Creating/modifing Outlook Rules from Excel

Does anybody have an example of how to create/modify a rule from excel?
What I want to do, is once I make a contact with somebody, flag their email
address so that when I get email from them, it will move it to a special
folder.

Thanks,

Bruce

0
BruceJ

I don't know how to to that from Excel, but to do it from
Outlook is relatively simple.  Did you mean to specify
Outlook?

0
anonymous (74723)
10/20/2003 6:26:03 PM
Bruce

sorry, I can't answer your question but ...

Lots of Outlook code information and samples at
http://www.slipstick.com/dev/index.htm

Or you could try the Outlook groups

Regards

Trevor

"BruceJ" <oe*NOSPAM*@connecting4income.com> wrote in message
> Does anybody have an example of how to create/modify a rule from excel?
> What I want to do, is once I make a contact with somebody, flag their
email
> address so that when I get email from them, it will move it to a special
> folder.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bruce

0
Trevor9259 (673)
10/20/2003 8:57:22 PM
I am trying to create an rule for outlook (via code) from Excel...
I have an excel spreadsheet, and as I make contact with somebody, I want to
modify an existing rule, and add thier email address to a list of address to
move when email from them arrives.

I am not sure how to do this. I know how to create a rule, but I don't know
how to do this via CODE.

BTW, OL 2002 (10.4712.4219) SP-2 if that makes any diff.

Thanks
Bruce

> I don't know how to to that from Excel, but to do it from
> Outlook is relatively simple.  Did you mean to specify
> Outlook?

0
BruceJ

Outlook 2000 #176
Customize Outlook Today Button not responding. Any ideas? "JMARA" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2bbd01c470a2$9cfee5a0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Customize Outlook Today Button not responding. Any ideas? www.google.com - you'll find THOUSANDS of hits about this. ...

create a roster

A self Instruction Book On Excel 2003
I am trying to find a text book on excel 2003 that will show me how to use Excel and give me the data to put into the spread sheet. Some of the features I am looking for are, Amortization, Creating Macros and The function and Chart Wizard. If you could please include an ISBN# to locate the text to get me started on Excel 2003. John List of books at Debra Dalgleish's site. Some have CD's attached http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlbooks.html Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 2 Oct 2007 12:57:23 -0700, John <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am trying to find ...

Outlook 2003 Calendar *from* office *to* home
Hi, I have MS Outlook 2003 on a Win XP pro OS, synchronized to a corporate calendar via Oracle Connector, and I would like to do this (apparently) simple thing: Syncronize events FROM corporate calendar to my local calendar DO NOT Syncronize events FROM my local calendar to corporate calendar. In Outlook I just see a send/receive option, not just send and just receive separate option. Any hint is welcome Stefano ...

footer in excel #2
What is the easiest way to make a footer in excel that will print ON EVERY PAGE? EXCEL 2000 Page Setup Header/Footer Put your entry in Footer "LED1" <LED1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D226F524-7267-48D9-98AE-A1C768B6921E@microsoft.com... : What is the easiest way to make a footer in excel that will print ON EVERY : PAGE? EXCEL 2000 ...

Task Create - Status

Converting from Outlook Express to Outlook
Does anyone know of a good web site with information on converting from Outlook Express to Outlook. Have not had much luck with a general web search. Thanks, Will Will Fleenor just export everything from one to the other "Will Fleenor" <will@k2e.com> wrote in message news:et24bTJhEHA.3320@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Does anyone know of a good web site with information on converting from > Outlook Express to Outlook. Have not had much luck with a general web > search. > > Thanks, Will > Will Fleenor > > Will Fleenor <will@k2e.com> wrote: ...

IMF and Outlook 2003 in POP3 mode
My server gets all email via SMTP and IMF is working great, in OWA and Outlook 2003 Native Exchange mode junk mail goes to the junk folder and users can add exceptions for "junk" they want to receive etc. I'm wondering about my remote users who use Outlook 2003 in POP3 mode to grab their email (since RPC proxy works pretty lousy, can't wait til that is tweaked!). The email in their junk email folder is not downloaded to Outlook, and they have to log into OWA to see it. 1. Should/can Outlook 2003 download these junk messages via POP3? 2. If so, can they be moved to the j...

ALT-TAB not working with excel 2000
My problem is, as in the subject, that pressing ALT-TAB to switch among the files opened in Excel 2000 doesn't work anymore. I tried to re-install withouth success. I can only use CTRL-TAB because you haven't multiple sessions running (as usual in Excel 2000) but only one task of Excel. So, it's impossible to use ALT-TAB. Unfortunately, CTRL-TAB isn't useful as ALT-TAB because you can't switch from the current worksheet and the last used but you have to pass cyclicly through the files opened... It seems to be related to the fact that the same worksheets had been opened...

Create external database

Message received in Outlook Express but not in Office Outlook why
I used Outlook Express as default for e-mail. I installed Office Outrlook and marked it as default. I continue to receive e-mail on Outlook Express but not on Office Outlook. What settings do I need to make? Open Outlook using the /checkclient switch: http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/commandlineswitches.htm -- K. Orland Such as are your habitual thoughts, such also will be the character of your mind; for the soul is dyed by the thoughts - Marcus Aurelius "Old Fud" wrote: > I used Outlook Express as default for e-mail. I installed Office Outrlook > and marked i...

Outlook Recovery
I deleted my email account and wanted to create a new one, but when I open up Outlook, I don't have any Tools option to create a new account. How can I restore the program? You can modify your mail profile via the Mail applet in Control Panel. If you have trouble finding it see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/123 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Daved" ...

Excel Function Problem
Hi, Please consider me an excel newbie! I am trying to find out how to write a function that checks a 7 digit numerical string entered into cell i.e. 7030000 against 50 possible strings. (Im guessing this is a multiple IF statement thing). Once the condition is true it then takes the value from cell J7, adds it to the value in cell D7. The end result being that D7 now contains a value equal to its original value + J7. Any help given would be appreciatted Many Thanks --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You might look at the SumIF function. It will add values together if...

Outlook reply and forward problem
In Outlook 2000 using internet email and personal folders. When replying or forwarding an email it removes the original email from the inbox. Is there a setting to leave the original email in the inbox. >-----Original Message----- >In Outlook 2000 using internet email and personal >folders. When replying or forwarding an email it removes >the original email from the inbox. Is there a setting to >leave the original email in the inbox. >. > I was having the same problem. Look a few entries up from your entry in this news group(Subject:Forward_Reply). If you ...

How to create pie chart with %

Outlook Word Editor Curser Default
While typing an email in Outlook 2003 using MS Word editor, the curser goes to another location if you hesitate while composing the email. This drives a person crazy because you can't take your eyes off the screen for a moment. There is an option setting to set the curser off the default setting meaning the curser goes the message box automatically. This fixed it a over year ago, but when I downloaded updates the setting regressed back and I forgot how to correct this problem. HELP!! ...

excel with another reporting tool?
hi, I have only worked on vba macros where my input and output is both excel. Using macros most of the time it crashes and the end-user is then not comfortable with it. I wanted to go for a better solution. Not sure how go to about it. I was thinking of generating crystal reports. If i use crystal reports how is the format generated. I wanted to its feasibility study. Anyone who has done some work on this please go suggest. Will the end user have the authority to still edit the report. WIll it contain the formulas as we fianlly see in the excel. Please provide any infomartion that...

when form created

CRM Service Activity Outlook Calendar Sync Broken
Hi. All was fine until yesterday but now items on the Outlook calendar no longer appear to be tied to the service activities that created them. When I click on a calendar entry it opens an ordinary appointment view of what should be a service activity. Also, the "track in CRM" button seems to do nothing. A newly created service activity will appear on the calendar, but will exhibit the same characteristics described above. Any ideas on how to fix? I've considered reinstalling the CRM client for Outlook or possibly creating a new Outlook profile. Any thoughts would be...

Can't open excel documents
When I try to open an excel doc is 'stalls' ... getting stuck on 'virus scan' dialouge at the bottom of the sheet. I can open excel w/o a file and save one, but when I try opening an existing one, Excel simply won't do it and I eventually have to contl.alt.del. it in order to continue. Any ideas? ...