Consolidating Personal Folders

I have somehow opened up 4 personal folders.  How do I consolidate all of
them into one personal folder and merge all the information.  Next, how do I
delete the other personal folders? I've read through a couple of books but I
can't find the information.  Any help would be very much appreciated

Thanks

MikeSellers

Move the contents of the folders to the folder that you want to keep. You
can disconnect from the other pst-files by rightclicking the root folder and
choose Close.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-What do the Outlook Icons Mean?

-----
"Mike Sellers" <msellers99@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have somehow opened up 4 personal folders.  How do I consolidate all of
>them into one personal folder and merge all the information.  Next, how do
>I delete the other personal folders? I've read through a couple of books
>but I can't find the information.  Any help would be very much appreciated
>
> Thanks
>
> MikeSellers

0
Roady

Consolidating Personal Folders
I have somehow opened up 4 personal folders. How do I consolidate all of them into one personal folder and merge all the information. Next, how do I delete the other personal folders? I've read through a couple of books but I can't find the information. Any help would be very much appreciated Thanks MikeSellers Move the contents of the folders to the folder that you want to keep. You can disconnect from the other pst-files by rightclicking the root folder and choose Close. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook I...

consolidate queries
I have many too many queries, which I use to gather data for a report. I hope someone can suggest how to consolidate them. For example, 8 of my queries are of the exact same form, except the value of one field is one of 8 possibilities. Here is the SQL for the qCUS query: SELECT q1Main.DReferred, q1Main.CaseType FROM q1Main WHERE (((q1Main.DReferred)>=[Forms]![fgetStats]![tbxBegDate] And (q1Main.DReferred)<=[Forms]![fgetStats]![tbxEndDate]) AND ((q1Main.CaseType)="CUS")); The only difference between the 8 queries is that in the qCUS query, CaseType = "...

A folder that can contain any item type
Hi... How to obtain a folder that can store any type of outlook items? (messages + journal items); something like the "Deleted Foder" folder . Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Copy it. Mohamed Abdel-Monem wrote: > Hi... > > How to obtain a folder that can store any type of outlook items? > (messages + journal items); something like the "Deleted Foder" folder > > Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com ...

Recover Public Folders #2
In swapping our Win 2003 SBS server, we went and lost (forgot to move) the Public Folders in Outlook. We still have the old server. What do I need to copy off it to restore the Public Folders onto the new SBS server? (Please assume that I don't know too much about what I'm doing. I'm the untrained volunteer computer geek for my church. Unfortunately the person that does understand the server is on a trip for a few weeks and the office staff wants their shared contact list that was in the Public Folders back.) Thanks for the help Brian It should be easy enough to log in...

Office 2004 and Windows 2003 Server Home Folder
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3227083597_4213755 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit Hello, I have all my Mac users authenticate to a Windows 2003 Server and also store their Home folder on that server. Office 2004 is installed on the local computer. Each time an Office application is launched, it goes through what appears to be the First Run process � Configuring Office Components and Optimizing Font menu performance, etc. ...

Consolidation Worksheet Data Sequence
I'm consolidating 3 worksheets into one by using Excel 2007 data consolidation. The worksheets have a product number in column A and sales figures in columns B, C & D for Jan, Feb and Mar. The worksheets are in product number sequence. Not all product numbers appear on each sheet, so I consolidate by category using "labels in left column" and "create links to source data" to create a consolidation sheet in outline form. The problem is the consolidated worksheet is not in product number sequence as I need it to be. I have books on Excel 2007 and Excel 2003 and their ...

Outlook 2003 Favorite Folders
Hi Is there anyway to remove the Favorite Folders pane from the navigation pane in Outlook 2003? Thanks Mani Not in mail view. However, you can switch to Folder List view by clicking the Folder list button and you won't see Favorite Folders there. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "M." <kohlim@bsci.com> wrote in message news:e43801c3f018$643e6d40$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Hi > > Is there anyway to remove the Favorite Folders pane from >...

Deleted emails not showing up in Deleted Items folder
Yesteday this started. I delete an email from my in box and it does not appear in the Deleted Items folder. I checked Preferences but don't see any settings that may affect this. Any ideas? Thanks all, Richard Garneau Have you got the folder set to show "Unread Only"? -- Barry Wainwright Microsoft MVP (see http://mvp.support.microsoft.com for details) Check out the Entourage User's WebLog for hints, tips and troubleshooting <http://homepage.mac.com/barryw/weblog/weblog.html> > From: Richard Garneau <richard@grghome.com> > Organization: http://gro...

Two Personal Folders Created
I have 2 separate personal folders created and would like to delete one Chris Wilson <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have 2 separate personal folders created and would > like to delete one That's nice. Is there a question here somewhere? -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.com is the domain. I don't speak for Smiths, and Smiths doesn't speak for me. ...

Difficulty in setting hotmail acct. as main (personal) folder
Just recently I purchased a new Pocket PC handheld which came wit inbox(ppc) and outlook 2002(pc). I installed them both and they wor great. I can sync my emails to the unit and read them anywhere. However, I noticed that it will only import items from my persona folder (which seems is a non-html email acct). Question: Is it possible to configure outlook 2002 to make hotmail th personal folder? If not, would it be possible to create a macro tha can transfer all emails from the hotmail acct to the personal folder? It would be a time saver. Thanks, Hovi ----------------------------------...

Data Consolidation
Biff: Thanks so much for your input on the automation. After a small bit of tweaking, your formula worked like a charm. Now that I have the correlation multi-year table comparison automated, I would like to consolidate each commodities multi-year correlation into an overall correlation set. What I have now is five sets of correlation rows/commodity (representing the five historical data sets) which look like the following: Australian Dollar (AD) Correlations ============================== 1yr: C S PN SI SM 5yr: BO BP CD DX EU GC S SF SM 10yr: DX EU GC MP SF SI W 15yr: DX TU SP MP 20yr: CC G...

2 identical Personal Folders in Folder List and Mail views in Navaigation Pane
Hi, Appreciate your help with this. I am using Outlook 2003/WinXP. There are 2 identical Personal Folders in Folder List and Mail views in Navaigation Pane. Both have identical list of sub folders of Drafts, Inbox, Sent, etc. If I click on one Inbox, the contents are the same as in the other, etc. If I close a sub folder, the same sub folder in the other also goes. If I RC on either one of the Personal Folders, the selection "close personal folder" is grayed. How can I get rid of the second one? The only difference between them is the icon to their left. The top most Personal Fol...

Public Folder replication #36
I appear to be seeing a problem with my Public Folders that is causing my Public Store to take an age to backup. With the help of the good people in this group, I have been able to establish some earlier problems with my replication and it now seems to be working reasonably well but the backup is still taking an age. Of all the folders that I have, I am seeing an anomoly that may be causing the backup to go and get the remote replica details across the WAN for certain folders. Some of my folders are listed as being on the remote server and "Local Modified" with the local ser...

FRx Consolidations #2
I am trying to consolidate two companies with a different account structure. The column format has an account filter and the condolidation is not working. Company One: ##### Company Two: #####-## Column Accout Filter: ????? Note: The first five places of the account in both companies is the same, Company Two has additional departments. When I try to run the consolidation, I can only get one company to tree up, the one whose account structure matches the column account filter. What do I need to do to make the consolidation work? ...

customer vendor consolidation #3
I would like to be able to transfer mulitple documents between payables and receivalbles all at once and have the option of having the documents transfer individually or as one lump sum. Currently if mulitple documents are transfered at the same time, a lump sum is transerferred instead of individiuals documents, which mean one credit memo is created instead of one per document being transferred. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in t...

Duplicate set of folders #2
I have exactly the same problems as Robert Judge, but I am using Outlook 2003 under Windows XP. And I even have three different sets of personal folders. Robert wrtote: "In Outlook 2000 under Windows ME, for some reason I now have two "Personal Folders" that contain essentially the same information. I'm not sure how this happened, but my PST file is now 100 mg, about twice the size of what it used to be. I don't see a straightforward to delete one of the Personal Folders. What is the best way to eliminate the duplicate Folder? Why did Outlook create the duplicate Perso...

IMAP email and folders
Hi I have an exchange 2000 Server providing all the email services for my domain. I wish to give my users IMAP access. I have configured the accounts so that the users can log on using their IMAP clients, however none of my users can download anything other than email headers, and none of my users folders (other than Inbox) are retreived. This behaviour is the same inside the LAN and on a WAN. Any ideas? ...

reopen an archive folder
I closed a file in my archive folders. How do I open it again? It has disappeared. I did NOT delete; just closed it. I've tried everything but no luck. Thanks "Shuggles" <Shuggles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2023760B-2B45-43F1-A3EA-890331EE10FA@microsoft.com... >I closed a file in my archive folders. How do I open it again? It has > disappeared. I did NOT delete; just closed it. I've tried everything but > no > luck. Clearly you did not try "everything". Click File>Open>Outlook Data File an...

Public folder access question
I am trying to create a user who has no mailbox and no access to Exchange except for a single public folder. This user would ONLY access the system through OWA. I tested this on a test domain and it worked fine, but now that I'm trying to set it up on the production environment, it's not working. I'm stumped as to why. Here's what I've done so far: 1. Set up a public folder (calendar) that will be shared among several internal users and an external user, who will have access ONLY to this folder and ONLY through OWA. Set the permissions to the folder as follow...

Contents of mail folders gone
Eeek, moved a folder called "Upcoming Events" from one account to my new Outlook Exchange account. The individual directories are there but the actual emails within are missing. Please help me find them? Thanks in advance, Jo how did you move them? are you sure you're not looking at a filtered view of that folder? -- Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook www.judygleeson.com www.deskdoctors.com Are you sick of bad email practice? Get a copy of my paper "Implementing Email Policy" from the Desk Doctors website. "Boppy" <therealboppy@yahoo.com> wrote ...

mailbox manager does not process custom top level folders
I am trying to create a recipient policy to limit all users to 90 days of e-mail. I have selected the "all other folders" options but any custom Top Level Folders that a user created do not get processed. The Inbox, sent items, and all subfolders get processed. If I manually create the entry for the name of the top level folder it works fine and the mailbox is purged. But how am I supposed to know all of the folder names that users might have created? Thanks, Brian Hi Brian! Answer copied from: http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2005/04/18/403819.aspx Q: I setup Mail...

consolidating
I have a situation where a credit card statement comes in and we have to assign each line item a particular GL code. On one statement this GL code may be used numerous times. The same GL code may also have credits as well as debits. The person writes on the statement what each line item will have for a GL code. From here we want to enter line by line each item in the statement on a sheet in Excel. When this data entry step is done we would like to have Excel do the consolidation to another sheet so it then does the calculation which should match the bottom line of the statement. (pant, pant,...

delete folder
I cant get the emails to delete out of the delete folder. like they should when I close email. You haven't stated whether your problem affects an HTTP account (such as Hotmail), an IMAP account, or a POP3 account. In WLMail, each mail account has its own deleted items folder. With HTTP and IMAP accounts, the program does not empty the Deleted Items folder automatically. What happens, when you select the name of the Deleted Items folder (in the folders list)? You should see an 'X', to the right of the folder name. Clicking on the 'X' should empty the ...

Cannot Move Items from Mailbox to Personal Folder
Hi! Sometimes I experience that I cannot move particular message from mailbox to personal folder, especially on messages that has attachment. Here is the error message: Cannot move the items. The item could not be moved. It was either moved or deleted, or access was denied. But when I click on OK, the message is still on the mailbox. How can I avoid this? Btw, Im using Exchange 5.5 SP4 on Windows 2000 SP4 with Norton Antivirus for MS Exchange. I don't know if the AV has something to do with this error. Hoping for your response. > I don't know if the AV has something to do w...

What is the best online consolidator
What is the best online consolidator to produce a single page view of numerous bank and brokerage accounts. I understand that each will remain seperate. On Jun 19, 4:09=A0pm, "WOppenhe" <woppe...@ucla.edu> wrote: > What is the best online consolidator to produce a single page view of > numerous bank and brokerage accounts. =A0I understand that each will rema= in > seperate. I've played with Yodlee for a few years - it keeps getting better and better ...