Copying Addresses from the To field

I thouight I had posted this but if so it's somewhere obscure so I'm
trying again!

I have a large number of addresses I need tyo get into a manageable
format i.e. useable email addresses, a latge proportion are formatted
like this: 'familiarname!<someones@somewhere>. If I copy no matter
what I do it will only paste the familiar name, the address is lost. I
have tried every combination I cam think of. I have about 800
addresses and it would be aweful if I have to manually edit them.

Any ideas?

thanks

0
liz9590 (1)

If they in the To... field, right click each individually and select Add to
Outlook Contacts.

Right click everywhere in Outlook - that's where the best things are hiding.

--

Judy Gleeson
MVP Outlook

read my articles here: www.judygleeson.com
Canberra, Australia

how to post questions: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=555375

<liz@TheTangoClub.com> wrote in message
>I thouight I had posted this but if so it's somewhere obscure so I'm
> trying again!
>
> I have a large number of addresses I need tyo get into a manageable
> format i.e. useable email addresses, a latge proportion are formatted
> like this: 'familiarname!<someones@somewhere>. If I copy no matter
> what I do it will only paste the familiar name, the address is lost. I
> have tried every combination I cam think of. I have about 800
> addresses and it would be aweful if I have to manually edit them.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> thanks

0
gleeson_judy (321)

DVD Copy Pro for Mac

Cached Outlook address list to Contacts folder?
Is there an easy way to copy addresses from the Outlook address cache to a contacts folder? How to automatically add recipient email address to contacts folder when sending email? Thanks you mean the autocomplete cache? either an addin to add people you reply to (http://www.slipstick.com/addins/contacts.htm#data) to contacts, or use http://www.ingressor.com/ -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http:/...

Field can not be updated....Why?
Dear All, Why does access send me below error message "! Field can not be updated " I type some value to my field but the error message appear,I have to click OK 4 times and then the value I type is typed.And this condition occur for the first typing only then others work normally.?Any guidance? I think this error occur cause I input the data into a child table,but although the relationship is deleted, the problem still exist.Why? I use access 2000 and my form type is continuous form. I plan it to become subform.Please help.Any assist would be greatly appreciated.Thank's...

GAL and another Address Book
I've taken the address book from WinFax and exported into a .csv file. I've imported this into a .pst profile. Now I'd like to have this "address book" of thousands of Fax Numbers available through the Exchange Server (Address Book) so users can access it easily through the Create a Fax Wizard in SBS 03, instead of sharing out one workstations book and going down that road. Is this possible and if so, is there any documentation I haven't found to do it? Thanks in advance. Joseph. Copy the items from the .pst folder into a contacts folder under Public = Fold...

Tab , setFocus doesn't hilite the text of the field
Hi, I have many fields that should be filled by the user. I added 2 more and I would like to change the tab order. I don't like using the numbers (after pressing Ctrl D, by clicking the fields I change the order) because I have too many fields and it takes time to do that. So I used the script, in each killFocus function I called setFocus function with the right field. The problem is that this function brings the cursor to the right field BUT it doesn't hilite the value in that field so in order to change this value I have first to hilite it. How can I hilite it by script? Th...

Import/copy calendar in Outlook 2003

Copy info from one workbook to another?

Secondary Copy

local copy of mail

Outlook 2000 SP3

CDaoTableDef
I'm developing an application that uses the MicroSoft Access Jet DB engine. This is being done using C++ in VS.net. I need to change the user's db when they use the new version of the program. In particular I need to change the length of a text field in a pre-existing db without loosing the user's data. When I wanted to add a new field I used CDaoTableDef and it worked fine, but I can't locate a method to just update an existing field's properties. Any Ideas on how this can be done?? Thanks, Neil Neil if you need to alter the attributes of a tabledef object, you ...

Copy picture ossice wizard

create calculated field for age in pivot tables
I need to create a calculated field for Age from the birth date within a Pivot Table (Excel Office 2007). I can not create age in the data set because it is pulling directly from a data source. I tried just using the formula =INT((TODAY()- Birthday)/365.25) but received an error. Hi That won't work because you cannot use NOW() or TODAY() in PT Calculated fields or items. I think the only way you can do it (approximately) if you cannot add a field to your source data, would be to make a calculated field with the formula =2010-Year(Birthday) -- Regards Roger G...

subtotal copy and paste

external receipient with internal domain address!
Hello i want to check if it possible for me to do the following thing on exchange 2003 on a AD 2003 Domain. Lets say that i have the domain test.gr and i have an exchange set up for this domain working correctly. I want mails that are destined to some of my users lets say user1@test.gr and user2@test.gr to be forwarded on external email addresses. Lets say user1@ext-test.gr , user2@ext-test.gr if i create contacts for these mail addresses mail user1@test.gr and user2@test.gr i am not able to forward mail to the external domain. If i create contacts for the external email addresses user1@...

can i import my address book from my sbcyahoo to outlook?
i would like to import my email addresses from my address book in yahoo to outlook can this be done? What format does Yahoo! support for export? Have you consulted their help files for assistance? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, help asked: | i would like to import my email addresses from my address book in | yahoo to outlook can this be done? help <help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > i would ...

Unable to HIDE addresses in GAL with Exchange 2003 mixed mode
I am running a new Exchange 2003 server in mixed mode with an Exchange 5.5 server. I have an ADC connection agreement that is working to my old server. I mark users as "Hide from address lists", but this has no effect. These users and distribution lists still appear in the GAL. The Recipient Update Service is running, and working. I have rebuilt and forced them to replicate with no change. I have seen many posts on Google with this problem, but no solutions. Little help??? Aaron Gabrielson aaron_gabrielson@hotmail.com they show in the GAL on the 2003 side, or the 5.5 side? ...

Copying graphs

How do I set up a personsl address book in Outlook?
I am trying to create a personal address book in Outlook so that I can transfer it to my contacts in Outlook Express and I canpt find any instrutions on how to do this. Thank you for any HELP you my give. Outlook does not use an address book. You can export your Contacts to any format OE can import. CSV seems to work for most folks. -- Russ Valentine "Sterling1Mia" <Sterling1Mia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A3A362B1-8618-41D5-ADA9-4E1CDC950618@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create a personal address book in Outlook so that I can > tra...

Deleting Range name's listed in the range address box.
In Excel, in the top corner of the application there is a box which list the name of a select range (e.g F19 etc..). when I use the querytables method to import a CSV onto a worksheet. This range address box, has the name of the data I have imported. when I use clear, or qyertytables delete to remove the imported data - I am unable to remove the name of the data appearing in the drop-down list for the range box. Is there anyway to delete this ? or is it not a problem ? I am concerned because I this rangelist seems to fill up pretty quickly with imported data ranges.. Choose Insert&...

Copying Views

Having a go with assembly... how do I copy a double into a register??
I'm trying to speed up a maths routine which consists of much iterative multiplication (and adding and subtraction of ) doubles. Now if I declare my doubles as floats float f double d _asm { mov edx, f //ok mov edx, d //error operand size conflict Can someone show me the error of my ways??? Thanks "Si" <me@you.twang> wrote in message news:sm1gk0l60ng23gilu9b68hkcqi3ub9horn@4ax.com... > > > I'm trying to speed up a maths routine which consists of much > iterative multiplication (and adding and subtraction of ) doubles. > > Now if I de...