Contacts dialogue box shows up empty

I have an issue with Outlook Pro installed on my main PC that is not
recognizing contacts. They are all there, but when I try to send an email,
and I select "to" the contacts dialogue box shows up empty.

Thanks in advance,

Jay

Is the Contacts folder selected as an Address List?
http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/contactsinaddressbook.htm

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-FREE tool; QuickMail. Create new Outlook items anywhere from within Windows
-Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data

-----
"Jay" <nospam_doctorpeppercan@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
>I have an issue with Outlook Pro installed on my main PC that is not
> recognizing contacts. They are all there, but when I try to send an email,
> and I select "to" the contacts dialogue box shows up empty.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Jay

0
Roady
5/9/2005 7:41:52 AM
Wow!
This site is so good! It's just what I needed : )
Thank you ever so kindly Rob : )

Jay

message news:eEx9SpGVFHA.3840@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Is the Contacts folder selected as an Address List?
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/contactsinaddressbook.htm
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> www.howto-outlook.com
>
> Tips of the month:
> -FREE tool; QuickMail. Create new Outlook items anywhere from within
> Windows
> -Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data
>
> -----
> "Jay" <nospam_doctorpeppercan@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
>>I have an issue with Outlook Pro installed on my main PC that is not
>> recognizing contacts. They are all there, but when I try to send an
>> email,
>> and I select "to" the contacts dialogue box shows up empty.
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>> Jay

Thanks and you're welcome! :-)

--

> Wow!
> This site is so good! It's just what I needed : )
> Thank you ever so kindly Rob : )
>
> Jay
>

> "Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net> wrote
> in message news:eEx9SpGVFHA.3840@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>> Is the Contacts folder selected as an Address List?
>> http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/contactsinaddressbook.htm
>>
>> --
>> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
>> www.howto-outlook.com
>>
>> Tips of the month:
>> -FREE tool; QuickMail. Create new Outlook items anywhere from within
>> Windows
>> -Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data
>>
>> -----
>> "Jay" <nospam_doctorpeppercan@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
>>>I have an issue with Outlook Pro installed on my main PC that is not
>>> recognizing contacts. They are all there, but when I try to send an
>>> email,
>>> and I select "to" the contacts dialogue box shows up empty.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance,
>>>
>>> Jay

0
Roady

Contacts work for Accounts not contacts
Is there a way to limit the Parent Customer field on the Contact form so that it only allows Accounts to be chosen? We don't want the capability to allow Contacts to have Sub-Contacts - but it does not seem possible to hide the Sub-Contacts item in the contacts form left hand menu. Helen; Could you create a new custom entity [Companies or something like that] to use instead of Accounts? then create a relationship between Companies and Contacts and have the lookup on the contact form be to the Companies object, rather than Accounts (remove the parent account lookup field from the ...

Trouble After Moving Mail Boxes
Okay I'm not the best exchange guy so this one has me stumped. Last week I had an exchange computer fail. I was able to get a second computer up and running and install exchange on it. I got all the information transferred over to this new computer and reinstalled the old one. Now when I try to move the mail boxes to the newly installed computer I can't use web mail or view attachments. If I copy them back to the other server everything works fine. And if I move an e-mail form the servers store to a personal store I can view attachments. If any one has an idea as to what might cau...

Millions of contacts in CRM
Hi, I am concerned about the use of MSCRM in a client with a few milliion contact records (around 6 million). I know from my own experience with SQL Server that there is no problem with this database, but I wonder if there is any issu regarding the application ou the application server...? I also read the performance and sizing white papers, but the concern there is related to number of users not record number... I read a post by Jake Horn where he mentions 2 M account records in a client installation with no problem, with replication turned off ( is this just turning off replication i...

ATP should show Open Mfg Orders
The ATP window (inq>Inv>ATP) currently does not display unallocated "Open" Mfg Orders only released orders. Many companies don't change the Mfg Order status to release until they are ready to pick the materials and/or start the order. Sales can inadvertantly sell material that is required on open Mfg Orders. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to o...

Import Contact as AD contacts
Is there a way to import contacts form an Exchange public folder to Contacts in my active directory under an OU? i.e instaed of creating a new contact in AD and enter all detail I want to import the current details I already have in the Public Folder as contacts thanks Mike On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 11:31:44 +0200, "Michael Greeff" <mikeg452@hotmail.com> wrote: >Is there a way to import contacts form an Exchange public folder to Contacts >in my active directory under an OU? i.e instaed of creating a new contact in >AD and enter all detail I want to import the current de...

Edit box and special chars
I'm using an edit box (MFC) to get a string from the user and then save it to a file in xml format. There isn't problem with English chars but when I switch to other language with special chars (like � in Portugeese) I cant even type them to the edit box. I also edited manually the output file and tried to make the program read and display it -No luck also at that direction Does anyone know how I can make the edit box accept all kinds of char? Thank you, Adi LA_aDI@HOTMAIL.COM (Adi) wrote in message news:<9ddbac73.0411070717.fcb131f@posting.google.com>... > I'm usin...

existing accounts not showing up on net worth reports
I have existing accounts set up, Cd's, that i have transfered to new accounts, cd's at another institution. the report for net worth over time fails to show the original cd's after the transfer. How should I have done this diferently? -- DR In microsoft.public.money, DR wrote: >I have existing accounts set up, Cd's, that i have transfered to new >accounts, cd's at another institution. the report for net worth over time >fails to show the original cd's after the transfer. How should I have done >this diferently? Forgetting for the moment how you...

help with combo box
Hi, I have two columns in an excel sheet named as "Area" and "Territory". I want to make two combo boxes, one for area and other for territory such that if I choose a particular area, the entries in the territory combo box should change accordingly. Area Territory 1 aa 1 bb 2 cc 2 dd 3 xx 3 ee 4 gg so, if i choose "2" in area combo box, the territory combo box should show "cc" and "dd". please h...

Remove Check Boxes
I have an Excel File that has 2 square boxes that look like check boxes and what ever I do I cannot delete them. I checked for security and macros and there are neither. When I double click on the boxes it sends me to the top of the page. Does anyone know how to delete these boxes? Slip, Make sure the sheet isn't protected (Tools - Protection - if you see "Unprotect sheet," it's protected. Unprotect it). I'm not sure about the sending you to the top of the page, and what that means. Try this: Hold Ctrl as you click one. If it selects (a select box with handl...

Let's exchange contact info #3
Hi, Goran Thisell here, how are you? I am putting together a contact list of individuals interested in sharing resources and business information. If you are interested in connecting please send your Name and information to: mailto:coghem@telia.com?subject=BUSINESS_CONTACT_NG I will follow up as soon as I get your email. It's not an autoresponder so it might not be right away. I appreciate your patience. I look forward to meeting you. Regards, Goran Thisell coghem@telia.com --- MAF Anti-Spam ID: 20040306105317O0d3ZyV4 ...

OWA
Hi, When my clients create new contacts on their email accounts through OWA why is it they have type the persons name into the search window when they want to add a person or persons to their "to:" field in the message? Why doesn't their contacts show up in the bottom window so they can select one or more? Also when they create Distribution Lists via OWA they are not able to view the lists under Contacts like you can when you are using MS Outlook 2003, also the list doesn't show up when you search for it when creating a new message?? Why is that? Are there work aroun...

Contacts view options
A simple question which I'm sure has been answered before (can't find it on search, mind you)... My Outlook 2003's contacts window is listing all my entries in Last Name, First Name order. How do I swap it so it shows the other way around? Many thanks. Trent SC wrote: > A simple question which I'm sure has been answered before (can't find > it on search, mind you)... > > My Outlook 2003's contacts window is listing all my entries in Last > Name, First Name order. How do I swap it so it shows the other way > around? > Many thanks. Top ...

Add contact to group of appointments
Is it possible to add a contact to a group of appointment brought up in a search? Or does each appointment have to be done individually?. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Robert Bendett;144399 Wrote: > Is it possible to add a contact to a group of appointment brought up in > a search? Or does each appointment have to be done individually?. > Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Each needs done individually. -- Slipstick 'Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center' (http://www.slipstick.com) 'Outlook Tips' (http://www.outlook-t...

add contact attribute to contact form
I need to add a new attribute 'introducer' of type contact to the contact form. I can't use the 'parent customer' attribute because I am using it for something else. The introducer is an employee of the account selected as 'parent customer', so ideally I would like the attribute to be a lookup of contacts filtered for the value of 'parent customer'. I then want to populate the address of the introducer into custom address attributes of the contact. Can anyone suggest how I might do this? Thanks, Lorraine. -- Lorraine Quigley Lorraine, You can't a...

Combo Boxes-Access 2007
Two tables as follows: tblSenior Intake tblSenior Intake ID-PK tblFname tblMiddleName tblLastName tblAddress tblCity tblTownship tblState tblPostalCode TblHomePhone etc. tblSchedule tblSchedule ID-PK tblDriver tblDay tblAppointmentTime tblCancelled tblWhoCancelled tblFname tblLastName tblAddress tblCity tblHomePhone tblAppointmentTime tblAppointmentNotes tblDestination tblReturnTime tblReasonforTransportation Want to create a combo box so that end user selects name and the Fname,LastName,Address,City, and HomePhone fields automatically complete in the fo...

Contact Types
I have users complaining that they are seeing too many contacts at once and only want to see the contacts that are available to them. When a user opens an Account and clicks on Contacts, how can it be made to display only the Contacts that are pertinent to a certain user or function? Hello, Microsoft CRM 3.0 is designed such a way that the user acually will see any record that he's allowed to see. You could limit rights to users, but I don't think this is the way to go. Currently I don't see a way to restrict the visible contacts based upon which user is logged on. If user...

synching contacts with exchange 2003
Hello, Server contains small business server 2003 with exchange 2003. Workstations are Windows XP running Outlook 2003. If a user adds someone to their contacts, is it automatically saved to the server or do I have to back up that info seperately in a .pst file? Thanks for any help. In news:OSmzfK59GHA.4708@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl, Peter McCaul <compcoff@hotmail.com> typed: > Hello, > > Server contains small business server 2003 with exchange 2003. > > Workstations are Windows XP running Outlook 2003. > > If a user adds someone to their contacts, is it automati...

Remove Time from showing in date columns
How can we display only dates without time in date times fields? From m/dd/yyyy hh:mm: AM/PM to dd-MMM-yyyy In Project Pro Tools > Option > View (Change the date format) -- Please rate this post if it has helped Thanks Gaurav Wason gwason@gmail.com, PMP, MCITP roject Made Easy (Project Server Archive Tool) and (Project Owner Tool) http://projectmadeeasy.com "Michael Jansen" wrote: > How can we display only dates without time in date times fields? > > From > m/dd/yyyy hh:mm: AM/PM > > to > dd-MMM-yyyy What about PW...

Can i add a person's name always in the To or CC Box?
When ever i send a mail, Can i add a person's name always in the To or CC Box?. If it is possible, Please let me know the procedure. I am using outlook 2007 professional. "Chandru." <Chandru.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D46E0E40-7205-4472-8B67-006EB34B953D@microsoft.com... > When ever i send a mail, Can i add a person's name always in the To or CC > Box?. If it is possible, Please let me know the procedure. I am using > outlook > 2007 professional. With extra code, yes. Here's an example: http://www.outlookcode.c...

Contacts Search

WLM contacts wont import from .WAB
I was using outlook express on server 2003 for years without many problems. Recently I exported all my contacts to a .WAB file then moved it to my 2008 R2 server for import. The problem is when I import the 997 contacts, they show up in the immediate session however when I close and reopen WLM the imported contacts are no longer there. anyone have any ideas? Leon I found that removing all punctuation marks (comma's, periods ...) from the contact's street address field cured this exact problem "Leon McCalla" <leonmccalla@remove.hotmail.com> wrote ...

Query with Combo Box
I have a table FoodItems with 2 Fields ItemName and FoodGroups. On my form I want to have a combo Box show me all of the ItemName which are contained in a specific FoodGroup. For example I want to have all of the ItemName that are in the "Cereal & Grain" FoodGroup. I did the following: I Put: SELECT FoodItems.ItemName, FoodItems.FoodGroup FROM FoodItems WHERE (((FoodItems.FoodGroup)="Cereal & Grains")); in the Controlsource for the Combo Box. I put FoodItems in the RowSource, and Table/Query in the RowSource Type. Now #Name? shows up in the combo box. Wh...

Missing CONTACTS in email even thought Contacts are in "MY CONTACT
I need help! I just bought a new computer, and fairly versed with Outlook and Microsoft Products. I used the Windows Easy Transfer program to transfer files & settings from my old computer (which was Windows XP, running Office 2007) to a new computer (which is Windows 7.0 running Office 2007) and everything came over fine. Bookmarks, all "MY Documents," email settings, contacts, calendar, EVERYTHING. Kudo's to Microsoft for having this tool. One problem that I ran into is that although my .pst file came over fine, and all the email settings, folders, cal...

Frequent Contacts
Groupwise has a feature called "Frequent contacts". Frequent Contacts keeps track of all addresses that you frequently e-mail. It's an awesome feature. Is anyone aware of a similar feature in Outlook 2003. Thanks Jo Not really. You can manually add addresses to your Contacts by right clicking the address. For an automated solution, you'd need extra code... http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/addauto.htm -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! ...

Business Contact Manager Office XP/Outlook 2002
Looking for a trial version or purchasable download of Microsoft Business Contact Manager for Office XP/Outlook 2002. Only identified this product in Beta Version for 2003 or Customer Manager for 2000. Please advise on location and if this software exists. Thank you, Scott It's not available for any product except Outlook 2003. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "Scott" <scott@rapidpulse.com> wrote in message news:04d701c36368$50bbcf20$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Looking for a trial version or purchasable download of > M...