Create email rule which requires 2 words or phrases to delete

I'm trying to set up some rules to automatically delete some recurrin
spam I receive.  I know how to set it up so that it will look for
word or another word and then delete the email if it finds either word
Is there a way to set it up so that it won't delete the email unless i
finds both words?

Thanks,

Nat

--
ndillon1
ndillon19's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=448

Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i

ndillon19 <ndillon19.2er9uc@NoSpamPleaze.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to set up some rules to automatically delete some recurring
> spam I receive.  I know how to set it up so that it will look for 1
> word or another word and then delete the email if it finds either
> word. Is there a way to set it up so that it won't delete the email
> unless it finds both words?

I'm assuming that these two words are separated by some unspecified string
of other characters, otherwise you'd just include them both in a single
phrase.

There's a way to to this with two rules.  I've tried it and it works.  Let's
assume that the two words you want to filter are "corn" and "pone".  Create
one rule that uses the condition "with _specific words_ in the body", with
"corn" as the specific words.  The action of that rule should be "assign it
to the _specific_ category, choosing "Corn" as the category.  It doesn't
matter if that category exists because you can add it to the Category list.
You can also use one of the existing categories if you wish.  That's all
that that rule should do.  It will look like this:

Apply this rule after the message arrives
with _corn_ in the body
assign it to the _Corn_ category.

(Note that if you are using Exchange and the category "Corn" is NOT in the
global category list, the rule will become a client-side rule.)

The second rule should use the conditions "with _specific words_ in the
body", specifying "pone" as the specific words, and "assigned to the
_specific_ category" with "Corn" (or whatever category you chose in the
first rule) as the category.  The actions should be "delete it" and "stop
processing more rules".  This second rule MUST follow the first rule and I
would recommend that it follow it immediately, with no intervening rules.

(Note that this rule, too, will be a client-side rule if you're using
Exchange and the category is not in the global category list.)

The combination of these two rules should delete any message coming in that
contains the string
"corn <anything at all> pone".  Keep in mind, though, that because Outlooks
rules work on substrings, these two rules will also delete a message
containing the string "The company popcorn party will be postponed until
next week."  You'll have to decide whether a message like that is important
enough to keep.  If the two words are unlikely to be substrings of other
words, then the rules should work well.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16051)

can i create message for icon which create in DLL
Hello guys, how to call NOTIFYICONDATA and post message to the icon in MFC extension dll? I can create the icon, but i can not catch the message which point to the icon. my code in DllMain: CreateDialog((HINSTANCE)AfxGetApp(),MAKEINTRESOURCE (IDD_DIALOG1),NULL,SetDispDlgProc); dlgTimer.Create(IDD_DIALOG1); SetResolutionMenu (dlgTimer); m_hIcon = AfxGetApp()->LoadIcon(IDI_DLLSTATUS); StatusAreaIcon(NIM_ADD,1006,m_hIcon,"running"); but the callback function SetDispDlgProc() never be called except Create, why? thank you! delu "delu" <qiudelu@hotmail.com&...

Outgoing emails
I am having an issue when trying to send emails out.... It has been working fine until about 2 weeks ago. Please help. Message appears as follows..... -- The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test', Account: 'mail.aapt.net.au', Server: 'mail.aapt.net.au', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 23, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Try port 25. If you still get an error post back. There are cases where that doesn't work either and you need to change it, and another option as well . . . . let's just try one thing at ...

Emailing in excel 2003 02-26-10

Automatic Calculation #2
Why is automatic calculation keeps running even though there is no modification done in my spreadsheet? Thanks, Lucie Ch�nier What makes you think that excel is recalculating? If it's because you see Calculate in the statusbar, it could be... http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=243495 XL: Calculate Message Remains in Status Bar If 65,536 Formula References "Lucie Ch�nier" wrote: > > Why is automatic calculation keeps running even though there is no > modification done in my spreadsheet? > > Thanks, > > Lucie Ch�nier -- Dave Peterso...

Quirky recent file list #2
Debra--- I do tend to open from Windows Explore more then File>Open. But I am saving the file. It's more that it is annoying when I close a file by accident and don't quite remember where it got saved on the server. Stacie -- SPenney ------------------------------------------------------------------------ SPenney's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1079 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=267592 Well, I guess you weren't the only one who wanted this behaviour changed. <g> If/when you upgr...

Windows Live Email Time Stamp
The windows live time stamp on all outgoing emails is 4hours later than the actual time. PC time is setup with the correct time zone. Only happens when using the online windows live email access. Can anyone assist? Thanks. v "dioncnr" <dioncnr@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht news:68BCFE8E-74E3-4967-B733-209DCE7C3BED@microsoft.com... > The windows live time stamp on all outgoing emails is 4hours later than > the > actual time. PC time is setup with the correct time zone. Only happens > when > using the online windows live ...

Office:mac v.X #2
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel I have subject version of Office. I know that there must be updates to this so I can bring this up to date but I can seem to find the ones I need to start the process. Can someone get me to the beginning? Thanks!!! You can get the Office X 10.1.9 update here: http://snipurl.com/22zx4 On 3/30/08 3:09 PM, in article ee96b4c.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "AWOLGolfer@officeformac.com" <AWOLGolfer@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: v.X > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: intel &g...

How do I create a pivot table if the pivot table icon or menu ite.
If rhe pivot table icon ...??? Please clarify in the body of the message. "Lynn@WS" <Lynn@WS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E6B098C-551A-4389-9048-7F4F5A6E5EF8@microsoft.com... > ...

How to set tab order for a dynamically created CEdit?
Anyone knows? Use SetWindowPos(...) and change the position in the z-order. -- Vipin Aravind <mdnightman@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1139117672.835639.159660@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Anyone knows? > Use SetWindowPos. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com <mdnightman@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1139117672.835639.159660@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Anyone knows? > ...

EXCEL TROUBLESHOOTING #2

ActiveX Control in Word
Hello, I have a couple of issues with an activex control developed in MFC targeted for Office. In Powerpoint, when the user right clicks on my control and selects "Edit", my control starts receiving mouse and keyboard input, since it becomes active. However, in Word when the user selects Edit, the control does not recive any input. But if I click the design toggle button in the Control toolbar, the control goes active and recives input. I would like my control to be activated in Word the same way as it gets activated in Powerpoint, is this possible? The second issue is, when...

Exchange 2007 Evaluation version #2

DB Emailing Questions
1) How do i format the message text of an email in Access. I used macro builder - action = sendobject. Can you use code builder? if so, please give me an idea of how the code will be like. 2) Also can i assign the email to have a recipient automatically or do i have to write it down each time? Thank you in advance. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/201001/1 On Jan 21, 11:51=A0am, "axm0035 via AccessMonster.com" <u56602@uwe> wrote: > 1) How do i format the message text of an email in Acce...

deleting fonts
My computer uses Vista Home Premium. I just had to reset it to its original state. I'm trying to delete fonts, but don't have permission. I am the only user of this computer and its administrator. When I've gone into the Fonts folder Properties - Security tab, the option for Special permissions is grayed out. When I click the Advanced option ("For special permissions or advanced settings, I don't know what to do next. Can someone please walk me through how to get permission in the Fonts folder so I can delete fonts? Thanks Kelly On Wed, 6 Jan 2010 07:...

How can I instantly delete emails? I get a strikethrough + purge

A rule that places a new email in a sub Folder doesnt get displayed
Create a folder; Create a rule that moves new mails to that folder; Happy as larry. When a new mail arrives, outlook shows a blue numeric value next to the folder to indicate unread messages. However, if you add another folder to the folder created above, ie a sub folder and create a rule to move new email, you have to have the tree fully extended to be informed of a new email. Is there a way to see if an new email has been sent to a sub folder without having the tree list expanded? Cheers Phil What version of Outlook and what Service Pack level? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outloo...

Unable to create more Windows NT accounts for Exchange mailboxes
Hi Guys, Currently our Exchange server stopped allowing the creation of more Windows NT Accounts with the following error"Insufficient System Resources exist to complete the requested service".Pls is there a way out of this? We run Exchange 5.5 SP3 on Windows NT Server. -- Buchi ...

Chart
From: <c@c.c> Subject: Chart - Title Widths Date: Tuesday, February 03, 2004 12:43 PM Chart - Title Widths Does anyone know how to find the width of a title/axis title? ...

Upgrading from Exchange 2000 Standard to Enterprise Cal ? #2
Hello Everyone, I know the upgrade process from exchange 2000 standard to enterprise seems pretty straight forward. However, I have a cal question. Are my standard cals still good with this upgrade. Say I have right now standard 2000 with 30 cals. If I upgrade to Exchange 2000 Enterprise with 25 cals to pass the 16mb limitation. Would I then only have the 25 cals or 55 total cals? Thanks ...

Create pre-set margins & page no's.
How does one "pre-set" margins & desired page-numbering option so that most Word files that a person creates or copies from the Internet automatically are set to these specifications when a new document page is opened? (I am tired of doing this "by hand"over and over again each day!) Also, can I create one or more of this type of "template?" (I've never done this sort of thing before.) Create a template with the desired options specified. See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customization/CreateATemplatePart1.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Wo...

Question Regarding Excel 2007 Formatting Corruption #2