Corrupted PST file

situation as follows;
1. from notebook, copied PST file to CD (using Nero)
2. open PST at home PC, using open PST file...; error msg "not valid PST
file"
3. use scanpst.exe utility ... same msg "not valid PST valid"
4. tried import command in Outlook... same msg "not valid PST valid"

what gives?

TMT

0
tmtangit (1)

You either burned the data too fast (PST files don't like to be burned above
4x) and/or you didn't check the option to remove the ";1" from the file
names in Nero's options dialog.
--
Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted
w/out reading.

"Terrance M Tangit" <tmtangit@pacific.net.sg> wrote in message
> situation as follows;
> 1. from notebook, copied PST file to CD (using Nero)
> 2. open PST at home PC, using open PST file...; error msg "not valid PST
> file"
> 3. use scanpst.exe utility ... same msg "not valid PST valid"
> 4. tried import command in Outlook... same msg "not valid PST valid"
>
> what gives?
>
> TMT

0
neo5748 (288)
10/20/2003 11:48:51 AM
Check that the .pst file is set to RW (read/write). If it is simply copied
from the CD then it will be set RO (read only).

Tom.

"Terrance M Tangit" <tmtangit@pacific.net.sg> wrote in message
> situation as follows;
> 1. from notebook, copied PST file to CD (using Nero)
> 2. open PST at home PC, using open PST file...; error msg "not valid PST
> file"
> 3. use scanpst.exe utility ... same msg "not valid PST valid"
> 4. tried import command in Outlook... same msg "not valid PST valid"
>
> what gives?
>
> TMT

0
Tom4406 (70)

What to do when PST exceeds 2GB?
I'm using Outlook 2002. My PST file exceeded 2GB and Outlook stopped working. I managed to delete some stuff from it and get it functioning again, but I don't dare let it download any new emails. Is there a solution for this? Can I set up a new email account? Start a new folder? Archive the existing emails? Thanks for any help, Huck Archiving & compacting would be the first things I'd try if you've got the PST working again. "Huck Rorick" <huckrorick@groundwork.org> wrote in message news:uUjgNnk9IHA.2060@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > I&#...

Database corruption?
Native mode Ex2003 Standard SP1 on Win2003 in Win2003 Interim Mode domain. Many (but not all) mailboxes are reported through System Manager and through Outlook mailbox properties as being larger than they actually are. Often, a lot larger. In one case, a users Outbox folder was reported as being over 50MB when, in fact, it was empty. It also seems to be the case that for these mailboxes, users can't use Recover Deleted Items. When they select the item and click the recover button, the item disappears from Recover Deleted Items but never appears in the Deleted Items folder. The last symp...

Macros Files location in drive C
How can I know where are saved the Excel macro Files into drive C, I miss the Excel macro files when I changed my Drive C. Best regards. Try looking here: C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART\Personal.xls "Outlook user" wrote: > How can I know where are saved the Excel macro Files into drive C, I miss the > Excel macro files when I changed my Drive C. > > Best regards. ...

OWA 2003 Issue (Attachment corruption) #3
Hello everyone, We have Front-End/Back-End configuration of Exchange 2003 Std. servers (SP2 and all hot fixes after it). So, if someone sends e-mail with attachment through OWA the attachment becomes corrupted (it has same size and name but could not be read by any application / system splits attachment and put 2 parts of it into message using the same name of file). It happens to all documents (Word, Excel, PDF) image files (JPG,GIF,PNG) are affected as well. We tried to send those files through usual MS Outlook 2003 and they go just perfect. We have McAfee Groupshield 6.02 for Exch...

Publisher Open File Location Problem
When one of my users starts Publisher 2003 and clicks Open, the first screen that she sees is C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11. She has gone into Tools | Options and onto the General tab as set the File Locations for both Publications and Pictures to the shared S:\ drive, but she continue to get the OFFICE11 folder. Other people using the same PC do not show this behavior. The do see the S:\ drive. Where is the per-user settings file for Publisher 2003? Is it: C:\Documents and Settings\karen\Application Data\Microsoft\Office\Publis11.pip Or C:\Documents and Settings\karen\Appl...

.pst stays the same size after archiving
At work we have a shared network drive that has a specific size allocated for each user. This drive contains our outlook .pst file so that we can move from computer to computer and still access it. The company has set that the allocated space should be no larger than 100mb however our outlook .pst grows to be that size and therefore causes errors. We have been told that we should archive our emails and save that archive to a different drive. In theory this sounds like a good plan but after archiving the size of the .pst file doesn't decrease in size. Our IT dept. refuses to ...

Automatically Saving created FILE
Hi, Just would like to ask help on how to automatically save a created file just by the use of command button. I have below macro code: Sub CSVFILE() Dim sh As Worksheet ActiveSheet.Copy Set sh = ActiveSheet On Error Resume Next sh.Buttons.Delete sh.Rows("1:2").Delete On Error GoTo 0 End Sub I want to "save as" the generated new workbook automatically when I click the command button to create the new wokbook. Is this possible? THANKS! Morning macronewbie "macronewbie" <macronewbie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

How to log changes in pst files for keeping track of what changes occur in pst file in outlook.
Hi, I want to track the changes or events on pst file in outlook. How to log the events like moving a folder, creating a new message, deleting a message, renaming a folder etc. As I want to do replication from a pst file to some other data file. I want to know what are changes happened in pst file, so that I will do only the incremental replication. Does mapi logs these events??? One way I find is I can implement the IMapiAdviseSink interface. In the OnNotify() method of IMapiAdviseSink I can log the event, but if before I logged the event, if outlook crashes.., how can I get the changes in...

Problems opening and saving Excel 2003 PC file with Excel2004 for Mac
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel Received an excel 2003 file created on a PC with macros. When I open the file with excel 2004 for Mac I select enable macros, but some of the features (drop down menus) in the workbook no longer function. I need to update the data in the file and return this to my client (PC User) but I cannot save the file as xls workbook or in any other form for that matter. <br><br>Is this a compatability issue that cannot be resolved or is there a way around these problems I'm experiencing. Thanks. > This me...

Restoring my backup file
I was instructed by a rep at the number I called for warranty repair to perform a system recovery (system restore did not have any previous saves) due to this Blaster worm. At the time, neither I nor the rep I was speaking to know that this was a worm. Now my computer is back to normal (although all of my settings are gone) but I am not able to restore a previous backup of Money (2002 version). The previous files I kept are still under the Program Files\Microsoft Money directory, but when I try to access them, it says: Money cannot locate 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\Filen...

why cant I read the exist.txt to other file test.txt?
to ALL: here ,I have a test,because My program will use it. Q: why cant I read the exist.txt to other file test.txt? void Ontest() { // TODO: Add your command handler code here CFile file; file.Open("D:\\exist.txt",CFile::modeReadWrite|CFile::typeBinary); WCHAR *pzcTemp = new WCHAR[file.GetLength()+1]; file.Read(pzcTemp,file.GetLength()); CString pfile; pfile = pzcTemp; file.Close(); CFile test; test.Open("D:\\test.txt",CFile::modeCreate|CFile::modeReadWrite|CFile::typeB inary); test.Write(&pfile,pfile.GetLength()); test.Close(); } It is apprecia...

pst backup/mirror options?
Hey all, We have a rather unique set up... Individual pc's with outlook running on them (mostly 2003) NOT connected to a domain but they are connected to a server, which the majority of users use as a file share. The server gets backed up every night, but the individual machines do not. Due to people saving on the network, the only things which really require backup are 'e-mails' i.e. outlook.pst. The most logical option is to store the pst's directly on the server and then back them up like that. However, in the even of server failure / downtime / pc needing to be out of t...

Corrupt
Is there a way to check to see if you have a corrupted excel workbook. I have one 2.5 MB and all of a sudden it takes a very long time to save. Also when I copy information from it to another it some times reformattes the whole workbook to HTML style. Is it " run MS office Diagnostics in the excell option? Or is there something else that will locate a promblem. Thanks. Dpal ...

Cannot open exe files
I'm not sure what I did wrong, but whenever I try to run exe files, an 'Open With' box pops up. I don't think i have a virus though I'm not sure. I've also tried merging the reg file, but no luck. Any ideas? -- 145141 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ 145141's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/180981.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/1298544.htm http://forums.techarena.in ...

Fonts being corrupted
Situation: Restart computer and open Word, Excel, Power Point - no problems. Quit MS Stuff - all office 2004 Open Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop. Go back and open Word, Excel, Power Point - at the optimizing font part of the startup, it pops up a dialog box something about corrupted fonts. Several fonts are said to be corrupted. Restart and all works fine. Run updates from MS website - 11.1.0 Dumped prefs in ~/library/prefs/microsoft Restarting fixes the font problems and it works fine until we opening Adobe stuff. Brian ...

Publisher file won't open!
Help! I just spent 4 hours creating a document in Publisher 2003. I had been "saving" the file periodically throughout the morning, while I was working on it. The instant I closed Publisher and tried to reopen the file, it failed to open the file. Each time I try to open the file, it comes back with a "Send error report to Microsoft..." I tried to delete temp files; installed all service packs for Office, etc. I even tried to open the file with other applications like Word, Powerpoint, etc. I sent the file to a friend, they couldn't open it either. I have NEVER h...

Dynamic referencing to files
Hello users. I'm trying to figure out a way to dynamically reference file names that have different months. I am trying to do the following: There is a master file and many slave files (organized into months). Master.xls wants to vlookup data corresponding to date from corresponding month file. Example: A B 1/1/2009 --> Vlookup from "Jan 09.xls" column one to find 1/1/2009 and return Column B Inside Master.xls file, I extracted each file extension ("Jan 09", "Dec 10", etc) in column Z to reference. So then I used this ...

Need to import OE dbx files into Outlook 2003
How do I import my old folders (dbx files) from Outlook Express into Outlook 2003. When I try the normal import, I get message that folder is open. ( it is not.). Any ideas? Thanks, Doug Are both programs installed on the same machine? Have you tried exporting from the OE side instead of importing from the Outlook side? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:042d01c3d27f$194e0950$a301280a@phx.gbl, doug.g.phillips (remove this) @comcast.net wrote...

Adobe PDF file crashes my Publisher 2003 file when I try to save i
I am a volunteer editor of a national newsletter. I receive input from people around the country via email. Twice, I have received ads or pictures that were laid out by the originators and sent to me as a PDF file. I have Adobe Reader on my system, but NOT Adobe Acrobat. When I try to copy and paste the PDF file into a page within my Publisher 2003 newsletter, the file crashes--I get the "send error report to Microsoft" bit, document closes and when I re-open--it reopens as a recovery file and the PDF file that crashed it is gone. To get around it, I had to have the originato...

File Sharing between XP Pro and XP Home
I have a few questions concerning file sharing between XP Pro and XP Home in a Workgroup environment. I would really appreciate any help. 1)From what I'm gathering on the internet (I've read multiple articles) you cannot even connect a Windows XP Home computer to a domain. I'm I interpreting this correctly? 2)I have a new server with XP Pro and 5 other computers with XP Home. I only have 3 computers (which includes the new XP Pro server) that really need access to everything (or the main folders) on the server. The other 3 computers need limited access. If I purchase X...

Outlook 2002 Temp files
I have a problem with a user that receives an email wiht an attachment from many people. The catch is the attachment is always the same name. Each time she opens the attachment, Outlook creates the temp file and appends an "_1", "_2", to the end of the file name. After approximately 100 of these, the user can no longer open the attachments. They recieve an error, "Can't create file..." Does any one know if there is a limit to the path where the temp files are created? That's the only reason I can come up with on why this is failing. As soon...

repaired a corrupt mailbox store, what to do about corrupt emails
Good morning, One of our mailbox stores got corrupt last night. I went through the process of the repair, offline defrag, etc. and I have the store up and running. As result of the corruption, some of the users are experiencing mail items they can't delete/open, or the mailbox is reporting x number of unread msgs that aren't there. Most of these seem to correspond to the time the store went down. Now I have prepared the users to the idea that these messages may not be recoverable, but I don't know the best way to go about cleaning up the few users that have corrupt emai...

Tiger and font corruption.
After installing Tiger on my iMac G5, I get a message about corrupt fonts everytime I start Word. I saw a message about uninstalling before the update, so I uninstalled Office, re-installed the Tiger upgrade, and re-installed Office. Result is the same problem all over again. Does anyone have a solution? Cordially, Steven Thomas CKLS Automation Services <sthomas@ckls.org> wrote: > After installing Tiger on my iMac G5, I get a message about corrupt > fonts everytime I start Word. I saw a message about uninstalling before > the update, so I uninstalled Office, re-installed th...

Corrupted Preview Pane
Hi guys, I have MS Outlook XP w SP3, i set the view of my inbox,sent & deleted items folders so i can preview my emails using Preview Pane. The bar which seperates the email and the preview should contain the fields (To, Subject & From..). This is going fine for the inbox & sent folder while am having a corrupted bar for the deleted folder where am not able to see the frequently fields of the separation bar. Any suggestions to restore this view correctly???? -- Thx mates Walid Natour ...

Excel 2003 How do I make a chart from a text file with columns of
I have a text file not tab delimited with two columns of figures which imports into excel as a spreadsheet. I understand Excel can turn this into a chart, but can anyone tell me how? Thanks Select your two columns of data (click and drag), then open the "Insert" menu and click on "Chart". The wizard can guide you through to make a chart of your choice. Hope this helps, Jim ...