Cutomize Outlook Today #2

When I click on Cutomize Outlook Today, nothing happens.
I can't get it to work after I installed the recommended
upgrades to Outlook.  I would appreciate any help you can
give me
0
tplesset (1)

OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update
813489 for Internet Explorer:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575
To change your Outlook Today setting by editing the registry, see:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/oltoday.htm

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Tina Plesset" <tplesset@bellatlantic.net> wrote in message
> When I click on Cutomize Outlook Today, nothing happens.
> I can't get it to work after I installed the recommended
> upgrades to Outlook.  I would appreciate any help you can
> give me

0
dianenws (1904)

cutoms lists
in excel 2007 it seems to be a limit of 255 char. when I make a custom list. Is it possible to increase this? Not according to the Excel help files. Sorry. "cervus" wrote: > in excel 2007 it seems to be a limit of 255 char. when I make a custom list. > Is it possible to increase this? ...

Outlook 2003 with sp1, Word as Editor hangs on reply/forward
Hi, I have Office 2003 installed with sp1. I've found an email message which hangs Outlook 2003 replying or forwarding. I use Word as my message editor. The email is html and appears to be formatted correctly. I have saved the source of the email and attempted to open it in IE. The curious thing is that IE will hang for quite a while on my machine trying to download the images (I have a cable modem). Then at the end, it complain about a security risk. Allowing the security risk, shows the remaining items. Even more curious, is when I open the saved html file in Word. It will hang ...

Outlook events
Hi I am using outlook with withevents to grab its item_send event. It has not worked so far. Anyone has any example of how this should be done? My code is at the end. Thanks Regards = Code Follows ==================== Option Compare Database Private WithEvents objOutlook As Outlook.Application Private WithEvents objOutlookMsg As Outlook.MailItem Private Sub Command0_Click() Dim objOutlookRecip As Outlook.Recipient Set objOutlook = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") Set objOutlookMsg = objOutlook.CreateItem(olMailItem) eto = "me@mydomain.com" esubject = &q...

Outlook Web Access
I have never thought of this before - are specific versions of OWA only for specific versions of Exchange? Or, for instance, if I have an Exchange Server 5.5 can I obtain the latest version of OWA to use with it? If so, where from? Any ideas? Thanks in advance Hades "Hades" <no@spam.ta> wrote in news:3fb88dc6$0$249$ed9e5944@reading.news.pipex.net: > I have never thought of this before - are specific versions of OWA > only for specific versions of Exchange? Or, for instance, if I have > an Exchange Server 5.5 can I obtain the latest version of OWA to use >...

Naming cells #2
I want to give the same cell in two different worksheets the same name, "Company," but Excel won't allow me to. Is there a way to do that? Sheet1!Company and Sheet2!Company -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Watercolor artist" <Watercolorartist@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3DB83250-3F90-442D-BB71-00F78814641F@microsoft.com... > I want to give the same cell in two different worksheets the same name, > "Company," but Excel won't allow me to. Is there a way to do that? Watercolor art...

CRM 3.0 and Outlook 2000
Will the CRM 3.0 Client for MS Outlook work successfully with Outlook 2000? The implementation manual mentions only Outlook XP/2003. As an aside, it doesn't APPEAR as though the Exchange Router is required when using the Client for MS Outlook. Is that assesment correct? "Jesse O''''Toole" <JesseOToole@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:639144F2-9B70-47C9-9A28-ECBF7E4A25F3@microsoft.com... > Will the CRM 3.0 Client for MS Outlook work successfully with Outlook > 2000? > The implementation manual mentions only Outlook XP/2003. N...

need to remove old Outlook Express, now have MS Outlook
I installed MS Office XP SBE. It came with MS Outlook. It didn't write over my old Outlook Express. Now I have both and can't remove the old O Express. Wouldn't be a problem, except my email continues to go to the old O Express. Can I deactivate it somehow? Do not uninstall OE as Outlook shares some common files. Simply remove your mail account in Outlook Express or uncheck the option to check it for mail. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted with...

pocket outlook addins
Hi all we need to create pocketoutlook addin and add folders to services available in the pocket outlook (pocketpc 2002 edition) can anybudy provide any help or guidance in this regards expecting a quick response. regards Mohan Try microsoft.public.pocketpc - this isn't an Outlook question. :-) Mohan Bisht wrote: > Hi all we need to create pocketoutlook addin and add > folders to services available in the pocket outlook > (pocketpc 2002 edition) can anybudy provide any help or > guidance in this regards > > expecting a quick response. > > regards > Mohan ...

setting up outlook #5
When setting up outlook it went right to a screen with username, domain, and password request. I am able to access outlook after I put those in, but I would rather simply log onto the PC and my network(with a domain) and be able to open Outlook without having to enter username, password, and domain name. I already have internet working, drive mapped, user account created and is correct. Hi Bob, do you mean this ? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;290684 -- Gestern gings noch, ICH habe nichts gemacht! ;-) Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "Bob Garber&quo...

Outlook icon missing
After installed MS Outlook 2002 to my computer ..the MS outlook icon seem to be missing on desktop.. could you guys please help how to restore the MS outlook icon See if the information in the following MSKB article helps: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;281085 -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "Brandon" <bradon@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:022f01c3463f$b38d9430$a301280a@phx.gbl... > After instal...

Make Outlook Express the default
Just got a new computer. Used my old Basic Office 2003 disc as I wanted Word and Excel. Everything worked in the transition except now I have Outlook as the default and I want to change to Outlook Express simply because I've used it for years. This must be simple but I can't find a place to do it -- How do I change Outlook over to OE? Thanks! Remove any account information in Outlook. Set OE as the preferred email client in IE. "Pat" <Pat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0699135F-3F4F-4911-B67B-6A301A450B21@microsoft.com... > Jus...

outlook and outlook express #14
Hi, Forget my ignorance, but can someone tell me the difference between Outlook and Outlook Express and how they work? Thank you, victor wrote: > Forget my ignorance, but can someone tell me the > difference between Outlook and Outlook Express One is a personal information manager which includes --amongst other things-- a powerful e-mail client. The other is a barebones e-mail program and a newsreader that's barely usable; and is worth every penny you paid for it. > and how they work? Right. There are books out there with like 2,500 pages explaining just that. -- Any...

GP 9.0 on SQL 2008 #2
Is GP9.0 supported on SQL Server 2008? Does GP9.0 appear to perform correctly on SQL Server 2008? Thank you. GP 9.0 is not officially supported on SQL Server 2008, however, if your databases are on SQL Server 2005, you can transfer them to a SQL Server 2008 box under database compatibility 9.0 (SQL Server 2005). Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "Marv" wrote: > Is GP9.0 supported on SQL Server 2008? Does GP9.0 appear to p...

Back up Client List in Microsoft Outlook 2003 in Exchange
Hi, I hope I am now in the correct group to get an answer. I posted as follows and received the following answer to get me to this group (I believe): May I ask for any assistance with the question and thank you in advance for it. Lynd Subject: Re: outlook 2003 public folders of custom list From: "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> Sent: 6/9/2004 5:25:18 AM 1) This sounds like a question for the microsoft.public.exchange.admin group, since it involves backing up your server store 2) I am not clear on whether the Client Contact List folder is in a user&#...

Excel 2000
How do you do superscripts within a cell with other text? Example: Young® (make the ® superscript) Hi select the � only and choose format / cell / on the font tab choose superscript Cheers JulieD "L Young" <LYoung@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6B8329EE-3A64-410E-9D35-A536C49C58EC@microsoft.com... > How do you do superscripts within a cell with other text? > Example: > Young� (make the � superscript) ...

Outlook client does not stop synchronizing
Hi There, I have rolled out CRM 3 on a clients SBS 2003 server without issues, but I am having problems with one of the client machines. There have been 3 clients installed so far without issue, only this machine is causing headaches. The installation goes ahead without issue, but when you open outlook for the first time it appears to hang and becomes non responsive. I let it run for almost two hours only to find by looking at the network card that there has been 4Gb sent and 8Gb received. The database itself has around 5000 records (made up of leads, accounts, contacts,etc...), but the user...

outlook fonts #2
Hi, I hate to add to the bunch asking but I want to change the font size of the folders in outlook, so I have one for many people and I wouldn't even mind changing the colors of the text but at least can you make the font size of the name of the folder larger? ...

Using Word in Outlook not working
All of a sudden when I try to write a new e-mail message I get an error saying: "Microsoft Word is set to be your e-mail editor. However, Word is unavailable, not installed, or is not the same version as Outlook. The Outlook e-mail edito will be used instead. The program for the attachment may not have been installed properly or may have been moved or deleted. Reinstall the program in which the attachment was created." I don't understand what it's talking about about attachment. The version of Office is 2003 all the way around, and it was working yesterday. Is this a known...

Eliminate File -> Print in Outlook?
Is there anyway to disable printing in Outlook 2003 or newer? Social engineering has failed and my users still insist on printing nearly every email they receive. Thank you, Ohio I guess you can't cut the printer cable? <g> What you need to do is remove the command via policy. try the ork - http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ork2003/HA101494521033.aspx - specifically policy templates: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ork2003/results.aspx?qu=adm&av=ORK110 http://www.outlookcode.com/codedetail.aspx?id=1507 has code to show the command id's. -- Diane Poremsky [M...

Outlook 2003 Does Not Close #2
Hello - I posted in another group, but this one seems like a larger audience. At our company, we have 4 Outlook 2003 users (I being one of them) who are experiencing the same issue: Outlook doesn't close when you click the X in the upper right or go to File - Exit. The only way we've been able to get it to close is by ending the Outlook.exe task. I've read and tried the following: 1. Detect and Repair - no luck. 2. Verify that WinFax is not installed - not installed. 3. Checked Add-In Manager and unchecked. Closed/reopened - same issue. 4. No PDA sync software. 5. Deskto...

Problem with Outlook Express not deleting messages....Posted here because I could not find a group for Outlook Express...TIA
Outlook express can recieve mail. It cannot delete mail from Inbox or trash can. It gives no error messages. Does any one have any fixes or ideas on how to solve this issue ? Thanks !!!!! Ralph Malph Ralph Malph <Ralph@happydays.com> wrote: > Outlook express can recieve mail. It cannot delete mail from Inbox or > trash can. It gives no error messages. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman DUH !!! If I could find one I would, but there does not seem to be one amoung the microsoft.public.outlook********* news groups. Now if you could point me to one..... R...

Outlook 2003 SP2
Hi all, I would like to know if, in order to use a signature that includes a small picture (company logo), it is necessary to use word as email editor. I would really like to avoid using word ! I tried today and it didn't seem to work (the picture was not displayed, just the boring red x showed up). Thanks in advance. barabba72@hotmail.com <barabba72@hotmail.com> wrote: > I would like to know if, in order to use a signature that includes a > small picture (company logo), it is necessary to use word as email > editor. I would really like to avoid using word ! See this:...

Error launching Outlook
When I launch Outlook 2002 I receive the following error: Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. The information store could not be opened Any suggestions? Thanks, Randy "Randy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:199bc01c44d7a$284fe510$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When I launch Outlook 2002 I receive the following error: > Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. The information store > could not be opened > Any suggestions? The simpliest solution is to recreate the profile. Control Panel - Mail Icon Outlook Profilile management made easy. http://goff...

Mail Stuck in Outbox
I just upgraded to Outlook 2002 SP-2 from Outlook 2000 while there was a message stuck in the outbox and now I can't check mail or delete the message from the Outbox. When I try to Send/Receive mail, I get the really enlightening message: "Operation Failed". When I try to delete the trapped message, I get: "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists restart Outlook". Restarting Outlook changes nothing, of course. Outlook Express works fine. If only I could just delete that message in the Outbox! Does anybody have any idea how to fix...

Appointments #2
Sorry to repost but this is driving me crazy. All I want to be able to do is schedule an appointment for myself and a colleague with an Account record and get it to appear in our outlook calendars. Everything I try to achieve this fails: 1. If I try to schedule an appointment in the SFO client against an account record (Actions Add Activity etc) and add my colleague as an attendee then the appointment goes in to my outlook calendar but not my colleagues. Instead I get a box pop up called check names. It basically says that Outlook does not recognise the user (my colleague) who I selected as ...