Custom Form to Redirect Mail to Sharepoint (WSS 3)

Hey folks,

I've read articles on setting up incoming email, but unfortunately,
those alone doesn't quite address the issue I have at hand.

My sales team wants to be able to re-route emails to a WSS 3.0 list of
corporate contacts.  The goal is to be able to automatically see email
correspondence with a contact at the click (or 2 clicks) of a button.
Presently, they acheive this with Salesforce.com, but we're planning
on kicking that service to the curb and using WSS exclusively for our
sales and delivery pipeline.

We're presently running a one-server Windows 2003 environment that has
AD, Exchange, and WSS 3.0 all installed in one place.  That creates
problems when dealing with Implementation 1, below, but I've found
solutions for creating a new SMTP server elsewhere on this forum.

Implementation 1 - Use WSS's built-in Incoming Mail feature:
I imagine I'd have to create a custom form in Outlook 2003 (our
currently installed version on all machines) that would allow the user
to perform a WSS contact list DB lookup and click a button to route
the mail to the WSS email doc library with the appropriate metadata.
Unfortunately, the alternative of creating a separate doc library for
each contact isn't feasible, as there are a few hundred listings.

Implementation 2 - Ad-hoc workaround:
Another idea is extending the previously-described Outlook form to
save the email as a .txt document directly to the WSS doc library,
appending the proper metadata for easy searching/sorting.  This way, I
don't have to deal with configuring a separate SMTP server or AD
contacts.  We're really only concerned with the email's text, anyway,
so text files with metadata seem to satisfy the requirements here.
Bad idea?

Has anyone implemented something like this previously so I don't kill
myself reinventing the wheel?  It seems like a pretty common issue
that developers would face, hence my query.  And I might be getting a
bit ahead of myself, as I haven't looked into creating custom forms in
Outlook at all yet...my "solutions" might just be pipe dreams at this
point!

I know that Exchange and Office 2007 have all sorts of neat new
features that seamlessly integrate with MOSS 2007, but we don't have
the budget for ANY of that new software (or extra hardware).  I'm
painted into a corner with WSS 3.0, Exchange and Office 2003 on ONE
server.  Any help that you can provide is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!
John

Custom Entity Relationship CRM 3.0

Custom toolbar and macros

Word Form Send To function dropping activeX controls
Hey all...new to the forum but i have a question i hope can be answere here. I work in a large Telecom/IP/Voice network managment center and we hav recently implemented a "network report" that needs to be completed b each shift telling the next shift what the overall health of th network, and alerting the next crew to any potential issues. Problem is this. I have 3 checkboxes at the top of the form t indicate what shift the form is for. We edit the form in Word and the file>send to mail recipient, and the text shows up but the check boxe are gone. If i send as attachment the...

toolbar customization

Windows live mail 04-29-10
When I try to forward to mult. addresses I get an error 0x800CCC69. How do I fix this -- Dave That's not the complete error message. Right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply = here. We can't do much troubleshooting without the complete error message.=20 --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:760D8183-31E0-4EC3-AE90-C4806B8A03D2@microsoft.com... > When I try to forward to mult. addresses I get an...

modal options. my form open behind the form.
Hi. In the switchboad I have two buttons to open my FormA. From Form A can open FormB. Those two buttons in switchboard. has different methods to open FormA. Button1 opens the form in Add mode. Button2 opens the form in Edit mode with data. In the FormA I can insert records in a table. After I insert a record on FormA I press button that in there, called Button3. When I press Button3 from FormA I open FormB. My problem is that when I open FormA in Add mode the FormB opens behind FormA but if I open FormA in Edit mode the FormB opens in Front/ onTop of FormA. What can I do to make F...

importing e mail data into calender
how do i set e mail to auto import all calender appointment request e mails directly into my calender?? -- sg Microsoft sez: "Soon after a meeting request arrives in your Inbox, a piece of Outlook code — nicknamed the "sniffer" — automatically adds the meeting to your calendar and marks it as tentative. This is a fail-safe to keep you from missing the meeting in case you don't see the request in your Inbox. However, the sniffer doesn't reply to the meeting organizer. You still need to do that by accepting, accepting as tentative, or declining the re...

configuring exchange to accept mail for a different domain
Hi Folks, Can i configure exchange 2003 to accept mail for a different domain as well as the domain in AD. I need to set it up to allow it accept mail for i.e info@test.com when my domain is testing.com. ANy ideas would be greatly appreciated In the management MMC: <SiteName>--->Recipients-->Recipient Policy-->Properties of Default Policy Select Email Addresses Tab Click "New" Choose "SMTP Address" Enter "@test.com" Leave the checkbox "checked" (Exchange ... is responsible for...) Click OK All Done. -- Phillip Windell [MC...

Access 2007 FORM Copy
How do you copy a FORM from one table to another table (identically structured) in the same ACCESS 2007 database? The copies I'm making now stay associated with the original database and I don't see how to make them relate to the second table. Thanks. Dennis, You seem to mix up the things a little. Do you make a copy of a form in the same database and want it to be connected to table two? In that case change the recordsource of the form in designview and set it to the second table. If you have to do this in another database the technique is basicly the same... -- Maurice Aus...

Runnign MS CRM 3.0 Workflow services in a Cluster
Hi We are having 2 CRM Web server in a Cluster, pointing to single DB server. These servers are NLB. Currently we are running Workflow services only from one server. We wanted to run this service from both CRM web servers. Is there any known Issues with running workflow service from multiple servers. As I understand every workflow instance is tied up with CRM web server from where it is gets triggered and such workflow instance can only be executed from that web server. Any information in this case is appreciated Thanks Mak ...

combo box on unbound form
Hi, I have an unbound form, frmClients, interacting with class Clients. On the form I have a combo box, cboNationality, based on tblNationalities but I can't make it work. Do I need to also create a class for nationalities and then create a parent child relationship with class Client? I am new to classes, this is my first attempt, and so far I have really followed a recipe from a book. Unfortunately the book doesn't explain what happens in this case. Thanks in advance, George Sounds like you need a TABLE of clients (and a bound form) why are you using a class? "George&quo...

Customize Does not WOrk

Exchange reporting #3
Hello, I have an exchange server 03, sp2. Does anyone know of a freebie program I can use to pull exchange stats. I am looking mostly for number of users, mailbox size and number of messages contained within. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. I have tried a few pruchase programs in demo mode, namely messagestats and promodag. Haven't had much luck running them actually they are limited in demo mode. Perfmon is free. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Dustin Fulmer" <DustinFulmer@discussions.microso...

How to display HTML in Custom Task Pane

Exchange 5.5 MTA e-mail stuck problem
Dear All, please help our exchange MTA always stuck e-mail in server. We have 4 exchange servers in 3 sites. The problem always in 2 servers. please see below setting server1 ( Window 4.0sp6a & Exchange 5.5sp4) server2 (Window 2000sp4 & exchange 5.5 sp4_ server3 ( window NT 4.0sp6a & exchange 5.5 sp4 ) server4 (window 2000 sp4 & exchange 5.5 sp4) Sever1 & server2 is same network server3 & server4 in oversea Our problem always keep server2 with server3 & server4. We can ping to server3 and server4, we also use "net user //server3 ipc$" command. Pl...

Auto Collect Data via e-mail
Hi, everyone: I'm a new Access user. I created a simple tracking system for several projects under the Project Management template (the best option). Basically, I would like to gather data/status report from all the sections, but not all projects have the same frequency. I would like to set access to automatically collect the information via e-mail through the "Collect Data" program, but I can't find the option for set any automation. I've read a lot of the threads and did not see anything similar. Help. Thanks. Rico In the macros, there'...

XY Scatter with Custom Labels

Mails are not downloading to outlook from exchange server
Hi I have configured outlook2003 to my exchange server. Im getting login screen, It is keep on trying to download the mails from my server and finally it gives the error, Exchange server unavailable My Exchange server also 2003 version. The client side I'm using windowsXP is the OS and office 2003. Mails are Not downloading. But I installed windows 2000 and office2003 ..the same id was working fine also I installed windows Xp and officeXp .the same id was working fine.. But Mails are not downloading only If I install windows Xp and office 2003. I have tried cached mode and...

Mail aliases on a stand-alone server
Hi! I have deployed Exchange 2003 on a Windows 2003 AD. I want to set up in DMZ another server which is not member of this Active Directory domain. My purpose to set up an anti-spam software on this new server. Anti-spam software can check for spams if it knows the mail aliases on Exchange. Because this server is not the member of AD it cannot know which mail aliases exist on Exchange. How can I tell to this stand-alone server which mail aliases exist on Exchange? Is there any tool? Solution? Best Regards Mustafa "mustafa" <mustafa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >...

DoCmd.TransferDatabase import "FORMS"
I am trying to import new forms into a database using the following vb code. Of course it doesn't work. Any help here would really be appreicated; DoCmd.TransferDatabase acImport, "Microsoft Access", "C:\Folder\DBname.mdb", acForm, "FrmName, frmName" Thanks -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200710/1 "FrmName, frmName" should be FrmName, frmName Pieter "CWH via AccessMonster.com" <u31211@uwe> wrote in message news:7a119afee29c8@uwe... >I am trying to import ne...

Outlook E-Mail Encryption Problem
Outlook (2002) refuses to encrypt an e-mail message to a client who uses Lotus Notes R5 in Win 2000, even though in the client's Internet Explorer: Tools/Internet Options/Content/Certificates dialog, both her certificate (on the Personal Tab) and our certificate (on the Other People Tab) are present and have the correct serial numbers. On our system, Outlook will send her messages "signed" but will not allow encryption. (We have exchanged keys with her and are using her public key in Outlook). Something in Outlook is preventing encryption ... does anybody know what that might ...