Creating a link to open an application...

We have an Access 2000 application that we wna to have automatically
generate emails to users.

In the body of this email, it would be nice if we could provide a link the
user can click on which would then open up the Access application (the user
may or may not have the application open at the time), and possibly bring up
the record in question they want to be viewing ( a cust service job#).

The email notifies the user there is a customer service related issue they
need to look into. Each cust service issue is assigned a number, so if we
could somehow pass the job# to the Access app from the link, the app would
come up to the exact record the user should be viewing...

This is also partly an Access question so I'll post there as well...

Is it doable?

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,  Brad

create a roster

Task Create - Status

Create external database

Open Report
Using MS Access 2003. I have a filter form that opens a report based on the criteria selected. The user can select 4 different reports. 3 work fine. The other one requires the user to press the process report button twice. On the second press, the report opens fine. I debugged for errors upon opening the report and the degger returns a 0 for err.number after the report is opened. Ideas? Thanks. ...

How to create pie chart with %

when form created

Can't open excel documents
When I try to open an excel doc is 'stalls' ... getting stuck on 'virus scan' dialouge at the bottom of the sheet. I can open excel w/o a file and save one, but when I try opening an existing one, Excel simply won't do it and I eventually have to contl.alt.del. it in order to continue. Any ideas? ...

OL2K will not open .msg attachment
I have one computer out of 5 having this problem. OS is WinXP Outlook 2000 Exchange Server 5.5 When this user receives a forwarded message from any AOL user and opens the message OL shows error "Could not open one or more attachments." If the same message is sent to this user and others in house, others can open it and read with no problems. Attachments are .msg files, typically 2 to 6 nested levels of forwarding like you often see with AOL messaging users. Tried turning off attachment security. Also turned off anti-virus software. Scoured MS knowledgebase to no avail. ...

Creating a Brochure

Open new thread
Hi How to open a new thread in console application ? Thanks Hai Ly Hoang wrote: > Hi > How to open a new thread in console application ? > Thanks As usual : CreateThread or _beginthreadex, depending on wethter you need the CRT initialization or not (most always you need it, so use _beginthreadex). Arnaud MVP - VC ...

How to create Access macro shortcut

can't open this item with password protected files
Hello, I can't open an email in Outlook 2003 with an attachement that is password-protected. The email is placed in the folder Server failures and if I try to open it, I get the following message : Can't open this item. The operation failed. Does anyone know how to fix this. Thanks in advance. Raimond Does it work when you save the attachment first? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Raimond van der Meer" <raimond_cdmi@hotmai...

IE7 Cannot Open Internet Site
During the past two weeks I've started getting the following IE7 error when trying to open Yahoo Finance, Yahoo E-Mail and possibly other websites - "Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site". The next line lists the web address that could not be opened and the last line says "Operation aborted". I click OK and the page cannot be displayed opens. This is also happening with IE6. ...

Creating an ad book

Access unable to create an MDE

"Ask always before opening this file type" cannot be unchecked
Windows Vista Ultimate, Outlook 2007, no Google desktop installed The following issue: When trying to open or save an attachment (word, excel, powerpoint), you get a dialogue box asking whether you want to save/open the file. In the last line, there is a checkbox "Ask always before opening this file type". This checkbox is gray, and cannot be unchecked (view here: http://www.poetzsch-consulting.de/test/Nachfrage.jpg). Strange enough, this issue ocurrs with all attachments, except pdfs. For pdfs, for instance, the box can be unchecked. How the box can be made accessable? Any c...

create a database from which bibliography an be created
How do I create a database from which a bibliography can be added to the end of a Word document? I used the program RefManager, but that is too expensive for me to update. Does Word 2003 have such a program? Thanks Not natively. Have you checked your academic institution? They might have campus licenses which students can use at home. You could give Zotero a spin (www.zotero.org). Personally, I don't like it, but that's just me. Word 2007 comes with referencing capabilities, but they are limited in functionality. Anything special you want, you would have to add i...

Error creating activities from Cases
Hi I have an out of the box SBS 2003 CRM Setup I have installed Rollup1 and the new help files Under about MS CRM it has CRM 3.0 (3.0.5300.0) When we try and create activies from within a case, we get the following to errors in the event log We can create the activities just fromthe main web client menu ok The same thing happens in the outlook client (OL 2003, Exchange 2003) I found some links to verabose stuff, but they all applied to the have MS CRM setup on multiple server. We have tried it with and without Outlook open Anyhelp appreciated Event Type: Error Event Source: MSC...