Copy outlook setting to new install

Using MS Outlook 2000 (sp2)

I've just setup same program on new PC & would like to copy all previous
email folders & news folders/news server settings etc... so they look
identical.

Had a look at Export but doesn't seem to do complete export - is this
possible another (easy) way?

thanks

harry

0
a4010 (4)

Outlook is not a news reader and therefore never contained any of your
newsgroup data. You were most likely using Outlook Express for news.

For your email information simply reuse the same PST file your precious
installation was using (*.pst).  It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts
etc are stored.

Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup:
http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Harry" <a@abc.com> wrote in message
> Using MS Outlook 2000 (sp2)
>
> I've just setup same program on new PC & would like to copy all previous
> email folders & news folders/news server settings etc... so they look
> identical.
>
> Had a look at Export but doesn't seem to do complete export - is this
> possible another (easy) way?
>
> thanks
>
> harry

0
russval (3097)

Cached Outlook address list to Contacts folder?
Is there an easy way to copy addresses from the Outlook address cache to a contacts folder? How to automatically add recipient email address to contacts folder when sending email? Thanks you mean the autocomplete cache? either an addin to add people you reply to (http://www.slipstick.com/addins/contacts.htm#data) to contacts, or use http://www.ingressor.com/ -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http:/...

Rules Wizard in MS Outlook 2000
It seems that the 'list' of contacts that I want to receive e-mail from grows and grows and grows. You can't sort it but I've discovered multiple addresses when I've only added them once. Any suggestions? ...

DVD Copy Pro for Mac

transfer outlook reminders
Hello. I have calendar in Outlook 2003 and ten users, who connect to this calendar throu their mailboxes. I need a solution (maybe VBS or VBA utility) to transfer calendar reminders to end user's mailboxes. Will be glad any suggustions. Thanks, Dmitry Burtsev. Burtsev Dmitry <burtsev@remove.km.ru> wrote: > I have calendar in Outlook 2003 and ten users, who connect to this > calendar throu their mailboxes. > I need a solution (maybe VBS or VBA utility) to transfer calendar > reminders to end user's mailboxes. Doesn't drag-and-drop work? -- Brian Tillman...

outlook 2002 #212
Is it possible to have new incoming mail notices alerting you in your taskbar without Outlook running, like most mail programs? if so ,How? Thanks. snowball wrote: > Is it possible to have new incoming mail notices alerting you in your > taskbar without Outlook running, like most mail programs? if so ,How? > Thanks. No, unless you use a third-party application to do that. ...

I cannot send out of outlook with 2003 and Yahoo
I keep getting this error Task 'davidm@equityfound.com - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC7D) : 'Your outgoing (SMTP) server does not support SSL-secured connections. If SSL-secured connections have worked in the past, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' It is driving me crazy, i have set both encryption and port numbers right and it still does not work Wrong group. This is for programming questions. Post in one of the appropriate Outlook groups such as microsoft.public.outlook.general. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] ht...

Import/copy calendar in Outlook 2003

Copy info from one workbook to another?

Web Outlook (2003) appts are still whacked
Did windowsupdate.com and also ran the tzmove.exe tool to fix appointments with regards to new DST. If I use regular Outlook everything looks fine. But when I switch to Web Outlook, my appointments are still messed up for the next 3 weeks (off by 1 hour). How can I fix Web Outlook appointments? thanks. c Your email admin needs to apply the DST patch to your version of Exchange. - RAM On Mar 12, 1:49 pm, "RAM" <rmilbr...@gfnet.com> wrote: > Your email admin needs to apply the DST patch to your version of > Exchange. > > - RAM My admin says if appointments ...

After XP sp2 upgrade, Outlook 2003 crashes every time a Contact is saved or links to other contacts added to it
The subject line says it all. On my Toshiba Tablet PC, "After XP sp2 upgrade, Outlook 2003 crashes every time a Contact is saved or links to other contacts added to it" (via the Contact's "Contacts..." link button). The error signature is always the same: AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 11.0.6353.0 AppStamp:408f2937 ModName: mso.dll ModVer: 11.0.6360.0 ModStamp:40d147de fDebug: 0 Offset: 0001f0e3d And I always send a report to Microsoft (about 115K each), but there is no response giving a fix as there sometimes is. With www.Microsoft.com -> Windows Update, I ha...

Secondary Copy

local copy of mail

Outlook 2000 SP3

outlook attatchment read only
when I try and open a attatchment that someone sends me it opens it as a read only file. I can save it as another name. I can also drag it to the desktop and than open it and it won't be read only. Just wondering if there is a setting that I need to change to get this to work. I don't like it when I need to change the name all the time to save it. its only when I receive attatchments. If I receive attatchmet it does it. If I forward back to the person who send it. It does not become read only on there computer It is outlook 2003. When you open the message first and...

Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
When I go to send a message and type in the person's first initial it gives me the drop down box to choose who I want to send to. However, there are names in there that I want to delete but I do not know how to delete them? These names are NOT in my address book or contact list, these are names from people that I did business with a couple of years ago and sent emails to and now I want to delete these names from this drop down list. Any suggestions? "steelergal63" <steelergal63@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:31E05474-5199-49B3-B2D6-E3...

Copy picture ossice wizard

Moving Outlook to a new computer #2
I am trying to move my Outlook 2003 to a new computer and can not see how to move all of my customization with it. For example, the catagories additions I made and all of the rules I set up for lables. Can someone point me to an article that gives you the details? Thanks ...

v10 Int Mgr settings for .ini file to see dyn windows being popula
In v8 and earlier I used to create a im.ini file that would open GP windows and show the integration running. How do you do this in v10? Thanks Ray Nist Ray, The setting hasn't change. [IMGPPrv] ShowDynamics=True Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Ray Nist" wrote: > In v8 and earlier I used to create a im.ini file that would open GP windows > and show the integration running. > > How do you do this in v10? > > Thanks > Ray Nist Thanks Mario. We set this and it ...

BMP file in OUTLOOK 2000
I used to be able to put a animated file in my Outlook2000 message. When a person received my message, the file would should up in the message. Now when I send the message, the file shows up as a attachment. Is their something else I need to do, or Out2000 change where you cannot do it anymore? Change your message format to HTML and choose Insert-> Picture to insert your gif-file -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "bdowns" <bdowns@one.net> wrote in message new...

Outlook 2003 sends my gmail through 2 steps, why??
I am using Outlook 2003 to send my gmail account through smtp.gmail.com. When I send mail in Outlook, it goes into the Outbox rather than get sent right away. Then from my outbox, I can send the email. This seems like a redundancy in efforts, how can I get Outlook to send it straight away? Look at the Tools Menu, then Options, then Mail Setup Tab. Check off the box "Send immediately when connected". -- Lenny V "Uncle Scotty" wrote: > I am using Outlook 2003 to send my gmail account through > smtp.gmail.com. When I send mail in Outlook, it goes into the Outbox...

Outlook dbx file
My boss saved his outlook express messages to a file with a dbx extension on a memory stick off his old computer. How do I get outlook express to recognize the file on his new computer or restore it on his old one? He wants his messages back and I don't know how to open the dbx file and I can't seem to copy it back to it's original folder. Thanks. 1. Email Messages: From the Outlook Express menu select Tools | Options | Maintenance and click the StoreFolder button. You see a dialog with the name of the directory that has your mail files. If you look in that directory ...

How can I set up a guest list counter & tracker?
I just purchased this program- and would like to have a template for keeping track of wedding guests, their info, etc. I've seen websites where the program will keep count of guest & perform functions for you. Any suggestions? TIA What kind of functions do you think you'd want it to do? I can tell you that Excel will only be a help to you if you (or someone else) enters the data. "becca" wrote: > I just purchased this program- and would like to have a template for keeping > track of wedding guests, their info, etc. I've seen websites where the > pr...

Can't access my contacts from outlook after migration
I recently bought a new HP laptop (preloaded). Loaded my MS Office, installed all components, then copied my PST files across and configured Outlook to use them. Now I can se my contacts if I click on contacts tab, but not use them from inside compose a mail in outlook. What's up !! "LynneJ" <LynneJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C11574C-1F7B-48CE-B5C6-AD16F3E41FF3@microsoft.com... > I recently bought a new HP laptop (preloaded). Loaded my MS Office, > installed > all components, then copied my PST files across and configured Out...

Create New Report
Hi there, To set the scene, i'm using web client of 4.0, and i'm not a programmer. Currently, out-of-the-box functionality allows you to run a report called "Quote" which presents the data in a good format, almost good enough to hand to a customer. What I need is this report, but with our logo's embedded, and a few fields added/moved/removed, but i can't figure out how to edit layout options or content options, and I can't even seem to create a similar report from scratch (as they all appear to relate to exisitng XML reports out of the box). I'll be...