Crashing on startup

Hi,
Outlook XP with sp2 installed developed a big problem a
couple of days ago - it crashes on startup every time.
Outlook loads, and before it can start checking for mail,
I get the outlook has to close message. I've tried
sending the error to check for a fix, but no fix is
available. I didn't make any software changes recently,
so I don't know what has changed. Cold boots don't help,
same behavior. Help!

thanks,
Jeff
0
anonymous (74717)

Send / Receive E-mail at startup
Outlook 2003 will not send/receive e-mail at startup. I have e-mail settings selected to do so but it still does not. Perhaps you could post the settings you used so we can see what's wrong. I'm having a hard time with mind reading today. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Ken" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0a9101c3d9e8$95f02810$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Outlook 2003 will not send/receive e-mail at startup. I > have e-mail settings selected to do so but it still does > not. ...

Money 2005 Crashes on Starup
When I start Money 05 and sign in online, the program goes to the My Money homepage and then crashes. This happens every time I start money while online. If I check the Work Offline checkbox, the system is fine, but I can't download anything. To get it to work I have to start Money 05 and then before I log in, I kill the mnybbsvc.exe program. Then it will occasionally work, but often requires another kill/startup cycle. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks. PS: I have the latest version and it has worked fine for me so far. Brian In microsoft.public.money, Brian Vallelunga wrote: ...

crash in Exit_Instance
I have a simple dialog-based application that loads a dll. I am having a problem with it as follows: When I close the main window, I get an access violation in the ExitInstance function. I see that ExitInstance is called once for the dll (which succeeds) and then once for the main app (which is the call that fails). Stepping through the code, I see that the access violation occurs because the pointer returned by AfxGetModuleState for the second call of ExitInstance points to memory that appears to have been deleted already, and in fact is the same as the pointer returned by the fi...

Information store crashes due to IMC??
I'm running EX5.5SP4 on Win2kSP4 My information store keeps crashing with the exact same event ID's as listed in KB article 278320. Yet the fix listed in the article is SP4 for Exchange?? I even reinstalled SP4 early last week & it's still crashing every third day or so. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Patrick Ford Start by applying post-SP4 hot-fixes. If it continues to crash - call MS PSS and ask for help. KC2NC wrote: > I'm running EX5.5SP4 on Win2kSP4 > My information store keeps crashing with the exact same event ID's as listed > in KB article...

outlook 2003 crashes when opeing inbox email
on certain emails that have a read-only word doc as an attachment, that are in the Inbox, when I go to open them, outlook completely shuts down. other emails are fine. tried this as well: right click on the same email and move to another folder - now I can view it fine. if I reboot the compter, the same situation happens all over again. signed, puzzled Paul in PA ...

anyway common way to handle crash i com object?
Any common way to handle com interface crash?actually i coudn't finout exact reason of crash..(crash coming in releasing time,once in a while) any help really appreciable What kind of crash? Is it throwing an exception? AliR. <hellokareem@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1145870108.295757.254160@t31g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Any common way to handle com interface crash?actually i coudn't finout > exact reason of crash..(crash coming in releasing time,once in a while) > any help really appreciable > You have provided no information to help you. Make a releas...

Clip Organizer Crash Crash Crash
At my wit's end. Win Xp Pro SP1 Office 2002 SP2 Pentium 2.4Ghz HT 1GB RAM Defragged Disk Clean up - OK Recycle Bin - Empty Internet Cache - Clean Temp Folder - Empty Clip Organizer - Compact Video Drivers - OK (Installed when system was set up, operating for 6 months without a problem.) Working on Publisher files. Insert picture, Enter key word, Search, Get results, Start to scroll through results, Little by little, clips start to appear more slowly until finally the program hangs and clips no longer continue to appear, I get 'Program has stopped responding', or have to s...

Money 2003 Crashes
Whenever I change the portfolio view from "standard" to "performance" the Money 2003 Standard program crashes and closes. Do I reinstall the program after backing up my data, or do I first uninstall before doing the reinstall. Thanks, FL Green Reinstalling may not help. See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=104 and http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=85. "FL Green" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1922101c44c83$d4b5fda0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Whenever I change the portfolio view from "standard" > to "performance...

Outlook crashing when selecting Tools/Macros or VBA
Outlook 2K3 crashes ( and restarts ) when you select Macros or Visual Basic editor in the Tools-Menu. Can anyone help me to sort this out ? ( I'am using Windows XP Home Edition ) ...

Latest updates crashed Application Pools on my IIS server!!!
This morning I installed several new updates on an IIS 6.0 server hosting WSS 3.0. It's a standalone SharePoint installation and the same server also runs the SQL 2005. Once the updates were installed and the computer rebooted, all my Application Pools were in "stopped" state with "unspecified error" as description. Of course, all sites hosted on this server came back with "service unavailable" page. I uninstalled four out of seven updates, 955759, 973917, 973904 and 976325 (IE8), and the sites came back online. I had a similar experience wit...

Excel startup: Can't find OPMDAT32.DLL
During Excel's startup I get an error message: Can't find OPMDAT32.DLL How can I fix this problem? Look under tools>add-ins, note which are checked, uncheck all of them and restart excel, if you don't get the message start by checking one by one and close and restart excel until yoiu get the error, that would be the culprit. Also look if you have something in your startup folder -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "M" <M@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D1C106DE-E583-4C0F-AAD6-3588DB36352B@microsoft.com... > During Excel's startup I get an error...

crash
Hi, I have a property page derived class CProp and I tryn to instantiate it like this:- CProp *test = new CProp; When I do this? It crashes in mfc in the below function on line "hInst = AfxGetResourceHandle();" When I use a static library it doesn't cause problems. So I guess I need to be doing some more initialisations before I can instantiate via a shared mfc dll. What is the extra thing that needs to be taken care of? Thanks Vipin HINSTANCE AFXAPI AfxFindResourceHandle(LPCTSTR lpszName, LPCTSTR lpszType) { ASSERT(lpszName != NULL); ASSERT(lpszType != NULL); HI...

Outlook 2003 Crashing
A friend of mine is having a somewhat serious problem with Outlook and so far I've been unable to fix it. One day it was working fine then when she went to start Outlook it reported that it had crashed, the exception code appears to be 0xc0000005 which I've Googled. In most cases people have reported this problem being caused by a corrupt profile or a damaged office installation. Before trying anything else, I ran a chkdsk with both "automatically fix file system errors" and "scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors" just in case this was some d...

Outlook 2007 crashing when opening tracked emails
Hello, Some of my users are experiencing intermittent Outlook 2007 crashes when attempting to open already "Tracked in CRM" emails. Event viewer shows that generic faulty application error. I have tried running office diagnostics, crm diagnostics, re-installs, and adding the most recent CRM 4.0 hotfix. Does anyone have any ideas or has anyone experienced the same thing. Thanks ...

Add-In causes excel 2003 to crash on startup
Hi all, I have a question regarding Microsoft Excel, VBA and add-ins. The story is as follows. We have developed an Excel Add-In using VBA, initially in Excel 2000. They were working fine until the computers were upgraded to Office 2003 (Company IT policy, no choice about it). They stopped working, as some libraries which were referenced by the VBA code changed location. Specifically, it was the Microsoft Office Web Components and the Solver.xla. We managed to find the new locations of these files and changed the references to match these new locations. Next we recreated the add-ins (.xla f...

UMDF crash when uninstall/disable
Hi all, My UMDF driver crashes when it is being disabled or uninstalled. Using Windbg, I got the following error: ntdll!NtWaitForWorkViaWorkerFactory+0xa: 00000000`772317ba c3 ret When I used !analyze -v command, it only shows the following info: Last event: 13dc.12b4: Exit process 0:13dc, code 70000003 debugger time: Sun Jun 6 16:35:05.808 2010 (UTC + 8:00) Then I dump the thread info: .. 1 Id: 13dc.12b4 Suspend: -1 Teb: 000007ff`fffdc000 Unfrozen Start: ntdll!TppWorkerThread (00000000`771f8f00) Priority: 0 Priority class: 32 Affinity:...

Style Crashes
I have been following the excellent shauna Kelly's websie on styles. When I try and base my Heading 4 on Heading 3, word crashes (cpu at 50% for ages) Any thoughts? Much obliged Does this happen in a particular document only? If so, the document is probably corrupt. See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/apperrors/corruptdoc.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Hugo" <Hugo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B9E0F78E-A77A-45E8-BB44-8743AA4B150A@microsoft.com... >I have been following the excellent shauna Kelly's websie on styles....

Mac Office v.10 WORD X 10.1.7 and EXCEL X 10.1.6 FLASH AND CRASH on Opening!
I am on a PowerPC G4, using X v.10.4.10. after I tried to open an attachment in Excel to an email the identity screen would flash and then crash! The same thing happened when i tried to open a document in Word that is-stored on the desktop. the attachment should have been safe as it is class material and came from the Prof. Any suggestions please as to what to do? thank you, Victoria On 10/28/07 6:57 AM, in article 1193579835.110467.23190@v3g2000hsg.googlegroups.com, "2b4Charliethedog@gmail.com" <2b4Charliethedog@gmail.com> wrote: > I am on a PowerPC G4, using X v.1...

Crashes
Outlook 2002 is crashing my computer after 5 to 10 minutes of activity causing necissity to reboot ...

Excel crashes when copying worksheet
Whenever I try to copy or move certain worksheets either within the same workbook or to a new workbook Excel crashes. I cannot reopen Excel (vs. 2000) without deleting it from the Program Manager - it remains in the background. I suspect the problem may have to do with having too many characters in certain cells, although I carefully combed through one of these worksheets and thought that I had fixed all cells so that none had more than 200 characters and it still crashed Excel when I tried to copy it. Does anyone have any solutions for this? ----------------------------------------------...

Outlook 2007 SP2 crashing while downloading images within the emails
Greetings, Using OL2007 SP2 in an exchange 2003 environment, all emails are flowing in perfectly to the clients. Problems show up when one wants to open an email. If its a text email, no problem. If the user opens the email and needs to authorise the download of images within the emails, Outlook 2007 will crash every single time. We have this issue on 4 out of 4 clients using OL2007. Clients using Outlook 2003 SP3 do not experiment this problem. Any idea ? TIA GC ...

Outlook does not open (crashes)
My apologies if this question has been covered somewhere already. I searched this and other newsgroups, and searched Google for an answer without much luck. I use Outlook 2003 mainly for Tasks, along with a few Calendar items and Contacts. Last week, Outlook just stopped working. When I try to open Outlook, it opens, but as soon as everything is done loading, it disappears. Outlook.exe is not running, which is strange because I have pocket PC, an old HP/Compaq iPAQ 3900 series and Outlook.exe always starts up with the computer. Other symptoms: I have not been able to sync with the iPAQ (Cale...

Money 2002 crashes on opening
When I attempt to open M02 it seems to start OK then just after it plays the opening chord the screen changes from cream to white and a send MS this error report comes up refering to Event ID (1000) I cannot find any ref to this. I am using XP. Please help I am getting the same thing using Money 2003. It started happening just today, Feb 02, 2004. Anyone? Please help! "Jim Henry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<919d01c3e9e7$46f16c10$a601280a@phx.gbl>... > When I attempt to open M02 it seems to start OK then just > after it play...

Back-off crash -
Thanks to Jeff I 'am back and running. I just have one more question - I had made several custom label design can I copy does from my system backup or where would they be located. If you did a standard installation to c drive: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Retail Management System\Store Operations\Labels Otherwise in your install directory under \Microsoft Retail Management System\Store Operations\Labels Marc "Dan-902" <alias@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:OkUnvTrOKHA.1876@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Thanks to Jeff > > I 'am back and r...

puclbisher crashing
Help! when i goto print in publisher it crashes and gives a ms error report!! sometimes it does print but the there are only 2 printers and there should be three!! there are 3 in other programs just not publisher! help me please thanks andy Andy wrote: > Help! when i goto print in publisher it crashes and gives a ms error > report!! sometimes it does print but the there are only 2 printers and > there should be three!! there are 3 in other programs just not > publisher! help me please > > thanks > > andy With what?! You've given us absolutely no information and...