Continual Cannot Connect to Server errors

Outlook 2000 works fine for anywhere from 30 minutes to 2
hours, then suddenly stops connecting to the server.
Closing and reopening Outlook solves the problem. I've
done KB820672 and the problem isn't with the server - this
actually happens with two different servers/mail accounts.
Both accounts work perfectly in OE6.0 (which I also use
and have open at the same time, although I don't have the
same account on both).

I have all the critical updates for Office, WinME, IE, etc.

Thanks,
0
anonymous (74721)

Error synchronizing folder
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C5F002.6CA60E70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I'm having a syncronization problem. Every few seconds, in my Sync = Issues folder, i get this: 7:46:27 Error synchronizing folder 7:46:27 [80040119-501-80040119-560] 7:46:27 The client operation failed. 7:46:27 Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store 7:46:27 For more information on this failure, click the URL below: 7:46:27 = http://www.microsoft.com/support/prodredirect/outlook2000_us.asp...

Can't suppress "Server Busy" dialog
Hi, there are about 1.000 newsgroup postings about that "Server busy" notification window, which appears when calling CoCreateInstance. I think that I did everything correctly, but I can't get it working. I have the following call: hr = CoCreateInstance(CLSID_ScilApiClass, NULL, CLSCTX_SERVER, IID_IScilApiClass, (void**)&m_pScilApiClass); The component is a DCOM hosted on a different server. I have a client/server application and the above code is part of a function which gets called every 10 seconds to check whether the connection is still there. If I unplug the n...

removing exchange 5.5 from administrative exchange 2000 group when 5.5 server is not available
Hi Group, I need to remove a no longer existing 5.5 Exchange from a exchange 2000 administrative group. a.f.a.i.k. this can only be done when the 5.5 server is available. is there aworkaround? as i had to learn, moving the exchange 2000 server to newer hardware (disasterrecovery) or installing a second exchange 2000 server is not possible. the installation process tries to contact the 5.5 exchange server. Can you help? Thanks Georg you should try adsi to delete 5.5 object in AD "kidlark" <kidlark@kidlark.de> wrote in message news:1168319956.899788.145860@42g2000cwt....

Restoring Public Folders to a different Exchange Server usting NTB
A customer has an exchange server and I use NTBackup to back it up every night - full backup on Wednesdays, incrementals every other night. Someone deleted a Public Folder and wanted it recovered. I discovered the "Tools | Recover Deleted Items..." in MS Outlook too late to be of use. (It's a long story) So here is what I did. Late at night, when no one was using the server, I backed up the Public Folders and then restored the Public Folders from the backup just prior to the folder deletion. My intent was to copy the information from the deleted folder to another mailbox, ...

crm3.0 on multiple servers (nlb)
hi, i read that for the second instance of crm is required a different licence code, the product key could be the same? is really required for a "developer" test system? regards, Clod If you are talking about having a separate test/dev enviroment then you will need to license this using MSDN subscription. If you are adding a new server to a web farm and using Network Load Balancing then you will need a second MSCRM Server license to run CRM Application server. HTH's -- Rgds Michael MCDBA 2000 | MCITP DBA 2005 http://www.mscrmschool.co.uk "clod" wrote: >...

Bizarre Excel "Read Only" error
Help have a weird Excel / networking issue that I need a hand with. The Network: 1 x G5 iMac 10.3.8, running Office 2004 with latest patches sharing the contents of its "documents" folder. Connected via AirPort to an Airport Extreme base station. 1 x G4 iMac 10.2.8 and Office 2004 with latest patches connected via Ethernet to the Airport Extreme base station. 2 x G4 iBooks (both 10.3.8 and Office 2004 with latest patches) connected via AirPort to the AirPort Extreme base station. The G4 iMac and the iBooks connect to the G5 as the owner so permissions should not be an issue. ...

Turning Off Error Reporting using API Functions and VB
We want to automatically turn off the error reporting options using Windows API functions for the following functions area Click on Start, Settings, Control Panel, System, the Advanced tab and Error Reporting (at the bottom of the screen), which launches the Error Reporting screen. Another way to get to that screen: Open My Computer, right-click on Properties, click on Advanced tab and Error Reporting. Any assistance would be welcome. It's not a program's call. It's the user's decision. --=20 -------------------------------------------------------------------------= --...

mail error
we have SBS 2003 premium and crm 3.0 that comes from upgrade 1.2 workinng fine,without errors. Email works fine in 1.2 trought pop3 conector, messages goes into and out to crm perfectly by pop3 connector and smtp. Now, after upgrade 1.2 to 3.0, we can send emails but don't arrive into crm. we make this configurations: -- users still having attribute "CRMMailEnabled.." on Adirectory -- recipient crmmail@midominio.es with administrator rights for use as "mail router to crm" -- we apply "rules deploy assistant " to all users.... spanish: tenemos SBS 2003 pr...

Problems Opening Notebooks from Server 2008 Folder Share
I have asked before with no solution, and searched and searched, and am perplexed so I thought I would pose my question and summarize again. Our office uses ON extensively so this is very important to us. A summary of the issue: 1. All notebooks were saved on a SBS 2003 server share for a few years and all worked great! 2. We moved to a new Server 2008 server, and copied all notebooks to a share on the new server. 3. Now, if we try to open the notebook from a drive mapped to the server share, we get an error requesting a password but can't enter a password, and can't...

Scroll problem on Continuous Form
Hi I have a continuous form, which design with Header, Detail and Footer. When the number of records are many, where the Detail area cannot display all of them, I can navigate the records on Detail by both "Vertical Scroll Bar" and "Mouse Wheel". My problem is under the situation, when the number of records are less, where there is an empty area on Detail. In this situation, when I use the mouse wheel to scroll down, the first record will disappear, but when I scroll up, the first record cannot be gotten back. I have to use the arrow on vertical scroll bar to get i...

MS CRM Redeployment Wizard
When importing the mapping xml files an error occurred: "An error occurred during mapping the computer accounts - the mapping failed" 09/16/2005 02:32:40 This computer's DN = CN=SERVER1,OU=Domain Controllers,DC=ClientORG,DC=local, GUID = {17427c3d-fe59-46d3-b28f-6c1d7ec4aa28}, SID = S-1-5-21-2811433622-801027495-562083374-1007 09/16/2005 02:32:40 ERROR: attempt to reuse name CN=SERVER1,OU=Domain Controllers,DC=ClientORG,DC=local 09/16/2005 02:32:40 Exception of type System.Exception was thrown. 09/16/2005 02:32:40 SDTransform 09/16/2005 02:32:40 An error occurred during the...

Formula syntax error
Hi guys, Firstly my thanks go out to those who sort out the problems of us minions. I've learnt so much from these posts that I never thought possible - keep up the good work guys... I have a pretty good knowledge of Excel - years of experience with different releases, but have never come across this situation before. I have a a John Walkenbach termed 'megaformula' that contains ISERR, IF, SEARCH, AND, OR, ISNA, VLOOKUP, LEFT & MID functions. Having got it to work I opted to use copy and paste to automate it's use in a report, rather than mess around with converting...

RDP incoming not working on Server 2003
I have a server running Server 2003 Standard which has been running just fine for some time but this week a new problem has arisen. I cannot establish an RDP session with it, no remote system on its subnet can even make an initial RDP connection at all. On the server itself, I can RDP out to any PC on the subnet with no problem. I've also looked all through the Event Logs and there are no errors at all that have anything to do with this or at the times I've tried to connect from a remote PC. I checked over and over to make sure Remote Connections are allowed in My ...

Mailbox creation error
Post SP2 I am having 8213, 8231 and failure to create user mailbox in ADC&U. Error xml below: Any ideas. Facing reinstall as last option. --------- <?xml version="1.0" encoding="unicode" ?> - <taskWizardRun taskName="Create Mailbox" dcName="PHOBOS" buildNumber="7638" runningAs="rgadmin@rfdhq.rfdinc.com"> <timespan startTime="2005-12-05 12:30:27.108" milliseconds="77844" /> - <createMailbox> <database>/dc=com/dc=rfdinc/dc=rfdhq/cn=Configuration/cn=Services/cn=Microsoft Exc...

Need Error Number
Hi everyone! Using A02 on XP. Need to know what the error number is for this message: "The changes you requested to the table were not successful because they would create duplicate values in the index, primary key, or relationship. Change the data in the field or fields that contain duplicate data, remove the indes, or redefine the index to permit duplicat entries and try again." I need to show a specific message instead of that one. Is there a directory for errors? How do I find a list? Thanks in advance for any help or advice! -- Bonnie W. Anderson Cincinnati, OH ...

SQL Server 2005 Newbie
Just installed SQL server 2005 on my Windows 2003 Server On my windows XP Pro SP3 workstation I have SQL 2000 running I was trying to connect via Enterprise Manager to the new SQL 2005 server Will not connect becasuse of user id also it says make sure you have the correct protocol enabled using name space and TCP/IP Any ideas on what I am doing wrong Thanks Tom If I remember correctly, you cannot connect to either SQL-Server 2005 or 2008 with the Enterprise Manager; you must use the SQL-Server Management Studio (SSMS). -- Sylvain Lafontaine, ing. MVP - Wind...

Send Receive Error #5
6:00 PM 10/8/2007 Microsoft Outlook 2003 stopped sending email. After I choose to send messages from the menu, the program attempts to send a message for � 30 seconds; then I get an error message:"Send Receive Error -- Click Here for Details". Then the error message disappears after about � second -- I cannot get details. How can I fix Outlook? Thank you, Barry Karas P.S. I have Windows XP with SP2. ...

Cannot Connect To Exchange Server
Running XP and Outlook 2003. Out of 35 desktops, two desktops cannot connect to the Exchange Server which were previously connected. I've ruled out the user accounts since I can set them up on different computers and connect without any issues. I cannot connect new users on the machines and deleting the profile didn't work either. I've also installed all updates. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Kansas Maybe best to repost this to the Exchange newsgroup for a more comprehensive answer On the web: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/lis...

TimeSheet transactions posting error
We are using Business Portal to enter Time Sheet transactions and PDK to transfer them to Great Plains. When we post the TS transactions in Great Plains, the Payroll Batch is selected. After this, the progress of the posting process remains in 1% and never ends. Why is this happening, all batches have the same problem. Please, any suggestions , we need help.... There is a hotfix for that issue, search for article #892995 in the knowledgebase. >-----Original Message----- >We are using Business Portal to enter Time Sheet transactions and PDK to >transfer them to Great Pla...

SMTP error message #3
Can someone give me more information on what could be the problem when getting the below error message; Ther was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <X.x.com #5.5.0 smtp;554 Transaction Failed Spam Message not queued.> Jay wrote: > Can someone give me more information on what could be the problem when > getting the below error message; > > Ther was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. > Please contact your system administrator. > <X.x.com #5.5.0 smtp;554 ...

CRM SQL Error 09-20-07
Should an error like this show up in the event log, does it show up anywhere else? I can't find this error any place on the server and can't find anything around the internet about it. I was able to find out some info on WRPC, so I am pretty sure that this has to do with the screen security timing out. I am not asking to have this fixed, just trying to figure out how I can get more information on an error when it happens. SQL Page error: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/Jeembo/SQLError.png Thanks, Jim Look at the last question on this page: http://www.microsoft.com/dynamic...

Business Management Error in Outlook CRM
We are receiving the following error after going offline in Outlook CRM: "Business Management Error: “The user ID associated with the current record is not valid.” After receiving this error ALL of Outlook CRM becomes disabled. ...

Error by using the re-deployment tools
Hi, I am redeploying an old CRM instance on a new AD. I am using the Redeployment Tool offered by Microsoft. I have successfully extracted the settings using the Export Wizard. However, when I run the Redeployment Wizard, I receive the following error: 10/15/2004 03:12:08 Database updated succesfully, row count is 36 10/15/2004 03:12:08 Backup BusinessUnitBase table. 10/15/2004 03:12:09 Die Anweisung wurde beendet. Die Anweisung wurde beendet. INITCOLVS: Der nickname-Parameter ist ungültig. 10/15/2004 03:12:09 Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server 10/15/2004 03:12:14 Import end...

windows server per server cal
there is a doc [see link] http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2008/en/us/client-licensing.aspx describing "per user/device mode" licence versus "per server mode" licence for client access for win 2008 it means, having large number of clients that infreqiuently access some win 2008 server, they don't need to have all of them user/device cal, but there may be a *small* number of cals installed as per/server directly on the server, allowing the simultaneous acces of that small number of clients. of course, it is distinguished from server's licence itse...

Error/Information message on shutdown
Keep getting the following message in a Microsoft Visual Basic window on Outlook 2002 shutdown: "The macros in this project are disabled. Please refer to the online help or documentation of the host application to determine how to enable macros. OK HELP" I've looked at macros under tools menu and have the low setting checked. I have not introduced macros to outlook that I'm aware of. I've checked help and the online knowledge database but can't seem to find the solution to this problem - any help would be greatly appreciated - Thanks. ...