corrupt PST file #2

Hi there,

Power blew off and corrupted my outlook.pst file. I did a SCANPST of my
Outlook 2003's outlook.pst file and it keeps coming back after 3 times "due
to an error scanpst can not complete .........." The last time I tried it in
Safe Mode and still the same thing. I've done the "repair" to the Office
Suite and still no luck....

How can I get my PST file back in working order?

Thanks,

Gordon

0
gords (18)

Keep running the scanpst.exe until it completes without errors.  Can you
open Outlook in safe mode?

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, Gordon J. Rattray asked:

| Hi there,
|
| Power blew off and corrupted my outlook.pst file. I did a SCANPST of
| my Outlook 2003's outlook.pst file and it keeps coming back after 3
| times "due to an error scanpst can not complete .........." The last
| time I tried it in Safe Mode and still the same thing. I've done the
| "repair" to the Office Suite and still no luck....
|
| How can I get my PST file back in working order?
|
| Thanks,
|
| Gordon

0
MillyS (3228)
4/28/2005 3:49:38 AM
Hi Milly,

Yes, can open Outlook in safe mode.

It looks like it downloads the email from the server, goes through the
motions, but doesn't actually do it.

also, when I read an "unread" email, then close it, the email is still bold,
as if it were unread.

I've done scanpst.exe over 20 times, still the same thing with error can not
complete.

What to do?

Gordon

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
<MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org> wrote in message
> Keep running the scanpst.exe until it completes without errors.  Can you
> open Outlook in safe mode?
>
> --�
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> After furious head scratching, Gordon J. Rattray asked:
>
> | Hi there,
> |
> | Power blew off and corrupted my outlook.pst file. I did a SCANPST of
> | my Outlook 2003's outlook.pst file and it keeps coming back after 3
> | times "due to an error scanpst can not complete .........." The last
> | time I tried it in Safe Mode and still the same thing. I've done the
> | "repair" to the Office Suite and still no luck....
> |
> | How can I get my PST file back in working order?
> |
> | Thanks,
> |
> | Gordon

0
gords (18)
4/29/2005 1:58:10 PM
Sounds like your .pst file was toasted by the blackout.  If you open Outlook
in safe mode, can you create a new .pst file and drag and drop your folders
individually to the new .pst file (make it unicode format unless you require
backwards compatibility) until you get to a folder that will not let you
drag the contents to the new .pst file.  This is probably where your
corruption is - most likely the folder you had open when you lost power.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, Gordon J. Rattray asked:

| Hi Milly,
|
| Yes, can open Outlook in safe mode.
|
| It looks like it downloads the email from the server, goes through the
| motions, but doesn't actually do it.
|
| also, when I read an "unread" email, then close it, the email is
| still bold, as if it were unread.
|
| I've done scanpst.exe over 20 times, still the same thing with error
| can not complete.
|
| What to do?
|
| Gordon
|

| "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
| <MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org> wrote in message
|| Keep running the scanpst.exe until it completes without errors.  Can
|| you open Outlook in safe mode?
|| --�
|| Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
|| Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.  Due to
|| the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my
|| personal account will be deleted without reading.
|| After furious head scratching, Gordon J. Rattray asked:
||| Hi there,
||| Power blew off and corrupted my outlook.pst file. I did a SCANPST of
||| my Outlook 2003's outlook.pst file and it keeps coming back after 3
||| times "due to an error scanpst can not complete .........." The last
||| time I tried it in Safe Mode and still the same thing. I've done the
||| "repair" to the Office Suite and still no luck....
||| How can I get my PST file back in working order?
||| Thanks,
||| Gordon

0
MillyS (3228)

Template Files in Word 2007
I have a template that I would like to be available for every document that I open in Word 2007. The template contains both Macros and Styles. With Word 2003 I used to put the file in the startup folder. Do I do the same with Word 2007 or do I save everything to my Normal? -- marcia Macros will work from a template in the startup folder, but styles must be in the document template. It was the same with Word 2003. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web...

Opening PDF files
I have a new computer (HP) with Windows 7 that I installed. it came with Vista. I cannot open any PDF files. Windows Picture Manager tries to open PDF attachments and I get a picture of the Adobe Reader logo that I cannot do anything with. The tools that come up are for managing photographs. I have reinstalled Adobe and Acrobat. Well, have you checked your file associations to make sure they are correct? "Carsey" <Carsey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F9D8CD5-B6FA-429C-9D8C-05BF05D99D2C@microsoft.com... :I have a new computer (HP) with...

How many files is an IMC of Exchange using?
Hi everyone, I have an issue with my Exchange 5.5 IMC, which was added after the Exchange, its Service Pack(4), and Hotfixes were installed. I suspect there might be some files, if IMC is not just using MSEXCIMC.exe, mis-matching at version level. Could anyone who knows provide me the info in the subject line? Thanks in advance Eric What is the issue? eric z wrote: > Hi everyone, > > I have an issue with my Exchange 5.5 IMC, which was added after the > Exchange, its Service Pack(4), and Hotfixes were installed. I suspect there > might be some files, if IMC is not just...

VB copy files from one folder to other
Hi all, I am using Visual Basic 2008. I am working on code with which I can copy specified extention files from one folder to other. I need two codes, one which can copy files of specified extention only from top main folder and two which can copy files of specified extention from top main folder as well as from all the subfolder which exist in that top main folder. In these both codes I also need to have progress bar code to show user the progress. I am struggling on this and so far i came up with code (see below) which only copies files from top main folder and i am getting error...

Problem with Money 2005, please help #2
hi all, i have a little problem in Money 2005. i made a budget but apprenly its in doller and not in nis (Israel Shekel) how can i change that? i want all the info to be in nis, how can i change that? thank you all! Tools > Settings > Program Settings > Currencies > Update currencies.Highlight Israel and click on Set as base currency. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or for UK wishes http://www.m...

trouble Copying as a webpage #2
Any ideas -- daniels01 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- daniels012's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=868 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27161 ...

Can I send a PDF file of an Excel file to a printer for printing .
I want to take an 8 page Excel document and sned it to an outside printer to print for me. I have Excel 2003 and the capability to Create a PDF but is this PDF good enough to give to a printer to print? Thanks I think the best course of action would be to ask the printer <g>. On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 13:05:06 -0700, "Chitownbabs" <Chitownbabs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I want to take an 8 page Excel document and sned it to an outside printer to >print for me. I have Excel 2003 and the capability to Create a PDF but is >this PDF good enough to give to ...

How do I set up Outlook--its looking for *.pst and can't find it
I have been trying to set up Outlook. I have outlook express. It keeps asking to go to contol panel and in control panel mail it doesn't let me add data files. I wouldn't know where to look if I had to. What version of Outlook are you using? "rosann49@msn.com" wrote: > I have been trying to set up Outlook. I have outlook express. It keeps > asking to go to contol panel and in control panel mail it doesn't let me add > data files. I wouldn't know where to look if I had to. I'm using outlook 2003. I'm not usually this dense. Just can&#...

Corrupt MNY file Corrupt Backups
After a system crash and a reinstall I can not open any MNY or backup files. I have run Salvage.exe and was told irrepairable. I can not open the file to do and "import/export" I have ensured they are not read only. I read the public forums but most fixes assume you can open the file or the backup to repair it. Is there anyway other ways to repair my data? Not sounding good here. See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q104. But it sounds like you have exhausted most of your options. But I am kinda mystified why a "system crash" would mung a Money file. Are you sure you h...

pfmigrate #2

Hyperlinks ignoring file accosiations
When I click on a hyperlink to a jpeg file in Exel 2003 the file opens in internet explorer whatever the file accosiations are set too. I assume there is a setting somewhere within Exel to change what it opens files with but cant find this. Thanks David C >>I assume there is a setting somewhere within Exel to change what it opens >>files No, it's controlled by your Windows file associations. In Windows Explorer - Tools, Folder Options, File Types. -- Jim "David Clements" <David Clements@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:54A92334-CA82-...

Tasks Folder corrupt
OS: Win XP 5.1.2600 SP1 Application: Outlook 2002 SP2 connected to: Exchange Server 2003 Problem: When I click on the tasks folder it disappears and Outlook exits itsself. Sometimes there is a dialog, which asks if I like to report this malfunction to Microsoft. Now I'm working with a new tasks folder, which is not a system folder. This is OK, but I can't use the reminder function, which seems to be only available in the system folder. How can I reactivate my tasks system folder? Every idea is appreciated. Regards Werner There is a command line switch that may help, go to the...

Formula syntax
The formula came out wrong on the previous posting :- the number 0.19 should appear only below the divisor line situate underneath log10(200/t2)-0.98 part of the formula, with square bracket surrounding only the numerator and denominator of this expression. Th expression 16.88-0.81arctan stands to the left of the first squar bracket. BigBo -- BigBo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- BigBob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1611 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27772 Not sur...

Saving Window for PDF file
A end-user was working in Great Plains 7.5 and some how or another he was trying to save what he was working on to a .pdf file. I ran virus scan and it came up clean. Also ran spyware it corrected it's problems. But either when the end-user logins or an administrator logs onto the network. This Saving window for .pdf file keeps coming up. You can click on "Cancel" option and it keeps coming back. Can anyone help me? I'm not sure though this it related to Great Plains or not. ...

PST #2
Received this message Uunable to display folder. Erros have been detacted in the C:\Windows\local setings\application data\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst Ran "repair and detect" several times, any ideas? JR wrote: > Received this message > > Uunable to display folder. Erros have been detacted in > the C:\Windows\local setings\application > data\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst > > Ran "repair and detect" several times, any ideas? Run scanpst.exe. On a COPY. ...

use CSV as Database Files to generate Crystal Report
Hi all, I am trying to use CSV file as Database Files to generate Crystal Report. However, I am always prompted for user and password, which does not make sense. However, it works well with XML file. Could someone please help me on how to get the CSV file to work? Thank you very much. regards, Sean You'd be better of posting to a newsgroup regarding Crystal. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 08:44:26 -0800, "Sean" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Hi al...

Ms Access 2007 corruption issue
I was doing vba programming in access 2007 when I closed the db and tried to restart access. The configuration screen appeared and shortly there after the following message appeared: "Automatic configuration of the current version of Microsoft Office Access has failed. Your Database might not function correctly. This can occur if you do not have the necessary permissions to install Microsoft Access on this computer" I have admin rights in XP sp3 and it's been working fine for the last 2 weeks. Google search on the phrase did not return any solution. Any help...

Corrupt
Is there a way to check to see if you have a corrupted excel workbook. I have one 2.5 MB and all of a sudden it takes a very long time to save. Also when I copy information from it to another it some times reformattes the whole workbook to HTML style. Is it " run MS office Diagnostics in the excell option? Or is there something else that will locate a promblem. Thanks. Dpal ...

QUESTION: Excel files not showing on the toolbar
My destop toolbar uses to display all the Excel file that that I a opening or working on, this way I can switch beteen files easily b clicking the file that I want from the toolbar. However, right now i won't display all the files open but the active one. I have to go t the Excel "Window" menu to select the current opened file. How can fix the problem. Please advise. Thx -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Menu Tools > Options > Somewhere > check Windows in Taskbar, OK out. HTH. Best wishes Harald "giki822 >" <<giki822.16izch@excelfo...

Header not printing #2
Trying to make header and page numbers print from MS Word version X (in=20 MS Office for Mac, Students and Teachers edition, software about 4 = months=20 old). Saving it as a Microsoft Word document. Running on six month old=20 iMac G4 with the latest OS X version 10.3.5. I can make the header and=20 page numbers appear, but they won't print. Tried two different printers = (HP=20 and Cannon). I can email it to my PC and make it print there, once I = convert=20 the files. Have read all the help files. New to Mac's and I'm probably = missing something simple. Your help is appre...

How to print 8 1/2 x 11 pages on a 17 x 11 to fold in half?
I am trying to get our newsletter to print directly to our new Kyocera printer/copier, but am having trouble getting publisher to sync with the printer. Our leasing company can't help us. I have a multi-page document 8 1/2 x 11 that I want to print on 11x17 landscaped paper which will then get folded. I've played around with the page setup, the print setup, but nothing works. I've tried using a special fold but it wants to segment the page and I get pieces of my document on multiple pages. The same thing happens when I try to set up a special paper size. We want to be...

Create Workgroup file
Hi, I'm working on a project and have secured it using a workgroup file. Here are my concerns:- 1). Whenever i open my Access file it should automatically open with the particular workgroup file and i know that this can be done using a shortcut but i need something like a code that can be added to the access file itself. 2). Whenever i link this workgroup file to my Access file it also affects all the other access files on my system. I don't want this to happen. 3). I don't want anyone to hack into my file by just creating another workgroup file and link my file to it. As y...

End User Profile corruption on Vista Enterprise in AD
One of users had a corruption of his profile under Vista Enteprise as an Active Directory user who logs on with his Smart Card. I'll call his Domain Name; Bob.Unlucky His profile is; c:\users\Bob.Unlucky When he logged on, he did not get his normal setup (desktop, icons, resolution, etc) and his MS Outlook wasn't setup which was a clear sign of a Profile corruption. I examined his PC and found a new profile; c:\users\TEMP All files in his Documents folder are encrypted using his Smart Card and he could not access any files in; c:\users\Bob.Unlucky\Documents ...

Insert File Default
Hi Folks, In Outlook XP, when you click Insert / File Attachment - How can you set a location to look for the file as your default? Thanks in advance Alan See if the information on the following page helps: http://www.slipstick.com/config/attachfolder.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "The Fatman" <albaxter@optushome.com.au> wrote in message news:3f35ace4$0$28117$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au... > Hi Folks, > > I...

read only #2
Hi all, I have 2 PCs A and B connected by a peer to peer network (a cable). A certain directory in A ands its file F.xls is shared with B. When I load F.xls from A to B it arrives as "read only" (appended to its name between []). I can't save it in a subdirectory of B even when I try to do it with a different name. Strange thing is, a long time ago all this was not a problem. For some unknown reason the behavior of my network (or PCs) suddenly changed. The machines fight back? When I look at the file properties, tab general, section "characteristics" (translated from ...