Howdy,

I'm using Outlook 2k3 and having a slight problem.  WHen I view my Contact
list in the main view, I have two sets (not sure why but I'll be combining
them).  These lists have standard name, email, etc.

Problem is when I go to create a new email message and click the TO: button,
it tries to look for my Personal Address Book which I don't have.  How can I
make it not use the PAB and use the Contacts list instead?

Thanks.
0
MrB (78)

OK, I think I just stumbled on the issue.  For some reason on my COntacts
Properties, the check box to tell Outlook to use that in the Address Book
wasn't checked by default.

Seems to be working now.

"Mr B" wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> I'm using Outlook 2k3 and having a slight problem.  WHen I view my Contact
> list in the main view, I have two sets (not sure why but I'll be combining
> them).  These lists have standard name, email, etc.
>
> Problem is when I go to create a new email message and click the TO: button,
> it tries to look for my Personal Address Book which I don't have.  How can I
> make it not use the PAB and use the Contacts list instead?
>
> Thanks.
0
MrB (78)

Count books with start and end numbers
How do I count a series of books with start and end book numbers? I have a query, qryBooks, that has a box number and a start and end value for a series of books (100000 - 100010) 11 books. How do I get a query to count the books in the series and return a total to me? -- Thanks As Always Rip DCount("*", "tableNameHere", "BookSerialNumber BETWEEN FORMS!formName!StartingSerialNumber AND FORMS!formName!EndingSerialNumber" ) Hoping it may help, Vanderghast, Access MVP "Ripper" <Ripper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7FDD1...

Contacts work for Accounts not contacts
Is there a way to limit the Parent Customer field on the Contact form so that it only allows Accounts to be chosen? We don't want the capability to allow Contacts to have Sub-Contacts - but it does not seem possible to hide the Sub-Contacts item in the contacts form left hand menu. Helen; Could you create a new custom entity [Companies or something like that] to use instead of Accounts? then create a relationship between Companies and Contacts and have the lookup on the contact form be to the Companies object, rather than Accounts (remove the parent account lookup field from the ...

Millions of contacts in CRM
Hi, I am concerned about the use of MSCRM in a client with a few milliion contact records (around 6 million). I know from my own experience with SQL Server that there is no problem with this database, but I wonder if there is any issu regarding the application ou the application server...? I also read the performance and sizing white papers, but the concern there is related to number of users not record number... I read a post by Jake Horn where he mentions 2 M account records in a client installation with no problem, with replication turned off ( is this just turning off replication i...

Bounced Email
Since upgrading to Exch5.5 Ent. no bounced messages are being returned to original sender. Any ideas what has occured or how to fix? Thanks for your time. Check the IMS properties, and "Internet Mail" tab and click on "Advanced options", see if "Automatic replies to Internet" are disabled? If enabled, uncheck the box and restart the IMS service. -- Omer Enterprise Messaging Support Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. &...

Corrupt Personal Folder file
If a personal folder (.pst) file has become corrupted, is it possible to retreive all the data from that file into a new personal folder file? >If a personal folder (.pst) file has become corrupted, is >it possible to retreive all the data from that file into a >new personal folder file? The Inbox Repair Tool (scanpst.exe) will be able to recover some or even most of it, but most likely not all of it. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.com is the domain. I don't speak for Sm...

Import Contact as AD contacts
Is there a way to import contacts form an Exchange public folder to Contacts in my active directory under an OU? i.e instaed of creating a new contact in AD and enter all detail I want to import the current details I already have in the Public Folder as contacts thanks Mike On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 11:31:44 +0200, "Michael Greeff" <mikeg452@hotmail.com> wrote: >Is there a way to import contacts form an Exchange public folder to Contacts >in my active directory under an OU? i.e instaed of creating a new contact in >AD and enter all detail I want to import the current de...

outlook 2003 auto email
Is there a possible registry hack to disable/modify the Outlook 2003 security feature? We are needing a way to modify Outlook so that we can increase the time that a program has access to it. No, you can't hack it. Are you using exchange server? If so, use the admin form. For more information on the security features, see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm - the methods you can use to bypass the security features are listed there. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide)...

duplicate personal folders #4
i have 2 complete (and seperate) sets of personal folders. how do i get rid of one of the redundant sets? Thanks. Under tools/ options / mail setup tab there is a data files button. there you will see the data files... you can then choose which data file to remove. >-----Original Message----- >i have 2 complete (and seperate) sets of personal >folders. how do i get rid of one of the redundant sets? >Thanks. >. > ...

Printing out a list of emails
Is there anyway to print out the list of emails, like you see in the standard view of outlook? I would hate to have to take a screen shot of each couple of hours to get the contents of the entire inbox (I actually only need a couple of days). File>print>table style. You can print either the whole list, or just selected messages. HTH Mark "Eugene Taylor" <ewtaylor2001@fake.com> wrote in message news:%23mD6sd92FHA.2800@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Is there anyway to print out the list of emails, like you see in the > standard view of outlook? I would hate to have...

Let's exchange contact info #3
Hi, Goran Thisell here, how are you? I am putting together a contact list of individuals interested in sharing resources and business information. If you are interested in connecting please send your Name and information to: mailto:coghem@telia.com?subject=BUSINESS_CONTACT_NG I will follow up as soon as I get your email. It's not an autoresponder so it might not be right away. I appreciate your patience. I look forward to meeting you. Regards, Goran Thisell coghem@telia.com --- MAF Anti-Spam ID: 20040306105317O0d3ZyV4 ...

Offline Email Tracking Not Working
Hello, We are running with version 4.0. We are using the forward mailbox and email router for every user. If the user has their CRM offline and they send a tracked email, the returned emails are not automatically tracked, even though they have the tracking token in the subject line. Is anyone else experiencing this problem or does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks, Chris ...

How do I email an enitre outlook folder to someone?
I need to email to a friend one of my entire Outlook Folders that I created and can't figure out how to do it. There are so many emails in that it is impossible to email one email at a time from that folder. What can I do? can'tfigureitout wrote: > I need to email to a friend one of my entire Outlook Folders that I created > and can't figure out how to do it. There are so many emails in that it is > impossible to email one email at a time from that folder. > What can I do? So hit Ctrl+A to select all the e-mails in the folder and drag them into your...

OWA
Hi, When my clients create new contacts on their email accounts through OWA why is it they have type the persons name into the search window when they want to add a person or persons to their "to:" field in the message? Why doesn't their contacts show up in the bottom window so they can select one or more? Also when they create Distribution Lists via OWA they are not able to view the lists under Contacts like you can when you are using MS Outlook 2003, also the list doesn't show up when you search for it when creating a new message?? Why is that? Are there work aroun...

Exchange + outlook VS Lotus notes
Hi everybody, I am currently working with an organization which is checking two options for calendar based applications. On this project i'm trying to help the organization decide on whether to choose each of the alternatives where on the Lotus notes, the organization has its own people who are running proof of concepts and so on, and i am running the exchange and outlook application based proof of concepts. Its an organization which has about 2500 clients... As for now i must say, that exchange and outlook appear to be a VERY VERY hard to handle environment. One of the POC processes a...

Add contact to group of appointments
Is it possible to add a contact to a group of appointment brought up in a search? Or does each appointment have to be done individually?. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Robert Bendett;144399 Wrote: > Is it possible to add a contact to a group of appointment brought up in > a search? Or does each appointment have to be done individually?. > Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Each needs done individually. -- Slipstick 'Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center' (http://www.slipstick.com) 'Outlook Tips' (http://www.outlook-t...

Contacts view options
A simple question which I'm sure has been answered before (can't find it on search, mind you)... My Outlook 2003's contacts window is listing all my entries in Last Name, First Name order. How do I swap it so it shows the other way around? Many thanks. Trent SC wrote: > A simple question which I'm sure has been answered before (can't find > it on search, mind you)... > > My Outlook 2003's contacts window is listing all my entries in Last > Name, First Name order. How do I swap it so it shows the other way > around? > Many thanks. Top ...

Validating Email

store emails according to domain name
Hello, I have created some folders (personal, no Exchange connection) to store my several partners' mail messages. I would like to let the mails be automaticly placed into an appropriate folder based on the sender's or receiver's (for sent items) domain name. The point here is I do not want specify exact email address, only the @domain.com format and I want also store there my replyies and emails sent to them. How? Many thanks Ondra. Ondrej Sevecek <ondra at my_surname dot com> wrote: > I have created some folders (personal, no Exchange connection) to > sto...

Formula vs. Constant
Is there a way using excel funtions (not UDF) to find if a cell contains a formula vs. a number (constant). I looked around the forum but did not find anything. I tried using cell function and left function but they return the value in the formula itself. Any help is appreciated. Regards, RK hi you might consider the goto function. press F5. click the special button bottom right. check formula then ok. excel will high light all formulas. you can do the same with constrants. regards FSt1 "rk0909" wrote: > Is there a way using excel funtions (not UDF) to fin...

add contact attribute to contact form
I need to add a new attribute 'introducer' of type contact to the contact form. I can't use the 'parent customer' attribute because I am using it for something else. The introducer is an employee of the account selected as 'parent customer', so ideally I would like the attribute to be a lookup of contacts filtered for the value of 'parent customer'. I then want to populate the address of the introducer into custom address attributes of the contact. Can anyone suggest how I might do this? Thanks, Lorraine. -- Lorraine Quigley Lorraine, You can't a...

Contact Types
I have users complaining that they are seeing too many contacts at once and only want to see the contacts that are available to them. When a user opens an Account and clicks on Contacts, how can it be made to display only the Contacts that are pertinent to a certain user or function? Hello, Microsoft CRM 3.0 is designed such a way that the user acually will see any record that he's allowed to see. You could limit rights to users, but I don't think this is the way to go. Currently I don't see a way to restrict the visible contacts based upon which user is logged on. If user...

Can i add a person's name always in the To or CC Box?
When ever i send a mail, Can i add a person's name always in the To or CC Box?. If it is possible, Please let me know the procedure. I am using outlook 2007 professional. "Chandru." <Chandru.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D46E0E40-7205-4472-8B67-006EB34B953D@microsoft.com... > When ever i send a mail, Can i add a person's name always in the To or CC > Box?. If it is possible, Please let me know the procedure. I am using > outlook > 2007 professional. With extra code, yes. Here's an example: http://www.outlookcode.c...

synching contacts with exchange 2003
Hello, Server contains small business server 2003 with exchange 2003. Workstations are Windows XP running Outlook 2003. If a user adds someone to their contacts, is it automatically saved to the server or do I have to back up that info seperately in a .pst file? Thanks for any help. In news:OSmzfK59GHA.4708@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl, Peter McCaul <compcoff@hotmail.com> typed: > Hello, > > Server contains small business server 2003 with exchange 2003. > > Workstations are Windows XP running Outlook 2003. > > If a user adds someone to their contacts, is it automati...

Contacts Search

how do i restore address book after upgrade
I upgraded office 2003 in an attempt to successfully install sp2, another long story,. Now my address book and all old email messages are gone. Is there a way to restore them? Thanks Outlook has no address book. All its data is in one file. Are you missing all Outlook data? If so, just search for Outlook data files on your hard drive and open each until you find it. The file you need to is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup....