Creating Labels Using Word 2002

Please help.

Dell tells me that I cannot use the mail merge function
in Word 02 with Outlook 02 to create labels.  I get stuck
after selecting my contact folder with a Data Link
Properties box that comes up and prevents me from
finishing task.  Is Dell correct and/or is there a work-
around.
0
anonymous (74721)

Dell is not correct. As long as you have Outlook set up as your default mail
and Contacts program and have the Outlook Address Book configured correctly
in your default Outlook profile, you can do a mail merge.
For an overview of these functions take a look here:
http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/printlabel.htm

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Dale" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Please help.
>
> Dell tells me that I cannot use the mail merge function
> in Word 02 with Outlook 02 to create labels.  I get stuck
> after selecting my contact folder with a Data Link
> Properties box that comes up and prevents me from
> finishing task.  Is Dell correct and/or is there a work-
> around.

0
russval (3097)

How to copy the format of a cell to another by using VBA?
I want to set the format of a cell same as the another by using vba code.How can I do that? Thanks! -- Are you familiar with recording macros in Excel? By simply recording yourself doing anything in excel, it produces the code required to reproduce those actions via VBA. Therefore, you could record yourself right-clicking on the cell, selecting Format Cell... from the pop-up menu and set the cell's format according to what the original cell's format is, then, once finished, stop recording and retrieve the newly produced code. Another way could be to record yourself copying the s...

excel chart size using inside positioning
Hi, I am trying to standardize the sizes of multiple embedded charts so I can copy the charts into Powerpoint. I can set the PlotArea ..Left,.Height,.Width,.Top numbers, but the left inside gridline of the chart still shifts a little inside the PlotArea, which I assume is related to the read only InsideHeight,InsideWidth, InsideLeft, InsideTop numbers. If you want to set the constant dimensions of the inside area, does anyone know a way to iterate through each chart to make these adjustments? Anyone responding to this may first want to check if there are any responses to the multi-pos...

Creating a Chart from Cells that use a List Box
Hi, I am trying to create a number of charts (e.g., pie, line etc) based on data that is slelected from a list box (i.e., data validation). What i would like to do is create the charts before any data is entered (if that makes sense) and as data is entered the charts will display this. ...

Convert Incredimail to Outlook 2002
Is there any way to get emails out of Incredimail and into Outlook. My wife has been using Incredimail for her business for the last few years. She has now seen the benefits of Outlook and wants to switch without losing all the emails. Thanks. JLDLS <JLDLS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there any way to get emails out of Incredimail and into Outlook. > My wife has been using Incredimail for her business for the last few > years. She has now seen the benefits of Outlook and wants to switch > without losing all the emails. Thanks. There are programs you can b...

Creating and destroying objects in different threads
A quick question that seems to be relevant to MFC ('cause the problem doesn't appear on non-MFC code): I have a program that creates objects in one thread, and then needs to destroy them in another. The destructor causes an exception to be thrown, but without any helpful information. I vaguely recall from when MFC became multithread friendly that there is an issue in the memory leak detection mechanisms; the lists of allocated blocks are kept in thread-local storage, so can't be accessed when a block is destroyed from a different thread. Is this the case? I can't bel...

Create User isn CRM 3.0
I am trying to create a new user in the CRM, but I get a messege stating that the http://crm/mscrmservices is not responding. I beleive I have all the right privliges. I attemtp to go to the website for mscrmservices and I can not login there, even using the domain login that runs the CRM services. I am using SQL 2000 with CRM 3.0 Thanks for the help Mathew ...

What is CreateDialogIndirect() used for?
Hello,All: When I tried to use Carl wrote: > Hello,All: > > When I tried to use Then you died?-) Anyway, Raymond Chen just did a blog entry on the indirect dialog stuff: http://blogs.msdn.com/oldnewthing/archive/2005/04/29/412577.aspx -- Jonathan Arnold inSORS ...

label fonts
I have two charts drawn from different worksheets in the same Excel file. In both, I manually set the axis labels (x-axis: year, y-axis: number of items) at Ariel Bold 14 pt. But on screen and in the printout, the labels on one of the charts come out much larger than on the other. These are going into my dissertation--how can I make them look uniform? Thanks Select the chart Right-click on the axis Choose Format Axis Select the Font tab Remove the check mark from 'Auto scale' Click OK Jauchart wrote: > I have two charts drawn from different worksheets in the > same Excel...

Problem using Public Folders
Hello people I'm having a problem with Public Folders in Exchange 2003. From Outlook, I can see the public folders, and from ESM I can also see all the groups on the Storage Group The problems are that I can't see the folders on ESM under the "Folders" tree, inside my Administrative Group, and neither can I see the System folders (it shows the error with an id of c1030af1 - forbidden). This way, no one can see, e.g., each other's availability on Calendar for meetings Can anyone shed a light to me? I've checked some documents on the net and Microsoft's ...

Use query for Row Source?
I attempted to use a combo-box to look-up records on a form. The RowSource query that is generated by the wizard included 2 data fields. I wanted to show only a distinct list of the second, non-key data element (col1). When I changed the RowSource query to SELECT distinct Col1, the combo-box displays nothing. I then created a stored query with the SELECT distinct Col1. They query runs correctly, but when I put in in the RowSource, it displays nothing. Any clue what I could be doing wrong? On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 12:17:03 -0700, JHC wrote: > I attempted to use a combo-box to look-u...

Using CDC::DrawFrameControl() to add resize grip to dialog.
Hello, I am using CDC::DrawFrameControl()to add a resize grip to bottom right corner of my dialog. Everything works fine until I change the background color of the dialog to red using CDialog::OnCtlColor(). The color of the gripper doesn't change to red. Please help. Regards, Rafeeq CE My research thus far seems to imply that you wont be able to change it scolour using this technique. Regards Andy Mortimer [MS] Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no righ...

Using Dependents
In a particular instance when I am using the dependents search facility, a small symbol like a table or an Excel sheet appears, (the dependent arrow pointing to it). It's as if it is indicating that some other sheet has data dependednt on the cell. But I can't find any other sheet with dependent data. Double-click the arrow to the sheet symbol and Excel will display the dependent cells -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Zembu" <Zembu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:352631A7-0BF4-451D-8781-669C26270BF6@microsoft....

Using account name as look-up field for two field in an associated
Entity relationsship - Account is Parent of custom entity CustSuppRec. I am trying to using to use the Account name as a look-up twice on the same form of another record. The child record is a custom customer support record and they have two unique areas of the main form requiring selection of the an account name. I've been able to establish one Account look-up field, but when trying too establish the second, I get "This relationship cannot be created because only one relationship can be cascading to the same related entity." I've tried all the Releationship Behavio...

Slow Performance on Site-to-Site using Folder Redirection 12-24-09
I have a situation that is forcing me to stop using Folder Redirection on the remote site due to poor performance, mostly slowness. I, on the other hand have set up a laptop to use offline files on the same domain. At this point it seems to me that offline files will be the best option here. The domain consist of an SBS2008 Premium with a remote Standard Server domain controller. The site to site is using a Sonicwall appliance. I love using FR, but cannot sacrifice performance and will hate to think that it was only meant to be used for authentication purposes. Any ideas? Thank you f...

XML not opening in Word 2003 when requested from IE 6
I built a web app that creates and saves a WordML file on disk (with a processing instruction in it for Word.Document). When this file is requested from a client machines, the client's browser automatically opens Word 2003 and views the XML in the Word application as a document, as its supposed to. However, on one machine, the XML text just opens in the IE window as straight XML text, totally ignoring the PI to treat as a Word document. Checked all the File Types for XML and DOC and they are the same one this machine as the others for the "open" and "edit" ent...

How do you select a specific Visio tab when 'Inserting Object' into Word doc?
I am inserting an object (Visio diagram) in my Word document so that updates to the Visio diagram are automatically reflected in the Word doc. I clicked Insert > Object > Link to File, and used it as a workaround to the bug found when you copy the Visio diagram by clicking Edit > Paste Special > Paste Link (bug is found if the Visio diagram is on a file share; you can't insert it - the option for Paste Link is grayed out). This Insert > Object workaround works fine, HOWEVER, my Visio file has multiple tabs on it. How do I distinguish which tab I want to embed? ...

How to connect 2 sites using Exchange 5.5
I have 2 Exhanges runing in a diferent subnets. Yesterday everything was working fine, but now I can not send a email between sites. What can I do? ...

How can I create a graph & execute Excel from a non- MS environme
I would like to set up an application that can be run from Unix or another operating system that can be used to display a graph in Excel.(maybe a perl script, or something?) I can create a csv file from the data coming from a non-microsoft environment. I would like to be able to then run a unix system command, or a command that can be executed from the "run" line from MS Start menu that would use this data to open Excel and display the data as a chart. CJ Dev Wrote: > I would like to set up an application that can be run from Unix o > another > operating system that...

Configuring the reply address used by Outlook?
I use a spam-filtering service that collects three of my email accounts onto its server, from which Outlook downloads email to my PC. The messages in Outlook retain the "To" address they were originally sent to (one of my three email addresses). But, because they're now being downloaded from a single account, when I reply to a message addressed to "brett2@isp.com" or "brett3@isp.com", Outlook sends the reply from the account "brett1@isp.com", which is the account I used to set up the spam-filter service. In other words, Outlook isn'...

Outlook hangs when I try to create or forward a message
Hi, When I try to create or forward a message Outlook hangs, I only see the window telling me that it is starting word but it hangs there. When I uncheck the "use MS Word..." in the options everything is fine, but I would like to use the Word to create my messages. Is there something that I can do to stop Outlook hanging when using MS word to create new message (or forward)? Thanks for your help. Eric, Hi Eric, Try creating a new mail profile here: Control Panel->Mail Icon->Show Profiles. -- Gestern gings noch, ICH habe nichts gemacht! ;-) Bravestar@Datenschutzmini...

Creating data labels in XY charts
I'm developing an XY chart, and I'd like have to have labels next to the data points. Is this possible? For example, the labels could be the names of cities, while the X and Y data might be the popluation and housing prices. Thanks, Robert Ades -- ___________________________ Robert Ades Accountancy Corp. 12100 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 660 Los Angeles, CA 90025 Tel: 310-571-1224 Fax: 310-571-1227 robert@robertades.com Use the XY Chartlabeler (www.appspro.com) or J-Walk Chart Tools (www.j- walk.com) -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-i...

Excel file into Word
I want to put an Excel icon into a word document (like an attachment in an email), but I can't seem to do it. If I cut and paste the icon into Word, it pastes the contents of the Excel file, not "an attachment", and if I click "insert", "file", it only list's Word files... I have seen this in other documents, I'm sure... -- Rob, Teesside, UK Inside MSWord: Insert|Object|Create from File Tab Browse for your .xls file. Check the display as icon on that dialog box. abfabrob wrote: > > I want to put an Excel icon into a word document (like...

How do I create a template where the header cannot be changed?
WORD - Not powerpoint I am creating a MS word 2007 template and am having trouble with the headers and footers. I have put a section break in the first page and ticked different first page. How do I lock the headers and footers - if I delete any text between page 1 and two the headers disappear. Can you help? Why not post your question in one of the Word groups, since it's a Word question? -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2010? http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd PowerPoint 2007 ...

Using Vlookup in Excel
Is there a way to have a lookup value displayed when you starting typing the first couple of letters of the value in the box? Also, I would like to have a calendar in a drop-down to select a date by simply clicking on the date. Can this be done in excel? Tools>Autocorrect options -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "JimD" <JimD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88D6FB87-5B00-4B83-95E9-153872A038DC@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to have a lookup value displayed when you starting typing > the > first couple of letters of the value in the box? >...

Create rule to run script
I have a vb script that when run takes the attachment on an e-mail and places it in a folder. Is there any way to setup a rule in outlook that when an e-mail is received from a certain person or address, to automatically run this script to place the attachment in the specified folder? Thanks in advance what version? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outl...