Contact data is in wrong field

Hi all - I need some help with a complicated problem.

I am working on a PST file that was recovered from some old data.
Unfortunately, the recovery put contact data in the wrong places.  Here
are a few examples:

1.  Contact street address and city shows up in the "Follup up flag"
field
2.  Contact "Email display as" contains the display as information with
the email address, but the email address field is empty
3.  Many duplicates of data with slightly different information (Same
contact might have 3 copies, one with a missing telephone number,
another with a missing email address, another with a missing name)

I need to do the following:
1.  Get all of the data from the Contact database exported (including
the Followup flag field)
Before you suggest it, yes, I have put the Follow-up flag field in the
Phone List view and copied and pasted it to Excel - unfortunately, the
<cr><lf> in the data prevents the city/state from being entered into
Excel.

2.  Sort through the data to consolidate the duplicates (I have a
process that i'm considering, which basically is a series of re-imports
of the data in stages or steps, and having Outlook replace data with
new data on duplicates)

thanks for the help and suggestions.

Eric

0
airwrck (3)

airwrck <airwrck@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all - I need some help with a complicated problem.
>
> I am working on a PST file that was recovered from some old data.
> Unfortunately, the recovery put contact data in the wrong places.

How did you "recover"?

> I need to do the following:
> 1.  Get all of the data from the Contact database exported (including
> the Followup flag field)

There is no "contact database".  Contacts, mail, tasks, appointments, etc.
are all kept in the save PST.

> Before you suggest it, yes, I have put the Follow-up flag field in the
> Phone List view and copied and pasted it to Excel - unfortunately, the
> <cr><lf> in the data prevents the city/state from being entered into
> Excel.
>
> 2.  Sort through the data to consolidate the duplicates (I have a
> process that i'm considering, which basically is a series of
> re-imports of the data in stages or steps, and having Outlook replace
> data with new data on duplicates)

If you still have access to the old PST, start Outlook and open that PST
with File>Open>Outlook Data File.  All your data should look exactly like it
did when last it worked.  Copy the contents from one folder to another, if
you wish.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
11/9/2006 7:26:20 PM
Brian - thanks for the response.  If I had access to the original PST,
I'd do that.  I've inherited the file and situation.

I realize there's no "contact database".  However, for the intent of
this message, I'm trying to export fields from the Contact folder that
are not normally exported (Follow-up flag and Conversation, for
example)  (I actually had success in copying the entire Contact folder,
in Phone List view, with the fields that I want, into a Notepad file to
try to manipulate the fields that I need to fix)

If I can just get every field in every Contact, regardless of what it
is, exported from the Contacts folder into a text document, I could
script, program, or manipulate the data to put it back in the right
place.

Can anyone help me with getting all of that data, every field from
every contact, extracted from Outlook?  If I get the field headers too,
that is an even bigger bonus.  The predefined "Import and Export..."
utility in Outlook will not suffice.

thanks
Eric

On Nov 9, 11:26 am, "Brian Tillman" <tillman1...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> airwrck <airw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi all - I need some help with a complicated problem.
>
> > I am working on a PST file that was recovered from some old data.
> > Unfortunately, the recovery put contact data in the wrong places.How did you "recover"?
>
> > I need to do the following:
> > 1.  Get all of the data from the Contact database exported (including
> > the Followup flag field)

> There is no "contact database".  Contacts, mail, tasks, appointments, etc.
> are all kept in the save PST.
>
> > Before you suggest it, yes, I have put the Follow-up flag field in the
> > Phone List view and copied and pasted it to Excel - unfortunately, the
> > <cr><lf> in the data prevents the city/state from being entered into
> > Excel.
>
> > 2.  Sort through the data to consolidate the duplicates (I have a
> > process that i'm considering, which basically is a series of
> > re-imports of the data in stages or steps, and having Outlook replace
> > data with new data on duplicates)

> If you still have access to the old PST, start Outlook and open that PST
> with File>Open>Outlook Data File.  All your data should look exactly like it
> did when last it worked.  Copy the contents from one folder to another, if
> you wish.
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
airwrck (3)

Millions of contacts in CRM
Hi, I am concerned about the use of MSCRM in a client with a few milliion contact records (around 6 million). I know from my own experience with SQL Server that there is no problem with this database, but I wonder if there is any issu regarding the application ou the application server...? I also read the performance and sizing white papers, but the concern there is related to number of users not record number... I read a post by Jake Horn where he mentions 2 M account records in a client installation with no problem, with replication turned off ( is this just turning off replication i...

Great Plains POP10390 distribution data gets deleted when posting a batch
Hi, We are using GP version 10.1...Since last week, we started to lose the GL distribution on POP transaction (invoice matching)...it seems that the records of the POP10390 file get 'flushed' randomly... Today we had an occurence where a posting report got 'stucked' at 50% of progress on the screen of a user...we waited more than 1/2 an hour and the batch never end posting...it did also create a situation where other users could not post either...(just like there was a lock on the file...where the record got flushed.... Any clues...we can't believe that it never ha...

Data tags problem
I have an issue with a user I have just upgraded to Office 2003 and any help would be appreciated. The issue is with a spreadhseet containing a graph. The graph consists of 5 datapoints, the last of which is a total figure and does not have a colour bar i.e. only shows figures. However, on several of the graphs this figure is either hidden or blank and does not even print out. It appears to be totally random and occasionaly there is an additional problem whereby some of the bars just show the outline and not the colour infill. Any ideas please????? Tim Its ok,calm down everyone,i fix...

Contacts work for Accounts not contacts
Is there a way to limit the Parent Customer field on the Contact form so that it only allows Accounts to be chosen? We don't want the capability to allow Contacts to have Sub-Contacts - but it does not seem possible to hide the Sub-Contacts item in the contacts form left hand menu. Helen; Could you create a new custom entity [Companies or something like that] to use instead of Accounts? then create a relationship between Companies and Contacts and have the lookup on the contact form be to the Companies object, rather than Accounts (remove the parent account lookup field from the ...

pivot table calculated field
I have a pivot table that shows a Count of a metric, as well as a Sum of another metric. I am trying to create a third report field in the pivot table that shows the Sum divided by the Count. Can this be accomplished via the Calculated field Option. Here is what the Pivot table looks like: Count of Name Sum of Spend Sum of Spend divided by Count of Name Group A 5 10 X Group B 6 30 Group C 7 49 So for example, I am trying to create a calcul...

Import Contact as AD contacts
Is there a way to import contacts form an Exchange public folder to Contacts in my active directory under an OU? i.e instaed of creating a new contact in AD and enter all detail I want to import the current details I already have in the Public Folder as contacts thanks Mike On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 11:31:44 +0200, "Michael Greeff" <mikeg452@hotmail.com> wrote: >Is there a way to import contacts form an Exchange public folder to Contacts >in my active directory under an OU? i.e instaed of creating a new contact in >AD and enter all detail I want to import the current de...

Let's exchange contact info #3
Hi, Goran Thisell here, how are you? I am putting together a contact list of individuals interested in sharing resources and business information. If you are interested in connecting please send your Name and information to: mailto:coghem@telia.com?subject=BUSINESS_CONTACT_NG I will follow up as soon as I get your email. It's not an autoresponder so it might not be right away. I appreciate your patience. I look forward to meeting you. Regards, Goran Thisell coghem@telia.com --- MAF Anti-Spam ID: 20040306105317O0d3ZyV4 ...

selecting chart data range using arrow keys
Hello, In the past I have been able to select the data range (ie source data) for a chart by (a) clicking on the little square button at the far right end of the source range, which brings me to the spreadsheet; and (b) then using arrow keys to move around and SHIFT select data. OK, I can still do this. But the rub is this: I used to be able to CTRL-arrow around to select ranges, which is very handy in big spreadsheets, since it can bring you to the next full cell (like using the Scout (#9) in Stratego). But now I can't CTRL-arrow around anymore to select chart data, leaving me...

OWA
Hi, When my clients create new contacts on their email accounts through OWA why is it they have type the persons name into the search window when they want to add a person or persons to their "to:" field in the message? Why doesn't their contacts show up in the bottom window so they can select one or more? Also when they create Distribution Lists via OWA they are not able to view the lists under Contacts like you can when you are using MS Outlook 2003, also the list doesn't show up when you search for it when creating a new message?? Why is that? Are there work aroun...

Contacts view options
A simple question which I'm sure has been answered before (can't find it on search, mind you)... My Outlook 2003's contacts window is listing all my entries in Last Name, First Name order. How do I swap it so it shows the other way around? Many thanks. Trent SC wrote: > A simple question which I'm sure has been answered before (can't find > it on search, mind you)... > > My Outlook 2003's contacts window is listing all my entries in Last > Name, First Name order. How do I swap it so it shows the other way > around? > Many thanks. Top ...

Calculated field
I am looking for the best way to create a report for attendance. Attendance is calculated by deducting the total number of absent employees (this is determined by user input) from the total number of employees on the roll divided by the authorized number of employees on the roll. The authorized number does not equal the total number of employees. The authorized number is input by management into a table. This same table has a manual input for the total number of employees on the roll. I would like to automate this second function with a DCount from the employee table but am having diffic...

same data
Hello, I'm using a CList in order to hold structure into a list. When I need to read the very next node (next structure within the list) I see pointer value changes but l I still see same information in previous node or stucture. Any suggestions? Thanks, Smith ...

data entry form #6
I have a template with drop down fields and other data validation. What I need now is when this form is used, to write the selections and other information inputed to a excel data list. How do I do this? -- Tess ...

Add contact to group of appointments
Is it possible to add a contact to a group of appointment brought up in a search? Or does each appointment have to be done individually?. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Robert Bendett;144399 Wrote: > Is it possible to add a contact to a group of appointment brought up in > a search? Or does each appointment have to be done individually?. > Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Each needs done individually. -- Slipstick 'Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center' (http://www.slipstick.com) 'Outlook Tips' (http://www.outlook-t...

chart data #2
I have a spreadsheet set up that updates the information every month over a 12 month period. The data i have for example is Actual Profile Jan 77723 77723 Feb 75319 67582 Mar 72047 73469 Apr 69557 81048 May 76672 88563 Jun 65068 77750 Jul 63819 79528 Aug 71079 90357 Sep 65793 85348 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 Obviously i have not received the data for the last three months yet but i need to keep the formulas in to automatically update the information. I want to select all of the information in this area but not show zeros on my chart. This chart will then update every month as the...

add contact attribute to contact form
I need to add a new attribute 'introducer' of type contact to the contact form. I can't use the 'parent customer' attribute because I am using it for something else. The introducer is an employee of the account selected as 'parent customer', so ideally I would like the attribute to be a lookup of contacts filtered for the value of 'parent customer'. I then want to populate the address of the introducer into custom address attributes of the contact. Can anyone suggest how I might do this? Thanks, Lorraine. -- Lorraine Quigley Lorraine, You can't a...

Trouble Displaying a Non-Contiguous Data Range
I'm having trouble creating a chart that shows days off that individual employees are taking for a particular month. I can create an underlying data table, but I'm unable to create a chart based on the data. I'd like the chart to look something like this with days of the particular month on the Y axis and the names of the people on the X axis: Month of July 31 30 29 28 .. .. 5 .. .. 1 Sue Mary ..... Tom I'm having trouble displaying a non-contiguous data range for a particular person (x value). If Sue were to take off, for exam...

Contact Types
I have users complaining that they are seeing too many contacts at once and only want to see the contacts that are available to them. When a user opens an Account and clicks on Contacts, how can it be made to display only the Contacts that are pertinent to a certain user or function? Hello, Microsoft CRM 3.0 is designed such a way that the user acually will see any record that he's allowed to see. You could limit rights to users, but I don't think this is the way to go. Currently I don't see a way to restrict the visible contacts based upon which user is logged on. If user...

Stacking Data??
if I have data like this A B C D... 1 Type\Date 01/10/04 02/10/04 03/10/04... 2 T-X 100 50 100 3 T-Y 50 70 0 4 T-Z 400 0 400 ... .. ...

Displaying data thru a variable
Hi Guys, How can I do this, I have a variable (txtFName) that contain the name of a table's field (FirstName), what I want is to display the value of FirstName (Mark Vargas) using txtFName. How can I do this? I will appreciate any help. Thanks Create an unbound textbox named PersonFirstName. Put the following code in an appropriate event: Me!PersonFirstName = txtFName Steve santus@penn.com "Maracay" <Maracay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C62B0790-368E-4ED1-A66E-A8B10C512705@microsoft.com... > Hi Guys, > > How can...

synching contacts with exchange 2003
Hello, Server contains small business server 2003 with exchange 2003. Workstations are Windows XP running Outlook 2003. If a user adds someone to their contacts, is it automatically saved to the server or do I have to back up that info seperately in a .pst file? Thanks for any help. In news:OSmzfK59GHA.4708@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl, Peter McCaul <compcoff@hotmail.com> typed: > Hello, > > Server contains small business server 2003 with exchange 2003. > > Workstations are Windows XP running Outlook 2003. > > If a user adds someone to their contacts, is it automati...

Contacts Search

Cannot Read CAB Data
when i click on a link in an email message in outlook 2002 ...

qry for Excel report with weekly data in a vertical column
tblArea AreaID area tblHeadEnd HeadEndID AreaID headend tblRouter RouterID HeadEndID router tblPorts PortID RouterID tblTransmitter TransmitterID PortID transmitter PortID RouterID tblNodes NodeID transmitterID tblNodeNamesID NodeID ParentNodeName date created tblUtilization utilID NodeID percentage Date The report shows weekly utilization data for an ISP. This structure is 1:M in the areas to the headend. The headend has 1:m routers, each router has 1:M ports. The transmitter can have either 1:1 to nodes or 1:M . The nodeNames table is for th...

Add data labels without displaying data points?
I have a bar graph showing payer mixes for our 3 business units, 6 bars for each unit, with the data labels above each bar showing the percent of total. Across the bottom of graph I would like to add the prior year percentages for comparison, but I don't want to include that data in the graph - just display the percentage. I tried adding a text box with the information, but I'm not able to consistently get it to line up with the current data. I also tried adding individual text boxes linked to my data, but this was not ideal because of the difficulty in lining them up as well...