Custom Forms/Macros to Automate Journal Entry

I know everyone is probably tired of my Journal questions.  I realize no-one
uses this (at least I don't see many questions about it here), but I think
it is a great tool, and could be much better with a few tweaks.  Until MS
comes up with these tweaks, I will have to figure out how to come up with
them on my own/with everyone's help here.

Anyway....

I am looking for a way to create a macro that will open a journal entry,
make it for a specific type of entry, start the timer automatically when the
form is opened.  For instance, I am placing a phonecall (bad example as the
journal entry default is phone call, but work with me).  I run a macro
(maybe assign a button on the menu bar for this macro ?possible?) for this
specific type of task and the timer starts immediately.  While I am placing
my call, I am filling in the info on the form (i.e. contact, subject, notes,
etc), but the timer is already running.  Would also like to consider this
for other types of journal entries, such as a phonecall to a specific
contact, a task with a specific subject or category, etc. etc.  Would be
great to use the standard journal form, just fill in specific info by
creating a macro/custom form, etc. etc.

I may be asking for alot, but would appreciate any input.

Thanks!

Tom Pratt
Office Manager
Florida Industrial Electric, Inc.
407.331.1551
tom.pratt@fie-inc.com

0
tom.pratt (5)

This is what your basic macro would look like:

Sub StartPhoneCall()
    Dim objJournal As Outlook.JournalItem
    Set objJournal = Application.CreateItem(olJournalItem)
    With objJournal
        .Type = "Phone Call"
        .Start = Now
        .Display
        .StartTimer
    End With
    Set objJournal = Nothing
End Sub

If you're new to Outlook VBA macros, these web pages should help you get
started:

http://www.winnetmag.com/Articles/Index.cfm?ArticleID=21522&pg=1
http://www.outlookcode.com/d/vb.htm

Next time, please pick just one group to post in, instead of crossposting to
a lot of groups that aren't terribly relevant to your issue. FYI, there is a
newsgroup specifically for general Outlook programming issues "down the
hall" at microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

"omfie" <tom.pratt@fie-inc.com> wrote in message
> I know everyone is probably tired of my Journal questions.  I realize
no-one
> uses this (at least I don't see many questions about it here), but I think
> it is a great tool, and could be much better with a few tweaks.  Until MS
> comes up with these tweaks, I will have to figure out how to come up with
> them on my own/with everyone's help here.
>
> Anyway....
>
> I am looking for a way to create a macro that will open a journal entry,
> make it for a specific type of entry, start the timer automatically when
the
> form is opened.  For instance, I am placing a phonecall (bad example as
the
> journal entry default is phone call, but work with me).  I run a macro
> (maybe assign a button on the menu bar for this macro ?possible?) for this
> specific type of task and the timer starts immediately.  While I am
placing
> my call, I am filling in the info on the form (i.e. contact, subject,
notes,
> etc), but the timer is already running.  Would also like to consider this
> for other types of journal entries, such as a phonecall to a specific
> contact, a task with a specific subject or category, etc. etc.  Would be
> great to use the standard journal form, just fill in specific info by
> creating a macro/custom form, etc. etc.
>
> I may be asking for alot, but would appreciate any input.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Tom Pratt
> Office Manager
> Florida Industrial Electric, Inc.
> 407.331.1551
> tom.pratt@fie-inc.com

0
suemvp (4039)

Cell patterns and Cell entries
I need to know how to make this coding run differant If for instance Part 1 (see coding Part 1) the user enters an X (Has to be an X no other type of charator)in Cell F22 or F23 which turns Cells F14 and F16 red. Now the user enters a Last name in Cell F14 that cell turns back to normal color. Then they enter a First name in Cell F16 that Cell turns back to a normal color. If they take out the name in either Cell that cell turns red again. If they take the X out of Cell F22 and F23 the Cells F14 an F16 turm to normal color. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) R...

sort macro help
Cells.Select Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("E1"), Order1:=xlDescending, Header:=xlNo, _ OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom End Sub Anyone know why this macro would stop everytime? dzelnio Sub foo() Cells.Select Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("E1"), Order1:=xlDescending, Header:=xlNo, _ OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom End Sub Works for me. What do you mean by "stop"? Any error message or? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 12:13:13 -0700, dzelnio <dzelnio@yahoo.c...

Custom Entity Relationship CRM 3.0

Macro
Hi, I have this database from column C to T and row 4 onwards. What I hope to achieve is to copy the entire row from C to T to another sheet (similarly from Column C to T and row 4 onwards) if the cell for that row in Column L is "Lost Case". At the same time, the selected rows to be copied in the original sheet should be deleted after being copied. Another consideration is that new data will be added to the original sheet from time to time and thus the database might expand or shrink (after being copied and delete, and the addition or new data). Thus, when the macr...

Custom toolbar and macros

Word Form Send To function dropping activeX controls
Hey all...new to the forum but i have a question i hope can be answere here. I work in a large Telecom/IP/Voice network managment center and we hav recently implemented a "network report" that needs to be completed b each shift telling the next shift what the overall health of th network, and alerting the next crew to any potential issues. Problem is this. I have 3 checkboxes at the top of the form t indicate what shift the form is for. We edit the form in Word and the file>send to mail recipient, and the text shows up but the check boxe are gone. If i send as attachment the...

toolbar customization

Remove macro is greyed out
I want to remove a sort macro that I made which is in a workbook that I made. When I go Tools|Macro|Macros I see the macro but the delete button is greyed. How can I remove the macro? Beemer Sometimes, the project is protected by the developer. But if you created the macro, then you know if you protected that project. Did you? Do you get prompted for a password when you try to access the project (inside the VBE)? Beemer wrote: > > I want to remove a sort macro that I made which is in a workbook that I > made. When I go Tools|Macro|Macros I see the macro but the delete ...

modal options. my form open behind the form.
Hi. In the switchboad I have two buttons to open my FormA. From Form A can open FormB. Those two buttons in switchboard. has different methods to open FormA. Button1 opens the form in Add mode. Button2 opens the form in Edit mode with data. In the FormA I can insert records in a table. After I insert a record on FormA I press button that in there, called Button3. When I press Button3 from FormA I open FormB. My problem is that when I open FormA in Add mode the FormB opens behind FormA but if I open FormA in Edit mode the FormB opens in Front/ onTop of FormA. What can I do to make F...

Access 2007 FORM Copy
How do you copy a FORM from one table to another table (identically structured) in the same ACCESS 2007 database? The copies I'm making now stay associated with the original database and I don't see how to make them relate to the second table. Thanks. Dennis, You seem to mix up the things a little. Do you make a copy of a form in the same database and want it to be connected to table two? In that case change the recordsource of the form in designview and set it to the second table. If you have to do this in another database the technique is basicly the same... -- Maurice Aus...

Entry data sheet automaticlly updates or adds data to differant sh
I have a workbook with several sheets these sheets are all the same eccept for the title. Colunms are Name, heat one, heat two, heat three, total. then I have a sheet that the colunms are Name, total How can I make the last sheet with the Name, and total more automatated. I would like for the Name colunm to be a dropdown of some sort to where it looks at all the other sheets for names when you see the name you want you click it. it then fills in the field with that name and puts the total from the sheet where the name came from in the total field. I could provide the xls file if ...

Learning to use macros
Hi, I work as a purchasing assitant and after using excel for many years just discovered macros can make my life so much easier when: 1)placing purchase orders i.e. inputting date, changing order number, entering quantity, emailing it to relevant suppliers, changing company name etc 2) using macros I can predict when I will be out of stock as the figure in a cell will be highlighted in red so I can view all red type cells or minus figures only However as I do not know any thing about them I wondered if you guys can help: 1) whats the best and simplest ways to learn basic macros that can ...

combo box on unbound form
Hi, I have an unbound form, frmClients, interacting with class Clients. On the form I have a combo box, cboNationality, based on tblNationalities but I can't make it work. Do I need to also create a class for nationalities and then create a parent child relationship with class Client? I am new to classes, this is my first attempt, and so far I have really followed a recipe from a book. Unfortunately the book doesn't explain what happens in this case. Thanks in advance, George Sounds like you need a TABLE of clients (and a bound form) why are you using a class? "George&quo...

Customize Does not WOrk

How to display HTML in Custom Task Pane

XY Scatter with Custom Labels

Customer Report

DoCmd.TransferDatabase import "FORMS"
I am trying to import new forms into a database using the following vb code. Of course it doesn't work. Any help here would really be appreicated; DoCmd.TransferDatabase acImport, "Microsoft Access", "C:\Folder\DBname.mdb", acForm, "FrmName, frmName" Thanks -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200710/1 "FrmName, frmName" should be FrmName, frmName Pieter "CWH via AccessMonster.com" <u31211@uwe> wrote in message news:7a119afee29c8@uwe... >I am trying to import ne...

Custom X-axis

GPS Customization Query

change local customer to global customer
I am trying to change the local customers that i have in my store database to global customers in hq I ran this querie in store administrator UPDATE Customer SET GlobalCustomer = 1 Then ran worksheet 401 in hq, but the customers did not update, then worksheet 350. Can someone help? Had the same issue ... this worked for me - need to set globalcustomer = 1; need to set lastupdated = getdate(*); need to set storeid = 'xxxx' (whatever is appropriate for you). Go into SO Manager and configure ENABLE GLOBAL CUSTOMERS and NEW CUSTOMERS DEFAULT AS GLOBAL. Need to run 401 TWICE (once...