corrupt account in outlook 2003

I suddenly got error 0x800CCC92 in my Outlook 2003.It kept asking for
username and password.
I got around this by creating a new identity and all work's again,but with
wrong identity.
How do I get my old identity and mail back,Is there an easy way because many
programs are installed with old identity.
OS=xp sp2

0
hwb317 (1)

OL doesnt have/use Identities, explain what you did

"HB" <hwb317@telia.com> wrote in message
> I suddenly got error 0x800CCC92 in my Outlook 2003.It kept asking for
> username and password.
> I got around this by creating a new identity and all work's again,but with
> wrong identity.
> How do I get my old identity and mail back,Is there an easy way because
many
> programs are installed with old identity.
> OS=xp sp2

0
DL
1/1/2007 9:13:32 AM
OK, I created another account in xp with a fake name  and went into
outlook2003 and used same username and password (same emailadress) and then
there was no problem to get mail

"DL" <address@invalid> skrev i meddelandet
> OL doesnt have/use Identities, explain what you did
>
> "HB" <hwb317@telia.com> wrote in message
>> I suddenly got error 0x800CCC92 in my Outlook 2003.It kept asking for
>> username and password.
>> I got around this by creating a new identity and all work's again,but
>> with
>> wrong identity.
>> How do I get my old identity and mail back,Is there an easy way because
> many
>> programs are installed with old identity.
>> OS=xp sp2

0
divanen (1)
1/1/2007 12:14:32 PM
In File>Open>Data File.........browse to and open any resulting pst's
You may want to check properties of your current personal folders, to
assertain its name, so you dont attempt to reopen same one.

PS OL uses Profiles, if you actually created a new winxp user, instead you
should (in the user you wish to retain) used the mail applet in the control
panel to create a new profile, added the data file and created the mail
accounts - you may or may not wish to use this route, as your My Documents
will also have changed with creating a new winxp user

"Harry Bergman" <divanen@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> OK, I created another account in xp with a fake name  and went into
> outlook2003 and used same username and password (same emailadress) and
then
> there was no problem to get mail
>
> "DL" <address@invalid> skrev i meddelandet
> > OL doesnt have/use Identities, explain what you did
> >
> > "HB" <hwb317@telia.com> wrote in message
> >> I suddenly got error 0x800CCC92 in my Outlook 2003.It kept asking for
> >> username and password.
> >> I got around this by creating a new identity and all work's again,but
> >> with
> >> wrong identity.
> >> How do I get my old identity and mail back,Is there an easy way because
> > many
> >> programs are installed with old identity.
> >> OS=xp sp2

0
DL

Adding multiple contact relationships to an account
I am having no success in my attempts to add two fields to the account form. Both are Many to 1 relationship attributes, on is a technical contact, the other is a billing contact. These two fields should appear on the account form in the same manner as the primary contact field that is on the form by default. My problem is that whenever I attempt to create a new Many to 1 relationship in the account entity, the primary entity drop down list only shows my custom entities, the contact entity is not displayed. This seems to be a trivial change, but appears to not be allowed by CRM. Can a...

Database corruption?
Native mode Ex2003 Standard SP1 on Win2003 in Win2003 Interim Mode domain. Many (but not all) mailboxes are reported through System Manager and through Outlook mailbox properties as being larger than they actually are. Often, a lot larger. In one case, a users Outbox folder was reported as being over 50MB when, in fact, it was empty. It also seems to be the case that for these mailboxes, users can't use Recover Deleted Items. When they select the item and click the recover button, the item disappears from Recover Deleted Items but never appears in the Deleted Items folder. The last symp...

outlook 2002 04-21-10
I am getting emails with links but I can't open them. I am getting a notice that the operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator.... Pls help !! In Internet Explorer click Tools | Internet Options | Advanced and then click the Reset button. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "שרית" <@discussions.micr...

Outlook Messages are blank
We have a user with outlook 2000 who has received 3 emails today with blank messages (nothing in the message body). Other users who have been sent the same message receive text within the message. We run an exchange server and the user's email is kept in .pst files. Her .pst is about 80mb. The user did not make any changes to her email settings. Any clues as to what would cause this? On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 16:08:13 -0700, "Andy Henderson" <sfmarkh@pacbell.net> wrote: >We have a user with outlook 2000 who has received 3 emails today with blank >messages (nothing in...

Outlook 2003 Journal Question
Hi all, I've been working on configuring the outlook 2003 journal to my liking. I've set the emails to be recorded into it, but it only records sent emails automatically. Is there an easy switch to get it to record incomming emails as well without me having to drag them from the Inbox to the Journal folder? Thanks in Advance ...

How to change CRMmail account
How can I change the e-mail address that I specified during my CRM 3.0 installation? I meant the router Mailbox. "Ian" wrote: > How can I change the e-mail address that I specified during my CRM 3.0 > installation? Uninstall/reinstall. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Ian" <Ian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89397292-1B6D-4FDD-92E7-F05FF7622C2E@microsoft.com... I meant the router Mailbox. "Ian" wrote: > How can I change the e-mail address that I specified during my CRM 3.0 > installation? ...

Corrupt
Is there a way to check to see if you have a corrupted excel workbook. I have one 2.5 MB and all of a sudden it takes a very long time to save. Also when I copy information from it to another it some times reformattes the whole workbook to HTML style. Is it " run MS office Diagnostics in the excell option? Or is there something else that will locate a promblem. Thanks. Dpal ...

Outlook is not retrieving my mail from Comcast
I am trying to set up my comcast email account in outlook. I am using mail.comcast.net (incoming) and smtp.comcast.net (outgoing). I did the "Test Account Settings" and it says complete, but none of mail is showing up in my inbox. The test email shows up when I check it on comcast.net but not in Outlook. I have even tried mailing myself from AOL to Comcast to see if I get it in Outlook, but nope. I set up my AOL (IMAP) and it works just fine. Any help would be appreciated! Siobhan <Siobhan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to set up my comcast ema...

OWA with Exchange 2003 Server (SBS2003 std)
Hi there, Since some time now, I can't open mails thru OWA. I can log on, I can see the messages, but while loading the pages, I get the yellow warnings that there are errors. I can see the message header, but if I double click on any message, nothing happens. I tried it on 10 different PC's with all different locations and Operating systems. Can some one help me? Thanks Duncan On Wed, 15 Mar 2006 12:06:28 -0800, Kankantrie <Kankantrie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi there, > >Since some time now, I can't open mails thru OWA. I can log on, I can see &...

Closed account not so closed?
Hi All... I have (had) an investment account with E*Trade, which I have since closed. In MS Money 2006, I have it as "Account Is Closed", in the account list. There are a few weird things going on: 1. When I go into the account list, this account appears in gray with $0.00 next to it, but the "To Review" column has "Update in Progress" in it. This account is definately not part of my regular online updates (though when it was active, it was). 2. When I click into this account, 2 securities are listed. Neither one of them has Quantity or Cost Basis,...

Help with outlook 2000
When I attach a document in outlook 2000 it attaches it into the mail message. How do I either get an atachment pane under the "cc" and "subject" panes, or I have seen the screen split horizontally and the inserted document is shown below the message. Thanks in advance. Dave Dave G <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I attach a document in outlook 2000 it attaches it > into the mail message. How do I either get an atachment > pane under the "cc" and "subject" panes, or I have seen > the screen split horizontally ...

OWA 2003 Issue (Attachment corruption) #3
Hello everyone, We have Front-End/Back-End configuration of Exchange 2003 Std. servers (SP2 and all hot fixes after it). So, if someone sends e-mail with attachment through OWA the attachment becomes corrupted (it has same size and name but could not be read by any application / system splits attachment and put 2 parts of it into message using the same name of file). It happens to all documents (Word, Excel, PDF) image files (JPG,GIF,PNG) are affected as well. We tried to send those files through usual MS Outlook 2003 and they go just perfect. We have McAfee Groupshield 6.02 for Exch...

Cannot enable message tracking in Exchange 2003
Hi All We have an Exchange 2003 on Win 2003 in a Win2K domain. I am trying to enable message tracking without any success. When I go to the server properties and the message tracking section, in the message tracking location field it shows "Access is Denied """" Facility: win32 """""ID no: c007". When I check the box that says enable message tracking I receive the pop up that informs me to provide read only access to the folder \\my_exchange_server\my_exchange_server.log. I have now changed the security and the share permissions to allow e...

IM 8.0: You must provide an account
We tried to use Integration Manager 8.0 and failed. We got the following error message:any change for IM 8.0 handling blank account number "The following problem was encountered during destination uninitialization: you must provide an account." The same data work fine for IM 7.0. We did have some account numbers missing but the system allow us to input them later with warning message. Is there ? Thanks for all helps. ...

Outlook Express 2007
When I try to delete a message from my inbox, i get an error message (a folder by this name already exists) does anyone know how to correct this? -- Roady Roady wrote: > When I try to delete a message from my inbox, i get an error message (a > folder by this name already exists) does anyone know how to correct this? There is no such software as Outlook Express 2007. There is Outlook 2007. There is Outlook Express 6. This newsgroup discusses Outlook. For questions on Outlook EXPRESS, ask in a newsgroup on that product. ...

Investment Account position matching
I have two problems here - looks like the first somehow lead to the second. 1) I have two investment accounts with the same mutual fund in each, but Money won't let me assign the same ticker with a different name... I know, I tried! In the process of setting that up I had some unused names lurking [apparently] in the bowels of Money which lead to: 2) A new mutual fund [in one of the accounts] got reported in my online updates but is now somehow matched to one of the unused names, rather than being reported as the fund it is. Now every time there is an update I get a dialog box ...

Outlook 01-10-08
Good Morning, I wonder if anyone can help me. I have got Microsoft Windows Visa Home Premium, I have got outlook 2002 and when I set it up I had saved my password for the email accounts and each time I load outlook up again it keeps asking me to enter them again. Can any help me? You're posting in the wrong forum. This MSAccess, go to Outlook. Leo "Philip Ingram" <ingram.ph@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:66E1D835-0590-424D-91E7-148D7CABDEDC@microsoft.com... > Good Morning, > > I wonder if anyone can help me. I have got Microsoft Windows Visa Home ...

How to get activities to show in Contacts in Outlook 2007?
I'm brand new to Outlook 2007. Had Outlook 2002 before. Have tracked a lot of "activities in 2002 that I'd like to get to show up either in Contacts/Activities or Business Contacts/History. I know there's a setup process for each contact, but I can't figure it out. Help, please! -- Margy Maybe this is what you're thinking of: In Outlook 2007, the Contacts box = for linking items to contacts does not appear by default. You will need = to turn it on -- Tools | Options | Contact Options | Show Contact = Activity Information on All Forms.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook...

Downloading Account Information to 2007
I just set up 2007 to download my account information from Schwab and it went pretty well. My question is, the next time I download, will it download from the last download or will it overlap and download duplicate information from the previous download. I think I set my first download to give me 30 or 60 days worth of transactions, I don't remember. What happens the next time I download? Thanks -- David Schwartz Commack, NY It's supposed to just download new data, David -- in other words, from the last download. I've been using Schwab for a while now and there are ...

XP account password lost
Hi my wife has managed to forget her password on her PC, she uses a password to keep the kids out but has now managed to keep her self out. Is there a way she can get the password back or override it and make a new one? Gerald "Gerald Bramwell" <newsgroups@animals-in-distress.net> wrote in message news:uXscL3vaKHA.6028@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi my wife has managed to forget her password on her PC, she uses a > password to keep the kids out but has now managed to keep her self out. Is > there a way she can get the password back or override it and ...

Outlook Rules & appropriAte PERMISSIONS ERROR
In a somewhat vain attempt to control spam automatically I have created a rule that permanently deletes spam email (i.e ones with text "[X" in the subject. This rules works when I run it manually (i.e. goto rulees wizard and run the rule manually. Howeverwhen Outlook is closed or minimized and checking for mail in the background, or I execute a simple send/recieve I recieve an error : you do not have I get the error that says I do not have appropriate permissions to approriate permission to perform this operation" How do I rectify this.. I believe there are some perms...

Outlook won't open
When I try to open Outlook email, I get an error message saying Outlook cannot start, cannot open window. Does Outlook open with the Safe switch. Let us know if it does. Start > Run > outlook.exe /resetnavpane (notice the space between outlook.exe and /resetnavpane) -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "rocker333" <rocker333@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A0B76C93-CB23-4F78-A56B-F22C86D4DA93@microsoft.com... > When I try to o...

Outlook 2002-View Distribution Lists
I can not seem to view all my distribution lists in Contacts at once. Any ideas? -Rose ...

Virtual Accounts?
Hi all, I would love to be able to create some 'virtual accounts' but I am not sure of firstly if it can be done and secondly how to do it. Basically I put away amounts each month for certain expenses but dont want t o have a bank account for each expenditure in order to see how much is curre ntly available for that category. I would prefer just to have one account a nd lump all the items together and then using Money have it break the curren tly levels of each down for me. e.g I put aside 100 per month for car tags. Since the car tags are only due once a year, I want to be able...

Fonts being corrupted
Situation: Restart computer and open Word, Excel, Power Point - no problems. Quit MS Stuff - all office 2004 Open Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop. Go back and open Word, Excel, Power Point - at the optimizing font part of the startup, it pops up a dialog box something about corrupted fonts. Several fonts are said to be corrupted. Restart and all works fine. Run updates from MS website - 11.1.0 Dumped prefs in ~/library/prefs/microsoft Restarting fixes the font problems and it works fine until we opening Adobe stuff. Brian ...