Converting from AOL to Outlook

Is there an efficient way for me to convert my AOL address book over to
Outlook?

Before I buy Outlook, I want to be sure I cam make the conversion without
loosing the large address book I have on AOL.

0
Clader (1)

"Herb Clader" <Herb Clader@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Is there an efficient way for me to convert my AOL address book over to
> Outlook?
>
> Before I buy Outlook, I want to be sure I cam make the conversion without
> loosing the large address book I have on AOL.

AOL's help pages should contain that informaiton.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16051)
12/19/2008 1:17:19 PM
Herb Clader <Herb> wrote:
> Is there an efficient way for me to convert my AOL address book over to
> Outlook?

http://aolsync.aol.com
0
adamb (125)

Slow pasting from Outlook 2002
Recently I have encountered a problem with Outlook 2002 that I have been unable to resolve. Outlook 2002 (10.6856.6858) SP3 is installed on Windows XP (5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600) Whenever I copy text to the clipboard from a contact, appointment, or other form in Outlook, pasting that text into any OTHER application is extremely slow. Task Manager shows that Outlook takes most of the processor cycles for several seconds beginning when I execute the Paste command, and ending when the text appears in the receiving application. I have not observed any comparable sl...

Convert Week number into Month
I have a worksheet with values for year and week number. I need to convert these to the descriptive month name. Some weeks cross month ends, but this is okay, I just need a single value for each record. It could be the month of the first day of each week number. Using Excel 2003. Thanks for your ideas. On Thu, 27 May 2010 17:00:01 -0700, KT <KT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a worksheet with values for year and week number. I need to convert >these to the descriptive month name. Some weeks cross month ends, but this >is okay, I just need a sin...

Converting from Outlook Express to Netscape
How do I convert from Outlook Epress 6.0 to Netscape 4.79? I need to get all my messages and folders from Outlook to Netscape. Please Help "Todd Richard" <Trichard@fruit.com> wrote in message news:0f8f01c3a932$b232d2c0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > How do I convert from Outlook Epress 6.0 to Netscape > 4.79? I need to get all my messages and folders from > Outlook to Netscape. Please Help In Netscape, File-Import (I think)...... Why 4.79 for goodness' sake? 7.1 is HUGELY better....... When I try to do import Netscape ask for a .mbx file that I cannot find on my...

Convert general to Time
Here is my data- i need to convert it to time format.. Any help would be appreciated 1:00:05 PM 1:00:10 PM 1:00:17 PM 1:00:37 PM 1:00:44 PM 1:00:47 PM 1:00:50 PM 1:00:55 PM 1:00:57 PM -- Let go, Elevate your life Brent Hauver www.sagehealthstore.com Select your range and Edit|replace what: : (colon) with: : (colon) replace all Format it as you like. Brent Hauver wrote: > > Here is my data- i need to convert it to time format.. Any help would be > appreciated > > 1:00:05 PM > 1:00:10 PM > ...

Outlook 2003 tasks
Ok I have a very weird problem with our CEO's task lists. He uses tasks big time, and all of a sudden, SOME tasks have due dates and start dates of 2156 and 2455; YES, this is the year. The computers date time are correct. anybody ever see this happen before? AL no. That is weird. How does the CEO set the dates? Did they import Tasks from anywhere (Project, OneNote etc) Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook Outlook trainer and author of Productiv_IT with Outlook www.acorntraining.com.au Canberra, Australia "I not only use all the brains I have, but all I can borrow." (Woodrow Wi...

Outlook Forms #13
Hi There I have created a form in outlook with a number of option boxes. My plan is to send this form to people that I have completed work for and they click the option boxes to mark how well they think I did the work. At the moment the form works fine but when the email is sent back to me all the option boxes are reset to blank. Can anyone tell me why this is happening? I am using Outlook 98. Any help would be greatfully appreciated Thanks in advance Jamie See my response to your other post on this issue. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming...

Out of Office Assistant in Outlook 2000 . . .
I want to run the Out of Office Assistant in Outlook 2000. Outlook tells me to go to Tools and then to Out of Office Assistant, but there is no such option. Does anyone have any ideas on how to send an automated Out of Office message from Outlook 2000? I was just looking for this myself this morning. I am running into the same problem, and have searched for a fix and have'nt been able to find one. If you happen to get an answer from someone, would you please forward it to my email? Thanks! >-----Original Message----- >I want to run the Out of Office Assistant in Outlook ...

SFO Error
We are just testing SFO on 2 clients at the moment - the first is WinXP with Office XP (2002) and the second is WinXP and Office 2003. On the 2003 machine whenever we try to save a new an when offline we get "An error has occurred. Please contact your system administrator". We have installed the SFO Rollup hotfixes and tried resetting the Forms Cache. Any ideas ? Is Outlook 2003 supported ? Thanks Ian ...

New emails not showing in outlook XP
Hi I have a user who's emails aren't automatically showing in his inbox until he clicks on another folder first?? Does anyone know a workaround for this? Thanks Andy Andy Derbyshire <derbs1978@hotmail.com> wrote: > I have a user who's emails aren't automatically showing in his inbox > until he clicks on another folder first?? Does anyone know a > workaround for this? Type of account? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] Hi Brian It's just a general Windows 2000 account created in Active Directory on a Windows 2000 server?? Thanks Andy "Brian T...

Automatic Delete of Messages in Outlook 2007?
Is there a setting to automatically delete messages after X number of days in Outlook 2007? Thanks much. evtide@gmail.com <evtide@gmail.com> wrote: > Is there a setting to automatically delete messages after X number of > days in Outlook 2007? Thanks much. Open Help and enter "autoarchive" -- Brian Tillman ...

How do I turn off email headers in Outlook 2003
I am trying to turn off email headers on a system that is running Outlook 2003. A 3 line email is turning into a 2 page email with all the headers..(ie received by to the Received from etc etc etc). Any help is greatly appreciated.. Are you referring to the quoted To/From/Date/Subject fields or to entire message header including all the IP addresses, server names, etc...? In case of the last; Outlook doesn't do this. Is this happening when replying to the message or when receiving it? Assuming the last, do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Ou...

Is there an easy way to convert a contact an account?
I just stated configuring CRM 1.2. I imported my contacts from outlook. Many of the Outlook contacts are actually the information I want for an account including the company name, address, main phone number, corporate website and email address. I have been manually creating an account record, and cutting and pasting the address and other information from the most complete contact for the company. This seems to be something that I should be able to do by just pushing a button, or running an import? Bill Walter If you import them as leads, then you can convert them to accounts. Mike &quo...

Convert text to text
Hi, I have a list of funds from 2 different companies. I have to manully type in one list, different order everyday and out of 25 about 15 are present. Need help with how to fill in formula do get that automated? Any link or article will do. Not clear from your description what you have and what you need. We know you have a list of funds. What and where are you typing? What do you mean by 15 out of 25 are present? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 23 Nov 2010 12:10:26 -0800 (PST), BetaDocuments <betadocuments@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I have a list of funds from ...

Outlook hangs up on startup time and time again
Because I get getting messages about my copy of Outlook being no longer supported I purchased a separate copy of Outlook 2007 and after installing it several times, it still hangs up and requires me to cancel and reboot the program time and time again. Even then some of the functions of the program ie search hangs up and after ten to twenty reboots I give up in frustration. Is anyone else having this issue and have they found a solution? Did you uninstall the other version, or was this a 2007 version that was determined to be non-genuine? Perhaps you may provide more informat...

Outlook 2010 calendar sharing not working
I am having problems with the outlook 2010 calendar sharing. When trying to access my shared calendar via the web site it doesnt even attempt to show my calendar, instead it shows this page: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA103887591033.aspx I have tried re publishing but doesnt work? Anyone else have similar problem? Thanks Nathan "Rascals Castles" <Rascals Castles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:56031234-C926-4F23-98C9-007EAEEDC2A5@microsoft.com... >I am having problems with the outlook 2010 calendar sharing. Th...

Deleted Items Folder in Outlook
Using Outlook from Office XP. When messages are deleted from inbox...they go to the deleted items folder. When the deleted items folder is opened, there is nothing in the folder (yet the folder name may show that there are unread messages in the folder). Any ideas how to see the items in the folder? Sometimes I would like to get the message back... Click View | Current View and make sure it's set to Messages and not to some other view that may have a filter on it. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please r...

Outlook Auto Refresh problem
I'm a PC support tech and have just recently run into 4 users who have problems with their Outlook constantly refreshing, and not allowing them to do anything. The user sees the mouse constantly changing from regular pointer to hour glass every second; everytime they select another folder or subfolder, they get refreshed back to the top of the folder tree. Deleting and recreating the email profile seems to fix this for awhile, but it comes back. It also has spread over to Word and Word documents. I was just wondering if anyone has heard of this problem or knows of anything that can be ...

Convert XSD Dataset Schema Designer for other tools
Hello, Printing a Dataset Schema Designer view is painfull. I got only bad result. I would like to know if there are applications that can open Dataset Schema Designer 's files ? Or is there some converter of that files to open them in another tool ? For example, do you know a XSLT to convert XSD to "DB Designer 4" xml format ? More generally, How do you design Dataset schema, generate code and make human readable reports ? Thanks for your experiences, cyrille ...

Outlook inserts my name during editing
On a "Reply" email, Outlook suddenly inserts my name in brackets when I hit the Enter Key, whenever I am editing an error I have made in the text of my email. Does anybody know how to stop this? Thanks. ann Post your Outlook version and the editor you are using. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "annmw" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02bc01c3cb87$e6b7bb10$a601280a@phx.gbl... > On a "Reply" email, Outlook suddenly inserts my name in > brackets when I hit the Enter Key, whenever I am editing > an error I have made in...

Outlook 2003 Advance Find
I got this error message when searching PST: "Outlook cannot perform your search. Outlook cannot display this view. A folder by this name already exists" /cleanfinds doesn't help Any idea? TR ...

Sharing a calendar in XP w/Outlook?
Hi! :o) There are 3 of us in our office on XP using Outlook and we want to share our calendars. Is there an EASY way to do this. We all share a printer and Internet connection and we can see each others computers on "network places" but we DON'T have a server , just our PC's. We want to be able to share one calendar. Thank you! :o) See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm news.verizon.net wrote: > Hi! :o) > > There are 3 of us in our office on XP using Outlook and we want to > share our calendars. > > Is there an EASY way to do this. We all s...

Microsoft Office Outlook and newsgroup support
Why, oh why can't we get Outlook with a newsgroup reader? I found on the Web, that there is a download for adding newsgroup support, but the cost is quite high. So, why then can you get Outlook Express, or as in my case, Microsoft Live Mail, which are free programs from MS, with newsgroup access? It seems funny to me that Outlook, bundled with Office makes you pay additional money just to add this feature. It just doesn't make sense. You can use ANY FREE newsreader you want. Nobody is making you pay anything. Tom C wrote: > Why, oh why can't we get Out...

mysterious outlook web access problem
we have one user on an xp laptop who uses outlook web access remotely on regular basis. After about the 3rd or 4th OWA session, the mailbox can't be accessed from the login screen, and the world wide web publishing service on the OWA server has to be restarted to fix the problem. No other user accounts cause this problem. The user account in question has a network username and email prefix that are slightly different. All other users on the network have email prefixes and network usernames that are exactly the same. Could this be causing the problem? the network consists of a winNT 4.0...

Converting Business Card in Publisher to V-Card in Outlook
How can I make this happen? thanks Jan Why not create it in Outlook? http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/results.aspx?qu=electronic+card&sc=4&av=TPL -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Jan Ferris" <Jan Ferris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EE01E5B0-FC65-4BF8-AE70-805B44ED6968@microsoft.com... > How can I make this happen? > thanks > Jan Since I am novice level, I can't figure out how to import artwork and place it exactly as I want it. "Mary Sau...

Outlook Express #262
When you want to see that you have just received mail down at the right hand corner of your screen. How do you adjust this or how does this happen. What do you need to do? Janet <janet.chavez@airliquide.com> wrote: > When you want to see that you have just received mail down > at the right hand corner of your screen. How do you > adjust this or how does this happen. What do you need to > do? Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...