Creating Appointments from Web Pages

Hello All,

I want to create an appointment in Outlook when the user clicks on a link on
the web page. Can anybody please tell me about the ways and the tools that
are available to this?

Thanks in advance,

Satyajit Bhagwat

Use Outlook to create an appointment, then save it as an .ics iCalendar =
file. Put the file on your web site and add a link to it.=20

--=20
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

"Satyajit Bhagwat" <satyajitbhagwat@ekartha.com> wrote in message =
> Hello All,
>=20
> I want to create an appointment in Outlook when the user clicks on a =
link on
> the web page. Can anybody please tell me about the ways and the tools =
that
> are available to this?
>=20
> Thanks in advance,
>=20
> Satyajit Bhagwat
>=20

0
suemvp (4038)
10/20/2005 12:21:59 PM
Does this create an appointment in Outlook for the person who clicked
the link? Or the person who created the .ics file? Or both? And what is
the real-world application for this? For instance, if I were to have a
voluntary meeting for my company, would I use this approach on the
company's intranet so people could click the link and have the meeting
added to their calendar? This interests me very much.

0
tyson1 (2)
10/20/2005 2:31:06 PM
Why not try it and see for yourself?

--=20
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

"D2S" <tyson@dare2share.org> wrote in message =
> Does this create an appointment in Outlook for the person who clicked
> the link? Or the person who created the .ics file? Or both? And what =
is
> the real-world application for this? For instance, if I were to have a
> voluntary meeting for my company, would I use this approach on the
> company's intranet so people could click the link and have the meeting
> added to their calendar? This interests me very much.

0
suemvp (4038)
10/20/2005 6:45:58 PM
Thanks a ton Sue!!

With warm regards,

Satyajit Bhagwat

create a roster

how to define scroll bar's page size value?
Hi all, I have a confusion about calculating scroll bar's page size. In my application, I am drawing an image according to scroll bar position. m_iGeneratedImgWidth - Width size of the image (this value is always bigger) rect.right - Width of the drawing area. how to define scroll bar's page size value? SCROLLINFO info; info.cbSize = sizeof(SCROLLINFO); info.fMask = SIF_RANGE|SIF_PAGE|SIF_POS; info.nPos = 0; info.nMin = 0; info.nMax = m_iGeneratedImgWidth - rect.right; info.nPage = ? In my OnHScrollBar() function, for SB_PAGELEFT / SB_PAG...

Task Create - Status

How to accomplish mixed page orientation?
How can I have some pages with portrait and some pages with landscape orientation in the same visio file? Thanks, Keith Brickey Keith, In the File > Page Setup dialog, go to the "Page Size" tab and make sure that "Same as printer paper size" is not checked. When printing, you'll need to change the printer orientation to match the page that you want to print. This is only necessary if you're running a version of Visio older than Visio 2003. -- Dawn This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Keith Brickey...

Create external database

How to create pie chart with %

Sales Process error message in web client
When viewing an opportunity in the web client, if the user goes to activities and then selects the sales process tab (next the activities and history tabs), we get the following error: An error has occurred. Contact your system administrator. No one knows what to do about this. Any suggestions? It would be nice to be able to see the summary like all the books show. Thanks. Hi normally your can solve an error like this one by following this procedure: Clear the Outlook Forms Cache in the Microsoft CRM Sales for Outlook client. 1. Open Microsoft Outlook, and then click Options f...

when form created

Web query financial data into chart
Via a web query I import the Euro/Dollar exchange rate during e.g. 2.00 pm to 5.00 pm in a cell of an Excel sheet with a refresh rate of 1 minute. I like to plot this rate versus time over this period. How can I realize that? regards, Louis -- loconel ------------------------------------------------------------------------ loconel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=33481 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=532821 You would have to use a macro to store the info on a sheet with a automatic defined name for the gra...

Creating a Brochure

How to create Access macro shortcut

Creating an ad book

How to view HTML page in a dialog
I have and HTML and need to navigate them using VC++ , is this possible? Yes, it is. If you need to show a static htlm page you could use a CDHtmlDialog. You must add this static page as resource to your app. http://www.codeproject.com/useritems/luo31.asp http://www.codeproject.com/dotnet/dhtmldialog.asp or you can host a webbroser control in your app http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/browser/webbrowser/tutorials/wbtutorial.asp -- Un saludo Rodrigo Corral Gonz´┐Żlez [MVP] FAQ de microsoft.public.es.vc++ http://rcorral.mvps.org ...

Access unable to create an MDE

web browser problem
Attempting to access a web site that is active. I'm able to see it on other computers and friends are also able to access the site. I last accessed it 6 months ago; now I recieve an unable to connect to internet message. My connection wizard confirms I have service & I can access any other web site on my browser; not this web site. I added it to my trusted web site list, which only has two; to no avail. Can anyone help resolve this problem? -- Marc Marc This is not an Office issue. Try and post this to the proper IE newsgroup that corresponds with your IE Browser...

create a database from which bibliography an be created
How do I create a database from which a bibliography can be added to the end of a Word document? I used the program RefManager, but that is too expensive for me to update. Does Word 2003 have such a program? Thanks Not natively. Have you checked your academic institution? They might have campus licenses which students can use at home. You could give Zotero a spin (www.zotero.org). Personally, I don't like it, but that's just me. Word 2007 comes with referencing capabilities, but they are limited in functionality. Anything special you want, you would have to add i...

Error creating activities from Cases
Hi I have an out of the box SBS 2003 CRM Setup I have installed Rollup1 and the new help files Under about MS CRM it has CRM 3.0 (3.0.5300.0) When we try and create activies from within a case, we get the following to errors in the event log We can create the activities just fromthe main web client menu ok The same thing happens in the outlook client (OL 2003, Exchange 2003) I found some links to verabose stuff, but they all applied to the have MS CRM setup on multiple server. We have tried it with and without Outlook open Anyhelp appreciated Event Type: Error Event Source: MSC...

Create multiple owner fields?
Is it possibel to create multiple owner fields in a form. We need to track the users who is working with an account. I know only own owner field is supported, but is it poosible to have one owner field and custom fields using the lookup dialog to map more users? // Mats Have you looked at creating a custom entity. Then have a Many to One relationship to user and a Many to One relationship to Account. "Langer" wrote: > > > Is it possibel to create multiple owner fields in a form. We need to > track the users who is working with an account. I know only own o...