Creating/modifing Outlook Rules from Excel

Does anybody have an example of how to create/modify a rule from excel?
What I want to do, is once I make a contact with somebody, flag their email
address so that when I get email from them, it will move it to a special
folder.

Thanks,

Bruce

0
BruceJ

I don't know how to to that from Excel, but to do it from
Outlook is relatively simple.  Did you mean to specify
Outlook?

0
anonymous (74721)
10/20/2003 6:26:03 PM
Bruce

sorry, I can't answer your question but ...

Lots of Outlook code information and samples at
http://www.slipstick.com/dev/index.htm

Or you could try the Outlook groups

Regards

Trevor

"BruceJ" <oe*NOSPAM*@connecting4income.com> wrote in message
> Does anybody have an example of how to create/modify a rule from excel?
> What I want to do, is once I make a contact with somebody, flag their
email
> address so that when I get email from them, it will move it to a special
> folder.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bruce

0
Trevor9259 (673)
10/20/2003 8:57:22 PM
I am trying to create an rule for outlook (via code) from Excel...
I have an excel spreadsheet, and as I make contact with somebody, I want to
modify an existing rule, and add thier email address to a list of address to
move when email from them arrives.

I am not sure how to do this. I know how to create a rule, but I don't know
how to do this via CODE.

BTW, OL 2002 (10.4712.4219) SP-2 if that makes any diff.

Thanks
Bruce

> I don't know how to to that from Excel, but to do it from
> Outlook is relatively simple.  Did you mean to specify
> Outlook?

0
BruceJ

outlook 2007 runs slow

Draft Folder stuck in Calendar folder of Outlook account
I have a user that has her drafts folder under the calendar folder. It will not allow me to move, delete or copy the foler. I have already tried the switches of cleanviews and resetfolders. still not working. Any ideas other than a re-install of the office suite? reinstall won't help - it's in the mailbox or pst. Are you using exchange server mailbox or a pst? if a pst, use File, New, Outlook data store to create a new one and set it as the default message store. Close outlook, reopen and move the folder in the old pst, then set it as default and close outlook. close the new s...

Emailing in excel 2003 02-26-10

can't send anything in Outlook 2002

setting up outlook 2003 connection to exchange server 2003
Hi my desktop disks crashed 7 months ago and I have been using my laptop (win 2k pro sp4 and outlook 2003 with vpn) for this time SUCCESSFULLY. I built a new desktop using win 2k SERVER (for the raid-mirror function). I am using the SAME settings to configure the outlook 2003 client in BOTH cases (hosts file in same location as in win2k pro, email account name, server name and vpn settings, authentication). in the article Q155048 the suggestion is made to ping the server, oddly enough I CANNOT ping microsoft.com nor the outsourced exchange server (time out), when the vpn is runni...

Outlook won't send meeting requests
For some reason outlook has been failing to send any e-mails after I send a meeting request to a contact. Everytime I send a meeting request it gets stuck in my outbox and won't transmit. Of course, because the calendar appointment won't transmit, it doesn't let me send any e-mails after that. Why would this happen and what can I do to stop it from happening? ...

Outlook Mobile Access Problem

Opening a new instance of Excel

Excel Edit F2 button changed for Mac???

MSN accounts dosen't work in Outlook.

How do I create a pivot table if the pivot table icon or menu ite.
If rhe pivot table icon ...??? Please clarify in the body of the message. "Lynn@WS" <Lynn@WS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E6B098C-551A-4389-9048-7F4F5A6E5EF8@microsoft.com... > ...

How to set tab order for a dynamically created CEdit?
Anyone knows? Use SetWindowPos(...) and change the position in the z-order. -- Vipin Aravind <mdnightman@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1139117672.835639.159660@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Anyone knows? > Use SetWindowPos. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com <mdnightman@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1139117672.835639.159660@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Anyone knows? > ...

EXCEL TROUBLESHOOTING #2

Excel Crash

outlook 2000 help file

DB Rule of thumb
Im about to create a huge database and would like to know if there are any restrictions I should consider. ex. how many fields in one table? how many tables in one database? How many subforms in one form? etc. Is there a place anyone could direct me as a starting point? It would be nice if I'm aware of any restrictions when creating a huge database before starting one. Right now, I'm doing normalization -- to figure out the tables, fields, etc I need and where they should be stored. And, one of the tables has more than 40 fields. I'm trying to group related fields together into ...

Outlook 2003