Create email rule which requires 2 words or phrases to delete

I'm trying to set up some rules to automatically delete some recurrin
spam I receive.  I know how to set it up so that it will look for
word or another word and then delete the email if it finds either word
Is there a way to set it up so that it won't delete the email unless i
finds both words?

Thanks,

Nat

--
ndillon1
ndillon19's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=448

Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i

ndillon19 <ndillon19.2er9uc@NoSpamPleaze.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to set up some rules to automatically delete some recurring
> spam I receive.  I know how to set it up so that it will look for 1
> word or another word and then delete the email if it finds either
> word. Is there a way to set it up so that it won't delete the email
> unless it finds both words?

I'm assuming that these two words are separated by some unspecified string
of other characters, otherwise you'd just include them both in a single
phrase.

There's a way to to this with two rules.  I've tried it and it works.  Let's
assume that the two words you want to filter are "corn" and "pone".  Create
one rule that uses the condition "with _specific words_ in the body", with
"corn" as the specific words.  The action of that rule should be "assign it
to the _specific_ category, choosing "Corn" as the category.  It doesn't
matter if that category exists because you can add it to the Category list.
You can also use one of the existing categories if you wish.  That's all
that that rule should do.  It will look like this:

Apply this rule after the message arrives
with _corn_ in the body
assign it to the _Corn_ category.

(Note that if you are using Exchange and the category "Corn" is NOT in the
global category list, the rule will become a client-side rule.)

The second rule should use the conditions "with _specific words_ in the
body", specifying "pone" as the specific words, and "assigned to the
_specific_ category" with "Corn" (or whatever category you chose in the
first rule) as the category.  The actions should be "delete it" and "stop
processing more rules".  This second rule MUST follow the first rule and I
would recommend that it follow it immediately, with no intervening rules.

(Note that this rule, too, will be a client-side rule if you're using
Exchange and the category is not in the global category list.)

The combination of these two rules should delete any message coming in that
contains the string
"corn <anything at all> pone".  Keep in mind, though, that because Outlooks
rules work on substrings, these two rules will also delete a message
containing the string "The company popcorn party will be postponed until
next week."  You'll have to decide whether a message like that is important
enough to keep.  If the two words are unlikely to be substrings of other
words, then the rules should work well.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

create a roster

Synchronise email from computer to laptop
Hi Can anyone advise me how to set up my laptop to receive the emails that I receive on my main computer. The laptop is linked up wireless to my main computer. I also have a phone and the emails download to the phone but not to the laptop. Many thanks Saxon Using POP3? Enable the option to leave a copy on the server in your account settings; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/160 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.in...

footer in excel #2
What is the easiest way to make a footer in excel that will print ON EVERY PAGE? EXCEL 2000 Page Setup Header/Footer Put your entry in Footer "LED1" <LED1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D226F524-7267-48D9-98AE-A1C768B6921E@microsoft.com... : What is the easiest way to make a footer in excel that will print ON EVERY : PAGE? EXCEL 2000 ...

Task Create - Status

Stuck in outbox #2
whenever i send an email outside of outlook (whether it be from internet explorer or forwarding an email from an open folder) the email does not send automatically, it just sits in outlook outbox. i always have to physically open up outlook to release the email. this is very anoying and never happened with outlook express. before, it just sent automatically. thanks ...

Convert two separate Word documents into one
Anybody know how to merge/convert two separate (one page) Word document into one (two page) document? HELP> In news:B5526982-84F0-4552-A34F-7F72AB3DADDC@microsoft.com, CAOWEN <CAOWEN@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Anybody know how to merge/convert two separate (one page) Word > document into one (two page) document? > > HELP> Open one of them. PUt the cursor at the very bottom (CTRL-END keys works well for that). Click Insert File. Save the resulting combined file to a NEW NAME to avoid losing either of the two originals. HTH, Twayne ...

Create external database

How to create pie chart with %

Outlook Word Editor Curser Default
While typing an email in Outlook 2003 using MS Word editor, the curser goes to another location if you hesitate while composing the email. This drives a person crazy because you can't take your eyes off the screen for a moment. There is an option setting to set the curser off the default setting meaning the curser goes the message box automatically. This fixed it a over year ago, but when I downloaded updates the setting regressed back and I forgot how to correct this problem. HELP!! ...

How do I turn on drag and drop in MS Word 2007?
It seems that drag and drop has stopped working..... I have no clue why. There are instructions on how to turn drag and drop on/off for MS Word 2003, but I can't find the directions on how to do this for Word 2007. I'd like to turn this back on. Can anyone help? Click on the the Office Button (top/left) and at the bottom of that window click on Word Options. In that window choose Advanced. Drag and Drop is the third choice down. (That said... it doesn't always work even when you have selected it. Sigh) The problem could have to do with the Symbols dialog box. When you...

Help with sending emails
I can not send emails, I keep getting the error message below. I have aol and am using the aol incomming and outgoing settings. Any help would be appreciated. The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was '...

550 5.7.1 error when others send email to us
We have Exchange 2003 and have two domains set up and they have been working fine for years. We recently added a third domain but senders to this domain get a "remote host said: 550 5.7.1. Unable to relay" when they send email to it. The new domain has been added under recipient policy and the mx records are correct. All our IT professionals have been scratching their heads over this one....please help! Go into your recipient policy and edit the new address. Make sure that the box is checked that states "This Exchange Organization is responsible for all mail deliver...

Where is it storing email addresses I reply to, not in contacts
Help I do not have a global contacts option that comes up. All that is available is my outlook and the contacts. outlook is empty and contact list is as it should be. When I type in s, it gives me all these addresses for people that I replied to their mail. I don't know how to find a setting to keep it from adding the email addresses and I don't know how to find where its storing them in order to delete them. Thanks They are stored in your autocompletin cache, a file with an NK2 extension. Remove individual addresses from the autocompletion cache by highlighting the entry wh...

Move attachments from certain Exchange 2k email address to a network folder
Does anyone know if its possible to poll a particular email address and move or copy any TIF attachments to a network folder? We have SBS 2000 with Exchange 2000. Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Dan Williams Not to worry, i found an alternative method to do what we needed. dan_williams@newcross-nursing.com (Dan Williams) wrote in message news:<2eac5d02.0405200811.5252b7c2@posting.google.com>... > Does anyone know if its possible to poll a particular email address > and move or copy any TIF attachments to a network folder? > > We have SBS 2000 with Exchange 2000. ...

when form created

UDF #2
hi Can someone explain me about UDF & its use? Thanks in advance A UDF is a user defined function. You can create a UDF and use it in a formula in a worksheet in the same way as a built-in function. You would create one to do something the built-in functions do not do, such as a look left VLOOKUP, or when you want to simplify a complex formula. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Ankur" <Ankur@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DB8738FE-AF09-4ADD-A180-7B6A7C98EC8B@microsoft.com... > hi > > Can someone explain...

Creating a Brochure

How to create Access macro shortcut

Tab Sequence? #2
tab sequence? Is there a way to set the order in which cells are highlighted when pressing the tab key? i.e. I have a cell in which data is entered, and then a button which fires a macro next to it. After entering the data I would like to be able to tab out of the cell and have the button highlighted such that pressing enter on the keyboard would trigger the button - much like a web page. Any suggestions? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ I don't think you can do what you want. Excel allows for very little control over the tab sequence of cells. Moreover, buttons ...