Counting the number of emails

Hello

Is it possible in versions 2000, 2001, 2002, and 2003 of Outlook to count
the number of emails received/sent without having to 1, 2, 3, 4, 5......

Many thanks

Steve
0
SteveH (21)

"SteveH" <SteveH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello
>
> Is it possible in versions 2000, 2001, 2002, and 2003 of Outlook to
> count
> the number of emails received/sent without having to 1, 2, 3, 4,
> 5......
>
> Many thanks
>
> Steve

What's wrong with looking down at the left end of the status bar when
you select a folder to see "x Items, y Unread"?

** Post your replies to the newsgroup - Share with others **
For e-mail Reply: remove "NIXTHIS", add "#VS811" to Subject.

Vanguard
4/11/2005 4:50:41 PM
That only tells me how many messages I have (read or otherwise) in a
particular folder. These messages may have been there for many moons. I asked
if there was a way of counting the messages received (read or otherwise)
today (or any specific day).

Cheers!

SteveH
0
SteveH (21)
4/12/2005 11:59:03 AM
> I asked
> if there was a way of counting the messages received (read or
> otherwise)
> today (or any specific day).

No, you did not.  Reread your original post.  Where in it is the word
"today" or the phrase "any specific day"?  You did not write what you
meant to ask but we can only see what you wrote.

Go to View -> Current View -> Customize Current View, Filter, and define
a new view that shows which days you want to include in the view along
with the other criteria.  You can switch between the view that shows all
messages (i.e., the normal view) and your custom view that shows only
those messages that meet the criteria of that custom view.

** Post your replies to the newsgroup - Share with others **
For e-mail Reply: remove "DELETE", add "~VN56~" to Subject.

Vanguard

Email from Publisher 2002 becomes very fuzzy
I need to send a publisher document from publisher containing both text and one graphic as the body of an email (using MS outlook). I have done this COUNTLESS times with absolutelly no problem as this is extremelly common in advertising real estate. Now, every time I send the email it comes out fuzzy. One discussion mentioned it being saved as a picture which i believe is what's happening but the solution given in the discussion was not helpful. What can i do to make it stop sending as a picture?? Why not compose the email within Outlook? When you send a Publisher document in ...

How to get a long column of numbers to wrap and print on 1 page?
I have a long column of numbers that we add to daily. This column needs to be sorted in ascending order and then printed. I don't know of a way to sort multiple columns together so that is why it is one long column. Is there a way to get it to print as multiple columns across a page so as to not have numerous pages with only 1 column on each? Thanks. take a look here: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm In article <3880FBB4-BF95-4A82-B98A-519C79BF1A34@microsoft.com>, Sue <Sue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a long column of numbers th...

why is my publisher email newsletter 12MB. can I reduce the size?
Sounds like you have some images in the newsletter. A better method of sending newsletters is convert them to a pdf file and attach to the email. The pdf file will be much smaller which will be appreciated by the folks receiving it; especially those who have dial up service. Many folks here like primopdf which can be downloaded at www.primopdf.com I prefer the better program, PDF-XChange (modestly priced) which can be downloaded at http://www.docu-track.com/downloads/users/ (Check out the Tools add-on - motto bene!) -- Don Vancouver, USA "Soar" <Soar@discussions.mi...

Outlook Rules for excluding & including email groups
Does any 1 know how to only send an out of office message to a specific group, for example any one with email ending with @iam.edu, I tried to creat a rule to inlcude certain business groups and also need to exclude certain server list too ...

Pivot table and counting.

Cycle Counting

Removiing decimals from an excel number
Here is the issue: I have numbers like this one - 10000.01.01.200 I just want the prime number 10000. How can I do that? I tried Ctrl+F and replace but is there a more efficient way? Thanks! =LEFT(A1,FIND(".",A1)-1) -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201001 "Data Analyst" wrote: > Here is the issue: I have numbers like this one - 10000.01.01.200 > > I just want the prime number 10000. How can I do that? I tried Ctrl+F and > replace but is there a more efficient way? > > Thanks! try this =LEFT(A1,FIND(".",A1,1)-1)...

Email to all addresses in auto populate
I have Outlook 2003 and I am in the process of changing my email address and would like to notify all contacts that have been saved in my auto populate. Is there a way to email them all or do I have to manually add each one? Thanks!! "Kim Dorsett" <kimdorsett1@gmail.com> wrote in message news:30d16b27-47ea-4ddd-ad08-4975827eb3af@h11g2000yqb.googlegroups.com... > I have Outlook 2003 and I am in the process of changing my email > address and would like to notify all contacts that have been saved in > my auto populate. Is there a way to email them all or do I have t...

Count

Window's verson numbers
I'm writing an app in C++ using VS.net and I need to do this based on the OS. I can get the OS version number using _osver global variable found in the include STDLIB.H. But I need a list of what version number correspond to what OS so I know what the value in _osver means. Does anyone know where I can find these definitions? Also the major and minor builds might be useful? If this is the wrong newsgroup could you direct me to the right one? Thank Lots, Neil Neil B wrote: >I'm writing an app in C++ using VS.net and I need to do this based on the OS. >I can get the OS ver...

Line count

Counting sales

Emails Doubling
People are receiving doubles of my emails. Why is this? Sometimes I receive doubles of others' emails also. "pammor" <pammor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CE3A796F-FC12-4712-9510-8163FB406E73@microsoft.com... > People are receiving doubles of my emails. Why is this? Sometimes I > receive > doubles of others' emails also. Go to the Tools menu>Accounts> ensure that you do not have your account set up twice, if so remove one instance of it. -- Regards Steve. MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK. http://www.getsafeonline.org...

Emails with Attachments
I would like to export 350 HTML email messages -- each with a TEXT email message attached to it -- using the [File] - [Import and export...] - [Export to a file] method (or any other method) such that the content of each HTML email message and that of each attached TEXT email message are exported. Is there a straightforward or suitable workaround method for doing this? Thanks! Steve Forrestor xgfr92yx@yahoo.com Note: Remove spam-spoofing x's to email me directly. "Steve Forrestor" <xgfr92yx@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Z62dneANjZSl32TcRVn-uQ@comcast.com... >...

COUNT ? need formula
Hi, I want to track the results of my teams sales performance. I record if it is a sale, no sale, cancelled etc in column M. I thought I'd be able to use the COUNT function/formula to be able to search for all the SALES in column M and place the result in a cell ( column O )but I can't work it out. Any ideas? Damian Hi! Try this: =COUNTIF(M1:M100,"sale") Biff "Diamond Jones" <kwanzaNOSPAM@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:43a0e897$0$17704$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au... > Hi, > > I want to track the results of my teams sales perf...

telephone number field mask
I have a field I use for telephone numbers. I would like the mask to return data like this : 111 111 1111. What is the formula for this? Any help is appreciated. Mtn244: Thanks much for assistance. I tried your mask with great success. All is good in River City. Thanks again for your help. Frank "mtn244" <mtn244@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:82895481-BC0D-4FB7-A9A8-1649395C1224@microsoft.com... > Try this input mask: > !999 000 0000;0; > > "Frank" wrote: > >> I have a field I use for telephone numbers. I would lik...

Outlook 03 email hangs in Outbox
XP/Outlook03/Norton same problem on cable and phone with three different computers. Up until about a month ago when I typed a new email and hit send. No problem it would go out one by one. No new hardware or software other than virus and OS updates. About a month ago, emails would collect inthe outbox rather than go out individually. Now I have to go into outbox and then hit send/receive. 50% of the time all the messages except one email goes out. 40% of the time none of the email messages go out. 10% of the time I get on the cable Ox800CCCoF error message stating that cannot connect...

Count Function
I am creating a report for the number of pupils being collected at a certain collection time e.g. 14:00hr and 15:00hrs using the formula =Count([Child Last Name]) in the collection time footer However when i try to count the overall number of pupils in the footer using the same formula, 'Error' appears on screen? Thanks There are potentially a dozen footer sections in a report. Which one is giving you a problem? What is the name of the control? What is the exact formula? -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "ELo" wrote: > I am creating a r...

Counting a count
How do I count a count?? This is what im trying to do: I have a database with a table named tblMain and has incorporated everything within that table but contains info from about 8 other tables. I have not doesigned this database and it appears to have a very poor structure...anyway There are three fields involved in this process...'Request' (either 'dispensation', 'waiver' or 'dispensation and waiver'), 'Department' (which consists of 7 other drop down menu options) and 'RequestStatus' which contains the status of each request by another...

Number format / field size
I want to set a Primary key with 16 digits - 4 groups of 4 numbers with spaces between - which I can use in a calculated field to increment. I have tried every permutation I can think of, can anyone help please? Use 4 separate fields, put contraints so that none of them can exceed 9999, and concatenate them into a single field in a calculated field in a query. Use the query wherever you would otherwise have used the table. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "Kitty R" <Kitty R@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess...

Sending files as attatchments to email recipients directly from Word or Excel
In the past, I have made extensive use of the Word menu item that allows one to send the document one is working on directly to an email recipient without leaving Word. The menu item sequence is: file -- send to -- mail recipient. For the last several weeks, the option to send to mail recipient has been disabled (grayed out). I can't figure out why. I think this may have happend about the time I updated to the latest versoin of the Mac OS operating system, or perhaps when I downloaded a demo version of Office 2004, but I'm not sure. Any help on how to restore this function would be muc...

Why is Outlook 2003 synchronizing folders from a PoP email account!
I have one internet email account. No Exchange. I loaded Outlook 2003 3 days ago. All of a sudden. Today, it is synchronizing my folders. It takes forever and seems to be in some kind of a loop. 2 hours and still no email downloaded. Let the games begin, again. Another product from Microsoft with major bugs right out of the shoot. SP1 ready yet? Any Microsoft employees here care to tell me how to disable the synchronization of my folders to other folders that don't exist? Do you care to tell us what options you selected before shooting off your opinions about Microsoft???? --� Milly S...