Contacts view options

A simple question which I'm sure has been answered before (can't find it on
search, mind you)...

My Outlook 2003's contacts window is listing all my entries in Last Name,
First Name order.  How do I swap it so it shows the other way around?

Many thanks.

Trent SC wrote:
> A simple question which I'm sure has been answered before (can't find
> it on search, mind you)...
>
> My Outlook 2003's contacts window is listing all my entries in Last
> Name, First Name order.  How do I swap it so it shows the other way
> around?
> Many thanks.

    Top line menu:

        View
            Current View
                Define view

--
Joseph Meehan

 Dia 's Muire duit

0
sligojoe (44)
11/22/2006 7:37:16 PM
In Outlook,
go to tools<email accounts<view or change existing directories or address
books, click next
highlight Outlook Address book & click on change
in this window, we should have the option to change from first-last to
last-first.

Hope this was helpfull...
Sachin

0
v_2saunn (4)
11/23/2006 3:40:35 AM
> In Outlook,
> go to tools<email accounts<view or change existing directories or address
> books, click next
> highlight Outlook Address book & click on change
> in this window, we should have the option to change from first-last to
> last-first.
>
> Hope this was helpfull...
> Sachin

Indeed it was.  Many thanks!

Contacts work for Accounts not contacts
Is there a way to limit the Parent Customer field on the Contact form so that it only allows Accounts to be chosen? We don't want the capability to allow Contacts to have Sub-Contacts - but it does not seem possible to hide the Sub-Contacts item in the contacts form left hand menu. Helen; Could you create a new custom entity [Companies or something like that] to use instead of Accounts? then create a relationship between Companies and Contacts and have the lookup on the contact form be to the Companies object, rather than Accounts (remove the parent account lookup field from the ...

Millions of contacts in CRM
Hi, I am concerned about the use of MSCRM in a client with a few milliion contact records (around 6 million). I know from my own experience with SQL Server that there is no problem with this database, but I wonder if there is any issu regarding the application ou the application server...? I also read the performance and sizing white papers, but the concern there is related to number of users not record number... I read a post by Jake Horn where he mentions 2 M account records in a client installation with no problem, with replication turned off ( is this just turning off replication i...

Import Contact as AD contacts
Is there a way to import contacts form an Exchange public folder to Contacts in my active directory under an OU? i.e instaed of creating a new contact in AD and enter all detail I want to import the current details I already have in the Public Folder as contacts thanks Mike On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 11:31:44 +0200, "Michael Greeff" <mikeg452@hotmail.com> wrote: >Is there a way to import contacts form an Exchange public folder to Contacts >in my active directory under an OU? i.e instaed of creating a new contact in >AD and enter all detail I want to import the current de...

Let's exchange contact info #3
Hi, Goran Thisell here, how are you? I am putting together a contact list of individuals interested in sharing resources and business information. If you are interested in connecting please send your Name and information to: mailto:coghem@telia.com?subject=BUSINESS_CONTACT_NG I will follow up as soon as I get your email. It's not an autoresponder so it might not be right away. I appreciate your patience. I look forward to meeting you. Regards, Goran Thisell coghem@telia.com --- MAF Anti-Spam ID: 20040306105317O0d3ZyV4 ...

CRM 4.0 Error in Service Calendar view
I have an issue with saved view when using it in service calendar. Situation is like this - when I try to add a new view (using advanced find) for the Facilites/Equipment, and in the view definition I setup to show only ones from the specific location, I'm getting an error saying: "Record Is Unavailable". I'm getting this error only in service calendar, it works fine on the Facilities/Equipment page, under the Business Management in the Settings area. Cheers, Ivica Hi, I´m facing with the same problem. That was working fine in CRM 3.0 and creates an error in...

viewing large public folders slow
When viewing a large public folder (100,000+ items) the list can take several minutes to display for clients. The MSX server (SBS 2003) is on same LAN with less than 25 users. Clients are OL 2003 in cached mode. I have not seen this behavior at other customer sites with slower servers running MSX 2000/2003. Is this behavior expected? Any way to tune it? -- D. Well the first problem you have is that your folder has more than 5000 items in it which is the recommended standard. When you have a folder with as many items as you do you are going to cause excessive cpu utilization for the st...

OWA
Hi, When my clients create new contacts on their email accounts through OWA why is it they have type the persons name into the search window when they want to add a person or persons to their "to:" field in the message? Why doesn't their contacts show up in the bottom window so they can select one or more? Also when they create Distribution Lists via OWA they are not able to view the lists under Contacts like you can when you are using MS Outlook 2003, also the list doesn't show up when you search for it when creating a new message?? Why is that? Are there work aroun...

Using Index, Match and Search to populate items to a calendar view
Hello, I need assistance figuring out a formula. Here's the situation: I have two worksheets. Worksheet 1 lists, in spreadsheet form, names and dates of events, including a column that details what state(s) the event is in (a row may list, "IL," or "IL, WI, TX," etc...). It is sortable by state, and a number of other features. Unfortunately, my readers want to see a monthly calendar view - not a spreadsheet... so... Worksheet 2 shows a monthly calendar view, with a drop down list to select the Month and Year, and one to select a single State. ...

Contacts view options
A simple question which I'm sure has been answered before (can't find it on search, mind you)... My Outlook 2003's contacts window is listing all my entries in Last Name, First Name order. How do I swap it so it shows the other way around? Many thanks. Trent SC wrote: > A simple question which I'm sure has been answered before (can't find > it on search, mind you)... > > My Outlook 2003's contacts window is listing all my entries in Last > Name, First Name order. How do I swap it so it shows the other way > around? > Many thanks. Top ...

Add contact to group of appointments
Is it possible to add a contact to a group of appointment brought up in a search? Or does each appointment have to be done individually?. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Robert Bendett;144399 Wrote: > Is it possible to add a contact to a group of appointment brought up in > a search? Or does each appointment have to be done individually?. > Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Each needs done individually. -- Slipstick 'Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center' (http://www.slipstick.com) 'Outlook Tips' (http://www.outlook-t...

How to edit Marketing List Members window/view?
I'd like to add columns to the Marketing List Members window/view, but I do not find it in the customizale entities. (Not the Markeritng List views, but the window that shows the marketing list members and related info). I can do it using a dynamic extract, but that doesn't meet my needs. Any help is appreciated. On 6 dec, 19:25, Greg R <Gr...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'd like to add columns to theMarketingListMemberswindow/view, but I do > not find it in the customizale entities. (Not the MarkeritngListviews, but > the window that shows themarketingl...

add contact attribute to contact form
I need to add a new attribute 'introducer' of type contact to the contact form. I can't use the 'parent customer' attribute because I am using it for something else. The introducer is an employee of the account selected as 'parent customer', so ideally I would like the attribute to be a lookup of contacts filtered for the value of 'parent customer'. I then want to populate the address of the introducer into custom address attributes of the contact. Can anyone suggest how I might do this? Thanks, Lorraine. -- Lorraine Quigley Lorraine, You can't a...

Archive Options
I have Money 2006 Premium. Is there any way to archive only transactions that have cleared? Scott Archive is by date. Many of use regulars here don't do it and don't advise others to, either. "BillyBoy" <noreply@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:%23OPb2ZPLHHA.5016@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I have Money 2006 Premium. Is there any way to archive only transactions > that have cleared? Ok, well, I've been doing it for several years. Since I've selected Money to override the user transaction date with the bank date, I'll just post date the ...

Contact Types
I have users complaining that they are seeing too many contacts at once and only want to see the contacts that are available to them. When a user opens an Account and clicks on Contacts, how can it be made to display only the Contacts that are pertinent to a certain user or function? Hello, Microsoft CRM 3.0 is designed such a way that the user acually will see any record that he's allowed to see. You could limit rights to users, but I don't think this is the way to go. Currently I don't see a way to restrict the visible contacts based upon which user is logged on. If user...

Folder List View Save?
Using Outlook 2003 on Win 2k Server. I prefer to use the Folder List view for my Personal Folders. I'm having a problem with Outlook remembering which folders were expanded when I close and later reopen Outlook. For example, if I have this folder hierarchy under Personal Folders: A B ---B1 ---B2 ---B3 C ---C1 ---C2 ---C3 D Let's say that I don't want to take up the screen space to show the subfolders under "C". I collapse that folder, and it now looks like this: A B ---B1 ---B2 ---B3 C D I then exit Outlook, shut the PC off and go home. The next day, I start every...

synching contacts with exchange 2003
Hello, Server contains small business server 2003 with exchange 2003. Workstations are Windows XP running Outlook 2003. If a user adds someone to their contacts, is it automatically saved to the server or do I have to back up that info seperately in a .pst file? Thanks for any help. In news:OSmzfK59GHA.4708@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl, Peter McCaul <compcoff@hotmail.com> typed: > Hello, > > Server contains small business server 2003 with exchange 2003. > > Workstations are Windows XP running Outlook 2003. > > If a user adds someone to their contacts, is it automati...

View|Toolbar Vanishes
Running Outlook 2000 SP-3 with Windows XP SP-2. When I first start Outlook after booting Windows, Outlook toolbars and View|Toolbars are normal. Then if I shutdown Outlook and later re-start it, the View|Toolbars displays only a blank 1/4" square. However, all the toolbars are displayed and working except for the Norton Anti-Spam Toolbar which has vanished. If I want to get back the Anti-Spam toolbar I have to re-start Windows. I tried re-installing msouplug.dll with regsvr32 but it didn't solve the problem. Also renamed outcmd.dat...no help. I don't think it is a Norto...

Contacts Search

WLM contacts wont import from .WAB
I was using outlook express on server 2003 for years without many problems. Recently I exported all my contacts to a .WAB file then moved it to my 2008 R2 server for import. The problem is when I import the 997 contacts, they show up in the immediate session however when I close and reopen WLM the imported contacts are no longer there. anyone have any ideas? Leon I found that removing all punctuation marks (comma's, periods ...) from the contact's street address field cured this exact problem "Leon McCalla" <leonmccalla@remove.hotmail.com> wrote ...

Missing CONTACTS in email even thought Contacts are in "MY CONTACT
I need help! I just bought a new computer, and fairly versed with Outlook and Microsoft Products. I used the Windows Easy Transfer program to transfer files & settings from my old computer (which was Windows XP, running Office 2007) to a new computer (which is Windows 7.0 running Office 2007) and everything came over fine. Bookmarks, all "MY Documents," email settings, contacts, calendar, EVERYTHING. Kudo's to Microsoft for having this tool. One problem that I ran into is that although my .pst file came over fine, and all the email settings, folders, cal...

Frequent Contacts
Groupwise has a feature called "Frequent contacts". Frequent Contacts keeps track of all addresses that you frequently e-mail. It's an awesome feature. Is anyone aware of a similar feature in Outlook 2003. Thanks Jo Not really. You can manually add addresses to your Contacts by right clicking the address. For an automated solution, you'd need extra code... http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/addauto.htm -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! ...

Business Contact Manager Office XP/Outlook 2002
Looking for a trial version or purchasable download of Microsoft Business Contact Manager for Office XP/Outlook 2002. Only identified this product in Beta Version for 2003 or Customer Manager for 2000. Please advise on location and if this software exists. Thank you, Scott It's not available for any product except Outlook 2003. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "Scott" <scott@rapidpulse.com> wrote in message news:04d701c36368$50bbcf20$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Looking for a trial version or purchasable download of > M...

Entourage Contact Icons
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) What is the difference in the contact area between a little person icon next to a contact email or a blue dot? In a group list, I have some people with blue dots and some people with a little person. I cannot see anything special within these two emails to determine why they have different icons. Can you tell me why they are different? On 1/13/10 10:50 AM, in article 59bb0d68.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "sunshineone@officeformac.com" <sunshineone@officeformac.com> wrote: > What is the difference in the cont...

Prevent data change in custom view
In a custom view on a public folder, where data are grouped, it is possible to change editible fields in items by dragging & dropping it from one group to another. In my case this happened erroneously and data were changed unintentionally. Is there a way to prevent any data change in a view, e.g.to make a view READ-ONLY? ...

contact not listed in contacts
when i start typing in an email address in Outlook 2002, autofill comes up with three choices. two are in my contact list. the third (which is an incorrect address), when i right click properties, says it is not listed in contacts, however, it is being autofilled in Outlook 2002. how do i find and delete this email address. Also, there does not appear to be a name associated with this address, just the email address. is there a place where addresses are listed that don't have names attached to them? When that address appears in the drop-down, cursor down to it so it's h...