Converting email from outlook express to outlook 2003

I recently purchased microsoft office professional
edition 2003 with outlook 2003.  I previously had outlook
express.  My email is still going to outlook express.
How do I get it to go to outlook 2003?
0
anonymous (74721)

Tony <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I recently purchased microsoft office professional
> edition 2003 with outlook 2003.  I previously had outlook
> express.  My email is still going to outlook express.
> How do I get it to go to outlook 2003?

Set up Outlook.  Create your account so that its properties match the
account in OE.  Then, open your Internet Options "Programs" tab and make the
"E-mail" tab Outlook.
--
Brian Tillman

0
Tillmabg (988)
4/30/2004 5:52:19 PM
"Tony" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I recently purchased microsoft office professional
> edition 2003 with outlook 2003.  I previously had outlook
> express.  My email is still going to outlook express.
> How do I get it to go to outlook 2003?

It's only going to OE because you open it!

0
me6 (309)

Sending email #12
I have just installed Broadband from BT. I can no longer send email via Outlook express 6. I can receive but canno t send. The error is 0x800CCC0E Can anybody assist please ...

How to Convert UTC to localTIme(C# )

CAN'T SEND EMAIL IN OUTLOOK #2
I downloaded some updates from microsoft and, if I open a site and click on "file" then 'send to", instead of the "send" button, I get a message "email blocked because of attachment". How can I get rid of OUTLOOK so that I can just use my simple OE6? Simple, you stop using outlook and set up / configure OE To be doubly sure you can uninstall OL "XJS FAN" <XJSFAN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E4F862BA-FFFC-4B41-A59B-2BDDA895B9B6@microsoft.com... >I downloaded some updates from microsoft and, if I open a site and...

how to convert date

URGENT
I am not an advanced user of Outlook 2003 and need to send out mass email messages of the same letter. I have created an email-merge data which works fine up to that point, but having problems sending to the CC: and BCC: fields. How do I add a CC: or BCC: Reciepient to my mass email-merge letter. I've already created the data containing all email reciepients. However, I also need to add a CC: and BCC: to my bosses. But when I did a test it only went out to the reciepients and no CC or BCC; was included. Plus, when click on merge- email... the messages went out automatically with...

Convert text to time value

Can no longer send links or pages via email from IE
Hi all, I have tried to find information about a problem that has recently manifested itself on my XP Pro machine but either my googling skills are failing me or I'm just using the wrong search terms. When I File ... Send .... Link by email from IE 6, Outlook no longer constructs an email with a link but creates an attachment with names like att13B.tmp which I, possibly incorrectly, regard as useless. I have the same issue with 'page by email'. Does anyone know what causes this problem and if there's a fix ? I'm running Outlook 2002 SP3. I apologise if this is an Int...

Scheduled mail with outlook
Can outlook 2003 sent out a specific email every week on a specific time? shon <nomail@isp.nl> wrote: > Can outlook 2003 sent out a specific email every week on a specific > time? Yes, with some scripting. See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/forms/skedrpt.htm -- Brian Tillman ...

Cannot locate Outlook
I cannot locate "Outlook" anywhere. I'm using Vista and have a registered Home and Student 2007. Outlook was there a few days ago, not now. I use Vista and IE & OE. A friend asked for help with Outlook. I opened it a few days ago to look it over. Yesterday I could not find it in the Office suite drop down list or anywhere. Where do I find it? -- richard "Richard" <richard1@nospam.net> wrote in message news:3AC644E7-15ED-445C-B63B-307D46EA60AF@microsoft.com... > I cannot locate "Outlook" anywhere. I'm using Vista and have a re...

can not add email in SBS 2003
I am having a similar problem to one mentioned earlier. Just today I went to add a new employee email account into our system running SBS 2003. I do it through the active directory app as usual. The user creates just fine, but does not create the exchange mailbox or email address... I have extensively looked into the RUS stuff all that aprears ok and there are no errors in the event viewer. anyone have ideas? i need to get this resolved quickly. thanks, saul Check your event logs - do you see any 8331 errors in the Application log? If so, there's a hotfix available from MS, ...

Outlook does not Open!
Outlook takes a while to open then quits after error message. Same is happening with Internet @ MSN Explorer. Version of Outlook? Exact error message? Anything else relevant to this you would like to share? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Sal" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:26dfa01c4630d$a40e9400$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Outlook takes a while to open then quits after error > message. Same is happening with Inter...

Outlook 2007 Voice Access
Hello, Exchange 2007 SP1, Outlook 2007 SP2. We disabled the functionnality of Outlook Voice Access (OVA) to play e- mail messages on the phone - and limited it only to listen to voice messages. But we just noticed that when you disable this e-mail reading feature, OVA does not tell you how many NEW voice messages you have in your mailbox (they have not been read in Outlook and are still marked as unread). You can however continue and listen to them. So for me the TUIAccessToEmailEnabled PowerShell command set to $false also prevents knowing how many NEW voice messages we have...

Excel: Auto converting text to numbers

Some wat to change Outlook's importing rules for contacts?
When I import files to Outlook's contacts, the "File As" seems to default to the Name. This is fine when there is no Company, but when there is a Name and a Company I'd rather have the "File As" default to the Company. Is there any way to make this happen without (as I have been doing) manually going through the contacts and editing them? ...

Unintended field "expression 1006" in the query grids
Hello, When I open my query, there is an unintended field "Expr 1006". I do not know why is this automatically created. Anyone tells me, why this happened. -- H. Frank Situmorang Hi Frank this usually means that you put the same field into the query twice. Jeanette Cunningham "Frank Situmorang" <hfsitumo2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:2CF86F30-0E4D-499B-9FE0-D62BF450BC57@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > When I open my query, there is an unintended field "Expr 1006". I do not > know why is this automatically created. Anyone tells me, w...

How To Pre-Define Username Settings For Outlook 2003 Client In Roaming Profiles
I have a generic default user profile that is setup for our organization and lives in the netlogon share. Whenever I make changes to the roaming profiles I delete the users profiles and they get a new copy of the default user profile to call their own when they next log on. My problem is that I cannot figure out how to have Outlook 2003 auto-setup for the users. In Outlook 2000 I could simply setup the profile up without a username and then make that profile available to them. When they logged in and acquired a copy of the profile, the missing username field in Outlook, auto-populated with...

Color Coding Email Listings
Hi All, Without using the Followup function. Is there a way to color code the email listings. Mac's are good for this, and Eudors on PC. I may want to highlight an email with color codes... and the entire listing being highlighted is a better visual then the followup flag. And these items really aren't being highlighted for followup.. just for more important future reference. Thanks -Dave Dave Bar <d@d.com> wrote: > Without using the Followup function. > Is there a way to color code the email listings. See if these help: http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/colore...

Moving from 2 domain controllers to 1 with exchange 2003 in the m
Help!! I would like to demote one domain controller of two leaving me with only one domain controller. The problem is i have Exchange 2003 in the domain which is not necessarily a problem. I am concerned that by demoting the backup domain server that there will be a problem with connectivity with exchange. Does anyone have any suggestions or solutions? Please let me know. Note: the primary domain controller does the Global cataloging and config so this should be not problem right? Hi Rox, AD doesn't really have PDC and BDC like earlier versions of windows. You can certainly dem...

error in outlook
I was wondering if any body is had an issue with oulook regarding the following error "OUTLOOK IS OUT OF SYSTEM RESOURCES", following by a Dr. Watson error. Dr. Watson error OUTLOOK.exe Exception: access violation (0x0000005), Address: 0x04c9bb30 The system is a NT box with 10GB HD, 128MB RAM and 433MHz cpu. This error ocurrs evey now and then it is not constantly happning. Usually is whil working in outlook. I hope some-one can help me. Thanks ...

my pictures in my email newsletter will not show up when i send i
I am trying to send a email newsletter but when i send it the embedded pictures( i got them from clipart) will not show up. Just a little symbol and numbers. please help Generally if your recipients do not have HTML email enabled the pictures will arrive as attachments. Your best solution is to send your newsletter as a PDF. There are free converters around. www.primopdf.com has been recommended here. Create and send e-mail publications by using Publisher http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HA102200511033.aspx?pid=CH100502571033 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.c...

Convert Access97 to 2000

Outlook shutdown problem #2
Outlook hangs up when I shut it down. I can not restart it unless I use the task manager to abort it. I use microsoft exchange server. I ran scan OST and scan PST to fix all the problems - Still hangs up. Sailor <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Outlook hangs up when I shut it down. I can not restart > it unless I use the task manager to abort it. > > I use microsoft exchange server. I ran scan OST and scan > PST to fix all the problems - Still hangs up. http://www.howto-outlook.com/Faq/outlookdoesntclose.htm -- Brian Tillman ...

restore junk email folder
How do I restore the junk email folder - it was accidentally deleted rather than emptied and no longer functions even though I recreated it. kacee wrote: > How do I restore the junk email folder - it was accidentally deleted rather > than emptied and no longer functions even though I recreated it. Right-clicking on *Outlook's* Junk folder has the Delete option disabled. It is one of the integral folders included when a new mail profile is created. It cannot be deleted (except perhaps with a corrupted profile). I suspect you deleted some other junk folder that your an...