Converting Outlook files #2

Hi,

In a magazine article that I read, it said that when moving from Outlook 2002 or
earlier to Outlook 2003, you should convert the file to the new format that is
found in 2003, but how can I do that

BTW. I don't want to loose all of the documents and setting that are already
associated with the current file

--
Thank you in Advance

Merci a l'Avance

Martin

0
rat7_2001 (63)

In Outlook 2003, File->New->Outlook Data File->Type->Personal Folders File.
Do not select the 97-2002 format. Then drag and drop your folders from the
old to the new.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Martin Racette asked:

| Hi,
|
| In a magazine article that I read, it said that when moving from
| Outlook 2002 or earlier to Outlook 2003, you should convert the file
| to the new format that is found in 2003, but how can I do that
|
| BTW. I don't want to loose all of the documents and setting that are
| already associated with the current file

0
MillyS (3228)
12/27/2005 2:54:40 AM
What about the inbox and all the other e-mail and calendar related folders.

I tried what you suggested and I lost all of the appointment and task that were
recorded in the "old file"

BTW. will I have to redo all of the E-Mail setup

--
Thank you in Advance

Merci a l'Avance

Martin

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org>
wrote in message news:u8fliDpCGHA.3984@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> In Outlook 2003, File->New->Outlook Data File->Type->Personal Folders File.
> Do not select the 97-2002 format. Then drag and drop your folders from the
> old to the new.
>
> --�
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> reading.
>
> After furious head scratching, Martin Racette asked:
>
> | Hi,
> |
> | In a magazine article that I read, it said that when moving from
> | Outlook 2002 or earlier to Outlook 2003, you should convert the file
> | to the new format that is found in 2003, but how can I do that
> |
> | BTW. I don't want to loose all of the documents and setting that are
> | already associated with the current file

0
rat7_2001 (63)

CAN'T SEND EMAIL IN OUTLOOK #2
I downloaded some updates from microsoft and, if I open a site and click on "file" then 'send to", instead of the "send" button, I get a message "email blocked because of attachment". How can I get rid of OUTLOOK so that I can just use my simple OE6? Simple, you stop using outlook and set up / configure OE To be doubly sure you can uninstall OL "XJS FAN" <XJSFAN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E4F862BA-FFFC-4B41-A59B-2BDDA895B9B6@microsoft.com... >I downloaded some updates from microsoft and, if I open a site and...

How to Convert UTC to localTIme(C# )

Newsgrups in Office Outlook
Can I use my Microsoft Outlook [office 2000 SR 1] to reading and revewing Internet news groups? How to set it up? As for now I have to review news in my Outlook Expres, but it would be nice to use only one program. Thank you for any help! -- Outlook is not a news reader. It invokes OE or whatever news reader is your default. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Polikarp_1973" <simmias@poczta.onet.pl> wrote in message news:ch48hs$e4p$1@news.onet.pl... > Can I use my Microsoft Outlook [office 2000 SR 1] to reading and revewing > Internet news groups? > How to set i...

Outlook 2003: Attachment Icon doesn't print
All users in a subsidiary office share this attachment icon problem: they see the paper clip in the attachment field prior to opening the e-mail message, and they also see the icon in the opened e-mail (sometimes located below the subject line in the heading, and sometimes located in the body of the e-mail). When they print the message, the icon fails to appear. It will print when you print the message in Plain Text. For HTML it will be fixed in SP1 which is coming soon! -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an O...

You a 7-Day FREE Trial #2
We Are Offering You a 7-Day FREE Trial to the internet's Hottest New Business Opportunity! If you missed out on the DOT COM boom, now is your chance to cash in on the massive and growing global demand in our $20 BILLION PER YEAR market. We'll show you how to create an income that will come to you for years and grow with each passing month. A SIMPLE, Fully-Automated, REJECTION-FREE Internet Marketing System! Finally, an EASY, proven, FREE system that will truly help anyone willing to follow our guidance succeed! Average People Are Making Money! Average people are putting their home...

Convert text to time value

how to convert date

CHm file format
Hello, I have seen your's reference on code project. I am new to CHM format and i need to create a CHM viewer. I have some queries regarding the same a) what is binary TOC and binary index ( I have been able to parse the HHc and HHk fie). How i should parse the same b) What are merged files. How i can read them c) How how CHI, CHw and CHQ files can be created. How reading of these files will be different form the reading CHM file. Please help me out by answering my queries. Thanks, Ritu ...

Scheduled mail with outlook
Can outlook 2003 sent out a specific email every week on a specific time? shon <nomail@isp.nl> wrote: > Can outlook 2003 sent out a specific email every week on a specific > time? Yes, with some scripting. See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/forms/skedrpt.htm -- Brian Tillman ...

Excel: Auto converting text to numbers

Outlook 2007 Voice Access
Hello, Exchange 2007 SP1, Outlook 2007 SP2. We disabled the functionnality of Outlook Voice Access (OVA) to play e- mail messages on the phone - and limited it only to listen to voice messages. But we just noticed that when you disable this e-mail reading feature, OVA does not tell you how many NEW voice messages you have in your mailbox (they have not been read in Outlook and are still marked as unread). You can however continue and listen to them. So for me the TUIAccessToEmailEnabled PowerShell command set to $false also prevents knowing how many NEW voice messages we have...

service pack 2
I jave install this update mulpitle time do a reboot and the system tells me that it need to instll it agian each time it say successfull any ideas Please always state what OS you're & service pack Also, could you supply some information on what your firewall is, what is the installed antivirus/security suite, other R-TP programs, e.g. Spybot Search & Destroy (reduced functionality called "TeaTimer") Avira (From version 9) (Included in antivirus package), Ad-Aware, etc? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 -=- SP2 ? WinXP SP2, Vista SP2, Win2K SP...

Outlook does not Open!
Outlook takes a while to open then quits after error message. Same is happening with Internet @ MSN Explorer. Version of Outlook? Exact error message? Anything else relevant to this you would like to share? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Sal" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:26dfa01c4630d$a40e9400$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Outlook takes a while to open then quits after error > message. Same is happening with Inter...

How do I bring up a file that I saved as an Excel file?
I am taking classes and have to do work on Excel and was wondering why when I save them I can't retrieve them? I can see the file names but am not able to retrieve them I am inexperienced on Office. Hi open excel, choose file & open, locate your files, click on the one you want to open and press the Open button. however, if the files that you want to open are on a floppy disk then it is a VERY good idea to copy them onto your hard drive before opening them. This is best achieved using windows explorer. to do this: right mouse click on the start button choose explore ensure the flo...

Cannot locate Outlook
I cannot locate "Outlook" anywhere. I'm using Vista and have a registered Home and Student 2007. Outlook was there a few days ago, not now. I use Vista and IE & OE. A friend asked for help with Outlook. I opened it a few days ago to look it over. Yesterday I could not find it in the Office suite drop down list or anywhere. Where do I find it? -- richard "Richard" <richard1@nospam.net> wrote in message news:3AC644E7-15ED-445C-B63B-307D46EA60AF@microsoft.com... > I cannot locate "Outlook" anywhere. I'm using Vista and have a re...

Moving from 2 domain controllers to 1 with exchange 2003 in the m
Help!! I would like to demote one domain controller of two leaving me with only one domain controller. The problem is i have Exchange 2003 in the domain which is not necessarily a problem. I am concerned that by demoting the backup domain server that there will be a problem with connectivity with exchange. Does anyone have any suggestions or solutions? Please let me know. Note: the primary domain controller does the Global cataloging and config so this should be not problem right? Hi Rox, AD doesn't really have PDC and BDC like earlier versions of windows. You can certainly dem...

error in outlook
I was wondering if any body is had an issue with oulook regarding the following error "OUTLOOK IS OUT OF SYSTEM RESOURCES", following by a Dr. Watson error. Dr. Watson error OUTLOOK.exe Exception: access violation (0x0000005), Address: 0x04c9bb30 The system is a NT box with 10GB HD, 128MB RAM and 433MHz cpu. This error ocurrs evey now and then it is not constantly happning. Usually is whil working in outlook. I hope some-one can help me. Thanks ...

OutLook 2003 SP1
Dear all, I've a problem with my medium-sized PST (1.1Gb, local hard drive). When I try to move message from this PST to another local PST (old_messages_04) I got this error message: "Can't move the items. The item could not be moved. It was either already moved or deleted, or access was denied". ScanDisk corrected some issue on PST files, and I already ran SCANPST.exe, but I got the same error. Could you help me? Did you've any site/links to follow? I altrady tried to look for help on internet unsuccesfully. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance ...

Convert Access97 to 2000

How To Pre-Define Username Settings For Outlook 2003 Client In Roaming Profiles
I have a generic default user profile that is setup for our organization and lives in the netlogon share. Whenever I make changes to the roaming profiles I delete the users profiles and they get a new copy of the default user profile to call their own when they next log on. My problem is that I cannot figure out how to have Outlook 2003 auto-setup for the users. In Outlook 2000 I could simply setup the profile up without a username and then make that profile available to them. When they logged in and acquired a copy of the profile, the missing username field in Outlook, auto-populated with...

1 Cell 2 Values?
Hello All, Is it possible in excel to have it return two values in one cell separated by a comma and spaces? For example I want it to count the number of times in a month the value was positive and the number of times a value was negative and in the cell I want it to show A1: +, - Is this possible? Thanks to all, Shhhh Shhhh wrote... >Is it possible in excel to have it return two values in one cell separated >by a comma and spaces? > >For example I want it to count the number of times in a month the value was >positive and the number of times a value was negative a...

Some wat to change Outlook's importing rules for contacts?
When I import files to Outlook's contacts, the "File As" seems to default to the Name. This is fine when there is no Company, but when there is a Name and a Company I'd rather have the "File As" default to the Company. Is there any way to make this happen without (as I have been doing) manually going through the contacts and editing them? ...

Convert 2000 Calendar to web page