Without any warning, some preferences for Word 2003 when I use it as the
email editor for Outlook got goofy today. When I'm in edit mode (creating a
new
email or replying to an old one), the fonts look bolder and larger than they
should. When I send the email, they look fine when received. The fonts all
look okay when I stop using Word as my email editor.

I thought that maybe a Word preference got corrupted. I've tried deleting
the Normal.dot file (for Word, since it seems that Word is at least part of
the problem) and also doing the "detect and repair" option, but I'm still
having the same problem.

Any guidance would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

0
rstanley (3)

I got it fixed. Somehow, in zoom, magnification got changed to 110%. Once I
changed it back to 100%, all is good.

"Robert Stanley" <rstanley@illegitimatepresident.org> wrote in message
> Without any warning, some preferences for Word 2003 when I use it as the
> email editor for Outlook got goofy today. When I'm in edit mode (creating
> a new
> email or replying to an old one), the fonts look bolder and larger than
> they should. When I send the email, they look fine when received. The
> fonts all look okay when I stop using Word as my email editor.
>
> I thought that maybe a Word preference got corrupted. I've tried deleting
> the Normal.dot file (for Word, since it seems that Word is at least part
> of the problem) and also doing the "detect and repair" option, but I'm
> still having the same problem.
>
> Any guidance would be most appreciated.
>
> Thanks.

0
rstanley (3)

Can I make my own picture into a symbol for use in word/excel?
I created some graphics that I want to insert as symbols (half circle, quarter circle, full circle - pie charts). How can I turn into symbols that can be added to the autocorrect feature on word? Insert the picture into a document. Right-click the picture and make sure to specify the Text Wrapping that you want. Select the picture and then display the AutoCorrect dialog box (in Word 2007, click Office button | Word Options | Proofing | AutoCorrect Options). In the "Replace" box, type whatever key combinations should trigger the AutoCorrection. At "With," be ...

Problem with Word table in Excel
Hope someone can help. Here's my problem. I want to easily double the amounts in each row of a column in a Microsoft Word table. I exported the table to Excel, inserted a column (column B) next to the one I wanted to work with, and typed the formula =A1*2. I then copied it to the rest of the cells in the B column. Of course, it worked. All the numbers in the A column were doubled in the corresponding B-column cells. But when I went to copy the doubled B-column numbers into the A column, I got a circular reference error. Problem is that I'm copying the formula, not the actu...

the ribbons in word 2007 is too clutered while in the home tab, a
I LIKE WORD 2007 YET WHEN WORKING IN THE HOME TAB, IT SEEMS TO BE TO CLUTTERED. IS THERE ANYWAY I CAN REMOVE BUTTONS I DON'T USE TO REDUCE THE CLUTTER? http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Customize_Ribbon.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "ROBERT" <R...

Outlook 2003 on NT4
Hi, will Outlook 2003 (Client) install on NT 4 Workstation. If so what Service Pack do I need Thanks Adrian No. Office/Outlook 2003 will require Windows 2000 (SP3) or newer. -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "Adrian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:052301c3ce81$42b13a80$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, will Outlook 2003 (Client) install on NT 4 > Workstation. If so what Service Pack do I need > Thanks > Adrian Thanks for the reply ......... Adrian >-----Orig...

opening old MS Word for Mac documents
I have many Word documents I cannot open on my present OSX.4.11 PowerBook G4 computer. All of them are from November 1992 and before. I can open all later documents. The earlier documents can open in Word or Text edit, but they only show the greeting of the letter or the first few words of the document and then revert to gibberish. Its hard for me to accept that all that historical material is now lost forever. Thanks You could buy MacLink Plus, as it can open older Word formats (all the way down to Word 4). Also, some older Word for Windows application might be able to open them. <h...

outlook 2002 04-21-10
I am getting emails with links but I can't open them. I am getting a notice that the operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator.... Pls help !! In Internet Explorer click Tools | Internet Options | Advanced and then click the Reset button. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "שרית" <@discussions.micr...

Outlook Messages are blank
We have a user with outlook 2000 who has received 3 emails today with blank messages (nothing in the message body). Other users who have been sent the same message receive text within the message. We run an exchange server and the user's email is kept in .pst files. Her .pst is about 80mb. The user did not make any changes to her email settings. Any clues as to what would cause this? On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 16:08:13 -0700, "Andy Henderson" <sfmarkh@pacbell.net> wrote: >We have a user with outlook 2000 who has received 3 emails today with blank >messages (nothing in...

Database corruption?
Native mode Ex2003 Standard SP1 on Win2003 in Win2003 Interim Mode domain. Many (but not all) mailboxes are reported through System Manager and through Outlook mailbox properties as being larger than they actually are. Often, a lot larger. In one case, a users Outbox folder was reported as being over 50MB when, in fact, it was empty. It also seems to be the case that for these mailboxes, users can't use Recover Deleted Items. When they select the item and click the recover button, the item disappears from Recover Deleted Items but never appears in the Deleted Items folder. The last symp...

OWA 2003 Issue (Attachment corruption) #3
Hello everyone, We have Front-End/Back-End configuration of Exchange 2003 Std. servers (SP2 and all hot fixes after it). So, if someone sends e-mail with attachment through OWA the attachment becomes corrupted (it has same size and name but could not be read by any application / system splits attachment and put 2 parts of it into message using the same name of file). It happens to all documents (Word, Excel, PDF) image files (JPG,GIF,PNG) are affected as well. We tried to send those files through usual MS Outlook 2003 and they go just perfect. We have McAfee Groupshield 6.02 for Exch...

Help with outlook 2000
When I attach a document in outlook 2000 it attaches it into the mail message. How do I either get an atachment pane under the "cc" and "subject" panes, or I have seen the screen split horizontally and the inserted document is shown below the message. Thanks in advance. Dave Dave G <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I attach a document in outlook 2000 it attaches it > into the mail message. How do I either get an atachment > pane under the "cc" and "subject" panes, or I have seen > the screen split horizontally ...

Outlook Express 2007
When I try to delete a message from my inbox, i get an error message (a folder by this name already exists) does anyone know how to correct this? -- Roady Roady wrote: > When I try to delete a message from my inbox, i get an error message (a > folder by this name already exists) does anyone know how to correct this? There is no such software as Outlook Express 2007. There is Outlook 2007. There is Outlook Express 6. This newsgroup discusses Outlook. For questions on Outlook EXPRESS, ask in a newsgroup on that product. ...

Outlook security message regarding accessing email addresses
Win XP HE, SP 1, OL 2002 SP3 Follow-up to microsoft.public.outlook Hi, Trying to synch my cell phone with OL, I am getting a message from OL saying--a program is trying to access email addresses. Do you want to allow it? And it gives a time window (1 mn, 5 mn or 10 mn) to choose to allow. This could be interfering with my ability to synch. How do I get rid of this setting? Thanks. S Saturnin02, I am also experienceing the same message and have not found away to correct this. It started showing up about 3 or 4 weeks ago out of the clear blue. Mine only pops up though when I try to rea...

Word Search Puzzles
It's not "exactly" related to Pub, but then again, it's not "How do I make a pdf?" I create one of these each week in my paper. Thirty-nine words related to a specific topic. I have at least 350 of these and I was thinking, as a way to make money, that I should publish a book of them (I use a program that rearranges all the words so they would not be repeats). However, the cost of publishing a book is somewhat stiff, so I came upon the idea of making a pdf file and putting it on a CD. People would have to print the puzzle but there are not that many people w...

Outlook XP will not delete client only rules
I have a user who has 75 or do rules which are on the client and when we try to delete them, it looks like they are deleted, but once you close outlook and reopen it, all the rules come back. Does anyone know of a way to delete all the rules at once and where the rules are kept so I can delete them outside Outlook? Thanks Steve Try creating a new profile for the user, I think rules are associated with the profile. Harold >-----Original Message----- >I have a user who has 75 or do rules which are on the >client and when we try to delete them, it looks like they >are dele...

Outlook 2003
When starting Outlook 2003 I get a message to say that it encountered a problem and needs to close - send error report or dont send. Either response brings up another dialog box advising that Outlook failed to start correctly last time and that I should start in safe mode to help correct or isolate a start up problem etc. Choices are - do you want to start Outlook in safe mode - yes or no. The no response returns me to the previous dialogue box while the yes response starts up Outlook in safe mode with all of its limitations (eg, not able to attach a file with an outgoing emai...

Word can not load e-mail envelope
The above error has recently started with Word 2003 when I click the "email" button to send a document as the email body, not as an attachment. Previously this function worked. The "send as an attachment" works. I have found a KB entry, but its solution did not work. I'm using Outlook 2003 as my default email editor. Thanks for any help and suggestions. Jim ...

Read Receipts
Good evening! I am thinking that read receipts are more an Outlook issue than an Exchange issue but wanted to ask here. We have a client who is secretly having us forward all e-mails sent to "PersonX" forwarded to the CEO (and then sent - via rule - to a specific sub-folder of his Inbox). Additionally, I have set up a Transport Rule to forward all outbound e-mails that "PersonX" sends to the CEO. The rule is very basic.... 1) check messages when they arrive 2) from people or distribution list (then select "PersonX") 3) move it to the specifi...

Moving from OE to Outlook 2007
I've used OE for many years. But have finally decided to upgrade to Outlook 2007. So I have a few questions is anybody would be kind enough to assist. 1/ Should I allow Outlook to transfer/convert all my OE email or is it best to export them manually? 2/ Is it difficult to transfer these stored OE dbx files into Outlook 2007? 3/ I also have a lot of saved mail that I have archived away due to OE not liking to hold more that 2GB's of data at one time before it starts falling apart with corruption issues. Are there any similar data storage limitations for Outlook 2007?...

Word VBA FilePrint Function
i want to check printing properties of word with fileprint function however, this function work in some different versions or different languages of word or does not work in some versions is there anyone whoo meet this problem or anyone who solve this before? See response in the programming newsgroup. Please do not post the same question separately to multiple newsgroups. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.c...

Outlook is not retrieving my mail from Comcast
I am trying to set up my comcast email account in outlook. I am using mail.comcast.net (incoming) and smtp.comcast.net (outgoing). I did the "Test Account Settings" and it says complete, but none of mail is showing up in my inbox. The test email shows up when I check it on comcast.net but not in Outlook. I have even tried mailing myself from AOL to Comcast to see if I get it in Outlook, but nope. I set up my AOL (IMAP) and it works just fine. Any help would be appreciated! Siobhan <Siobhan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to set up my comcast ema...

Logical Expression as just a word?
I am trying to set the default value of a text box to say "Passenger and Cargo", but it is reading the "and" as a logical expression. I assume. It gives me a "-1" value when I view the form. How can I make it read "and" as just a word? On Fri, 9 Apr 2010 06:34:01 -0700, DunnRight <DunnRight@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Put double-quotes around the entire value. -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >I am trying to set the default value of a text box to say "Passenger and >Cargo", but it is reading the "and&q...

Corrupt
Is there a way to check to see if you have a corrupted excel workbook. I have one 2.5 MB and all of a sudden it takes a very long time to save. Also when I copy information from it to another it some times reformattes the whole workbook to HTML style. Is it " run MS office Diagnostics in the excell option? Or is there something else that will locate a promblem. Thanks. Dpal ...

Outlook 2003 Journal Question
Hi all, I've been working on configuring the outlook 2003 journal to my liking. I've set the emails to be recorded into it, but it only records sent emails automatically. Is there an easy switch to get it to record incomming emails as well without me having to drag them from the Inbox to the Journal folder? Thanks in Advance ...

Fonts being corrupted
Situation: Restart computer and open Word, Excel, Power Point - no problems. Quit MS Stuff - all office 2004 Open Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop. Go back and open Word, Excel, Power Point - at the optimizing font part of the startup, it pops up a dialog box something about corrupted fonts. Several fonts are said to be corrupted. Restart and all works fine. Run updates from MS website - 11.1.0 Dumped prefs in ~/library/prefs/microsoft Restarting fixes the font problems and it works fine until we opening Adobe stuff. Brian ...

Outlook Error
whenever I try to open a web link from an outlook 200 email, I get this error: Command line option syntax error. Type command/? for help. I installed Outlook 2002 (xp) a while ago, so I'm not sure why I'm getting this error now - any suggestions or ideas to correct this? ...