Corrupted Attachments in Outlook 2002/OE6.1

I'm experiencing the same problem on two computers on the same network
where they are unable to open most attachments.  Both are new, and one
is running Win2KSP4 and the other is running WinXP Pro.  They have the
lastest patches for Windows, Office, and IE, none of which have
helped.  I've even reinstalled IE 6.1, reapplied all service packs,
and deleted the message store in OE, none of which helped.

I can download the attachment, but when I try to open it, I am told
that the file is corrupted beyone repair.  The security settings are
correct, in that they are allowed to download attachments, and the
file isn't corrupt until it's downloaded into OE or Outlook.  I sent
myself a test file from my web based account, then logged into the
user's web based account before OE could download it.  From there, I
was able to open the file.  When I let OE download it, it wouldn't
open.

It doesn't seem to matter what type of file it is, although most of
the files the user receives are Word or Excel docs.  Sometimes it will
open, but more often than not, it won't.  If anyone has any ideas
other than reformatting the computers and starting from scratch, let
me know.

2 site/1 e-mail domain
Ok here is the setup at the moment 2 sites - different locations no direct link domain1.local (2003 server) using company.co.uk domain2.local (2003 server) using company.co.uk domain1 collects the e-mail from an external source and uses mailgate to sort mail (users pop in) domain1 has an account for domain2 with alias users that are at domain2 domain2 then uses the same mailgate program to collect from domain1 and users at domain2 pop to that. both sites are moving to exchange but both use the same company.co.uk for e-mail is there a way to setup domain1 to recieve mail but also have doma...

Outlook Mobile Access Problem

Attachments with Outlook
I receive many emails with large attachments and outlook seems to copy the attachments down twice which causes long delays. When I first select an email with an attachment I have to wait while Outlook downloads the attachment, then when I want to see the attachment I have to wait while it is downloaded again. Is there any way of preventing this dual download? I have the fastest network connection available in my location. Thanks Brian ...

can't send anything in Outlook 2002

outlook 2007 runs slow

outlook 2000 help file

MSN accounts dosen't work in Outlook.

Outlook 2003

Entourage docx Attachments and iPhone incompatibility

Outlook 2003 Contact data

Money 2002 Can't seem to download sucessfully
I have been trying for 10 days now to download banking info from my various accounts into Money 2002. Before it worked, now for some reason it is showing that it is downloading, but doesn't import into the Money program. What happened? I created a Passport to work online, but that is the only thing that has changed on my end. Can someone please help me!!?!?!?!??! >-----Original Message----- >I have been trying for 10 days now to download banking >info from my various accounts into Money 2002. Before it >worked, now for some reason it is showing that it is >dow...

Outlook 2002/XP Folder List view question

how to divide a numbers in a table of data by 1,000, all at once
I've noticed in some spreadsheets that numbers are displayed as rounded...i.e. so that one isn't looking at 1,403,333 + 2,333,999 etc. but rather 1403 + 2334, etc. with a note at the top that says "000's". In one step, how can I edit all the numbers in a table so that they show to the nearest 10,000 (i.e. 1403 +2334), without dividing them one by one by 1,000? Or, to go at it from another angle, how do I divide each # by 1,000? The ROUND feature requires that I create a new table. Not exactly what I'm looking for. Enter 1000 in an unused cell. ...

Question Regarding Excel 2007 Formatting Corruption #2

outlook should let me move emails from sent to a specific folder
It only allows copies to be moved to specific folders and not the actual mail itself - this creates unnecssary copies and makes everything confusing. Can't there also be a SIMPLE rules wizard like in outlook 2002? I find this new wizard too cumbersome and complex. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and the...

concurrent instances (or profiles) of outlook
Hi, Is it possible to have two instances of Outlook running at the same time? Or maybe have two Outlook profiles accessable at the same time? I have two mail accounts and want to keep them seperate and want to use Outlook for both. But I don't know how so right now I'm using Outlook Express for one and Outlook for the other. Thanks for any advise, Rob No, you cannot run 2 instances of Outlook nor can you have 2 profiles open at the same time. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus n...

Outlook 2000 #147
Outlook 2000 Everytime I open outlook I receive error: Outlook generated error and will be closed by windows. I can open in safe mode and I can also open in express. I have tried renaming extend.dat file, removed checks from add-in tab and changed profiles. I have even tried re-installing. Can anyone help me. This is a long shot but have you tried using a fresh PST file? "Pam" wrote: > Outlook 2000 > > Everytime I open outlook I receive error: Outlook > generated error and will be closed by windows. I can open > in safe mode and I can also open in expre...

Outlook 2002
Can anyone tell me why in Outlook 2002, when I send a message it goes to the Outbox and sits there until I click another folder or wait for a long time. The Send Message Immediately is checked. I did apply SP2. Any suggestions will be greatky appreciated. Thanks Jim Stroyek jim.stroyek@na.omgi.com ...

Outlook 2007 Missing Mail