Current Views heading under My Contacts

I am trying to make the "current view" in the Navigation Pane show up.  It
shows "My Contacts" then should have a list of Current View below it....
(Address Card, Deltailed Address Cards, Phone list, Catagory, Company etc)
and then "Open Shared Contacts Customize Current Views" below that.

The check lists of Current Views is not visable...  any idea what I have
done or not done to be able to use these buttons....  make it simple I really
am green at this.  Having fun though!

--
robbie
0

It's on the Advanced toolbar. View  | Toolbars.

--
Judy Gleeson  - MVP Outlook
Acorn Training and Consulting

"robbie" <robbie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to make the "current view" in the Navigation Pane show up.  It
> shows "My Contacts" then should have a list of Current View below it....
> (Address Card, Deltailed Address Cards, Phone list, Catagory, Company etc)
> and then "Open Shared Contacts Customize Current Views" below that.
>
> The check lists of Current Views is not visable...  any idea what I have
> done or not done to be able to use these buttons....  make it simple I
really
> am green at this.  Having fun though!
>
> --
> robbie

0
judy (62)
6/16/2006 7:37:17 AM
Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 SP2
Part of Microsoft Office Edition 2003 for Students and Teachers
My email is web based (I hope that is what you mean) not AOL

In the Contact mode of Microsoft Outlook - In what is refered to in the
Outlook for Dummies book as the Navigaion pane... on the left side of the
screen where you can select Mail, Calendar, Contacts etc.....  I am not able
to see the Current Views...  I did as you said and selected Advanced tool bar
but nothing appears in the area below MY CONTACTS.  I am afraid I am not
being clear.

When I select Tasks....  I have, Simple List, Detailed List, Active List,
Next Seven Days.... etc.

If I select Contacts....  I should be able to see Address Cards, Detailed
Address Cards, Phone List, By Catagorie..... etc.  This is not visible and I
have not been able to figure out where to turn it on.  In the Dummies book
they just assume you can see it.... so don't explain what to do if you can't
see it.

I really appreciate the help....  so thanks in advance.
Robbie

--
robbie

"Judy Gleeson MVP - Outlook" wrote:

> It's on the Advanced toolbar. View  | Toolbars.
>
> --
> Judy Gleeson  - MVP Outlook
> Acorn Training and Consulting
> Canberra, Australia
> www.acorntraining.com.au
> When you post in here, always include your version, SP level, and mode (if
> applicable) of Outlook - you can find this information in Help | About. Also
> include the type of mail account(s) you use and any other pertinent details.
> Be sure to put a concise summary of your question in the subject line, and
> the full details in the body of your post.
>

> "robbie" <robbie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I am trying to make the "current view" in the Navigation Pane show up.  It
> > shows "My Contacts" then should have a list of Current View below it....
> > (Address Card, Deltailed Address Cards, Phone list, Catagory, Company etc)
> > and then "Open Shared Contacts Customize Current Views" below that.
> >
> > The check lists of Current Views is not visable...  any idea what I have
> > done or not done to be able to use these buttons....  make it simple I
> really
> > am green at this.  Having fun though!
> >
> > --
> > robbie

0
robbie1 (19)

How to create new Contacts form and have it apply to current conta
I can create a custom contact form by following http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA012106101033.aspx?mode=print But how do I apply the new form to my current contacts ? For example, if I want a Car Phone field in my new form I want to be able to go back to my current names I have in my Contacts folder and see the Car Phone field. Thanks for any help. See http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/publish_form.htm - end of page. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com...

path to dll currently executing
How would I obtain the path to the DLL which contains the code which is currently executing ? This is a Web Services project, and so the \bin\ folder is obviously at a different path design-time v run-time. Thanks. On 1/6/2010 9:12 PM, John Grandy wrote: > How would I obtain the path to the DLL which contains the code which is > currently executing ? > > This is a Web Services project, and so the \bin\ folder is obviously at a > different path design-time v run-time. > > Thanks. > > System.Reflection.Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly().Locati...

Issue finding contacts
Hi all, I have Entourage 2004, version 11.1.0 There's a thing that bugs me a lot, and I wonder of someone knows any remedy: When I add something to the calendar, e.g. an appointment, and I want to link the contact details from Entourage's address book to the reminder, it's pretty gruesome to find the contact in question as there's no way to search for it in the dialog window that opens, and the contacts seems to be sorted more or less at random, or in alphabetic sorted "blocks" or not at all. Are there ways to make it easier finding the right contact? TIA J...

Current Cost
On the Item Maintenance screen, there is a spot for current cost. Is this cost the last price used to purchase an item? Also, how is this field calculated? "Ryan" wrote: > On the Item Maintenance screen, there is a spot for current cost. Is this > cost the last price used to purchase an item? Hi Ryan. The current cost is calculated based on the valuation method. If you hit Help (F1) off the item card, go to the fields help, and check under valuation method, there is info to get you started. Hope this helps, Maria. "Ryan" wrote: > On the Item Maintenance ...

Contact Associated view
Hi, I want to have inactive contact in the contact associated view. I know I had it in a 3.0 version. I thought it was standard in the application, but now that I want to implement that in another project, I don't find any way to do this. Maybe I'm missing something. Val Val, We are having the same issue. It looks like this was removed from CRM 4. the only solution I've found so far is to write a plug-in for every entity that will intercept the grid and allow you to chose to display inactive records. Our problem is that we use inactive records in more than 50 places in our v...

Problems with current currency!
Hi. I found serious problem with currencies handling in MS Money Plus! I set up BASE currency as USD but MS Money still try to use currency specified in locale settings (RUR)! It looks very bad - like MS money able to work only in US locale and only with US currency. :-( I have made lot of experiments - uninstalled MS money, installed again, killed databases, created it from scratch, tried different variants of settings... unfortunately - without positive effect. Even if I setp 1 setp forward it finally crashed on the one of next steps or put wrong currency to the invoice. :-((( I...

Views using Negations
Hello, Does anyone know how to create a view using negations? For example, how do you go about creating a view that shows: Accounts WITHOUT opportunities in the past 30/60/90 days? Is this possible or are we forced to write a custom report? Thanks for the help! I'm afraid you need a custom report. These types of queries cannot be implemented in Advanced Find -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk Blog: http://mscrmuk.blogspot.com/ "MDV1457" wrote: > Hello, > Does anyone know how to create a view using negations? For exam...

Contact info changed and old address still come up
I am using Microsoft Outlook 2003 and have changed in the address book an e-mail address, but when I type the name, the old e-mail address still pops-up. I deleted completely the old contract, and made a new one and still the old one comes up...I have no clue to where I need to go to delete the old address...Any idea anyone? You are confusing your Contacts with your nickname list. Are you choosing from the drop down list that appears when you start typing an address? Highlight the incorrect entry and delete it. "Marie" <Marie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

Change format in views?
Hi all, Our customer would like to customize the text format in the Accounts view, depending on the attribute values of each Account. Ie: if an account has an attribute named "satisfied" with the values True or False, they would like to change the color of the Account name in the list view to green if value is True or red if value is False. I've managed to change the color of the account name when the accounts are opened separetely, but not in the list view "My Accounts". Does anyone know if this is possible? Thanks in advance Johan On Oct 12, 3:36=A0am, Jobr...

Month calendar view
I am using Outlook 2003 SP3 under XP Pro. I like my calendars to start the week on Sunday. In calendar view the mini-months on the left side of the screen start on Sunday but I am a loss as to how to make the main calendar start so. Any ideas, please? My weeks are already set to Sunday start. TIA John Disable compressed weekends - right click on the calendar grid and choose other settings. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscri...

Address book and contacts with ACT
I utilized ACT 6 and all my contacts are listed in address book. The problem is not with the listing, but with the data displayed in the address book. I need ACT and OUtlook to supply contact numbers as well as the name, company, ..... into the address book. Is there an option I can choose to tell the address book to show numbers as well as names and email addresses? the reason I need this functionlity is that I am syncing my outlook contact list with my cell phone. TIA Joe ...

Viewing date and time received for messages in Outlook Express
My Outlook Express has the incoming messages in my Inbox under colums for flagged, attachments, priority, Sender and Subject. I need to have the date/time received show up across the header bar with these other choices....how do I do that?? Right click on the column, select Columns - add it from the list. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, H asked: | My Outlook Express has the...

Contacts from AD in GAL
Hi, I want to publish the contacts I have inserted independently into my AD via the (or a) GAL. The first I noted, was that there seems to be no way to bypass the filter rule (mailNickname=*) So I simply added a mailNickname to my contacts, only to find out that this fires the recipient policy fires and the e-mail address is replaced by a generated address. This obviously renders the entire contact useless. I can see no way to exclude contacts with a mailNickname from this recipient policy. Any suggestions? Help in advance, Wiebe Cnossen ...

Not current record
Hi I am new to Access so please help. I have a form (frmAttendance) and within this form I have a button. This button opens another form (frmTravel). forms!frmAttendance!ssn = forms!frmTravel!ssn and forms!frmAttencance!meet_num = forms!frmTravel!meet_num. This all works great! What the problem is: when I close the frmTravel it does not go back to the current record on frmAttendance. Example: frmAttendance ssn = 777-77-7777 frmAttendance meet_num = 45r45r frmTravel ssn = 777-77-7777 frmTravel meet_num = 45r45r This works great! BUT when closing frmTravel frmTravel ssn = 777-77-777...

How do I get the currently selected mail
I have written a COM addin to add a command bar along with a menu item to MS Outlook. On clicking this menu item I am able to identify the currently selected folder. My approach is as follows: void __stdcall CAddin::OnClickButton(/*IDispa=ADtch*/ Office::_CommandBarButton *Ctrl,VARIANT_BOOL * CancelDefault) { Outlook::MAPIFolder * m_pFolder; CComQIPtr<Office::_CommandBarB=ADutton,&__uuidof(Office::_Comma=ADndBarButt= on)> pCommandBarButton(Ctrl); BSTR fullFolderPath; CComQIPtr <Outlook::_Application> spApp(pApplication); CComPtr<Outlook::_Explorer> spEx...

Subreports not Viewing on one Page
How can I get my subreports on report to print on one page? I have a main report and subreport within the subreport there are 5 reports. When I Printview my main report my subreports show up in the middle of the page at the end of the page on the next page - how can I fix this? I have tried and look at everything available and can't find a fix. Can someone please help me with this? Thank you in advance for any help you can provide. it can be difficult to cram alot of info into one report page....particularly lots of subreports... make sure you have the 'CanShrink' pr...

SQL report to filter for Current user
I am working on a SQL report, and i need to filter the data for the current user logged in to CRM. Something like where current user id = user id of activity. What I am looking for is how to find the current user id. Much thanks in advance! An easier solution is not to build that into the report; simply use the default filter to do that. No coding needed "ilibhart" <ilibhart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92DE3638-A92A-42C8-BDEA-A8686829D249@microsoft.com... >I am working on a SQL report, and i need to filter the data for the current > user l...

Ext. HD previously recognized, currently not
I am running XP SPK3 on an inspiron 8500. It came with XP Pro, SPK's added on later. I have a buslink CO-80-U2FE (firewire/USB 2.0) ext. HD (ext. power source)that originally worked on Windows 98, then later on XP pro up to about SPK2 I think. I have much data archived on it I wish to retrieve. I plug it into USB port as before and my computer does not recognize that anything has been plugged in. I have tried different coords, firewire, and different computer with comparable OS. Buslink site says that it is plug and play with XP on up. Any suggestions on TS steps? On Sun,...

Email cached contacts
I have changed my contacts to another email address which the address book lists correctly but, when I click on the to field and start typing in the users email address the old email addresses still show up. How can I clear the old addresses that seem to be cached some where? Steve Steve, I would check to make sure that the location of where you changing your contacts is the same as the default location for your personal contacts. Example, if you have changed them in the Personal Address book but the default one is listed as Contacts then this may be your issue. To check this open ...

Viewing a Public Folder replica
how do you make outlook see a replica? Rather, I'm not sure how to see the folders that I've replicated from the parent domain to the child domain.... everything looks like it's replicating just fine but how do I make it show up in Outlook 2003? "Dan Klinge" <Yomama@kdkdjkfjdekfjdkfj.com> wrote in message news:OHzcP17QGHA.4740@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > how do you make outlook see a replica? > Or.....should it just show up? "Dan Klinge" <Yomama@kdkdjkfjdekfjdkfj.com> wrote in message news:OHzcP17QGHA.4740@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl....

Exchange 2003 -- modifying GAL view
Upgrading from Exchange 5.5 to 2003. In Exchange 5.5 I believe someone modified the GAL view to allow us to browse the GAL by Country - State and City. This view is very important to people as we are a global company and have over a thousand users. After migrating users to the new server when they click on their Address Book they only have the option to view the whole GAL and don't have the option of filtering it by City. Any ideas how we can accomplish this in Exchange 2003?? Feedback appreciated... Create Address Lists with appropriate LDAP filter. How To Use Address Lists to Orga...

Outlook 2000 IMO contacts problem
Hi, I had to move an employee's office install to a new profile in a new domain, and when I set her e-mail back up, the contacts do not show up when you go to create a new message and pull info from the contacts folder. I have seen this before with OL2002/2003 and know how to remove and add it back in. When I look for info on how to do this on 2000, all I find are articles on MS web site for the Corporate Workgroup version of OL2000, and it says to go to Tools | Services to start, and I guess on the IMO option, there is no Services selection. Can anyone point me to an article ...

File view doesn't list an expected source file
Hi, File view isn't showing a file it should show. One of the last steps needed to add Help support to an existing project is to compile MyProject.hpj. To do this, msdn says that I should go to File view, open the source files list, highlight MyProj.hpj, and then select "Compile MyProject.hpj" in the Build menu. MyProject.hpj is not in the Source files list, thogh. Can someone tell me why it isn't there? The file exists in my project's MyProject\hlp directory as a result of copying the sample project's hlp directory to my project, and renaming the files so th...

Delete a Table not in Current Database
How can I delete a table in a database that is open but is not the current database? Thank you Ross This might be a help for getting data to and from Excel and Access: It includes examples of using variables in SQL queries. http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/sql.html Or you can get there from the "Excel with Access Databases" section on page: http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/examples.htm It demonstrates how to use SQL in Excel's VBA to: * create a database, * create a table * insert records * select records, * update records, * delete records, * delete a table, * delet...

help with views/"list"
Every time I open my computer the files that I was viewing in "list" mode comeup in "small icon" view. Is there a way keep the files inthe view--"list" view as the default? Aany help will be greeatly appreciated. ...