Normally, the view is saved with the document; see http://word.mvps.org/faqs/general/SaveViewAndZoom.htm. However, to force a certain view in all documents that you open in Word, you will have to make use of auto macros. For example: Sub AutoOpen() ActiveW...

native mode #2
Hi When I'm going to place place where I can change my Exchange 2003 to native operation mode; I dont' have acces to the change button (the button is not clickable) This server has been upgraded from Exchange 5.5 a year ago (I know it's been a long time but I haven't noticed that the server was operating in mixed-mode until today) What can I do to have access to this button ? thanks On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 07:26:01 -0700, totomaster <totomaster@news.postalias> wrote: >Hi > >When I'm going to place place where I can change my Exchange 2003 to native >...

Safe Mode #3
Hello, Outlook 2003 has been working perfectly until today. All of a sudden will only start in safe mode. It comes up with outlook has encountered a problem - sorry for the inconvenience - do you want to start in safe mode and send an error report. This is the only way I can open outlook. I have done 3 repairs and 2 restore points but am still encountering the problem. I have not downloaded or installed anything. Any suggestions will be gratefully received. Try setting up a new Mail Profile in Control Panel. Sounds like your old one is corrupt. Change the Delivery location for new ma...

Server state: recovery mode. How to put it back to normal mode?
There is an Exchange 2000 Server Standart edition. It had a corrupted mailbox storage .EDB file, so I have extracted what's possible with ExMerge into .PST files and replaced th HDD. On the new clean HDD public folders storage files (.EDB and .STM) were copied from the damaged HDD, and mailbox storage files were created by Exchange 2000 Server automatically. Now, while connecting to the server by Outlook 2003 clients it says that Exchange Server is in recovery mode and asks and asks where to "Connect via LAN", "Operate offline" or "Cancel" (as translated ...

qsrules detect offline mode
anyone know how to detect off line mode with qsrules. Thanks Dave Session.Database.ConnectionIsPrimary R "izeko" <izeko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2277D126-7040-47E5-9C6D-6DCBD7898381@microsoft.com... > anyone know how to detect off line mode with qsrules. > > Thanks > > Dave Thanks. "RSB" wrote: > Session.Database.ConnectionIsPrimary > > R > > "izeko" <izeko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > news:2277D126-7040-47E5-9C6D-6DCBD7898381@microsoft.com... > > anyone know...

Retrieving Value From Subform Only Works In Break Mode 10-17-07
The code: ------------------------------------------------------------- 2550 With Me.subSecurity.Form 2551 If Me.subTrades.Enabled = True Then 2552 Me.subTrades.Form!txtParTotal.Requery 2553 curParTotal = Me.subTrades.Form!txtParTotal.Value 'MsgBox curParTotal 2554 !txtParTotal.Value = curParTotal 2555 !txtParTotal.Requery 2556 End If 2559 End With ------------------------------------------------------------- If I put a break on line 2552 or any line above it, the value gets retrieved and everything works a-ok. But with a break on line 2553 or no ...

Cannot save files in normal mode with word 2003 after Windows 7 up
This a new entry for a previously reported problem. The original problem is that I am unable to save Word 2003 files in normal mode. The message indicates that I do not have enough HDD or RAM space. Neither case is true. I can save files by running Word in XP compatibility mode but I then can't open a file from outside Word by clicking on it. I get a message that says 'Unable to send command to the program.' Everything works ok in Safe Mode. The question arose about a NAV plug-in. I have temporarily removed Norton AntiVirus completely, no help As far...

BOM print in graphics mode missing data
We are using GP 8 SP 2. When we print a BOM in text mode, everything prints fine but it graphics mode, each page is missing several lines of data as if it expects the page to be longer than 11". Does anyone know of a fix for this? Thanks. ...

Chart saved in compatibility mode won't print correctly
I opened an Excel file with charts created in Excel 2000 in Excel 2007. Did not update anything except the numbers in the data area. Saved as .xlsx and saved a copy as 97-2003. When the file is opened in Excel 2000, the charts look fine until you click on print preview and all the text boxes and lines that were drawn on the charts are not visible and do not print. These charts were previously created in 2000 and no changes were made to them in 2007 except updating the figures. Any ideas on how to correct this. I can see a hash marked border around the chart labeled "chart area&qu...

Cached Exchange Mode
I am having a problem with Outlook 2003. When I enable Cached Exchange Mode, my sent items folder only displays 5 messages. I attempt to force it to update and it continues to show only the 5 messages. When I disable Cached Exchange Mode, I can successfully see all of the messages that are there. All of the other folders work correctly when with Cached enabled except the sent items. I would like to run in Cached Exchange Mode to be able to utilize the Junk Mail filters. I am running the RTM version of Office 2003. I have all of the available updates from the Microsoft website. I am con...

OL2000 IMAP CW Mode
Hello all, I've been looking for a solution that will enable us to connect to our IMAP server in CW mode. Apparently OL2000 won't support this out-of-the-box but there should be third-party solutions out there that will enable this functionality. I've only come across 2 and they have both been discontinued. Can anyone point me in general direction of anything like this or indeed, how to get OL2000 to talk to IMAP in CW mode. thanks. merf. OK, So it's definate that OL2000 won't support IMAP in CW mode without a third party connector. Looks like we have 3 choices: 1....

Excel File Only Opens in Windows Safe Mode #2
Thanks, but cleaning the temp folder didn't do it either. Same proble occurs. I ran across Pearson's site via Google and ran the stuff he had there. Had no luck with it either -- reverendlinu ----------------------------------------------------------------------- reverendlinux's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1593 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27418 Sorry, I don't have another guess. reverendlinux wrote: > > Thanks, but cleaning the temp folder didn't do it either. Same problem >...

cw mode and 'on behalf of'
Hi, I am using Outlook 2000 in CW mode with six email accounts. When I send an email from other than the primary email account the From block shows "<primary email account> on behalf of <second email account>". How can I send the email with the account that I choose as the sender (From block) without showing the "on behalf of..." Thanks, Have the administrator grant you Send As permissin over the second account. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers ht...

Outlook 2003 cached mode greyed out from MST ... can't undo it..
I originally setup an MST file that didn't allow users to change the Outlook Cached More settings. I recently changed my mind about this, for Outlook users on a slower WAN link. The thing is, I have deployed Office 2003 via GPO. Redeploying doesn't fix this, nor does uninstalling/reinstalling. The only thing that works, is deleting the user profile on the machine. This is not a good workaround, because it can be quite time consuming to recreate the profile. and the OPS file from the "save my settings" wizard only re-applies that setting that "Greys Out" the cache...

Cache Mode
Hope this makes sense.... Have set Group Policy to Empty the Deleted Items folder upon exiting without warning. Have set retention to 30 days. Works fine however when users in cache mode try to recover items they do not re-appear in the deleted items folders as they should. Take them out of cache mode everything works fine. Now, it maybe easy to blame cache mode accept this doesn't happen to admins or help desk people with admin rights on the local machines, just end users, specifically power users. We find it necessary to use cache mode for numerous reasons, we also find it nec...

Make Visio Add-In working in Debug Mode
Hi folks, Unfortunately my Visio Solution crashed during development. There it was possible to start it out of Visual Studio just by hitting the debug button. So I copied the source files to a new system in order to make the devolopment possible again. But if I start Visio and the Add-In there just by debugging it does not register and the Add-In isn't available within Visio. If I build a setup and install my solution it works again. But I'd like to check new functionality in a fast way just by debugging. Any ideas? Would the new machine have .Net Framework 2 installed? If so, put...

Outlook in IMAP mode
Good Day Board, I would like to know if there is a way to get Outlook to actually delete an e-mail while in IMAP mode instead of just drawing a line through the e-mail. If there is no way to get around this, is there a way to update the folder view to eventually remove these e-mails. "Kirrin Jones" <kirrinjones@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ueuEUxrhHHA.4596@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Good Day Board, > > I would like to know if there is a way to get Outlook to actually delete > an e-mail while in IMAP mode instead of just drawing a line through the > e-m...

Native mode vs mixed mode
Lately I have migrated from 5.5 to ES 2003. Everything worked beautifully. So as I have decommissioned the last 5.5. server, I also moved to native mode on the exchange server. When I go to "organisation" properties, I see "native mode" now. In the AD users and computers tho, the "domain functionnal level" still shows "Windows 2000 mixed" mode. For instance, I cannot create "universal group" yet since it requires "native mode" How to fix this ? Thanks On Mon, 7 Aug 2006 09:16:55 -0400, "Gillies" <easterngu...

IE8 - "Protected mode" only works in Vista/7
Hello, Users in my office have IE7 along with Mozilla 3.6. for browsing.I want to upgrade them to IE8. Now concerning Protected Mode in IE7 and IE8 --- that feature only works on systems that have Vista and 7, not on systems running XP SP3 - which is what we run on my LAN - correct ? Thanks, Bob Yes, Totally correct... The protected mode is vista/7 kernel dependant. (From what I read, Protected mode is a mode in which the process has kind of lowered privilege, so it cannot make dangerous things) Concerning migrating from IE7 to IE8, for me, new versions(when stable)...

Outlook changed to chinese mode
I have install office 2k sp3 on xp sp1. Out of the blue, outlook suddenly changed to chinese mode. Eg instead of the word <Inbox> it became <???>. The word <Outbox> became <???> and so is the rest. Is there any way to set it back to English??? ...

Switching from CW to IMO
I followed the instructions to change from CW to IMO on Outlook 2000. Now I've lost both my calendar and contacts. Does anyone know how to recover this information? Randy <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I followed the instructions to change from CW to IMO on > Outlook 2000. > > Now I've lost both my calendar and contacts. Does anyone > know how to recover this information? Were you attached to an Exchange server before? -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is t...

Help to get out of draw mode!?1
Good Morning! Well, I've never done this before. Went to archives and can't seem to find help to the particular problem I just backed myself into <g>. I had an icon on my toolbar that I accidentally pressed. It was for draw mode, I believe. In one fell swoop I lost all my regular pulldowns plus my custom icons. Since I'd just made other changes this morning, don't have a recent enough version of my XLB file so I'm stuck! Can someone pls tell me how to get out of this mode pls? Old Mr. Genius was no help either!! <lol> Thanks! :oD (Hope this msg gets...