Contact Set Up for Personal Use

I use Outlook 2003 and was wondering if there is a better way to set
up my contacts for personal use.  For example, our family has another
family in our address book.  There are multiple contacts with multiple
email addresses and phone numbers for the other family, although they
are all at the same mailing address which I use when I send a
Christmas card or something.  Rather than having four separate
contacts, is there a way to combine it into one and still be able to
find the members' information that are the primary contact?  I guess
this would be like finding staff members within a company.  I really
don't want multiple contacts in my contact list for all the people in
the company/family.

Does anyone out there use Outlook for personal use and have a good way
to manage this?
0
tcnichols1 (19)

Contacts work for Accounts not contacts
Is there a way to limit the Parent Customer field on the Contact form so that it only allows Accounts to be chosen? We don't want the capability to allow Contacts to have Sub-Contacts - but it does not seem possible to hide the Sub-Contacts item in the contacts form left hand menu. Helen; Could you create a new custom entity [Companies or something like that] to use instead of Accounts? then create a relationship between Companies and Contacts and have the lookup on the contact form be to the Companies object, rather than Accounts (remove the parent account lookup field from the ...

Millions of contacts in CRM
Hi, I am concerned about the use of MSCRM in a client with a few milliion contact records (around 6 million). I know from my own experience with SQL Server that there is no problem with this database, but I wonder if there is any issu regarding the application ou the application server...? I also read the performance and sizing white papers, but the concern there is related to number of users not record number... I read a post by Jake Horn where he mentions 2 M account records in a client installation with no problem, with replication turned off ( is this just turning off replication i...

Corrupt Personal Folder file
If a personal folder (.pst) file has become corrupted, is it possible to retreive all the data from that file into a new personal folder file? >If a personal folder (.pst) file has become corrupted, is >it possible to retreive all the data from that file into a >new personal folder file? The Inbox Repair Tool (scanpst.exe) will be able to recover some or even most of it, but most likely not all of it. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.com is the domain. I don't speak for Sm...

creating crosstab reports with 2 sets of column values
good day! i have a query [Calculate DTR Time] with the following fields: EmployeeID, DTRDate, AssignedAreaID, NoHrsRegular, NoHoursOT, IsHoliday Im trying to create a summary report out of it using crosstabs. At first, it looked great but when i try to filter the records using between dates, i got lost. i need help. i just learned how to use crosstabs using crosstab wizard X_X. the report should look like: [startdate] [startdate + 1] [startdate + 2] ... [end date] [Totals] regular/OT reg / OT reg / OT ... reg / OT reg / OT [AssigneA...

Import Contact as AD contacts
Is there a way to import contacts form an Exchange public folder to Contacts in my active directory under an OU? i.e instaed of creating a new contact in AD and enter all detail I want to import the current details I already have in the Public Folder as contacts thanks Mike On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 11:31:44 +0200, "Michael Greeff" <mikeg452@hotmail.com> wrote: >Is there a way to import contacts form an Exchange public folder to Contacts >in my active directory under an OU? i.e instaed of creating a new contact in >AD and enter all detail I want to import the current de...

File being "used by another user"

OPOS Printer
HI, I need to set the RecLetterQuality attribute to true for my OPOS receipt printer. I found the section for Receipt Formats in the Store Manager part of Microsoft POS, but there does not seem to be a LetterQuality selection. Is it here and I'm not seeing it? If not, there needs to be. The OPOS spec says RecLetterQuality is initialized to False after enabling. Our printer requires a darker print out for some applications (scanability), which it gives you when RecLetterQuality is True. Thanks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to th...

New button does not open the template workbook set up
Excel 2003 I created a template workbook that contains my cells and page formatting preferences. When I select New from the File menu I can choose the template created, but when I click on the New button the workbook does not reflect the same template formatting. Any ideas? You have to access templates from the file - new menu, not the new icon on the standard toobar. -- Sincerely, Michael Colvin "lucilene" wrote: > Excel 2003 I created a template workbook that contains my cells and page > formatting preferences. When I select New from the File menu I can choose the ...

OWA
Hi, When my clients create new contacts on their email accounts through OWA why is it they have type the persons name into the search window when they want to add a person or persons to their "to:" field in the message? Why doesn't their contacts show up in the bottom window so they can select one or more? Also when they create Distribution Lists via OWA they are not able to view the lists under Contacts like you can when you are using MS Outlook 2003, also the list doesn't show up when you search for it when creating a new message?? Why is that? Are there work aroun...

How to use Employees Photos on forms
I want to use or display photos of employees on "Employee record form". the photos are req to be changed every time operator nevigates records. All employees photos are JPG files in a folder. The files are renamed so that every photo file has same name as of that employee's registration no. Also advice me wether to store photos in employees table would be efficient or i should store them in seperate folder. And also how to make Data Enty form to store photos into the table Thanks -- I H Naqvi Hi Try this link http://www.databasedev.co.uk/bound_image_form.html -- Way...

Tennis set combinations
I would be grateful for help with listing all the possible gam combinations within a set of tennis. I just need to list all the possible combinations of which player (1 o 2) wins each game. So for 6-0 to a player it is obviously 1,1,1,1,1. 6-1 can be 1,1,1,1,1,2,1 etc Is there a way excel can list all the possible combinations? Even if I just have a combination of all the ways 1 and 2 can win in 12 game period. I guess it is just 2*2*2*2*2 etc but how do I list it in 1s and 2s? Hope this is clear -- Raigmor ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Raig...

duplicate personal folders #4
i have 2 complete (and seperate) sets of personal folders. how do i get rid of one of the redundant sets? Thanks. Under tools/ options / mail setup tab there is a data files button. there you will see the data files... you can then choose which data file to remove. >-----Original Message----- >i have 2 complete (and seperate) sets of personal >folders. how do i get rid of one of the redundant sets? >Thanks. >. > ...

Let's exchange contact info #3
Hi, Goran Thisell here, how are you? I am putting together a contact list of individuals interested in sharing resources and business information. If you are interested in connecting please send your Name and information to: mailto:coghem@telia.com?subject=BUSINESS_CONTACT_NG I will follow up as soon as I get your email. It's not an autoresponder so it might not be right away. I appreciate your patience. I look forward to meeting you. Regards, Goran Thisell coghem@telia.com --- MAF Anti-Spam ID: 20040306105317O0d3ZyV4 ...

selecting chart data range using arrow keys
Hello, In the past I have been able to select the data range (ie source data) for a chart by (a) clicking on the little square button at the far right end of the source range, which brings me to the spreadsheet; and (b) then using arrow keys to move around and SHIFT select data. OK, I can still do this. But the rub is this: I used to be able to CTRL-arrow around to select ranges, which is very handy in big spreadsheets, since it can bring you to the next full cell (like using the Scout (#9) in Stratego). But now I can't CTRL-arrow around anymore to select chart data, leaving me...

Using Index, Match and Search to populate items to a calendar view
Hello, I need assistance figuring out a formula. Here's the situation: I have two worksheets. Worksheet 1 lists, in spreadsheet form, names and dates of events, including a column that details what state(s) the event is in (a row may list, "IL," or "IL, WI, TX," etc...). It is sortable by state, and a number of other features. Unfortunately, my readers want to see a monthly calendar view - not a spreadsheet... so... Worksheet 2 shows a monthly calendar view, with a drop down list to select the Month and Year, and one to select a single State. ...

Contacts view options
A simple question which I'm sure has been answered before (can't find it on search, mind you)... My Outlook 2003's contacts window is listing all my entries in Last Name, First Name order. How do I swap it so it shows the other way around? Many thanks. Trent SC wrote: > A simple question which I'm sure has been answered before (can't find > it on search, mind you)... > > My Outlook 2003's contacts window is listing all my entries in Last > Name, First Name order. How do I swap it so it shows the other way > around? > Many thanks. Top ...

Does Messenger service use mailslots?
Hi, Does the messenger service (not MS Messenger) use mailslots to transmit messages? If not how does it work? ...

how to make text bold in excel using a formula?
How can convert text to bold wihtout using a formula. I dont want to click Bold button, would rather do it using a formula. The main problem is we are importing data to excel file from a text file with a delimiter. We need the first row to be bold. How can we achieve bold thing without manual modification. Hi use 'Format - Conditional Format' for this "Raja Vadlamudi" wrote: > How can convert text to bold wihtout using a formula. I dont want to click > Bold button, would rather do it using a formula. > The main problem is we are importing data to excel file fr...

outlook settings #10
Hi, I want to prevent a user from deleting any email. I am not on exchange server, but rather using pop3 "Brian S." <bsgallatin@community.nospam> wrote in message news:JZmdnWu3yaWfprXUnZ2dnUVZ_vGdnZ2d@insightbb.com... > Hi, > I want to prevent a user from deleting any email. I am not on exchange > server, but rather using pop3 > Don't think you can do that.... Brian S. wrote: > Hi, > I want to prevent a user from deleting any email. I am not on exchange > server, but rather using pop3 Change the password on the email account. Don't...

Excel Menu Bar Disappears after Powerpoint Use
Excel is open Using PowerPoint slide w/ embedded excel spreadsheet in it Launch spreadsheet from PowerPoint by double-clicking Switch back to Excel Menu Bar and Taskbars have disappeared, can't find any "Close Full Screen" floating menu option. What is the trick to restore the "normal" Excel view? ...

Setting Default Font for Comments
Is there a way (either in a Menu or in a file / registry setting) to change the default font for a Comment in Excel 2003? I have an End User that would like to change the font size to be larger when he creates a new Comment. Look here Geoffrey Debra Dalgleish's site http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments02.html#Default -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "Geoffrey Schaller" <gschaller@thereisnospam.khronos.com> wrote in message news:e7bc01c3f0c0$0864b2b0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way (either in a Menu or in a file / r...

use license office 2008 for office 2007
hi, does the product key of office mac 2008 also work to validate an office 2007 edition (for windows)? thanks in advance, michael On 3/12/09 12:57 PM, in article 34F37494-E647-488A-B725-C05E577E671B@microsoft.com, "michael" <michael @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > hi, > does the product key of office mac 2008 also work to validate an office 2007 > edition (for windows)? > > thanks in advance, > michael No. -- Bob Greenblatt [MVP], Macintosh bobgreenblattATmsnDOTcom ...

Add contact to group of appointments
Is it possible to add a contact to a group of appointment brought up in a search? Or does each appointment have to be done individually?. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Robert Bendett;144399 Wrote: > Is it possible to add a contact to a group of appointment brought up in > a search? Or does each appointment have to be done individually?. > Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Each needs done individually. -- Slipstick 'Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center' (http://www.slipstick.com) 'Outlook Tips' (http://www.outlook-t...

add contact attribute to contact form
I need to add a new attribute 'introducer' of type contact to the contact form. I can't use the 'parent customer' attribute because I am using it for something else. The introducer is an employee of the account selected as 'parent customer', so ideally I would like the attribute to be a lookup of contacts filtered for the value of 'parent customer'. I then want to populate the address of the introducer into custom address attributes of the contact. Can anyone suggest how I might do this? Thanks, Lorraine. -- Lorraine Quigley Lorraine, You can't a...

Send e-mail using authentication
to In exchange5.5 we can authorize only users send mail using smtp only with authentication by configuring IMC. In exchange2003 didn't find the way to accept relay only with authetication, excluding my inbound relay server. ...