Contact List - Fax # is seperate entry?

How come whne I put in a contact in Outlook 2004, and then I add a fax
#, it lists the contact twice on my main list?
0
jbo1 (19)

It's because there is no Outlook 2004.
The standard behavior for the Outlook Address book is to display all
electronic addresses (both fax and e-mail). That behavior cannot be changed.
The only way to prevent the display of fax numbers is to store them in a
different field or to disguise them (e.g., precede them with an alpha
character) so that Outlook won't recognize them as phone numbers.
There are also a number of utilities available that can do this for you
automatically. Some are listed here:
http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/nofax.htm

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"BoDEAN" <jbo@not_a_valid_email_addy.com> wrote in message
> How come whne I put in a contact in Outlook 2004, and then I add a fax
> #, it lists the contact twice on my main list?

0
russval (3097)
12/17/2003 9:58:13 PM
Thanks.

For 20 bucks....I'll do it myself and add the Fax: prefix

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 16:58:13 -0500, "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]"
<russval@mvps.org> wrote:

>It's because there is no Outlook 2004.
>The standard behavior for the Outlook Address book is to display all
>electronic addresses (both fax and e-mail). That behavior cannot be changed.
>The only way to prevent the display of fax numbers is to store them in a
>different field or to disguise them (e.g., precede them with an alpha
>character) so that Outlook won't recognize them as phone numbers.
>There are also a number of utilities available that can do this for you
>automatically. Some are listed here:
>http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/nofax.htm

0
jbo1 (19)

Conditional Formating multiple cells in 1 row based on a list of d
Hi, I need to highlight various cells in 1 row based on a list of dates in a separate column. Look in help for conditional formatting or post a more concrete example -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Clinton" <Clinton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9631D926-8C85-47F3-8FAF-FA2321CA5B3F@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I need to highlight various cells in 1 row based on a list of dates in a > separate column. In CF you'll need the "Formula Is", rather than "Cell Value Is" option. If the formula evaluates to TR...

Contacts work for Accounts not contacts
Is there a way to limit the Parent Customer field on the Contact form so that it only allows Accounts to be chosen? We don't want the capability to allow Contacts to have Sub-Contacts - but it does not seem possible to hide the Sub-Contacts item in the contacts form left hand menu. Helen; Could you create a new custom entity [Companies or something like that] to use instead of Accounts? then create a relationship between Companies and Contacts and have the lookup on the contact form be to the Companies object, rather than Accounts (remove the parent account lookup field from the ...

Millions of contacts in CRM
Hi, I am concerned about the use of MSCRM in a client with a few milliion contact records (around 6 million). I know from my own experience with SQL Server that there is no problem with this database, but I wonder if there is any issu regarding the application ou the application server...? I also read the performance and sizing white papers, but the concern there is related to number of users not record number... I read a post by Jake Horn where he mentions 2 M account records in a client installation with no problem, with replication turned off ( is this just turning off replication i...

list.remove() crash.
Hi: I have a short code below which polulats a list with 3 strings and then try to remove them by calling list.remove(). but the program crashes at the 2nd run in the loop (as marked below). Could you see anything I'm doing wrong? Thanks for your input. Polaris ------------------------------------------------------------- #include <list> typedef std::list <char*>::iterator LI; int main (int argc, char* argv[]) { char* array[] = { { "Test1" }, { "Test2" }, { "Test3" } }; ...

Import Contact as AD contacts
Is there a way to import contacts form an Exchange public folder to Contacts in my active directory under an OU? i.e instaed of creating a new contact in AD and enter all detail I want to import the current details I already have in the Public Folder as contacts thanks Mike On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 11:31:44 +0200, "Michael Greeff" <mikeg452@hotmail.com> wrote: >Is there a way to import contacts form an Exchange public folder to Contacts >in my active directory under an OU? i.e instaed of creating a new contact in >AD and enter all detail I want to import the current de...

Printing out a list of emails
Is there anyway to print out the list of emails, like you see in the standard view of outlook? I would hate to have to take a screen shot of each couple of hours to get the contents of the entire inbox (I actually only need a couple of days). File>print>table style. You can print either the whole list, or just selected messages. HTH Mark "Eugene Taylor" <ewtaylor2001@fake.com> wrote in message news:%23mD6sd92FHA.2800@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Is there anyway to print out the list of emails, like you see in the > standard view of outlook? I would hate to have...

Let's exchange contact info #3
Hi, Goran Thisell here, how are you? I am putting together a contact list of individuals interested in sharing resources and business information. If you are interested in connecting please send your Name and information to: mailto:coghem@telia.com?subject=BUSINESS_CONTACT_NG I will follow up as soon as I get your email. It's not an autoresponder so it might not be right away. I appreciate your patience. I look forward to meeting you. Regards, Goran Thisell coghem@telia.com --- MAF Anti-Spam ID: 20040306105317O0d3ZyV4 ...

OWA
Hi, When my clients create new contacts on their email accounts through OWA why is it they have type the persons name into the search window when they want to add a person or persons to their "to:" field in the message? Why doesn't their contacts show up in the bottom window so they can select one or more? Also when they create Distribution Lists via OWA they are not able to view the lists under Contacts like you can when you are using MS Outlook 2003, also the list doesn't show up when you search for it when creating a new message?? Why is that? Are there work aroun...

Export Item List to Adjust
I have imported a large group of inventory incorrectly (the bar code numbers had spaces and shouldn't have). Is there a way to export a group of items out into excel, so I can correct my error and re-import? GE, How about creating a SQL statement to remove the spaces. Which field is the issue? ILC, Alias, Supplier Re-order # -- = Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a reader, follow the link below to setup Outlook Express. Click on "...

how to filter list based on multiple criteria
Date S/No Name Dept R/No 26/07/09 01 ABC M1 M001 26/07/09 02 DEF S1 S001 26/07/09 03 GHI A1 A001 27/07/09 04 DEF S1 S001 27/07/09 05 ABC M1 M001 27/07/09 06 GHI A1 A002 I have a long list of records as shown above, how can I copy the list to another range with records for "Name", "Dept" and "R/No" not duplicated and showing the latest S/No. In other words, Record 1 and Record 2 should not appear as it is duplicat...

Contacts view options
A simple question which I'm sure has been answered before (can't find it on search, mind you)... My Outlook 2003's contacts window is listing all my entries in Last Name, First Name order. How do I swap it so it shows the other way around? Many thanks. Trent SC wrote: > A simple question which I'm sure has been answered before (can't find > it on search, mind you)... > > My Outlook 2003's contacts window is listing all my entries in Last > Name, First Name order. How do I swap it so it shows the other way > around? > Many thanks. Top ...

data entry form #6
I have a template with drop down fields and other data validation. What I need now is when this form is used, to write the selections and other information inputed to a excel data list. How do I do this? -- Tess ...

Add contact to group of appointments
Is it possible to add a contact to a group of appointment brought up in a search? Or does each appointment have to be done individually?. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Robert Bendett;144399 Wrote: > Is it possible to add a contact to a group of appointment brought up in > a search? Or does each appointment have to be done individually?. > Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Each needs done individually. -- Slipstick 'Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center' (http://www.slipstick.com) 'Outlook Tips' (http://www.outlook-t...

Adding a Outlook calender entry from Access
I have a form on access that lets me add a calender entry into Outlook, it all works perfect however does any one know what code i need to use to send the outlook invertation to a email address Thanks SImon I have developed an Access form that looks just luke a page torn from a wall calendar. Different data can be displayed in each day of the calendar. The year and month displayed is selectable. Other features can be programmed into the calendar form. There is also a calendar report that can be printed for any month. I can implement the calendar form and calendar report into ...

How to edit Marketing List Members window/view?
I'd like to add columns to the Marketing List Members window/view, but I do not find it in the customizale entities. (Not the Markeritng List views, but the window that shows the marketing list members and related info). I can do it using a dynamic extract, but that doesn't meet my needs. Any help is appreciated. On 6 dec, 19:25, Greg R <Gr...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'd like to add columns to theMarketingListMemberswindow/view, but I do > not find it in the customizale entities. (Not the MarkeritngListviews, but > the window that shows themarketingl...

Missing Entries
Software: MS Money 2003 Deluxe. Since March 2004, entries have disappeared from various bank accounts. IE I opened a new bank account the opening deposit was in the system and I reconciled the account. I backed up the file and closed Money. This morning when I opened MS Money, the opening deposit was deleted and I was short $100. Last week, all the accounts were missing data. Any suggestions on how to fix the problem? Ruben In microsoft.public.money, Ruben wrote: >Software: MS Money 2003 Deluxe. Since March 2004, >entries have disappeared from various bank accounts. ...

add contact attribute to contact form
I need to add a new attribute 'introducer' of type contact to the contact form. I can't use the 'parent customer' attribute because I am using it for something else. The introducer is an employee of the account selected as 'parent customer', so ideally I would like the attribute to be a lookup of contacts filtered for the value of 'parent customer'. I then want to populate the address of the introducer into custom address attributes of the contact. Can anyone suggest how I might do this? Thanks, Lorraine. -- Lorraine Quigley Lorraine, You can't a...

filter a form using a seperate form.
I can creat a search field on a form to filter records based on a certain field data. I would like to be able to do this on two different forms, meaning my search button will be on a different form than the one it applys filter to. I do not know how to reference the form I need to apply filter to. Can some one give me an idea. I just need a simple example. Regards. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access/200708/1 To reference another form's Filter property: Forms!FormName.Form.Filter = "?" Once you set the Filter property y...

Most Recently Used list (MRU)
My Most Recently Used list (MRU) does not always list the Most Recently Used file. Sometimes the file i just used shows up and sometimes it doesnt. I cant find a pattern to identfy why it lists. Basically, i would like it to show any time i open the file. Or, at least if i save the file. How can i understand and control this. I now have it set to 9 Most Recently Used files. Thanks, Dave The MRU will only show those files that you open using Files | Open.... If you use a macro to open a file, or double click on a file to open it, then those won't show up. You can use a macro t...

Transfer a distribution list
One of my users has a distribution list and would like another user to have it. They both use OWA and not Outlook. So, I figure I would have to do the transfer since you can't import/export from OWA. Is what I want to do possible? TIA. -Steven- In news:ujVuJpaZGHA.4620@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl, Jason Rangle <jjrangle@nowhere.com> typed: > One of my users has a distribution list and would like another user > to have it. They both use OWA and not Outlook. So, I figure I would > have to do the transfer since you can't import/export from OWA. Is > what I want...

Contact Types
I have users complaining that they are seeing too many contacts at once and only want to see the contacts that are available to them. When a user opens an Account and clicks on Contacts, how can it be made to display only the Contacts that are pertinent to a certain user or function? Hello, Microsoft CRM 3.0 is designed such a way that the user acually will see any record that he's allowed to see. You could limit rights to users, but I don't think this is the way to go. Currently I don't see a way to restrict the visible contacts based upon which user is logged on. If user...

Folder List View Save?
Using Outlook 2003 on Win 2k Server. I prefer to use the Folder List view for my Personal Folders. I'm having a problem with Outlook remembering which folders were expanded when I close and later reopen Outlook. For example, if I have this folder hierarchy under Personal Folders: A B ---B1 ---B2 ---B3 C ---C1 ---C2 ---C3 D Let's say that I don't want to take up the screen space to show the subfolders under "C". I collapse that folder, and it now looks like this: A B ---B1 ---B2 ---B3 C D I then exit Outlook, shut the PC off and go home. The next day, I start every...

synching contacts with exchange 2003
Hello, Server contains small business server 2003 with exchange 2003. Workstations are Windows XP running Outlook 2003. If a user adds someone to their contacts, is it automatically saved to the server or do I have to back up that info seperately in a .pst file? Thanks for any help. In news:OSmzfK59GHA.4708@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl, Peter McCaul <compcoff@hotmail.com> typed: > Hello, > > Server contains small business server 2003 with exchange 2003. > > Workstations are Windows XP running Outlook 2003. > > If a user adds someone to their contacts, is it automati...

Contacts Search

WLM contacts wont import from .WAB
I was using outlook express on server 2003 for years without many problems. Recently I exported all my contacts to a .WAB file then moved it to my 2008 R2 server for import. The problem is when I import the 997 contacts, they show up in the immediate session however when I close and reopen WLM the imported contacts are no longer there. anyone have any ideas? Leon I found that removing all punctuation marks (comma's, periods ...) from the contact's street address field cured this exact problem "Leon McCalla" <leonmccalla@remove.hotmail.com> wrote ...