Custom Contact Activities

Is there a way to add custom entries to the contact activities section?
 It looks like Outlook simply searches different 'folders' looking for
references to the contact.  Is there a way you could search another
database or datasource somehow?

I am storing activities that are related to a contact in another system
and would love to be able to display them in Outlook.

Thanks,

Tom

0
tdietz1 (4)

Only if the database table were exposed as an Outlook folder (see =
http://www.outlookcode.com/d/database.htm#tools), since Activities scans =
only folders.=20

--=20
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
  =20
"Tom" <tdietz@gmail.com> wrote in message =
> Is there a way to add custom entries to the contact activities =
section?
> It looks like Outlook simply searches different 'folders' looking for
> references to the contact.  Is there a way you could search another
> database or datasource somehow?
>=20
> I am storing activities that are related to a contact in another =
system
> and would love to be able to display them in Outlook.
>=20
> Thanks,
>=20
> Tom

0
suemvp (4038)

Custom Entity Relationship CRM 3.0

Contact Set Up for Personal Use
I use Outlook 2003 and was wondering if there is a better way to set up my contacts for personal use. For example, our family has another family in our address book. There are multiple contacts with multiple email addresses and phone numbers for the other family, although they are all at the same mailing address which I use when I send a Christmas card or something. Rather than having four separate contacts, is there a way to combine it into one and still be able to find the members' information that are the primary contact? I guess this would be like finding staff members within a com...

Custom toolbar and macros

toolbar customization

Customize Does not WOrk

How to display HTML in Custom Task Pane

XY Scatter with Custom Labels

Customer Report

How to customize column width in Ressource Usage report ?
Hi, When printing the Workload, Ressource Usage report, some of the durations are stated as #####.##. I tried to make the font smaller but it did'ent help. How do I make the report readable? I am using MS Project 2007 SP2. Br Bertrand If you goto Reports, Custom you can see all of the built-in reports and you can see what they are made of and you will see that they use a filter and a table (and other settings and stuff). The column width of each field is a property of the table. Find the report that you are interested in, then find the table that it uses, then e...

business contact manager w/ outlook 2003
would really like to sync with pocket pc - any suggestions? ...

Custom X-axis

GPS Customization Query

change local customer to global customer
I am trying to change the local customers that i have in my store database to global customers in hq I ran this querie in store administrator UPDATE Customer SET GlobalCustomer = 1 Then ran worksheet 401 in hq, but the customers did not update, then worksheet 350. Can someone help? Had the same issue ... this worked for me - need to set globalcustomer = 1; need to set lastupdated = getdate(*); need to set storeid = 'xxxx' (whatever is appropriate for you). Go into SO Manager and configure ENABLE GLOBAL CUSTOMERS and NEW CUSTOMERS DEFAULT AS GLOBAL. Need to run 401 TWICE (once...

Utility to convert signatures to contacts
I spend too much time creating new Outlook contacts from email signatures, dragging info line by line into the Outlook form. Is there a utility that smartly starts to populate the contact form to speed up the process? BTW I am usin XP with Outlook 2003. Thanks Sure, there are several. See http://www.slipstick.com/addins/contacts_entry.asp for Address Grabber and others. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-requ...

customize public folder
Hi, I have exchange server 2003, on a windows 2003 server environment. 1) I want to remove or hide the "favorites" folder under the public folder tree? 2) May I not to use the existing public folder tree structure? Public folder --> All Public folders --> (Company contacts) Public folder --> (Company contacts) Thanks, On Tue, 30 May 2006 15:32:25 +0800, "Classmate" <NoEmailAddress@abc.com.hk> wrote: >Hi, > > > > I have exchange server 2003, on a windows 2003 server environment. > > > >1)...

Custom ActiveX control fails on release build
Some time ago I created simple custom control (.ocx) using Visual Basic 6. Recently I decided to also use my control in VC++ apps. VB: Using the ActiveX Control Interface Wizard and the Property Page Wizard I added the appropriate handlers and a simple property page to change the appearance, border, colors, and fonts. Nothing special there. VC: The control was installed and registered on the test machine through the installer and is located in the system folder. On the development machine the application runs fine and the new control works great. On the test machine the dialog box fail...

Custom colors
I hope someone can help me out on this one please! I mixed a few new colors using RGB that I want applied to certain cells on a spreadsheet that will be shared among many users. The problem is, I noticed that setting RGB only changes the color pallette and if the user resets or changes their color pallette, then my colors are all reset on the spreadsheet (and they look bad!). Apparently its all linked by the color index? i.e. If the user changes their color index, that change updates the spreadsheet color. Is there is foolproof (or at least better) way of applying custom shading t...

auto fill in customer when contact selected
Hello, I hope Bertil reads this :) or someone with the same knowledge :) In a case when a user selects a contact is it possible to auto fill in the customer related to the contact?? Any help mucho appreciated. You can do this using javascript. onchange function of the field. -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "Ian" wrote: > Hello, > > I hope Bertil reads this :) or someone with the same knowledge :) > > In a case when a user selects a contact...

How do I create the correct size/type custom icon for custom entit
Can any one tell me what exactly do I need to do to create a custom entity icon. I know how to upload the file but how do I create the file in the first place. I have done this using Paint but it always appears as truncated or clipped around the side or far too small. Thanks for your help You can use paint to create icons - but MS recommends that the files cannot be bigger the 10 Kb and should have transparency for best resuls. To draw a transparent image in MS Paint, on the Image menu, click Draw Opaque and make sure the check mark does not appear next to it. Hope this helps. I...

SOS! how do I write a customized function to do multiple-value lookup in Excel 2007?
I have two regions in exact same places of sheet 1 and sheet 2, I want to find all cells in the region in sheet 1, with cell content equal to 0, and then add the numbers at the corresponding locations in the region in sheet 2 up. For example, let's say in the region in sheet 1, there are multiple locations where the cell content = 0: A1, B3, C4, D2, etc... I would like to obtain sum(sheet2!A1, sheet2!B3, sheet2!C4, sheet2! D2), etc. How do I do that? I want to write a user customized function for that: The regions in sheet1 and sheet2 are fixed to be D7 to Z20. So the first step is to fi...

Customizations not working
I added a few items to the industry drop-down box for Accounts and Leads. I save them, but they do not show up under the account's drop-down menus. If I go back into the settings, they are there. Am I missing a step? Tareef Hi Tareff - You need to publish you customizations via deployment manager And once you have published the customisations, run IISRESET on the CRM server "warrior2k@gmail.com" wrote: > Hi Tareff - > > You need to publish you customizations via deployment manager > > Hi, Using Deployment Manager, publish your contents, Also take the ...