Copying Netscape Info to Outlook 2002

I have tried using the instructions in KB 291601 but this is not working.

The agency I work for had a P2P network running, of all things, Communicator
4.7 for email and using OL2000 for calendering etc. I recently installed
SBS2K and upgraded everyone to OL2002, but people being creatures of habit,
getting people off of Netscape has been a chore. The main concern is that
there are MANY contacts on their systems held in Netscape 4.7. OL2002 will
not import from NS 4.7, and you have to go through OL EXPRESS forst and then
to OL2002 (according to article 291601). This is not working. Anyone else
out there deal with this before and offer any insights?

Thanks

0
harris1214 (34)

Cached Outlook address list to Contacts folder?
Is there an easy way to copy addresses from the Outlook address cache to a contacts folder? How to automatically add recipient email address to contacts folder when sending email? Thanks you mean the autocomplete cache? either an addin to add people you reply to (http://www.slipstick.com/addins/contacts.htm#data) to contacts, or use http://www.ingressor.com/ -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http:/...

Rules Wizard in MS Outlook 2000
It seems that the 'list' of contacts that I want to receive e-mail from grows and grows and grows. You can't sort it but I've discovered multiple addresses when I've only added them once. Any suggestions? ...

DVD Copy Pro for Mac

outlook 2002 #212
Is it possible to have new incoming mail notices alerting you in your taskbar without Outlook running, like most mail programs? if so ,How? Thanks. snowball wrote: > Is it possible to have new incoming mail notices alerting you in your > taskbar without Outlook running, like most mail programs? if so ,How? > Thanks. No, unless you use a third-party application to do that. ...

transfer outlook reminders
Hello. I have calendar in Outlook 2003 and ten users, who connect to this calendar throu their mailboxes. I need a solution (maybe VBS or VBA utility) to transfer calendar reminders to end user's mailboxes. Will be glad any suggustions. Thanks, Dmitry Burtsev. Burtsev Dmitry <burtsev@remove.km.ru> wrote: > I have calendar in Outlook 2003 and ten users, who connect to this > calendar throu their mailboxes. > I need a solution (maybe VBS or VBA utility) to transfer calendar > reminders to end user's mailboxes. Doesn't drag-and-drop work? -- Brian Tillman...

I cannot send out of outlook with 2003 and Yahoo
I keep getting this error Task 'davidm@equityfound.com - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC7D) : 'Your outgoing (SMTP) server does not support SSL-secured connections. If SSL-secured connections have worked in the past, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' It is driving me crazy, i have set both encryption and port numbers right and it still does not work Wrong group. This is for programming questions. Post in one of the appropriate Outlook groups such as microsoft.public.outlook.general. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] ht...

Import/copy calendar in Outlook 2003

Web Outlook (2003) appts are still whacked
Did windowsupdate.com and also ran the tzmove.exe tool to fix appointments with regards to new DST. If I use regular Outlook everything looks fine. But when I switch to Web Outlook, my appointments are still messed up for the next 3 weeks (off by 1 hour). How can I fix Web Outlook appointments? thanks. c Your email admin needs to apply the DST patch to your version of Exchange. - RAM On Mar 12, 1:49 pm, "RAM" <rmilbr...@gfnet.com> wrote: > Your email admin needs to apply the DST patch to your version of > Exchange. > > - RAM My admin says if appointments ...

Copy info from one workbook to another?

After XP sp2 upgrade, Outlook 2003 crashes every time a Contact is saved or links to other contacts added to it
The subject line says it all. On my Toshiba Tablet PC, "After XP sp2 upgrade, Outlook 2003 crashes every time a Contact is saved or links to other contacts added to it" (via the Contact's "Contacts..." link button). The error signature is always the same: AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 11.0.6353.0 AppStamp:408f2937 ModName: mso.dll ModVer: 11.0.6360.0 ModStamp:40d147de fDebug: 0 Offset: 0001f0e3d And I always send a report to Microsoft (about 115K each), but there is no response giving a fix as there sometimes is. With www.Microsoft.com -> Windows Update, I ha...

Secondary Copy

local copy of mail

Outlook 2000 SP3

outlook attatchment read only
when I try and open a attatchment that someone sends me it opens it as a read only file. I can save it as another name. I can also drag it to the desktop and than open it and it won't be read only. Just wondering if there is a setting that I need to change to get this to work. I don't like it when I need to change the name all the time to save it. its only when I receive attatchments. If I receive attatchmet it does it. If I forward back to the person who send it. It does not become read only on there computer It is outlook 2003. When you open the message first and...

Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
When I go to send a message and type in the person's first initial it gives me the drop down box to choose who I want to send to. However, there are names in there that I want to delete but I do not know how to delete them? These names are NOT in my address book or contact list, these are names from people that I did business with a couple of years ago and sent emails to and now I want to delete these names from this drop down list. Any suggestions? "steelergal63" <steelergal63@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:31E05474-5199-49B3-B2D6-E3...

BMP file in OUTLOOK 2000
I used to be able to put a animated file in my Outlook2000 message. When a person received my message, the file would should up in the message. Now when I send the message, the file shows up as a attachment. Is their something else I need to do, or Out2000 change where you cannot do it anymore? Change your message format to HTML and choose Insert-> Picture to insert your gif-file -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "bdowns" <bdowns@one.net> wrote in message new...

Moving Outlook to a new computer #2
I am trying to move my Outlook 2003 to a new computer and can not see how to move all of my customization with it. For example, the catagories additions I made and all of the rules I set up for lables. Can someone point me to an article that gives you the details? Thanks ...

Copy picture ossice wizard

Outlook 2003 sends my gmail through 2 steps, why??
I am using Outlook 2003 to send my gmail account through smtp.gmail.com. When I send mail in Outlook, it goes into the Outbox rather than get sent right away. Then from my outbox, I can send the email. This seems like a redundancy in efforts, how can I get Outlook to send it straight away? Look at the Tools Menu, then Options, then Mail Setup Tab. Check off the box "Send immediately when connected". -- Lenny V "Uncle Scotty" wrote: > I am using Outlook 2003 to send my gmail account through > smtp.gmail.com. When I send mail in Outlook, it goes into the Outbox...

Can't access my contacts from outlook after migration
I recently bought a new HP laptop (preloaded). Loaded my MS Office, installed all components, then copied my PST files across and configured Outlook to use them. Now I can se my contacts if I click on contacts tab, but not use them from inside compose a mail in outlook. What's up !! "LynneJ" <LynneJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C11574C-1F7B-48CE-B5C6-AD16F3E41FF3@microsoft.com... > I recently bought a new HP laptop (preloaded). Loaded my MS Office, > installed > all components, then copied my PST files across and configured Out...

Outlook dbx file
My boss saved his outlook express messages to a file with a dbx extension on a memory stick off his old computer. How do I get outlook express to recognize the file on his new computer or restore it on his old one? He wants his messages back and I don't know how to open the dbx file and I can't seem to copy it back to it's original folder. Thanks. 1. Email Messages: From the Outlook Express menu select Tools | Options | Maintenance and click the StoreFolder button. You see a dialog with the name of the directory that has your mail files. If you look in that directory ...

can i import my address book from my sbcyahoo to outlook?
i would like to import my email addresses from my address book in yahoo to outlook can this be done? What format does Yahoo! support for export? Have you consulted their help files for assistance? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, help asked: | i would like to import my email addresses from my address book in | yahoo to outlook can this be done? help <help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > i would ...

Saving Outlook Calendar as Web Page
When I'm trying to save a personal calendar as a web page, there is a date/day mismatch after Jan 1, 2005. In other words, the correct Jan 1, 2005 falls on a Saturday, but when I save it as a webpage, Jan 1, 2005 falls on a Friday, and all the appointments are off by one day also. Anyone else seen this and what can I do?? Jim This is a well documented problem. I posted the same question on 9/17 at... http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/community/NewsGroups/default.mspx?query=2005&dg=microsoft.public.outlook&cat=exchange&lang=en&cr=US&pt=&catlist=C9163434-DE68...

MS Money 2002
I have always had this problem downloading transactions from my Bank. They insist on downloading the transaction in the form: COMPANY ABC 12345 where 12345 is the confirmation # for that month. Of course the next month the confirmation # changes and Money can't match the payee again. e.g. COMPANY ABC 67890 I have talked to my bank many times and they insist that it is not their problem and that they can't download the information as a separate field anyway (what kind of programmers do they have? This seems like a very simple matter, even if they have to include a new option on the d...