Convert to Outlook 2003

We are receiving new pc's which have Windows XP and
Office 2003.

Users vary on operating systems and Office Versions.

What are the correct step to bring over there pst files?
Or maybe we shouldn't. But I need to know what the steps
are to install there Old
Messages/Folders/Contacts/Tasks/Calendar Items etc. from
old pc(various Outlook versions 2000 prior) to new pc
which now have Outlook 2003.  I have tried a couple of
ways but I keep getting a duplicate personal folder which
is also active. (Example if they get a new mail message
it goes to both inboxes in both personal folders)

I know this should be simple but it is very frustrating.
0
anonymous (74717)

You can either use the old PST file -

(set up the profile in Outlook, close Outlook, search for outlook.pst and
ensure you're searching hidden/system folders, rename it old.pst, open
Outlook and point it at the "real" pst file, wherever you put it - might
want to rename it username.pst to be sure you know which file it is later)

Or, if you want to take advantage of the larger file size on PSTs in OL2003,
let it create the new PST file and import from the old one.

Gladys wrote:
> We are receiving new pc's which have Windows XP and
> Office 2003.
>
> Users vary on operating systems and Office Versions.
>
> What are the correct step to bring over there pst files?
> Or maybe we shouldn't. But I need to know what the steps
> are to install there Old
> Messages/Folders/Contacts/Tasks/Calendar Items etc. from
> old pc(various Outlook versions 2000 prior) to new pc
> which now have Outlook 2003.  I have tried a couple of
> ways but I keep getting a duplicate personal folder which
> is also active. (Example if they get a new mail message
> it goes to both inboxes in both personal folders)
>
> I know this should be simple but it is very frustrating.

0
lanwench (7567)