Creating Rules #4

I am trying to create a rule that I can run when I am
away that will respond to incoming e-mail to say that I
am away and when I will be back; as on vacation for
instance. I have followed the wizard through, but at no
point does it take you to any place where you can create
the message. There is a selection to respond with a
standard template, but still there is not message
creation and I end with the generic file, mail.oft. I was
successful in getting the rule to work, but the message
on the other end was blank. How do I create the message
and then save it in a form that will be recognized by the
wizard and which I can then use in the rule. Thanks
0
cwfrazer (1)

Open a new mail message window, fill in the fields as you want them, then
save the file to your hard drive as an .OFT file.  You can then tell the
rule to use that file as your reply.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

In news:234c301c45e4c$17ca8410$a401280a@phx.gbl,
Chuck Frazer wrote:

> I am trying to create a rule that I can run when I am
> away that will respond to incoming e-mail to say that I
> am away and when I will be back; as on vacation for
> instance. I have followed the wizard through, but at no
> point does it take you to any place where you can create
> the message. There is a selection to respond with a
> standard template, but still there is not message
> creation and I end with the generic file, mail.oft. I was
> successful in getting the rule to work, but the message
> on the other end was blank. How do I create the message
> and then save it in a form that will be recognized by the
> wizard and which I can then use in the rule. Thanks

Outlook plugin for CRM 4.0
Hello, I have a user that has been running CRM with Outlook 2007 on Windows XP with no problems. Now we just upgraded his LPT to Windows 7 and his CRM Outlook Plugin connection is timing out on him. Is there a way to change the time out setting so it will stay logged in? His Outlook does not have the problem only his CRM. Thanks Steve On Jul 22, 4:58=A0am, Steve <St...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello, > =A0 I have a user that has been running CRM with Outlook 2007 on Windows = XP > with no problems. =A0Now we just upgraded his LPT to Windows 7 and his CR= M ...

Publisher
hi! i want to print on 5.5 x 4 cards not paper. where in publisher can you change the size to fit 5.5 x 4 cards. this is for thank you cards, so i will be putting something on the front page and flipping it over to complete the inside. Col Publisher has card templates for 5½x4¼. Is that what size you're using? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Col" <Col@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EB1753B6-81DF-4762-899E-805E13B67E08@microsoft.com... > hi! > i want to...

Ex 2007 beta 2 transport rule question
Hello all Been testing out Exchange 2007 features, and i have run across a wierd transport rules issue. What i did was create a transport rule so that any email that was sent with a specific message clasification could only be sent internally. What is happening instead is any email that is sent outside the Exchagne 2007 org is getting kicked back, and in the NDR it is saying that the email was kicked back back because it was sent with the message clasification that i configured in the transport rule. The way i understand this to work is if i send an email out of the Exchagne 2007 org...

As Delegate create Rule in Inbox
I want to create a "generic" mailbox for several users to send messages on behalf of. I know how to configure this and set it so the users can view the mailbox. My problem is sometimes they will want a rule set up to reply to specific messages (for example a secretary sends out mass emails but wants the recipient to reply to their particular representative not the generic email address). How can I have the delegate set up a rule in the inbox so those messages that match the subject line receive a reply telling them to contact their representative. Since multiple people ...

2007 Microsoft Publisher. How to put 4 postcards on -8.5X 11 .
Using Microsoft Publisher 2007. How do I put 4 postcards to a 8.5X 11 page.? I use Publisher 2000 but it should be pretty close. File Page setup Select Special size enter Width 5.5" Height 4.25" Select Landscape Create your text, images......... File Print Page options button Print multiple copies (Custom options button should show the margins to be zeros) -- Don Vancouver, USA "Community postcards" <Community postcards@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D52133D-CE52-44CB-B596-7B22F4A9D1F5@microsoft.com... > Using Microsoft Publisher 2007....

Duplicate Draft Email Created
Hi y'all My client sends an e-mail through the SFO client. The activity is successfully created in CRM, but the email appears in the Draft folder twice. I believe that the email has been sent although it doesn't appear in the sent items. Anyone had this problem before? I checked for a duplicate email address in CRM but couldn't find one. Thanx Morag hi, We've got the same problem and on of our sales sent it twice thinking he forgot to send it. The first message is copied when your writing the message, as usual with Outlook. The second one is created when you send t...

Permanent solution to event 9667 (Failed to create a new named property for database)??
Hi, I've been fighting the following problem for a few months now: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: General Event ID: 9667 Date: 12/22/2009 Time: 03:14:58 User: N/A Computer: .... Description: Failed to create a new named property for database "First Storage Group\...." because the number of named properties reached the quota limit (8192). User attempting to create the named property: "SYSTEM" Named property GUID: 00020086-0000-0000-c000-00000000001b Named property name/id: "X-Vs" This article mentions...

can't create schema for qualified attributes in element with default namespace
Hi, I have a xml file like the one below <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><e1 xmlns:e1="http://tempuri.org/Source1.xsd" e1:att1="1" e1:att2="2" e1:rest="345"/> If I try to create a schema for it with Visual Studio, I get the error "Failed to create a schema for this data file because: Although this XML file is well formed, it contains structure that Data View cannot display. The 'http://tempuri.org/Source1.xsd:att1' atrribute is not declared. An error occurred at , (7,8)" However if I qualif...

how do i create a chart with 4 sets of data?
I have to create a graph holding 4 sets of data, two bar charts and two line graphs. The other problem is that they are measured in different units - is it even possible to plot this on a single chart? Create a column chart of all four data series Right click on one in the chart; select Chart Type and convert to line Repeat with second data series Right click one of the data series; Format Data Series and specify Secondary y-axis Repeat with second data series best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "PK" <PK@di...

Create Playlist to play from External Hard drive
I have purchased a WD HD Media Player which plays songs loaded on my external hard drive but it does not play the playlists that were created on the main computer. I have read where the lists have to be created separately to play on the external hard drive, but I am unsure as to how to complete this. Has anyone else experienced the same problem? I am using WMP 10 on an XP machine and have exported all the songs to a Western Digital Hard Drive. I have connected this hard drive to the WD HD media player to play through my HD receiver but I can only play one song at a time. How do ...

[MDI] have a few doc type created while user press file new option?
Hello I'm new to MFC. I'm writing a MDI program which will plot a few graphs. So I use AddDocTemplate() to make a doc type for each graph that i need to plot. But the problem is when a user press file new, a dialog box come up and ask which type of doc they want instead of creating new child windows for all the type. How can i make it create all doc type windows instaed of asking which one the user want Thanks : Like, if i have 2 doc type for 2 graph. Cgraph1Doc and Cgraph1View for graph 1. And Cgraph2Doc and Cgraph2View for graph2. When the user press file new, the program ask wh...

Delete old chartobject and create a new named one?
Hi, I need a subroutine that delete the old chartobject in a worksheet, create a new chartobject , name it as I want. Reason is that if the user delete the chart, I want to recreate it. I know how to protect it but feel that the user had to be able to change labels, colors etc. More than grateful to every suggestion! Kind regards tskogstrom Hi, This will delete a chart object, but not sure how you are identifying which chart object. Activesheet.chartobjects(1).delete ' create and give it a name with Activesheet.chartobjects.add(1,1,400,300) .name = "MyName" end with...

transfer old message and set up rules
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Hi all, I have 2 questions: 1. How to transfer old email messages from Outlook (.pst) to Entourage. I have downloaded the update package of Office 2008 and install it but still the option of .pst file does not appear when I do import in Entourage. 2. How to set up rules when I received email from certain sender it will automatically move to certain sub folder in Inbox. With all many thanks, Paulina On 3/16/08 6:50 23PM, in article ee94e9f.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Paulina_Lo@officeformac.com" <Paulina_L...

Creating a right-click command to backup file
Hi All I have Creating a right-click command to backup file try txt and then xls file. Try txt file ok. Then try xls file, not ok, when right-click no option prompted ? Do you know why ? For txt file REGEDIT4 [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\txtfile\shell\backupfile] @="Backup Text File" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\txtfile\shell\backupfile\command] @="cscript //b H:\Software\shell\xbcp.vbs "%1" "txt"" For excel file REGEDIT4 [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\xlsfile\shell\backupfile] @="Backup Excel File" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\xlsfile\shell\backupfile\...

Creating HTML help file from within Visual C++ Build
When I created an MFC AppWizard project, Visual C++ also created a bare-bones help file for WinHelp. Whenever I build the project, VC++ compiles this help file automatically. However, I do not want to use this WinHelp help file. I have separately created a chm (HTML help) file for my application, which I would like VC++ to compile during the application build process and place in a specified directory. How do I go about: 1. Removing the default WinHelp compiling from the project? 2. Adding HTML help compiling to the project? Thanks for help Abhijit 1. I think you can remove the default help...

Installing CRM 4.0 Outlook client error "client found response con
Hello, I'm trying to configure CRM 4.0 for outlook with offline and I keep getting this error after I put in my URL. "Client found response contet type of 'text/html', but expected 'text/xml' The request failed with the error message: 500- Internal server error "There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it can't be displayed" Searching on the web it appears it's either SOAP related or report server related. My report server works well inside and outside of the domain, it appears that I may need to update something, any ...

Work at Home- Earn $4,000 Weekly With Email Reading Jobs
Work at Home- Earn $4,000 Weekly With Email Reading Jobs Get Paid $5 For Each New Sign Ups - Easy To make Money Make More Than $200 A Day , Register Now To Start earning At http://moourl.com/lvi7k ...

How to automatically track sent e-mail in 4.0?
I'm using the CRM - Outlook client on CRM 4.0 with all server and client rollup updates applied. Please tell me how to automatically track all email sent to, or received from, an email address that exists in the CRM. 1. I don't want to track ALL email. 2. I don't want to ONLY track e-mail sent in response to CRM email. 3. I don't want to ONLY track email from CRM Leads, Contacts, and Accounts. I don't want to use Option #3 and be required to click "Track in CRM" for every email I send from Outlook. Surely there must be a way to automatically track all ...

Distribution Groups #4
I have a small general question I think. I came into an AD that had both security and email distribution groups setup. Sometimes these groups have very simular names, but both have email addresses. I noticed that the Distribution and Security groups did not have "actual" email boxes within the mailbox store, why us this? It just so happens that I have a group that needs to have permissions assigned to it. They wanted to use the email address from the distribution group, so I was going to delete the Distribution group and recreated it as a security group then reconnect the ...

Creating graphics in Publisher
I am creating a logo for a client in Publisher that will be used on a Front Page web site. The log has a combination of custom built shapes that form block letters as well as text spelling out the comapny's name. The problem is, when the graphic is saved as a gif file, and posted to the web, the graphics become distorted and the text is choppy looking. Part of the issue is I am creating a graphic file in publisher that is about 6" wide but shrinking it in FP to about 2" wide. I suspect it relates to bitmap and vector grahics and the scaling issues. I don't know h...

How do I create a calculated field on the Total in a pivot table?
How can I create a calculation from the total of a count of a field on a pivot table? Example: I need to calculate the number of employees for each process level times a specified amount - 89 x $4.59, 3 x $4.59. Count of Name - Full Segment Process Level Total 302 302 89 305 3 302 Total 92 When I attempt to create a formula =counta('Name - Full')*4.59 I get an error. ...

Exporting Mail Rules from Outlook Express
I just built a new system and would like to get my email working with rules again. I need to get the mail rules from my old system into my new system. I know others have had this problem. And I think I have seen that this can be done. I know the rules are registry based, but does anyone have a solution other than re-entering them one at a time? Thanks in advance. Don try http://www.tomsterdam.com - that is a great site for Outlook Express problems. This group support Microsoft Outlook from the Office Suite, not Express which is a part of Internet Explorer. --� Milly Staples [MVP ...

Excel 4.0
Hi guys, I am running this old version of Excel (4.0) and am unable to open newer version speadsheets that I receive. Is there an upgrade I can download to read these? I mostly use Lotus 123 these days. Regards Hi you could download the free Excel viewer from the Microsoft download page >-----Original Message----- >Hi guys, I am running this old version of Excel (4.0) and >am unable to open newer version speadsheets that I >receive. Is there an upgrade I can download to read >these? I mostly use Lotus 123 these days. >Regards >. > You can also look into downlo...

Voiding an IC transaction should create J/E in Destination Comp.
In the vendor lookup screen, the “vendor name field” is too short. This fields needs to be lengthened on the screen (perhaps the “additional sort field” should be shortened). ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/C...

How do I create a curved graph in excel?
I'm using MS Office 2003. I've created a simple x-y scatter plot graph. The graph line connecting the data points is a straight line. I'd like a curved line. I don't know that using the drawing tool bar will properly represent the data so I was wondering if there's another way. Hi, Double click the line and on the Pattern tab check the Smooth Line checkbox. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "clearandcorrect" <clearandcorrect@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3541CA3D-2841-48F7-B722-B660AD7EFF2D@...