Contact Manager without Exchange Server???

My office doesn't use the Exchange server.  Can I install and use the Business Contact Manager or the Outlook Contact Manager without the Exchange server???
0
anonymous (74719)

It's only supposed to work with SBS2003, but can be hacked - see http://www.slipstick.com/bcm/bcmfaq.aspx
for more information.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

[Posted using NewsLook NNTP add-in for Outlook]

0
info2937 (567)
4/26/2004 2:29:17 PM
Oops - I read this wrong - yes, you can use it without Exchange. In fact,
it's not supposed to work with Exchange. :)

wrote:
>My office doesn't use the Exchange server.  Can I install and use the Business
>Contact Manager or the Outlook Contact Manager without the Exchange server???

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

[Posted using NewsLook NNTP add-in for Outlook]

0
info2937 (567)

Contacts work for Accounts not contacts
Is there a way to limit the Parent Customer field on the Contact form so that it only allows Accounts to be chosen? We don't want the capability to allow Contacts to have Sub-Contacts - but it does not seem possible to hide the Sub-Contacts item in the contacts form left hand menu. Helen; Could you create a new custom entity [Companies or something like that] to use instead of Accounts? then create a relationship between Companies and Contacts and have the lookup on the contact form be to the Companies object, rather than Accounts (remove the parent account lookup field from the ...

Exmerge Exchange 2007
Hello all I need to import a bunch of .pst files into a server running Exchange 2007. Can i use Exmerge to do this? Thanks Not until SP1 i'm afraid. Oliver Currently doesn't support Exmerge. Have a look at Exchange Management Shell Export-Mailbox cmdlet or the Move Mailbox wizard. "skip" <skip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CFCC225A-9D13-4D4E-B2FA-501DA564ECBA@microsoft.com... > Hello all > > I need to import a bunch of .pst files into a server running Exchange > 2007. > Can i use Exmerge to do this? > > Thanks ...

Millions of contacts in CRM
Hi, I am concerned about the use of MSCRM in a client with a few milliion contact records (around 6 million). I know from my own experience with SQL Server that there is no problem with this database, but I wonder if there is any issu regarding the application ou the application server...? I also read the performance and sizing white papers, but the concern there is related to number of users not record number... I read a post by Jake Horn where he mentions 2 M account records in a client installation with no problem, with replication turned off ( is this just turning off replication i...

Import Contact as AD contacts
Is there a way to import contacts form an Exchange public folder to Contacts in my active directory under an OU? i.e instaed of creating a new contact in AD and enter all detail I want to import the current details I already have in the Public Folder as contacts thanks Mike On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 11:31:44 +0200, "Michael Greeff" <mikeg452@hotmail.com> wrote: >Is there a way to import contacts form an Exchange public folder to Contacts >in my active directory under an OU? i.e instaed of creating a new contact in >AD and enter all detail I want to import the current de...

Integration Manager #22
I have IM installed on the server and am using remote desktop to access remotely for a client. I can open integrations and create them, but when I run them the it locks up and when I exit the program it says that it is not responding do you want to end now. I've heard that IM on the server can sometimes cause problems, but can't find anything in Knowledge Base on it. Windows Server 2003 SQL 2005 Dynamics GP 9 Integration Manager 9 Thank you in advance!! I haven't seen any issues with IM on the server in a very similar configuration (SQL 2000 instead of 2005). Have you ch...

change server name
I have a server called "server1" I want to connect it to a network that has a machine w/ that name. How/Can I change my server's name to something else. Server 2003 w/ SP1 Exchange 2003 w/ SP2 Thanks, On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 15:33:32 -0400, "Chris Pirillo" <chrisp516@gmail.com> wrote: >I have a server called "server1" I want to connect it to a network that has >a machine w/ that name. How/Can I change my server's name to something else. > >Server 2003 w/ SP1 >Exchange 2003 w/ SP2 > >Thanks, > Renaming an Exch Server is...

OWA
Hi, When my clients create new contacts on their email accounts through OWA why is it they have type the persons name into the search window when they want to add a person or persons to their "to:" field in the message? Why doesn't their contacts show up in the bottom window so they can select one or more? Also when they create Distribution Lists via OWA they are not able to view the lists under Contacts like you can when you are using MS Outlook 2003, also the list doesn't show up when you search for it when creating a new message?? Why is that? Are there work aroun...

exchange 2000 user rights
How can I assign rights to user calendars from exchange? I want everyone to view everyone else's calendar and SOME to have read/write access. We want this done at the group level, regardles of whta the user wants or doesnt want. Thanks, Raul Rego ...

Let's exchange contact info #3
Hi, Goran Thisell here, how are you? I am putting together a contact list of individuals interested in sharing resources and business information. If you are interested in connecting please send your Name and information to: mailto:coghem@telia.com?subject=BUSINESS_CONTACT_NG I will follow up as soon as I get your email. It's not an autoresponder so it might not be right away. I appreciate your patience. I look forward to meeting you. Regards, Goran Thisell coghem@telia.com --- MAF Anti-Spam ID: 20040306105317O0d3ZyV4 ...

Contacts view options
A simple question which I'm sure has been answered before (can't find it on search, mind you)... My Outlook 2003's contacts window is listing all my entries in Last Name, First Name order. How do I swap it so it shows the other way around? Many thanks. Trent SC wrote: > A simple question which I'm sure has been answered before (can't find > it on search, mind you)... > > My Outlook 2003's contacts window is listing all my entries in Last > Name, First Name order. How do I swap it so it shows the other way > around? > Many thanks. Top ...

multiple years in grant management
Please consider expanding the functionality of Grant management to extend beyond the company fiscal year. For instance we have a fiscal year of july to june and we have a few grants that are on a calendar year jan-dec along with grants that follow our fiscal year. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then ...

Exchange between forests
Hello all, We run win2k and exch2k with a single forest and AD domain. We may be wanting to create a new forest (due to the org wanting the name changed), if we make a new forest and migrate the user etc into it, what do we do with exchange? Can we leave it and migrate mailboxes between forests to a new exchange server? Should we upgrade our AD to win2k3 and use the renaming tool to change the domain name and upgrade exchange to 2k3 instead of migrating? Any help, as always much appreciated On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 07:05:07 -0800, Andrew <Andrew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

Add contact to group of appointments
Is it possible to add a contact to a group of appointment brought up in a search? Or does each appointment have to be done individually?. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Robert Bendett;144399 Wrote: > Is it possible to add a contact to a group of appointment brought up in > a search? Or does each appointment have to be done individually?. > Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Each needs done individually. -- Slipstick 'Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center' (http://www.slipstick.com) 'Outlook Tips' (http://www.outlook-t...

Administration Tools/Addons/Pack for Exchange?
Hello, Are there any administration add-ons for Exchange so that I can see all of the Exchange properties of a user/group/etc from my administration machine? Currently, I have to use Terminal Services into the Exchange server and run the Active Directory U&C console from there to see everything. I want to have the same capabilities on my personal machine without having to install Exchange. Is this possible? Thank you, -b Assuming you are running XP on your desktop... For Exchange 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;821920 For Exchange 2000 http://suppor...

MX question on Exchange 2003
When I try to send mail to any user in the domain graphics.ucsd.edu the mail can not be delivered because there first MX record that points to 132.239.95.98 doesn't have port 25 open for mail. So my server tries only that server for tree days then it gives up. First of all, why doesn't my server try any other server with lover priority? And what is the reason to stop port 25 on their first MX server? I have an Exchange 2003 server with sp1 running on a windows 2003 server RO wrote: > When I try to send mail to any user in the domain graphics.ucsd.edu > the mail can not b...

Exchange + outlook VS Lotus notes
Hi everybody, I am currently working with an organization which is checking two options for calendar based applications. On this project i'm trying to help the organization decide on whether to choose each of the alternatives where on the Lotus notes, the organization has its own people who are running proof of concepts and so on, and i am running the exchange and outlook application based proof of concepts. Its an organization which has about 2500 clients... As for now i must say, that exchange and outlook appear to be a VERY VERY hard to handle environment. One of the POC processes a...

Exchange 2003 SP1 #6
I check the webcast concerning Exchang 2K3 SP1 and it noted that Lotus Notes Connector now support Lotus Notes R6 clients but what about Lotus Notes R6 Server? I am asking because I am in the middle of researching the migration of Lotus Notes R6 to Exchange 2003 See the following articles: 839594 Support for the Exchange Connector for Lotus Notes in Exchange Server http://support.microsoft.com/?id=839594 867646 The "Exchange Server 2003 interoperability and migration guide" is http://support.microsoft.com/?id=867646 Thanks, Fitz Crittle This posting is provided "AS IS...

add contact attribute to contact form
I need to add a new attribute 'introducer' of type contact to the contact form. I can't use the 'parent customer' attribute because I am using it for something else. The introducer is an employee of the account selected as 'parent customer', so ideally I would like the attribute to be a lookup of contacts filtered for the value of 'parent customer'. I then want to populate the address of the introducer into custom address attributes of the contact. Can anyone suggest how I might do this? Thanks, Lorraine. -- Lorraine Quigley Lorraine, You can't a...

Contact Types
I have users complaining that they are seeing too many contacts at once and only want to see the contacts that are available to them. When a user opens an Account and clicks on Contacts, how can it be made to display only the Contacts that are pertinent to a certain user or function? Hello, Microsoft CRM 3.0 is designed such a way that the user acually will see any record that he's allowed to see. You could limit rights to users, but I don't think this is the way to go. Currently I don't see a way to restrict the visible contacts based upon which user is logged on. If user...

Exchange server 2003 installation problem
Hi, I am new in Exchange Server. I am trying to insatll exchange server 2003. I download trial version of software and Exchange Server 2003 guide.doc from microsoft. I used Win 2003 server for OS, make the server as a domain controller with Active directory because it is testing so that i do not want to join our domain. Install all the services which the guide recommended. Run the Exchange 2003 ForestPrep and DoaminPrep from CD which I downloaded . wehn I try to install actual Exchange server the window looks just like ForestPrep, not the pictures guide shows. It is all greyed out and ...

synching contacts with exchange 2003
Hello, Server contains small business server 2003 with exchange 2003. Workstations are Windows XP running Outlook 2003. If a user adds someone to their contacts, is it automatically saved to the server or do I have to back up that info seperately in a .pst file? Thanks for any help. In news:OSmzfK59GHA.4708@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl, Peter McCaul <compcoff@hotmail.com> typed: > Hello, > > Server contains small business server 2003 with exchange 2003. > > Workstations are Windows XP running Outlook 2003. > > If a user adds someone to their contacts, is it automati...

Consolidating Exchange servers
We currently have 4 exchange servers, each with ONE (1) information store per server. The size of the stores are 104GB, 134GB, 187GB and 173GB I have upgraded to two new servers and plan on migrating the mailboxes from the four server to just the two new servers. Here is my question. I have decided to create 4 informations store per server, one storage group per server. I would then move the mailboxes and spread them over the eight new stores. My thought would be to have better organization of mailboxes and smaller stores to manage. Am I doing the right thing, is there a rule of thum...

CRM Email Router keeps seeing an old ghost server
Hello everyone, I got a strange problem yesterday, I couldn't solve yet. I think it's a bit interresting in digging about technical stuff I explain : I used CRM 3 and Email router a long time ago. I never quit the domain on this server ( named ZEUS ) I updated to CRM4, but not the router. I then installed a new DC, a new server, moved to this server, but forgot to remove the old server in the license manager configurator ( or something like this from the start menu ) Everything goes fine. Yesterday I decided to send mail from the CRM, so decided to install the Router from the CD...

Win 2003 SP1 required for upgrade Exchange 2003 SP2 ?
Dear all, Anyone knows if Windows 2003 need to upgrade to SP1 before it can run Exchange 2003 Sp2 ? Thanks Not required but its recommended, from SP2 release notes: "If you are running Windows Server 2003, it is recommended that you install Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 (SP1). Although SP1 is not required to use the new message hygiene features, it is required to allow for Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) session tarpitting. SMTP session tarpitting involves slowing down Exchange Server responses to invalid SMTP commands or non-existent recipients on the RCPT TO: comman...

Contacts Search