Creating a group in address book

Hello;
How can i create a group of Email addresses and name it as MyGroup (for
example),so i type MyGroup in To: box of Microsoft Outlook and the email be
sent to all the reciepients of group?
Thank you so much in advance.

0
tavassoli (4)

In addition to Milly's answer, note that this will not hide the contents of
the group from all recipients - if you don't want everyone to see all the
recipient addresses (which is good, because you should treat people's email
addys as you would unlisted phone numbers) you'd put the group/list name in
the BCC field, and put your own address in the To field to ensure your
message isn't blocked as spam.

Mota wrote:
> Hello;
> How can i create a group of Email addresses and name it as MyGroup
> (for example),so i type MyGroup in To: box of Microsoft Outlook and
> the email be sent to all the reciepients of group?
> Thank you so much in advance.

0
lanwench (7567)
8/10/2003 1:48:38 AM
Ok,Thank you so much for ur help.

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> In addition to Milly's answer, note that this will not hide the contents
of
> the group from all recipients - if you don't want everyone to see all the
> recipient addresses (which is good, because you should treat people's
email
> addys as you would unlisted phone numbers) you'd put the group/list name
in
> the BCC field, and put your own address in the To field to ensure your
> message isn't blocked as spam.
>

> Mota wrote:
> > Hello;
> > How can i create a group of Email addresses and name it as MyGroup
> > (for example),so i type MyGroup in To: box of Microsoft Outlook and
> > the email be sent to all the reciepients of group?
> > Thank you so much in advance.

0
tavassoli (4)
8/10/2003 12:15:33 PM
Thank you.

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <MillyS@mvps.org> wrote in message
> Depending on the version of Outlook, File->New->Distribution list.  Select
> your members, give it a distinctive name and save and close.
>
> --
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.
>

> Having searched the archives,
> Mota <tavassoli@parak.net> typed:
> | Hello;
> | How can i create a group of Email addresses and name it as MyGroup
> | (for example),so i type MyGroup in To: box of Microsoft Outlook and
> | the email be sent to all the reciepients of group?
> | Thank you so much in advance.

0
tavassoli (4)
8/10/2003 12:15:46 PM
You're welcome :-)

Mota wrote:
> Ok,Thank you so much for ur help.
>
> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> message news:eu0lTNuXDHA.1736@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>> In addition to Milly's answer, note that this will not hide the
>> contents of the group from all recipients - if you don't want
>> everyone to see all the recipient addresses (which is good, because
>> you should treat people's email addys as you would unlisted phone
>> numbers) you'd put the group/list name in the BCC field, and put
>> your own address in the To field to ensure your message isn't
>> blocked as spam.
>>

>> Mota wrote:
>>> Hello;
>>> How can i create a group of Email addresses and name it as MyGroup
>>> (for example),so i type MyGroup in To: box of Microsoft Outlook and
>>> the email be sent to all the reciepients of group?
>>> Thank you so much in advance.

0
lanwench (7567)

create a roster

Routing Group connector problem
Hi everybody i have a strange problem in Exchange 2003 i have a single domain that is scattered accros 2 sites, Site A and Site B, in each site i have an exchange 2003 server. In Site A, i have exch1 and in site B i have exch2. Each site have a domain controller that is a global catalog, all servers are Windows 2003, and the domain is working in the Windows Server2003 mode, Exchange is working in native mode. The exchange servers are installed on member servers not on the domain controllers. My problem is as follow, after i setup a routing group connector to be able to send emails bet...

A self Instruction Book On Excel 2003
I am trying to find a text book on excel 2003 that will show me how to use Excel and give me the data to put into the spread sheet. Some of the features I am looking for are, Amortization, Creating Macros and The function and Chart Wizard. If you could please include an ISBN# to locate the text to get me started on Excel 2003. John List of books at Debra Dalgleish's site. Some have CD's attached http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlbooks.html Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 2 Oct 2007 12:57:23 -0700, John <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am trying to find ...

Task Create - Status

Public folder email addresses
I'm TRYING but failing to enable emails from the outside world to go directly to public folders. It was easy to do in exchange 2000, but so far no dice on my new exchange 2k3 (part of SBS 2k3). I have even tried creating a new distribution group, with the "archive to public folder" and assigning the group an email address. I checked permission and anonymous has contributor rights to the public folder, but I still am not recieving emails to the public folder. Help! Eric Hi Eric, Are you getting a Non-Delivery Report when you send a message to the public folder? If so, ...

Query on Group field in Pivot Table
I have a large database wherein under Date column, data is in the format "Thu Oct 1 12:00 AM". When I use Pivot Table Under OPTIONS->GROUP-> Group Field is disabled. I used this to group Date field to either present data by Month, quarter at one click. Can anybody guide me why this seems to be disabled here. I want to present my data only by Monthwithout changing the format ""Thu Oct 1 12:00 AM". Thanks Hi Shewta Check you Data Source of your Pivot. it should come up like "Sheet6!$G$1:$I$821" and not like "'\Documents and...

Create external database

Organizing Outlook folder for group to work from.
I'm just wondering if Outlook has the capability to do the following: We are a group of four people who work from a single Inbox for support emails. Each one of us specializes in handling a different set of issues. We want to be able to flag email in this inbox so that everyone in the group knows that one of us is working that email. Anyway to add flags with our names instead of the default colored flags? Also, we want the messages to not "Mark as Read" for the whole group when only one of us reads it. Any good way of doing this? Ideally, it would be great if the message was mar...

Getting data from Several Work Books
Dear all, After some advis here, I have several workbooks all with different names but in the same directory I.E. Excel1.xls Excel2.xls Excel3.xls Excel4.xls In each of the above I want to get out the value for say A2. And put it in a totals.xls in the same directory. I started to do it and I got this as my value .. ='[Excel1.xls]Expense Report'!$R$20 <-------- This returned the correct value. When i opened the document again it asked if i wanted to "update" the workboog ... whick i did want to have the updated info, the pro...

How to create pie chart with %

Printing address lables from spreadsheet?
I have created numerous address lists on spreadsheets. Is it possible to construct these lists in a way to send to a printer and it just labels the envelopes and such? I do this all the time... I use mail merge in Word and use my exce sheet as the database. I have found it to be the best way to get whole bunch of different envelopes/letters out quickly -- eluehman ----------------------------------------------------------------------- eluehmann's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1309 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?th...

when form created

Creating a Brochure

How to create Access macro shortcut

Creating an ad book

Access unable to create an MDE

How do I print addresses on individual postcards ?
How do I print on individual post card which I have purchased? I would also like to know how to print those addreses using mail merge. Is this possible on Microsoft Word? "LuRa" <LuRa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D569B3FE-42B1-4307-A79E-E7678B934F70@microsoft.com... > How do I print on individual post card which I have purchased? > I would also like to know how to print those addreses using mail merge. > Is this possible on Microsoft Word? Use the Publisher Mail Merge feature. I know it's a four-letter word, but Publisher 2003 Help will prov...

Importing Address Book #9
How can I import an OE address book from OE on another hard drive? bob <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How can I import an OE address book from OE on another > hard drive? Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...