Creating Labels Using Word 2002

Please help.

Dell tells me that I cannot use the mail merge function
in Word 02 with Outlook 02 to create labels.  I get stuck
after selecting my contact folder with a Data Link
Properties box that comes up and prevents me from
finishing task.  Is Dell correct and/or is there a work-
around.
0
anonymous (74718)

Dell is not correct. As long as you have Outlook set up as your default mail
and Contacts program and have the Outlook Address Book configured correctly
in your default Outlook profile, you can do a mail merge.
For an overview of these functions take a look here:
http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/printlabel.htm

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Dale" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Please help.
>
> Dell tells me that I cannot use the mail merge function
> in Word 02 with Outlook 02 to create labels.  I get stuck
> after selecting my contact folder with a Data Link
> Properties box that comes up and prevents me from
> finishing task.  Is Dell correct and/or is there a work-
> around.

0
russval (3097)

create a roster

macro problem with Word 2001
Whenever I attach a Word 2001 document to an email and send it to someone using PC, the PC user's computer interprets the macros as a virus. How can I a) disable macros on Word or b) send it in a way that the PC will not interpret it as a virus? Thanks for any help Hi Unless you are intentionally making Word documents with Macros it is almost certain that you are indeed sending documents that have a virus. If your Word documents are supposed to have macros, then your audience needs to adjust the security settings on their computer in Word (Tools > Options > Security > Ma...

using CList as a base class in an extension DLL
Hi all. I must be doing something wrong but cannot figure it out. I have a data class and a list class, in an extension DLL, declared like this: >#define DllExport __declspec (dllexport) >class DllExport CRate : public CObject { >public: > DECLARE_SERIAL (CRate) > CRate () { m_Rate = 0; } > CRate (const CRate &in) { *this = in; } > > const CRate& operator= (const CRate& in) > { m_Rate = in.m_Rate; m_Date = in.m_Date; return *this; } > > bool operator== (const CRate& in); > bool operator!= (const CRate& i...

Task Create - Status

Bug with cell merging in tables using Applescript

Using the highlighter
In the old Office programs you could highlight something in yellow (like you would with paper & highlighter). I'm using Excel 2003 and I can't find that option any where. Does Office still have this feature and where or how can I find it. I want to print a name & address list with some names highlighted. Please help! That was/is in Word, not Excel, AFAIK "Joan" <Joan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D37D9306-8502-4762-A858-4BC4B18C4CC6@microsoft.com... > In the old Office programs you could highlight something in yellow (like > you ...

Convert two separate Word documents into one
Anybody know how to merge/convert two separate (one page) Word document into one (two page) document? HELP> In news:B5526982-84F0-4552-A34F-7F72AB3DADDC@microsoft.com, CAOWEN <CAOWEN@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Anybody know how to merge/convert two separate (one page) Word > document into one (two page) document? > > HELP> Open one of them. PUt the cursor at the very bottom (CTRL-END keys works well for that). Click Insert File. Save the resulting combined file to a NEW NAME to avoid losing either of the two originals. HTH, Twayne ...

Create external database

How to create pie chart with %

How do I turn on drag and drop in MS Word 2007?
It seems that drag and drop has stopped working..... I have no clue why. There are instructions on how to turn drag and drop on/off for MS Word 2003, but I can't find the directions on how to do this for Word 2007. I'd like to turn this back on. Can anyone help? Click on the the Office Button (top/left) and at the bottom of that window click on Word Options. In that window choose Advanced. Drag and Drop is the third choice down. (That said... it doesn't always work even when you have selected it. Sigh) The problem could have to do with the Symbols dialog box. When you...

Outlook Word Editor Curser Default
While typing an email in Outlook 2003 using MS Word editor, the curser goes to another location if you hesitate while composing the email. This drives a person crazy because you can't take your eyes off the screen for a moment. There is an option setting to set the curser off the default setting meaning the curser goes the message box automatically. This fixed it a over year ago, but when I downloaded updates the setting regressed back and I forgot how to correct this problem. HELP!! ...

How to use PowerPoint template in my application
Hi all: I want to read some data from database then use PowerPoint template to create ppt file . How can I use this ? Thanks in advance ! Best regards . ...

Money 2002 not loading properly
The issue is when logged in to a laptop as an administrative account, Money loads without a problem (being connected to a network as well as client only). Logging out as the administrative account and then logging is as the laptop user(non-administrative) while not being connected to the network causes the "About" Money form(?) to load as basically white space on the desktop and then disappear. Money never actually loads. The o/s is Windows 2000. The laptop user had the Money express option checked off. This was unchecked as the administrative account but still didn'...

Saving excelXP file to use on p.c with Excel 97?
Hi i need to save my files i create from my home computer using office Xp to my office p.c which is running office 97. I have tried it but everytime i save my file at work i geta message stating that the file was created on xp and some latest features may be missing. How i can save so i do not get this message or indeed if i can actually do it? Thanks in advance I don't think you can avoid the message - the important point would be to use features common to both - then you may get the message, but it would be of no consequence. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy Mena <etracing@netconnect...

when form created

Creating a Brochure

How to create Access macro shortcut

Used Pack and Go, Unable to Access & Edit File on Own Computer
Using Publisher 2003 on XP Media Reference original post 68FE9389-5F35-47F5-ABA4-05B8ACDD4EE6@microsoft.com I have read all about Pack and Go already, especially since this problem has happened and that I've used it before numerous times. However that info doesn't help. I'm 99% sure that I did NOT put to commercial printing but rather take to another computer. It was saved with imbedded fonts/graphics. Not links. The file is locked, even on the originating computer, and I can not even repack and go, it is black but when you go into it is whited out. Save as is not even an ...