Customising Outlook Today #3

Following system crash, finally decided to re-format hard
drive, re-install windows 98 and the upgrade to Me,
followed by re-installation of MS Office 2000.  Having
done so, I then downloaded updates to Me.  I am now no
longer able to customise Outlook Today home page; it
always starts with my Inbox and I have to select Outlook
Today page.  I then press "customise" in the hope of
achieving the "always start with this page" option, and
nothing happens.  Have since downloaded all Office 2000
updates, but this has not cured the problem.  Any advice
would be appreciated
0
anonymous (74721)

FAQ.  See http://support.microsoft.com/?id=820575 and
http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/oltoday.htm
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16053)

Add Outlook Profile remotely??
Does anybody know of a tool, utility, etc that would allow me as an administrator to connect to a W2K, XP machine on the network and add e-mail profiles that show no matter what user logs on? I have multiple users who use multiple machines and want their regular e-mail profile set up instead of using Outlook Web Access. I would like to be able to remotely add their e-mail profile to the computer they want it on. I have 247 W2K, XP machines, using Exchange server on a AD network. Thanx! Use a login script to set the ImportPRF registry entry to the location of a ..prf file that you...

Split window in Outlook 2003?
Hello! I wonder if it's possible to split the window in Outlook 2003 so that you can se both your emails (Inbox with preview) and your calender? -- Andreas Andreas <Andreas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I wonder if it's possible to split the window in Outlook 2003 so that > you can se both your emails (Inbox with preview) and your calender? No need to ask more than once. -- Brian Tillman Brian Tillman wrote: > Andreas <Andreas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >> I wonder if it's possible to split the window in Outlook 2003 so that >...

Registry #3
hi all Does any body know good site about windows registry key details? Vivek --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.717 / Virus Database: 473 - Release Date: 7/8/2004 See if the following link helps you http://www.winguides.com/registry/ -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Vivek" <vivek.kumbhojkar@solversa.com> wrote in message news:OFF%23pgaZEHA.1048@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > hi all > Does any body know good site about windows registry key de...

Outlook to Intranet Transfer
Are there any tools out there that will automatically archive emails sent to a distribution group to an intranet site? We actively use several distribution groups however there is no central repository for the messages so there is no means by which to retrieve them for future reference. The idea of a creating a forum on our intranet is being thrown around but I thought that maybe a tool that would dump the messages into a searchable database maybe more convenient. Thanks! T. Dang <REMOVE*trent.dang@gmail.com*REMOVE> wrote: > Are there any tools out there that will automatically ...

Can you plot a graph with 3 axes e.g. xyz values on Excel?
Can you plot a graph with 3 axes e.g. xyz values? Excel doesn't have a native 3D XYZ chart format, but Andy Pope shows how to fake it on his web site http://andypope.info - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Khan wrote: > Can you plot a graph with 3 axes e.g. xyz values? In article <8CD24A5A-1697-4A3A-A3B7-DBD78C310482@microsoft.com>, Khan@discussions.microsoft.com says... > Can you plot a graph with 3 axes e.g. xyz values? > For an understanding of what you can do...

DomainPrep #3
I suspect there is the permission problem in my system causing 9186 & 9187 errors. Can I run /DomainPrep again to check permission? What would happen? thanks ...

MS Outlook contacts
I had MS outlook on another computer and it crashed. I got a new one and installed outlook and all of my contacts are not there along with my address book. How do I get them back You installed Outlook on a new computer and expected all your Outlook data would just magically appear? Did you do nothing to backup and transfer your Outlook data? Surely you've left some details out in your post or you wouldn't even be asking this question. You would know your Outlook data is gone. -- Russ Valentine "Starvyun Shepherd" <Starvyun Shepherd@discussions.microsoft.com...

Outlook Express Needs to be Opened Twice
The first time I open Outlook Express it connects and down loads my messages. The next time I open it it doesn't connect. I then close it and the next time I open it it connects and downloads messages if I have any. How can I fix this? Hi, This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windo...

Outlook Express Newsreader
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0044_01C47AE0.E7380E10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, My question applies to the Outlook Express Newsreader. Actually, I have = two questions. I do use "Outlook" for my e-mails, but the only news = reader in my computer that I knew would be in it was "Outlook Express = Newsreader". Does Outlook have it's own newsreader, or does everyones = newsreader default to the one that's with Express? Also, for some reason my mes...

Outlook 2003
I added the newsreader to the Go menu. It worked. I rebooted at some point and now the news item is not on the go Menu and it is not avaible to be added. Will I have to restore my system to an earlier date or is there an easier way to add it back. I have no problems working in the registry. To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch it, click the "Don't ask me again" box and then click the No ...

Outlook hangs randomly
My Outlook hangs -- sometimes on opening, sometimes on send/receive, sometimes for no apparent reason. Since it just stops responding, it doesn't give me an error message so I have no code to look up. Any ideas? Thanks. I am having the same problem. I just loaded the new 'security patch' from microsoft. Could this be the cause? >-----Original Message----- >My Outlook hangs -- sometimes on opening, sometimes on >send/receive, sometimes for no apparent reason. Since it >just stops responding, it doesn't give me an error >message so I have no code t...

Outlook 2003
I have just installed Outlook but when attempting to send a message I get two error messages Ox8004210A and B. Both indicate timeout in connecting to the server. I have at other times had messages indicating a failure to connect to the Internet. However, I am using the same PC to connect to the Internet with Internet Explorer and Outlook Express quite successfully. I have checked the setup for email within Outlook several times. I can see no error. We have two PCs linked by Ethernet cable. One is the ICS host and the PC with the problem is the ICS client. Windows Firewall is active on t...

How do I delete attachments from received emails in Outlook 2007?
In Outlook 2003 you can click on an attachment in an email that you have received and delete or remove it. It doesn't seem that this is possible in Outlook 2007. It still works in 2007. Open message, right click on attachment. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM How ...

Outlook doesn't give option to add Exchange service
One of our users had a laptop meltdown, and is setting up the new drive on WinXP Pro. When he finished installing Office 2000 with all patches and tried to open Outlook 2000 he must have tried setting it up while logged in as the administrator then realized he needed to be logged in as himself, so logged off and on again. Anyway, now he no longer has Services listed under Tools, and can't set up Microsoft Exchange service as his email service. Even when he opens Mail in Control Panel, it goes straight into the options for adding Internet email, rather than the list of Services, D...

outlook express #192
looking for more help >-----Original Message----- >On 16 Apr 2004 20:44, "jakeal" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >>WHEN I SEND FILES TO THE OUTLOOK EXPRESS 6 I CAN'T OPEN THE >>ATTACHMENTS,BUT WHEN I SEND THEM MICROSFT OUTLOOK 97 NO PROBLEMS.THE >>PROGRAM IS KODAK EASY SHARE SOFTWARE.SOMEBODY TOLD ME HAS TO DO WITH >>SECURITY.CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN FURTHER.THANKS > >Tools | Options | Security... > >-Ben- >Ben M. Schorr, MVP-OneNote >http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr >http://www.thespoke.net/MyBlog/bschor...

Facing problem in Back Office 4.3
I could not start service in Back Office 4.3 Ver If I start remote access service, It is giving error 1066 what is the resion for this, please let me know, immediately. Thanking you Jagadish ...

pst file #3
My pst file is now 1.5 gig. When I delete old emails with large attachments, the pst file doesn't compact. I'm told there is a 2 gig limit to this file. How can I archive/edit this file so that it compacts afterward? Go into the properties of the .PST file in Outlook (perhaps by right-clicking the root folder in View | Folder List) and you should find a Compact Now button. See if that helps. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and repl...

Need to graph weekly shipments of 3 classes of freight versus plan
I need to find a way to graph weekly shipments of 3 classes of freight versus planned shipments of the three classes. The graph should stack the 3 classes shipped next to a comparable stack of planned shipments. The x axis is time (weeks. ...

.NET framework 3.5 SP1
On my pre-installed windows 7, 64bits home premium I can see .NET Framework 3.5 in the "program files" in folder Microsoft.Net ,there are the versions v1,v2, v3.0 and v3.5. How can I find out that .NET framework 3.5 sp1 is applied? And if I just apply this download servicepack, will it screwup OSsystem? __________ Informatie van ESET NOD32 Antivirus, versie van database viruskenmerken 4723 (20091228) __________ Het bericht is gecontroleerd door ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.eset.com If Windows Update wants to install it, you don't have it. ;)...

Outlook running very slow
Runnng Outlook 2000 and I have about 2,000 contacts. Outlook moves slow in my opinion and contacts do not open up immediately as they should. Are there any suggestions? Can I reindex data in any way or does anyone have an opinion on number of contacts. ...

Macro Help #3
I recorded a macro. I want the macro to start its operation from th cell that I select, and do everything with the selected cell as th reference point. However, the macro wants to go back to the exact cel that I had selected when I recorded it. How can I make the macr dynamically reference the cell I select rather than the cell which wa selected when the macro was recorded? Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi you have to change the macro code :-) It would be helpful if you post your code so that we can give you some ideas what to change. e.g. replace a fixed referenc...

Outlook Express problem #12
When I look at webmail I get all the context of my emails. When I look at the emails from outlook express on my home PC they are all blank. Can anybody shed some advice on how to correct this problem so I can see and read my email at home once again? Thanks Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com --� Milly St...

Import from Excel to Windows live outlook
How to import contacts from an Excel Spreadsheet to Windows live Outlook No such animal as "Windows live Outlook". There is Microsoft Outlook, and you will find the option under File, Import and Export. And there is Windows Live Mail, and there you could probably look in Help or post your question to the Live Mail group. Either way, "Excel" isn't actually involved and isn't needed. Import from Excel wrote: > How to import contacts from an Excel Spreadsheet to Windows live Outlook If you mean Office Outlook............... See Ron's site ...

Unable to configure outlook client in a new Child Domain
We've been running our Exchange 2003 server for almost a year now in a single domain forest. This past week we created 2 child domains and created some new account in them and mailbox-enabled them. The problem is every time we go to configure the Outlook profile, for the users in the new child domain, we keep getting "The name could not be resolved. The name could not be matched to a name in the address list" There are no AD replication problems, we can map drives to and from machine in each domain. I've even created a share on the mail server to make sure everyone can get t...

Outlook 'send/receive' button produces msg: "the operation failed"
Re: MS Outlook I can not depress my SEND/RECEIVE button without receiving the message "the operation failed". This has only happened today and although I automatically receive and can send msgs (as predetermined my pc checks every 5 mins) I can not use manually. Driving me crazy. Can someone help me? BJ ...