Customise button reply to and add text to subject line

I am trying to find a solution to a problem grateful for some
direction.

I have managed to configure a button in outlook to create a new email
and add specific text to the subject line by adding mailto: as an
email address and then specifying the text in the subject line.

What i need to do is to configure a button which will add specific
text "authorised" to the subject line when i click onto reply or reply
to all.

Is there an easy way to do this without creating vast vba ??

No. You'll need to use VBA.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

<lennymccoy@googlemail.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to find a solution to a problem grateful for some
> direction.
>
> I have managed to configure a button in outlook to create a new email
> and add specific text to the subject line by adding mailto: as an
> email address and then specifying the text in the subject line.
>
> What i need to do is to configure a button which will add specific
> text "authorised" to the subject line when i click onto reply or reply
> to all.
>
> Is there an easy way to do this without creating vast vba ??

0
outlookmvp (5838)

"Out of Office" Reply
Can anyone tell me how to install the "Out of Office" Assistant? The option does not appear in my Tools menu. That will not appear on your personal computer. It is used on a network. >-----Original Message----- >Can anyone tell me how to install the "Out of Office" >Assistant? The option does not appear in my Tools menu. >. > You have to have an Exchange server for Out-of-Office Assistant to be enabled. You could probably do something similar with an Outlook rule, but then you have to leave your machine on and checking mail the whole time. Probably...

drop down list button
In Excel - created drop down list...no problem. However, how do I set the work sheet so that the drop down button always shows rather than now where it disappears then I click on another cell. Jim - You'll have to change from a list to a combo or list box (Toolbar - Forms) Carole O "DiamondJim" wrote: > In Excel - created drop down list...no problem. However, how do I set the > work sheet so that the drop down button always shows rather than now where it > disappears then I click on another cell. > > Ok, that is exactly what I am looking for...HOWEV...

How can I add a custom property to an Excel Workbook ?
Hi I'd like to be able to add custom properties to an excel workbook using vba... Same stuff I already do by hand using the custom tab of the property window... Thanks for giving ideas Regards // Alain See http://www.cpearson.com/Excel/DocProp.aspx for downloadable code modules to read/write custom and built-in document properties of both open and closed workbooks. Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP Excel Product Group Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com (email on web site) On Sat, 29 Nov 2008 07:16:09 -0800, Desaivres Alain <DesaivresAlain@discussions.mic...

How can I erase previously typed text in a box?
I have typed text in various columns. I am needing to change the text in a particular box. When i erase it it still shows in a lighter form? How can i get rid of it so that I can retype in the box? specialevents wrote: > I have typed text in various columns. I am needing to > change the text in a particular box. When i erase it it > still shows in a lighter form? How can i get rid of it so > that I can retype in the box? ======================== What's the name and version of the program you are using? What happens if you...left click / drag... your cursor across the unwa...

Customise the outlookbar
Hi. Is there any way to customize the outlookbar in a away that a user only can see the defaultfolders in his mailbox' Mariah MN <MN@nospam.com> wrote: > Hi. Is there any way to customize the outlookbar in a away that a > user only can see the defaultfolders in his mailbox' Put the folders you want in the Shortcuts (or Favorites) and use that view. You don't say what version of Outlook you use. -- Brian Tillman Outlook 2000 Is it possible to lock down Outlook in any way? "Brian Tillman" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> skrev i meddelandet news:uAOr$f7...

On Visio 2003 line ends, how do you make the arrow point in a different direction?
Gurus, On Visio 2003 line ends, how do you make the arrow (if you choose to put one there), point in a different direction? -- Spin On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 12:44:29 -0400, "Spin" <Spin@invalid.com> wrote: >Gurus, > >On Visio 2003 line ends, how do you make the arrow (if you choose to put one >there), point in a different direction? select the line menu Format -> Line in the Line ends section swap the Begin and End line end types. -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. Electronics for Visio http://www.electronics.sandrila.co.uk/ ...

Replying to a customized Outlook Form
I have created a customized Outlook form, but the customized fields do not continue to display when someone replies to the message. ...

Buttons added on parent window
Hi all, I downloaded an application a few days ago, and noticed that it has put buttons on the parent window (next to the minimize, maximize and close buttons) on explorer, Word and a few other windows. This looks nice and I was wondering how it was achieved - overwriting a dll, for instance? Best wishes Paul I believe it involves a hook, but I am not 100% sure. AliR. <paul@paullee.com> wrote in message news:1156191416.142638.173740@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi all, > I downloaded an application a few days ago, and noticed that it has put > buttons on the parent wi...

Translated Microsoft Dynamics GP and/or Add-on Products
This week I am posting the last couple of articles in Translating Dexterity Applications Series. If you are interested in know how to translate Dexterity applications or just curious about how it can be achieved without any changes to source code, please have a look at: http://blogs.msdn.com/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/2009/02/09/translating-dexterity-applications-series.aspx If you are a developer or partner who has created a translated version of Microsoft Dynamics GP or an add-on product for Microsoft Dynamics GP, please post a comment on the article with the details of what you...

Line Graph trendlines in correct representation
A Line Graph contains two trendlines of 2002, 2003 year from 12 cells each. It shows the correct data values, while the line placement in the graph is not correct. For example, In May, the 2003 point of 9 is higher on the graph than the 2002 value of 124. Could anybody tell me why it's happening Thank you, sri You are probably using a Stacked Line chart. [In the list of Line chart subtypes this is the row 1 column 2]. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article...

HTML Format reply
I configured my new email to be written in RICH format. Is there a way to set that all replys are either sent in RICH or HTML formats? Sam Not really - other than to verify it manually. If somebody sends to a message in plain text, though, it may be because they use a mail app that doesn't support HTML or RTF. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com "Sam" <smd6169@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23hQhquF2HHA.3788@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I configured my new email to be written in RICH format. Is there a way to...

Predefined text list
I need to set up predefined text lists and then link them to certain cells and limit the entry in that cell to the predefined list - how do I do this??? In article <9EEA8DD6-5CD2-47EC-9B19-B78F9C1FBBD9@microsoft.com>, =?Utf-8?B?TWVs?= <Mel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need to set up predefined text lists and then link them to certain cells >and limit the entry in that cell to the predefined list - how do I do this??? Data validation is what you want. hi data validation. on the menu bar>data>validation from the first dropdown select list from t...

Make a complete list of words from texts in a range
Hey guys - again :) My challenge today is as follow: Sheet = "TEXT" In column A i have several celles with texts/comments - words/ sentences I want to split all the texts into singel words and make a word-list of all used words of this column A - and copy the words into a new sheet (sheet = "WORDS") column A as my complete word-list. I have no idea of how to do this. After producing this word-list I will remove the doublettes and sort it - this of course I CAN do bmy own "skills". Will anyone please help me? Kindly regards Snoopy On Fri, 27 ...

Add new master to stencil with VB .NET
Hi folks, I have created a Ribbon-Add-In for Microsoft Visio with Visual Studio 2010 and I really like doing this so far, but I have one major problem that I can't get over. I try to dynamically change the stencil by reacting to events like ShapeAdded. I managed to delete a master from the stencil by doing something like this: vsoMaster.Delete() However, if I want to add a new master to an empty stencil (after all masters have been deleted) I do this: Dim vMaster = vsApplication.Documents.Item("test.vss").Masters.Add() This produces an empty master in the stencil. Now, if I...

I Open email, hit Reply and it sends several emails with no message.
Hello, I open my email, hit Reply and before I can write anything it sends the email out with no message. Usually this happens twice and the third time it will wait until I write the message and click Send. I'm sure it's annoying to the person receiving this. Can you tell me how to fix this? Thanks!!! -- tms Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com Are you hitting Alt-S ? That will send the email. Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate 64 http://download.live.com/wlmail "tms" wrote in message news:tms.4e5n4e@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com... ...

My "Undo" button is grayed out.
Don't know if I should have said "gray" or "grey", but my "undo button" remains grayed out even though I'm entering data in and selecting cells. There is also no "Redo" button. Is there some setting for this that I'm unaware of? Thanks inadvance. There are lots of things that can reset the undo/redo stacks. You could have run a macro (or an event macro could have fired). You could have saved the workbook. There's a setting in the windows registry that tells excel how many undo levels to keep track of--maybe it was set to 0. xl2k...

Customising page numbers
How can I change the starting number of a Publisher document. I have a long document that is saved in 3 separate files and want to make the numbering continuous across all three. -- L Greenwold Start your new document and use Insert|Section. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "L Greenwold" <LGreenwold@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A15B0626-3336-4459-8335-705BCF5AAC9E@microsoft.com... > How can I change the starting number of a Publisher document. I have a > long > document that is saved in 3 separate files and want to make the numb...

Q: regarding voting buttons...
Hi, One question :) Is it possible to make 3 votingbuttons (24/12, 25/12 or 26/12) where if I choose 24/12, it writes in/books my calendar at the same time. I hope this makes sense? :-) Cheers /Rico No one knows or? Cheers /Rico >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >One question :) > >Is it possible to make 3 votingbuttons (24/12, 25/12 or >26/12) where if I choose 24/12, it writes in/books my >calendar at the same time. > >I hope this makes sense? :-) > >Cheers >/Rico >. > ...

Macro Button Password
Hi, Can someone please help with this query, I'm trying to password protect a macro. When I use the following it will ask the user for a password and ******* will be displayed in the input box, however when the user types in their password it is visible to all. How do I change this so that the users password is displayed as ****** when entered Dim MyPassword MyPassword = InputBox("Please enter a valid password", "Password Prompt", "********") Many thanks Hi Steve Not possible with a inputbox Create a small userform with a textbox See the PasswordC...

Excel Buttons
I have set up some buttons in excel but want to be able to select more than one (instead of only one at a time). help. If you have buttons from the Forms toolbar, can you just click on the first and ctrl-click on the subsequent. If the buttons are from the control toolbox toolbar, you'll have to be in design mode first (also an icon on that toolbar). (This is to line them up -- or something to do with design???) Colleen wrote: > > I have set up some buttons in excel but want to be able to select more than > one (instead of only one at a time). help. -- Dave Peterson Wh...

Adding a button to a Wizard
I must be overlooking something really simple, but I just cannot see it... I have a wizard project in which I'd like to create a CButton dynamically for the main "sheet". The button may exist on all subsequent pages swapped in, or could be hidden. I get the button to appear (it gets drawn over a bitmap background), and it does respond to the enter key (when in focus) as my OnMyButton method gets called. However, clicking it with the mouse doesn't get me anything? I create the button as follows, for reference: aRect.SetRect(20,540,80,600); m_TestSheetBtn.CreateEx( NULL, ...

No Send Button #4
On my desktop pc at home I have Office 2003 Professional. When I initially installed Office I did not elect to use Outlook as my email program, but rather OE. Now, I want to use Outlook. From Outlook, I imported all my OE folders. I set up a new email account. From the Control Panel, Mail, I selected Outlook as my default email program. In Outlook I decided to compose an email. There is no Send button. Under the File menu, there is no "New Message" item selected. When I hover over the "New" button icon it shows "new message" in the tool tip. I can use the...

text over shapes
Is it possible to have text from a cell overlap a transparent/gradient filled rectangle shape? Zack, Not sure if this is what you really want by did you know that you can give a shape a formula that displays the value of a cell? You can do this from the formula with the shape selected or here is a sample from code... Sub MakeShape() ActiveSheet.Shapes.AddShape(msoShapeOval, 1, 25, 200, 50).Select With Selection .Formula = "$A$1" .AutoSize = True .ShapeRange.Fill.ForeColor.SchemeColor = 26 .ShapeRange.Fill.Transparency = 0.33 End With ...

Blinking Text?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00A6_01C3849C.2CF1BAF0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I'm trying to find a way (without using VBA) of formatting a cell in = such a way that it flashes or does other groovy things. In Word XP there are special text effects which include blinking. fading = in/out etc......... I'm running Excel XP Does anyone know of an add-in or other simple way of doing this OR = getting other extra formats ------=_NextPart_000_00A6_01C3849C.2CF1BAF0 Content-Typ...

Reply to All includes me
Hi. We recently moved Exchange mail organisations and have been getting an annoying problem since the move. In Outlook, if I click 'Reply to All' on an e-mail sent by someone outside of our mail organisation the e-mail generated includes my address in the To list. This doesn't happen for internally generated e-mails. I have done some testing and re-installing Outlook doesn't fix this issue, nor does removing the services and profile. Formatting the computer and installing Outlook from scratch does fix it. Therefore, the problem is with the settings on the comput...