Corrupted File Attachments sent from Outlook

I am running Outlook 2003 and CA Suite 2007. I recently started having problems with some users being unable to open file attachments in email I sent to them. Sometimes they show up as mime files sometimes as corrupt files. I can send the same message to mulitple users and some users will be able to open the file but others cannot - especially AOL email users.

I have seen a similar problem reported on this forum (262385) but no solution. Does anyone know how to solve this? I am about ready to dump the CA Suite. It was free through RoadRunner and their suggestion is to reinstall it.
0
lwlittle (3)

"Leonard Little" <lwlittle@kc.rr.com> wrote in message
>I am running Outlook 2003 and CA Suite 2007. I recently started having
>problems with some users being unable to open file attachments in email I
>sent to them. Sometimes they show up as mime files sometimes as corrupt
>files. I can send the same message to mulitple users and some users will be
>able to open the file but others cannot - especially AOL email users.
>
> I have seen a similar problem reported on this forum (262385) but no
> solution. Does anyone know how to solve this? I am about ready to dump the
> CA Suite. It was free through RoadRunner and their suggestion is to
> reinstall it.

Try changing your email format from Rich text (default) to HTML or plain
text and see if that helps...

0
gbplinux (1141)
1/30/2008 8:13:20 AM
disable email scanning by the suite.

We have no idea what (262385) is - apparently you are using one of the many
web forums that suck posts from the newsgroups?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Leonard Little" <lwlittle@kc.rr.com> wrote in message
> I am running Outlook 2003 and CA Suite 2007. I recently started having
> problems with some users being unable to open file attachments in email I
> sent to them. Sometimes they show up as mime files sometimes as corrupt
> files. I can send the same message to mulitple users and some users will
> be able to open the file but others cannot - especially AOL email users.
>
> I have seen a similar problem reported on this forum (262385) but no
> solution. Does anyone know how to solve this? I am about ready to dump the
> CA Suite. It was free through RoadRunner and their suggestion is to
> reinstall it.

0
outlookmvp (5838)
1/31/2008 12:30:13 AM
http://shop.ca.com/stcontent/vistaready/index.aspx

L W L

"Diane Poremsky" wrote:

> disable email scanning by the suite.
>
> We have no idea what (262385) is - apparently you are using one of the many
> web forums that suck posts from the newsgroups?
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> "Leonard Little" <lwlittle@kc.rr.com> wrote in message
> > I am running Outlook 2003 and CA Suite 2007. I recently started having
> > problems with some users being unable to open file attachments in email I
> > sent to them. Sometimes they show up as mime files sometimes as corrupt
> > files. I can send the same message to mulitple users and some users will
> > be able to open the file but others cannot - especially AOL email users.
> >
> > I have seen a similar problem reported on this forum (262385) but no
> > solution. Does anyone know how to solve this? I am about ready to dump the
> > CA Suite. It was free through RoadRunner and their suggestion is to
> > reinstall it.

0
lwlittle1 (1)

Database corruption?
Native mode Ex2003 Standard SP1 on Win2003 in Win2003 Interim Mode domain. Many (but not all) mailboxes are reported through System Manager and through Outlook mailbox properties as being larger than they actually are. Often, a lot larger. In one case, a users Outbox folder was reported as being over 50MB when, in fact, it was empty. It also seems to be the case that for these mailboxes, users can't use Recover Deleted Items. When they select the item and click the recover button, the item disappears from Recover Deleted Items but never appears in the Deleted Items folder. The last symp...

outlook 2002 04-21-10
I am getting emails with links but I can't open them. I am getting a notice that the operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator.... Pls help !! In Internet Explorer click Tools | Internet Options | Advanced and then click the Reset button. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "שרית" <@discussions.micr...

Macros Files location in drive C
How can I know where are saved the Excel macro Files into drive C, I miss the Excel macro files when I changed my Drive C. Best regards. Try looking here: C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART\Personal.xls "Outlook user" wrote: > How can I know where are saved the Excel macro Files into drive C, I miss the > Excel macro files when I changed my Drive C. > > Best regards. ...

Outlook Messages are blank
We have a user with outlook 2000 who has received 3 emails today with blank messages (nothing in the message body). Other users who have been sent the same message receive text within the message. We run an exchange server and the user's email is kept in .pst files. Her .pst is about 80mb. The user did not make any changes to her email settings. Any clues as to what would cause this? On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 16:08:13 -0700, "Andy Henderson" <sfmarkh@pacbell.net> wrote: >We have a user with outlook 2000 who has received 3 emails today with blank >messages (nothing in...

Can't get my Backed-up dbx files back!
Hi JUst bought new PC and before putting my old p[c in a big hole in the garden I saved all Outlook express folders as dbx files (as instructed byu outlook help pages). I saved them onto a CD-ROM which I have now inserted in my new PC- I have placed a copy of this folder (containing all my dbx files) on my desktop but each time I follow the path of:- File-Import-Messages-MOE6-Import mail from an OE6 directory- then browse to find my folder I get an error message saying No messages can be found in this folder - bla bla bla but they are in there - I can see them please help!!! Thanks...

new computer: transfer old outlook files into
I have a new computer xphome, after many years of saving...lol so the change is impressive... now the anguish Need to copy all outlook files from W98 office 2K to XPhome and (I hope) Office 2K..the same!! But even if outlook will load, the files need to be transferred... Scared like hell.. any understanding soul that can get me the " infallible how to" txs & best regards Conny Take a look here, it may help: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert la...

Outlook Express 2007
When I try to delete a message from my inbox, i get an error message (a folder by this name already exists) does anyone know how to correct this? -- Roady Roady wrote: > When I try to delete a message from my inbox, i get an error message (a > folder by this name already exists) does anyone know how to correct this? There is no such software as Outlook Express 2007. There is Outlook 2007. There is Outlook Express 6. This newsgroup discusses Outlook. For questions on Outlook EXPRESS, ask in a newsgroup on that product. ...

email sends but does not transfer from ouxtbox to sent itmes box
I am on XP Professional using Outlook Express 6. This problem started three weeks ago after five years of using the same system. When I send or reply to a message, I get a generic error message that my message could not be sent - no error code. In reality they are sending but stay in the Outbox and do not transfer to the Sent Items box. If the message stays in the Outbox it actually resends until I go into the Outbox and delete it and that leaves me with no record of my emails being sent. Data Dr's could not find the problem, Go Daddy - my email provider - could not find a ...

Publisher Open File Location Problem
When one of my users starts Publisher 2003 and clicks Open, the first screen that she sees is C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11. She has gone into Tools | Options and onto the General tab as set the File Locations for both Publications and Pictures to the shared S:\ drive, but she continue to get the OFFICE11 folder. Other people using the same PC do not show this behavior. The do see the S:\ drive. Where is the per-user settings file for Publisher 2003? Is it: C:\Documents and Settings\karen\Application Data\Microsoft\Office\Publis11.pip Or C:\Documents and Settings\karen\Appl...

OWA 2003 Issue (Attachment corruption) #3
Hello everyone, We have Front-End/Back-End configuration of Exchange 2003 Std. servers (SP2 and all hot fixes after it). So, if someone sends e-mail with attachment through OWA the attachment becomes corrupted (it has same size and name but could not be read by any application / system splits attachment and put 2 parts of it into message using the same name of file). It happens to all documents (Word, Excel, PDF) image files (JPG,GIF,PNG) are affected as well. We tried to send those files through usual MS Outlook 2003 and they go just perfect. We have McAfee Groupshield 6.02 for Exch...

Help with outlook 2000
When I attach a document in outlook 2000 it attaches it into the mail message. How do I either get an atachment pane under the "cc" and "subject" panes, or I have seen the screen split horizontally and the inserted document is shown below the message. Thanks in advance. Dave Dave G <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I attach a document in outlook 2000 it attaches it > into the mail message. How do I either get an atachment > pane under the "cc" and "subject" panes, or I have seen > the screen split horizontally ...

How to log changes in pst files for keeping track of what changes occur in pst file in outlook.
Hi, I want to track the changes or events on pst file in outlook. How to log the events like moving a folder, creating a new message, deleting a message, renaming a folder etc. As I want to do replication from a pst file to some other data file. I want to know what are changes happened in pst file, so that I will do only the incremental replication. Does mapi logs these events??? One way I find is I can implement the IMapiAdviseSink interface. In the OnNotify() method of IMapiAdviseSink I can log the event, but if before I logged the event, if outlook crashes.., how can I get the changes in...

Contacts and outlook address book!
hi i am using outloo 2003, have all emails in my Contacts, i wish to copy all email addresses from contacts to Outlook address book. How do i do this? -- Hope it Helps! Jim India No you don't. The address book in Outlook is simply a view of your Contacts Folder. All you have to do is configure the Address Book to display your Contacts. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;287563 -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Jim" <kunalbhardwaj@msn.com> wrote in message news:e7NwVdAzEHA.1300@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > > hi i am using outloo 2003, have ...

Problems opening and saving Excel 2003 PC file with Excel2004 for Mac
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel Received an excel 2003 file created on a PC with macros. When I open the file with excel 2004 for Mac I select enable macros, but some of the features (drop down menus) in the workbook no longer function. I need to update the data in the file and return this to my client (PC User) but I cannot save the file as xls workbook or in any other form for that matter. <br><br>Is this a compatability issue that cannot be resolved or is there a way around these problems I'm experiencing. Thanks. > This me...

Restoring my backup file
I was instructed by a rep at the number I called for warranty repair to perform a system recovery (system restore did not have any previous saves) due to this Blaster worm. At the time, neither I nor the rep I was speaking to know that this was a worm. Now my computer is back to normal (although all of my settings are gone) but I am not able to restore a previous backup of Money (2002 version). The previous files I kept are still under the Program Files\Microsoft Money directory, but when I try to access them, it says: Money cannot locate 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\Filen...

Massive log files
Considering that the SQL log file for the MSCRM database just keeps getting bigger and bigger, dispite all attempts to back it up, truncate it, and shrink it, I think I need to find another way to control the size of the log files. Does anyone know what happens if you UNcheck the option to "automatically grow file" in SQL enterprise manager? Will CRM still work? Or what happens if you delete the log file and recreate it in SQL enterprise manager? Is it possible to do this without corrupting the database? Thanks Simon, You need to perform Log backups on a regular basis. W...

Outlook Asking for OE Login
A computer has both OE and Outlook 2003 installed. OE is password protected to start up. When the user opens Outlook, the prompt to log into the identity for OE pops up even without OE being started. How is OE tied into Outlook at that point, and how can this login be disable at this point? (The OE people sent me here because they didn't know the answer.) Are you sure this is an OE Identity and not an OL Profile thats popping up? "mcp6453" <mcp6453@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:ue%23cgf84GHA.1244@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > A computer has both OE and Outlook ...

Message: The File may be read-only, or you may.....
All of a sudden, I could no longer open my excel spreadsheet. I get the message "The File may be read- only, or you may be trying to access a read only location. Or the server the document is stored on may not be responding" I've checked the attributes and they are all unchecked. All my other files work fine. I'm using Windows XP Prof and Excel 2002. Please Please help. Thanks in advance, Lee This sounds like a network access problem. I am using NT in my office, and I used to see this message quite often (because some glitches in IT revoke my access without any ...

Stealing File Associations
Hi, I'm writing an application and I want to ensure that all mp3 files are opened by my application, when double clicked from Explorer. The RegisterShellFileTypes function call seems to register/associate file types only when i create a new extension. Existing associations are not overwritten by this function call. As in any PC, mp3 files are always registered to some media player. How can I steal the file association similar to what Winamp does? Is there a direct function call or should I modify registry directly? Thanks, Mugunth "Mugunth" <mugunth.kumar@gmail.com> wrot...

Read Receipts
Good evening! I am thinking that read receipts are more an Outlook issue than an Exchange issue but wanted to ask here. We have a client who is secretly having us forward all e-mails sent to "PersonX" forwarded to the CEO (and then sent - via rule - to a specific sub-folder of his Inbox). Additionally, I have set up a Transport Rule to forward all outbound e-mails that "PersonX" sends to the CEO. The rule is very basic.... 1) check messages when they arrive 2) from people or distribution list (then select "PersonX") 3) move it to the specifi...

WAV Files
Does any one know how to Graph a WAV file or represent a WAV file numerically. I need to analyze different WAV files. Steve Hi Steve............ I don't know much about it myself, but I did a Google search for "wav file analysis" and got a couple pages of hits.........one talks about a GUI for Wav-file analysis........... http://www.usna.edu/EE/links/ee_links.htm and another, an AudioSeparator......... http://www.google.com/search?q=+%22wav+file+analysis%22&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&c 2coff=1&as_qdr=all&start=10&sa=N and another, a SIGVIEW audio analy...

Outlook 2000 rules and Contacts
Am I right in saying that there is no way I can write a rule in Outlook 2000 which says: If the sender is not in my contacts, move the message to a certain folder"? If not, are there any third-party add-ins that will do the job? (Apart from buying Outlook 2002 that is.....) Thanks -- (I may be wrong...I usually am....) Google is your Friend Email address deliberately false to avoid spam: www.gbpcomputing.co.uk You're correct, and it won't work in OL2002 either. If you're trying to get rid of spam, try www.cloudmark.com for one nice app. There are plenty out there. rifl...

Outlook 2003 Journal Question
Hi all, I've been working on configuring the outlook 2003 journal to my liking. I've set the emails to be recorded into it, but it only records sent emails automatically. Is there an easy switch to get it to record incomming emails as well without me having to drag them from the Inbox to the Journal folder? Thanks in Advance ...

Corrupt
Is there a way to check to see if you have a corrupted excel workbook. I have one 2.5 MB and all of a sudden it takes a very long time to save. Also when I copy information from it to another it some times reformattes the whole workbook to HTML style. Is it " run MS office Diagnostics in the excell option? Or is there something else that will locate a promblem. Thanks. Dpal ...

Outlook Error
whenever I try to open a web link from an outlook 200 email, I get this error: Command line option syntax error. Type command/? for help. I installed Outlook 2002 (xp) a while ago, so I'm not sure why I'm getting this error now - any suggestions or ideas to correct this? ...